The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possible Kathy Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-02 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

This is being discussed over on Mess. Go to Kathy's website.

http://www.kathyobrien.com/surviving.html

at the bottom of the page there is a pic with ##### or Leader and an arrow pointing to the right in the box that says "What I Learned". Click on the arrow, the flash will load and her words will scroll by. After about 4 paragraphs, she says

"for 39 days I never saw myself in a mirror..."

Now, I'm thinking that as soon as someone is voted off, the first thing they do is shower and look at a mirror to see themselves. That's what Pappy and Neeleh did on their cruise. So, if this week's tribal council is day 36, Kathy isn't voted off this week.

When does day 39 fall? Does this mean she makes the final 3 or the final 2? What do you think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler twentyfourseven 05-13-02 1
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler corcam 05-13-02 2
   Exact Quote sweetpea 05-13-02 12
       RE: Exact Quote katem 05-14-02 19
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler MeToo 05-13-02 3
   RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler PagongRatEater 05-14-02 20
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler zzz 05-13-02 4
   RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler corcam 05-13-02 5
       RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler katem 05-13-02 6
           RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler Napalm in the Morning 05-13-02 11
           Screen shots George Tirebiter 05-13-02 13
               RE: Screen shots zzz 05-14-02 15
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler jonusean49 05-13-02 7
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler GuessItRains 05-13-02 8
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler Teddy_Bear 05-13-02 9
   RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler PagongRatEater 05-14-02 21
       RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler Loree 05-14-02 27
           RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler Bebo 05-14-02 28
 Complete Misdirection! clemsonbeav 05-13-02 10
   RE: Complete Misdirection! Napalm in the Morning 05-13-02 14
       Would she really be this careless? Cathy the Canadian 05-14-02 22
           RE: Would she really be this carele... zzz 05-14-02 23
           RE: Would she really be this carele... katem 05-14-02 25
       RE: Complete Misdirection! tree 05-14-02 30
           Bump bebekid 05-14-02 31
               RE: Bump sweetpea 05-14-02 32
           Not Changed!! annmurphyvt 05-14-02 33
               RE: Not Changed!! Femme 05-14-02 34
               RE: Not Changed!! Cosmogirl 05-14-02 35
                   This is What I did,,,,Still Saw "... annmurphyvt 05-14-02 36
                       CHANGED from "39 Days" to "On The I... Napalm in the Morning 05-15-02 37
                           RE: CHANGED from "39 Days" to "On T... bebekid 05-15-02 38
                               RE: CHANGED from "39 Days" to "On T... George Tirebiter 05-15-02 39
           RE: Complete Misdirection! clemsonbeav 05-15-02 40
               Excuse me. . . George Tirebiter 05-15-02 41
                   Gervase X compared to this spoiler bebekid 05-15-02 43
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler MatineeIdol 05-14-02 16
   Websites George Tirebiter 05-14-02 17
       RE: Websites MatineeIdol 05-14-02 24
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler Q 05-14-02 18
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler steppingrazor42 05-14-02 26
   RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler MatineeIdol 05-14-02 29
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler zzz 05-15-02 42
 RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler Fashionista007 05-15-02 44
   RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler survivormitsx 05-15-02 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

twentyfourseven 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail twentyfourseven Click to send private message to twentyfourseven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Well spotted SweetPea!

I think it COULD be misdirection, but more likely an actual spoiler IMHO.

And is it just me or does that top pic of Kathy strongly resemble one Rudy Bosch? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Arsenal Football Club
2001-2002 Premiership Champions
2002 FA Cup Winners

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Sweetpea I couldnt get it to load, but was she saying it as something hypothetical as in for 39 days she never saw herself in a mirror, like a self relization thing, or was it an actual I never saw my face or self in a mirror?

Could be trying to trick us, LOL I am paranoid now, I don't trust anything haha

05-13-02, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Exact Quote"
The passage headline is "Seeing Myself Through Others"
For 39 days I never saw myself in a mirror, I only saw myself through others.

Also, this wasn't on the site the last time I looked. It also has been updated with a picture of Kathy and Pat.

I have a stupid question, this site is really professional done. Does that take a lot of money to put together a web site like this?

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-02, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Exact Quote"
>I have a stupid question, this
>site is really professional done.
>Does that take a lot
>of money to put together
>a web site like this?
>

While I am certaintly no professional in this area. I have friends who are graphic designers and web designers and I know, because I asked around, that for a much simpler site, they would charge around three to five thousand dollars. For something more complicated the price goes up. Obviously these are conservative estimates.

I have also gone on vacation with such friends, and have seen them put together a whole website in only a few hours.

Hope this sort of gives you an idea. Remember, I do not do this for a living and have only gotten info from friends who do.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-02, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Great job, Sweetpea!!!

39 days is the last day, is it not? This would mean that she makes it to F2, correct? This is, of course, assuming that the spoiler is true and that it was not just a "figure of speech". If she makes F2, I don't see how she could possibly lose against anybody. In other words, this spoiler gives the winner!

Does CBS, MB or any other interested party have anything to do with this site? When did this information first appear? Perhaps it should be watched in case it mysteriously disappears a la Jeff Varner's article.

Considering Kathy's current power position, and the final 3 challenge speculations, I think she has an excellent shot at F2, therefore, I'm leaning towards believing this. But I'll sit on the fence for a little while in case something else pops up.

MeToo

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-02, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Nobody thought that Hatch could win either, so don't be so sure. Personally I think that she would lose to Pappy, and possibly could lose to Neleh or Sean, I don't see (from the editing) that Vee formed strong enough bonds to get a lot of votes and the Rotu Four possibly consider her a "betrayer".

Voting rarely follows form or logic in the finale, personally I'm betting on all the alleged Neleh hints that she beats Kathy in the final two. I think that really the only people who have an axe to grind with her are Sean and Vee.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-02, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
I just went over there and read it (it is a scrolling text, so I don't know how to copy and paste it here). It certainly sounds to me like someone who made it to the final two. The words were something like--for 39 days I only saw myself through other people, not a mirror, just throug other people.

While getting to the final 5 this could already be true (wait at juror camp may have been part of the 39 days), but it sure sounded like someone that made it to the end. I believe this is her personal website (not CBS affiliate), so maybe she just slipped subconsiously. I guess like many good spoilers, we won't know whether it was a good spoiler until after the fact.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-02, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
zzz that was what I was saying about it possibly being hypothetical and now since you added the The words were something like--for 39 days I only saw myself through other people, not a mirror, just throug other people.
it sounds like a self realization thing on how she didnt see herself a certain way till after the game, afterall they do have to stay on the island till the end, so this would make sense

05-13-02, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Actually, I believe that it says: "Seeing myself through others.
For 39 days I did not see myself in the mirror, only through the eyes of others".

I think she is just explaining her feelings, she adds that she did not like what she saw.

You know, I have been to this site before and went through it, and I could swear I do not remember this part of the site was there. Maybe I just missed it completely or she just added it since the show ends on Sunday.

Funny how she even added "x" on the photos of the people that have been voted off already.

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-02, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
>Actually, I believe that it says:
>"Seeing myself through others.
>For 39 days I did not
>see myself in the mirror,
>only through the eyes of
>others".

Actually, the quote is "For 39 days I never saw myself in a mirror, only through other people." (NOT "the eyes of others.")

She goes on to say, "For a while I didn't like what I saw" in that her honesty and/or fear of not having the bare necessities made her appear to be too pushy or a biatch (blah, blah, etc.).

IMHO, after reading the text, she meant the "mirror" both figuratively AND literally. Therefore, I believe this adds to my previous speculation that she makes it past this week to the final TC in Ep13, and is the swing vote between the Tale of Two Cities (N/P city vs. S/V city).

Great SPOILER info catch to whomever first caught this! However, if Kathy does go this week, we will have to change the acronym EPMB to MFMB (even though it's Kathy's web site)!

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-13-02, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Screen shots"
FWIW, I made several screen shots and pieced them together to simplify life for anyone without the patience for that site:

Yep, it's a bit big--but at least it's not BASHER material. . . *hint!*

GT

Predestination was doomed from the beginning.

05-14-02, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Screen shots"
Thank you very much for the screen shot. Everyone can obviously come to his or her own opinion, but it sure sounds to me like she is saying she made the final 2. I wonder if MB should sue her now for this disclosure (just kidding).

jonusean49 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-02, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jonusean49 Click to send private message to jonusean49 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
It doesn't necessarilly mean that she makes it to the final 2...it could mean that she could make the final THREE & still not win immunity meaning IMOAEE's she goes right then and there...Although i personally would like to see a Kathy & Sean or Vee final 2 (makes an interesting final jury discussion)N/P are BORING one has honor and integrity and the other is Disneyland:

V/S/K/N/P

John - Neleh
Zoe - Neleh
Tam - ?
Gen. - Pappy
Sean - Pappy
Kathy- ?
Vee - Pappy

This will mean that that Kathy & Tammy will decide who wins

"my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die"

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Day 39 could be figurative. She was there 39 days, juror or not.

On the other hand, the whole tone of the website is of someone very at peace with how she fared on the show. Kathy obviously had a tremendous experience. If she was voted out before the Final 2, she did not take it personally.

She also discusses starting "The Real Foundation for Women." To me, this talk of starting scholarships and providing assistance sounds like a woman who is coming into a lot of money (100k? 1 million?) and already planning what she will do with it. The Final 2 always get asked what they will do with the money, so Kathy may have thought a great deal about her answer.

Assuming this website is valid, it at least provides circumstantial evidence that Kathy is in the Final 2.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-13-02, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-02 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

I just checked the SFever calendar. Here's the link: The Survivor Marquesas 4 Calendar. Based on it, day 36, Ep. 12 is the date of TC #12, and TC #13 takes place on I believe day 38, and the Final TC, on days 39.

According to this Kathy would have to make the final 3 and since the jury vote is one day after that--day 39, she would have to be in the final 2.

Gina said that she's pretty sure who would win; would that mean, she took Sean with her? Just a thought.

I also agree that the mere existence of this website, her stated contributions; definatly point to Kathy not being in the poor-house. Burn-it would be way too smart to allow anyone to make this slip--or would he?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Kathy (about neleH): She's so damn sweet.

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Gina said that she's pretty sure who would win; would that mean, she took Sean with her? Just a thought.

When did Gina say this and in what context? How would Gina even know who was in the final since she wasn't on the jury? Are the contestants allowed to talk to each other about that kind of stuff off the island?

Gina has a very different view of the Survivors then the jury does, since she had limited interaction with most of them and was gone pretty early. The dynamics of the game have changed seriously since Gina left the island. One thing IS for sure, she is not hinting st Sean winning it all, other than that she could be talking about sweet innocent Neleh or the loveable Pappy.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
In one of her interviews Gina was asked who won. She said that they only know who the final 2 are. But she is sure she knows which will win the vote. That made the viewers think that a well-liked person must be up against someone not liked for Gina to think she knew who won. For instance Gina liked both Pappy and Neleh so she may not know who would win between them. But Gina didn't care for Sean so she may think anyone would win against him.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Here's a link to one thread where one of Gina's articles was discussed, and a final 2 quote from that article:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2740.shtml

We know who the final two are because we’re all very close. But nobody knows who won -- we have our ideas -- but the show has proved to expect the unexpected.

I haven't been called a "snot" since...oh...yesterday!

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-13-02, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Complete Misdirection!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-02 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

Ok, think a little. Would she say...
For 36 days I never... or
For almost 39 days... ???

Then that would be giving us exactly when she goes.
Even Jiffy uses the term 39 days for all the Survivors. I think he has said things like "For the next 39 days...you 16 survivors will have no food or water from us...blah blah blah."

The usage of 39 days is just to get the point across that Survivor lasts 39 days, and during those days, there is no society.

I don't think Kathy will make it to F2 unless she wins the last IC.

(Methinks she goes first next time, setting up an exciting F4)

05-13-02, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Complete Misdirection!"
>Ok, think a little. Would she say...
>For 36 days I never...
>or
>For almost 39 days...
>???

I get your point clemsonbeav, but I don't think you can just look at "39 days" in what she says. She follows it up with "I never saw myself in a mirror." Why wouldn't she say, "For the entire time I was on the Island . . ." or "During Survivor . . ." instead of "For 39 days . . ."

For her to say, "For 39 days I never saw myself in the mirror," just sounds too litteral. In addition, when you read her text about everything, (not only is it kind of boring, but) she doesn't use too much (albeit some) figurative speach. Although she might be considered Zen-Budah type spiritual, she talks more like a frank, corporate/business woman then Confucious.

I guess it doesn't matter too much since (I think) many of us don't believe Kathy will be gone this week anyway. However, it's nice to narrow it down with this potential spoiler information.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Would she really be this careless?"
I have to agree with clemsonbeav - with a huge lawsuit on the line, I just don't think Kathy would be this careless. I think "39 days" is just the duration of the game. If she said 36 days, that would be a give-away. This is not really a give-away, since they're all there for the duration, whether in loser lodge or in the game.

And it does sound like some wishy washy "I learned about myself" crap, rather than a literal reference to a mirror.

I'm sticking with my theory. Kathy goes this week.

05-14-02, 12:31 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Would she really be this careless?"
Well--you can read the quote from the website however you want--but if you think Kathy goes this week, then you are ignoring the virtually irrefutable proof from vidcaps that Kathy wins immunity this week and the "source" spoiler shakes reported from snn that Kathy makes it to the final four.

But, you are entitled to be contrarian if you want. I really have no idea who goes this week, but I would bet the farm that it is NOT Kathy.

05-14-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Would she really be this careless?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

>I'm sticking with my theory.
>Kathy goes this week.

Cathy, are you just stubborn or something. Have you not read all the credible spoiler info on this board that is screaming KATHY WINS IC !!!!!!? And the Snewser info?

Kathy is not going anywhere this week

tree 24 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tree Click to send private message to tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Complete Misdirection!"
>I get your point clemsonbeav, but
>I don't think you can
>just look at "39 days"
>in what she says.
>She follows it up with
>"I never saw myself in
>a mirror." Why wouldn't
>she say, "For the entire
>time I was on the
>Island . . ." or
>"During Survivor . . ."
>instead of "For 39 days
>. . ."

I just checked the web site & the wording has been changed to "while I was on the Island". Seems like that could be meaningful!

tree

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Bump"
I just wanted to confirm what tree said and give this thresd a bump!

I saw for myself yesterday, as many of us did, the "39 days" statement. It has now been changed to "On the island ...". I don't need any convincing that Kathy is the winner, let alone final 2, but this is interesting!

bebe

05-14-02, 06:00 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Bump"
Very Interesting!

annmurphyvt 29 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annmurphyvt Click to send private message to annmurphyvt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Not Changed!!"
It is 6:45 p.m est and I just reloaded, rechecked and it is NOT changed. When did you see it changed?

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-14-02, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Not Changed!!"
It has been changed.

Cosmogirl 16 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cosmogirl Click to send private message to Cosmogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Not Changed!!"
I just checked the website and it is indeed changed. I think this is HUGE. Whoever is in charge of that site must be lurking on the boards. That change couldn't have just been a coincidence.

annmurphyvt 29 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annmurphyvt Click to send private message to annmurphyvt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "This is What I did,,,,Still Saw "39 days""
I just exited. Got back in....Typed in www.kathyobrien.com....clicked on surving.....clicked on the second picture.....still said....Never saw myself in the mirror for 39 days.....How come I can still get the message?

05-15-02, 01:29 AM (EST)
37. "CHANGED from "39 Days" to "On The Island""
>I just exited. Got back
>in....Typed in www.kathyobrien.com....clicked on surving.....clicked
>on the second picture.....still said....Never
>saw myself in the mirror
>for 39 days.....How come I
>can still get the message?
>

It DEFINITELY has been changed from "For 39 days I never saw myself in a mirror" to "On the island, I never saw myself in a mirror."

Either this is devious misdirection on purpose, or an obvious mistake by Kathy's web site that was rushed to be corrected. I lean towards the latter, and now consider this one of the best spoilers I've seen all year!

QUESTION TO YOU EXPERTS: According to the S4 calendar, this gaffe would suggest she makes it to the last TC. Does that mean a definite F3?

05-15-02, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: CHANGED from "39 Days" to "On The Island""
The final 3 TC takes place on day 38. The third place winner leaves the island on night 38. Only the final 2 stay on the island until the 39th night. So this would suggest a final 2 for Kathy.

bebe

05-15-02, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: CHANGED from "39 Days" to "On The Island""
I took another screen shot around 10:30 last night (5/15) and it was changed before then. Sorry I didn't post it earlier, because it IS a major pain to wait for the whole thing to play, and this is in the last section:

This is the only thing changed on the site, and yes--it is more than a little suspicious.

And just to add to the mystery here, my son does web design, and this is no click & build thing someone threw together; with the Flash animations and stuff, he'd earn at least $5K for such a site--and changing even a little part of the Flash movie would add a lot more. Kathy has invested quite a bit in her little ego trip.

GT

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-15-02, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Complete Misdirection!"
This is all like the Gervase thing from S1. Remember the picture with no X? Then it was fixed. Gervase didn't win.

I just think IMHO that Kathy is smarter than that.

05-15-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
41. "Excuse me. . ."
>I just think IMHO that Kathy is smarter than that.
I'm sorry, but this is a woman who wasn't smart enough to wear a bra on network teevee. . . I'll give her credit for being adaptable and playing this game, but let's not go overboard. In the end, she's as big a whore as any Survivor contestant--and sometimes when they get caught up in their own hype, they make mistakes. The fact that the site was changed hours after it cropped up on the Spoilers' sites has to indicate someone had a major sh¡t fit.

GT

05-15-02, 01:46 PM (EST)
43. "Gervase X compared to this spoiler"
Just to compare the 2 spoilers: Gervase X was a code mistake on the CBS website. This was TEXT on a personal website.

MB saw the hype that Gervase X created and let it go, even going so far as to doctor a final 4 pic (Gervase, Colleen, DR Sean, and Rudy). For those of you around since S1, remember how we fell for this? We were sure Kelly, Rich or Sue HAD to go. I remember SurvivorSucks headline the next morning (Holy S**t!) Good times, good times.

bebe

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 10:05 AM (EST)

Great find SweetPea!

After reviewing her website I can't help but feel it was set-up by someone who knows she is either the winner or the second-runner up. I think that she meant the "39" days comment literally.

When she discusses that she saw herself through other people's eyes this could also mean that she had to endure the jury's questions and maybe some people asked her things that showed her how others saw her.

I also hunted around on the internet and Kathy is the only survivor with an official website (one not sponsored by cbs). It looks like we finally have another Survivor winner who played the game well, survived when it looked like she was surely out, and won't be looked back on like she "lucked" into it.

05-14-02, 10:39 AM (EST)
17. "Websites"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 11:03 AM (EST)

>Kathy is the only survivor with an official website
I don't believe this is true. John Carroll was rumored to have gone far because he was the first one to have a site registered (before they were even done filming?)--he had a friend take care of it for him. Robert De Canio launched his own site the week before his boot, which led some to believe he was next to go.

Sorry I don't have the links at hand, but I agree--Kathy's seems to have the most invested in it.

GT

Edited to add John's official site, which lists its launch date as 4/17/02 (not sure when the rumors started circulating about when it was registered.)

Crap. Edited again to add Robert's site, which was registered to TUCOWS (a favorite Mac resource of mine) but comes up as "Under Construction" as of yet.

If you search for various combinations of Survivors' names and the word "Survivor," you may come up with more--though it's not always easy to tell which are sanctioned by the player; typically, as soon as someone hits the media, some jackass will register their name in various ways, hoping to sell it back to them--plus there are many pathetic fan sites to weed through.

05-14-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Websites"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02
>AT 11:03 AM (EST)

>
>>Kathy is the only survivor with an official website
>I don't believe this is true.
>John Carroll was rumored to
>have gone far because he
>was the first one to
>have a site registered (before
>they were even done filming?)--he
>had a friend take care
>of it for him. Robert
>De Canio launched his own
>site the week before his
>boot, which led some to
>believe he was next to
>go.
>

Sorry I should have been more clear - I meant to say that of the final five, Kathy was the only one with an official site. Sorry about the confusion!

Thanks!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-14-02, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
Great Catch on this issue guys.

I think this bodes well for Kathy, If not to win, then to make to the F3 or F2.

She seems to have benefitted the most from Survivor. In my opinion that makes her the true Survivor already. She is at peace with herself and her game (she should be, she played a great game.)

Also, she has raised much money for other causes in the past. That cross USA bike ride, etc. So her setting up a foundation for women could be done entirely without prize money. She is obvously a salesperson at heart (real estate) and can pull this off with her newfound celebrity and skills to finish what she starts.

I think the quality of the website (her son and his computer friends could help her with this, or a friend) is just that. It is not difficult to design a site and not that expensive (unless you are paying consultants and designers) if you do it yourself.

Anyway, enough rambling on about how much I love Kathy (I know this isn't fanatics), but I think this shows she makes it past this week and who knows how much farther.

Later,

"I Don't Think Anything I've Ever Done Is Wrong" - Homer Simpson

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
I just don't understand why Kathy would state such an obvious spoiler?? I mean everyone who is a fan of this show knows that it's 39 days long.....How could she just casually state that she made it to the final 2 or 3 without MB being REALLY upset about it. Could she be that careless with her wording if indeed she does stay in the game all 39 days??Doesn't anybody else think this is almost too blatant? It seems strange to me.

05-14-02, 03:05 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-02 AT 09:39 AM (EST)

I thought about that too and the only thing that I could come up with is that maybe he figured that Kathy making it to the final 2 or 3 is not the big story but rather who DOESN'T make it is.

They have been playing it to the hilt that Kathy has a choice to make about who she aligns with, and I was beginning to suspect that it meant that Kathy was the next to go. That is until today when we have seen a few spoilers pointing to the fact that she does indeed at least make it to the final four.

In a previous post I mentioned that on the CBS site Paschal was leading the polls in both who is the most popular survivor and who is most likely to be the sole survivor - so maybe MB is not concerned about the rather small spoiling audience discovering the Kathy is most likely the winner.

(***Edited to add - WOW I just read about the website being changed! I think that this is NOT a misdirection but rather an obvious slip-up by Kathy that has now been corrected!)

05-15-02, 10:49 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
I find this situation fascinating. I know different people have their own take--but the original posting by Kathy really seemed genuine to me (yeah--maybe I'm a sap). This does not seem like another Gervase X (which had to do with codes--not actual site text).

The fact that they "corrected" the site raises all sorts of questions. Word was out to the spoiler community about the original wording (we even have a screen shot to prove it), so correcting it would not keep the information from us. Was it just for the casual person that might run accross Kathy's website and figure out 39 days means she makes it to final 2? It seems to me if she makes it to final 2, they would have been better off leaving it as is and keeping us guessing if it was meant literally or figuratively.

I am really struggling to decide if this course of events means she definitely makes it to final 2 or they are messing with us and she does not make it to final 2. Based on the source and the tone of the statements, I tend to favor the former. I think this is a genuine spoiler from Kathy's big mouth that she makes it to final 2 (but maybe my PTTE is clouding my judgment).

Fashionista007 34 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fashionista007 Click to send private message to Fashionista007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
But here's my question...How many other ways could she word it? What was she supposed to say?...For 36 days I didn't see myself in the mirror. I don't disagree that Kathy gets far but I wouldn't base it on this. Good eye though I must say.

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Possible Kathy Spoiler"
One thing i would like to add is that this could have also been MB's doing and he is working with Kathy on this. He has done this in the past. This way we are all gonna be like "nah she can't get into the final 2 because it was THAT obvious!" Well guys it has been obvious before too. Remember that interview with Kim P. Where she was asked if she could change something about the game, what would it be? She said she would have voted Ethan out sooner. Obviously, MB told her to say that (he gets the questions early so the survivors aren't put 'on the spot' im guessing) and planted that to make it seem like Ethan had no chance at winning because it was that obvious. So i wouldn't count MB out of giving obvious answers...dont forget the obvious IN photos, too!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •