The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The General's EW Interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-10-02, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The General's EW Interview"
Entertainment Weekly has their interview with the General.
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,236981~3~0~tough-talkingrobismellow,00.html

One thing that jumped out at me was this:

What happened with Kathy then?
There was some discussion but it never really became anything. She wanted to be true to her word that she gave to Neleh. I have only admiration for her for keeping her word. What you saw us talk about was the extent of the conversation. It never went much farther than that. It was a thought but obviously not a permanent one.

If Kathy still feels that she has to stay true to her alliance with Neleh then maybe she won't jump sides over to Sean and Vee. Also, Rob just mentions her word to Neleh....what about Pappy? Is he part of this as we thought or just Neleh.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The General's EW Interview Naked 05-11-02 1
 RE: The General's EW Interview Teddy_Bear 05-11-02 2
   RE: The General's EW Interview cutie 05-11-02 8
   she's softenning the blow Cathy the Canadian 05-14-02 15
 What was her "word?" Spidey 05-11-02 3
   RE: What was her "word?" munson 05-11-02 4
 Robert's Final CBS Web Chat munson 05-11-02 5
   RE: Robert's Final CBS Web Chat Napalm in the Morning 05-11-02 7
       RE: Robert's Final CBS Web Chat MeToo 05-11-02 9
       RE: Robert's Final CBS Web Chat Teddy_Bear 05-11-02 10
           RE: Robert's Final CBS Web Chat cutie 05-11-02 11
       Just throwing it out in the hope th... PsychoDoc 05-12-02 13
 INTERESTING, BUT...... MikeD 05-11-02 6
 RE: The General's EW Interview MattyMax 05-11-02 12
   Neleh sorgee 05-14-02 14
   RE: The General's EW Interview In The Woods 05-14-02 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-02, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The General's EW Interview"
Where are the easy interview stories this season? There has been no Diane's friends list, nor Kelly's jury... oh well, we'll take what we can get...

Was the backlash on Marquesas toward Neleh as strong as it seemed?

We see things for the first time on air like everybody else. No, I wouldn't say we were sick of her but it was pretty evident at that point that Neleh was playing the game hard. She was the one pulling the strings, not Paschal. I don't think he picked up on her being their leader, so to speak.

Could be a possible foreshadowing of Nelleh betraying Paschal in the game? Mabey for Final 2?

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-11-02, 05:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The General's EW Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-02 AT 05:33 AM (EST)

Sweetpea, this is huge! Robert saying that Kathy didn't want to break her word to NELEH--not Paschal, but Neleh. It sounds to me that EPMB has been misleading us all along, as far as Neleh's loyalty to Paschal.

If there is any real credence to Robert's interview, than the real alliance is between Kathy and Neleh; Paschal only thinks he's allied with Neleh. Jiffy's questioning of Pappy was intended to show his total (unwarranted) trust and devotion to Neleh, and to hide from the viewers, the real alliance with Kathy and Neleh.

This reminds me a lot of s2--with Colby and Tina; that's why people had--and still do have total disbelief about it. We were never really shown their obviously tight bond, and it is starting to look as if he (MB) is doing the exact same thing with K/N.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sean: I can already hear her big mouth.

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

cutie 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-02, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cutie Click to send private message to cutie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The General's EW Interview"
simply becoz they are discussing about voting neleh off, so he said kathy remains loyal to neleh

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-02, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "she's softenning the blow"
I wouldn't read too much into this comment. It was probably just easier for Kathy to say, "umm, I don't want to break my word to Neleh", than, "umm, Rob, I'm totally voting for you tonight, so there's no point in us talking about voting off Neleh".

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-02, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "What was her "word?""
Since Robert is portraying Neleh as the "leader," it is possible that Kathy's comment aout not wanting to break her word to her is about the pact the 5 made to get to F5, then every man for himself. Isn't that what the agreement was? They wanted it to be a "no alliance" alliance.

If that is the case, Kathy has no reason to fear voting N/P now. Sure they could be pissed, but Kathy will not have broken her word to anyone.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What was her "word?""
Spidey,

I agree. I think Robert confirms this in his Final CBS Web Chat:

trixie: Why didn't you pursue the alliance with Kathy?
Survivor Robert: I didn't pursue it because there really was very little talk. She discussed the game slightly with me and it never really developed anymore than that. She seemed to have wanted to keep her word to Paschal, Neleh, Sean and V and you can only admire the lady for doing that.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Robert's Final CBS Web Chat"
Here's the link to the full transcript:
http://www.survivorfever.net/final_chat_robert.html

No obvious spoilers but some interesting comments open to interpretation.

Hi Robert - were you as bothered by Neleh's "princess" attitude as some of the others?
I never saw that princess attitude like the others did. At times I saw Neleh not working as hard as others but that never bothered me.

Do you think Neleh is playing Paschal for protection?
I think Neleh's emotions toward Paschal are very genuine but I also think that she rode his coattails for a long time but now pulls the strings herself.

It's obvious Sean has some problems with the "Princess" but IMO, this attempt to paint Neleh as the primary target is misdirection away from the real target - Sean himself. And it looks like it's working if the SB poll on the homepage is any indication. If Neleh makes F2, the perception will be that she earned it, and is not another KimJ.

General, what do you think of the remaining survivors? What personality traits do you think they have that have aided them in getting this far?
Well, Kathy has been aided because she has such a dynamic and lively personality that she's very inspiring to people around her. Paschal just has that presence that most people just gravitate towards and he's just one smooth individual - he's a cool dude. Neleh probably her biggest attribute is her sweetness and she uses it well. Sean I would say the biggest attribute that's brought him this far is his sense of humor and him being the underdog. Everybody likes to root for the underdog. The attribute that's gotten V to where she is is probably flip-flopping from alliance to alliance and going where her bread is buttered.

What I see are raves for Kathy and Paschal, generally favorable comments about Neleh and Sean, but basically a slam at V. Consider this later question:

I agree with you Robert, Vee seems to be blowing with the wind. Do you think other's there see that?
To me it seemed pretty obvious what V was doing; to not see it is just being naive.

Since the jury has typically given great weight to things like integrity and loyalty, it looks like Vee would have a very difficult time winning the jury vote for the million.

And while we're on the topic of integrity...

Do you think being a judge has helped Pappy play the game?
I don't know if being a judge has helped him play the game but sure as heck being a lawyer has helped him play the game. It's very funny how everybody remebers all the good things Pappy does, no one remembers he was the first to break his word. He said to John at this point in his life his word was all he had and that was the first thing he broke. I believe it was a quote in an article that I read that a previous Survivor had written and they coined the phrase "Pullin' a Pappy".

Interesting. If all of the Rotu4 feel this way, Paschal might have a difficult time in front of the jury.

And one final question, the answer to which we all need to keep in mind as we try to make inferences about the game and the relationships from the editting.

General, when Pappy gave his word to John it was the truth at the time. As the day went on Neleh talked with Pappy and in order to survive they needed to take a different road. Why is it that no one can see that?
Were you actually there? Do you actually know what happened?

The General has spoken.

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-02, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Robert's Final CBS Web Chat"
Do you think being a judge has helped Pappy play the game?
I don't know if being a judge has helped him play the game but sure as heck being a lawyer has helped him play the game.

It's very funny how everybody remebers all the good things Pappy does, no one remembers he was the first to break his word. He said to John at this point in his life his word was all he had and that was the first thing he broke.

I believe it was a quote in an article that I read that a previous Survivor had written and they coined the phrase "Pullin' a Pappy".

I like that, "Pullin' a Pappy!"

However, I believe EVERYONE has misinterpreted what Pappy did. (I'm going out on a limb here because I can't remember the exact discussion between him and John, but) I don't believe Paschal ever promised John he would not go against him. From what I recall, he implied at the momment of their discussion he would only go after Sean first, but never said he would form an alliance with John and/or NOT vote John.

Pappy only changed his mind after the coconut chopping challenge when the Rotu4 alliance was obvious to all of them. Therefore, the "promise" he once gave to John was based on totally different circumstances. Pappy was forced to "play the game for the first time" (as he said at TC that evening) because the Rotu4 displayed their arrogant alliance.

Paschal's orignal promise was based on a "fair" game. Since the Rotu4 showed it wasn't going to be fair, Pappy had the right to change his mind.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-02, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Robert's Final CBS Web Chat"
You may be right, Napalm, but that doesn't matter. It's the interpretation of the members of the jury that matters. The General has just removed the last bit of doubt about whether or not they will hold that against him.

MeToo

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-11-02, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Robert's Final CBS Web Chat"
I'll have to disagree with you here, Napalm and go with Munson. Paschal did in fact break his word to John. I remember in Ep.8, Paschal gave his word to John--using the exact same words quoted by Munson.

I don't blame Paschal for what he did; the ex-Rotu-4, were all, as Kathy put it so eloquently, playing them as pawns. The full extent of the agreement was never divulged to Pappy, so he was under no obligation to stick to it.

I am not, of course, on the jury, and my alliance wasn't pagonged by someone breaking their promise to me--even if it was with good reason. The fact that Paschal is a judge makes this even worse, than it otherwise would be. If you make the kind of oath that Pappy made to John, and break it; it will be remembered and have obvious ramifications.

Based on the General's candid words, It sounds to me that he, and probally the ex-Rotu-4, see Kathy and Sean as the most deserving of being in the final 2.

Both have had brilliant strategies. I believe that a Kathy win is a sure bet if she makes it to the finals. If Kathy is eliminated before the final TC, and Sean is in the final 2, than that would make him the "sleeper" genius of this season, with the most bizarre winning strategy since Will from BB2, IMHO.

BTW, The phrase "pullin' a Pappy" was coined by s2 ET Online's columnist, Jeff Varner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick: I consider myself to be the pretty boy type.

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

cutie 58 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-02, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cutie Click to send private message to cutie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Robert's Final CBS Web Chat"
from one of the interview of john, if i remembered correctly, he mentioned that pascal and neleh came to him and told him that 5th and 6th are not enough for them, but john doesnt want to betray the rotu 4, so he didnt promise to give a better shot to them. i think that's the reason john got the boot. tammy also mentioned that their demise is due to john's unwillingness to tell some white lies.

anyway, what i wonder most is why general didnt vote for pappy over sean? if he has such animosity over him? it was asked in the webchat why he didnt vote for neleh over sean, but he didnt answer that question directly, he just said he vote for sean becoz he cant vote for vee.

PsychoDoc 95 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-02, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoDoc Click to send private message to PsychoDoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Just throwing it out in the hope that someone would help sort my thoughts."
>It's very funny how everybody remebers
>all the good things Pappy
>does, no one remembers he
>was the first to break
>his word. He said
>to John at this point
>in his life his word
>was all he had and
>that was the first thing
>he broke.
>
>I believe it was a quote
>in an article that I
>read that a previous Survivor
>had written and they coined
>the phrase "Pullin' a Pappy".

This bit of Shrinking Rob's interview bugs me.
I often forget that the contestants do not have the benefit of getting MB's edit on the take of things, and the less perceptive only realise things after a reporter points something out(sorry, couldn't resist the poke at our Gabe-killer.) or watch the show, like Tammy saying that she did not think of taking it to Sean and would have if she knew.

The first para sounds like it was said in hindsight, meaning if Pappy made it to F2
<1>a couple of Rotu-4, and maybe even Rob appeared to have voted for him to get the million. I know that no one knows who others vote for, but with the Q&A, one could usually gauge who's likely got the vote.
OR
<2>No one made him account for the percieved betrayal

The second para (seems to me) sort of supports this in that Rob read or saw and realised that, "Hey, Pappy f@Ked the 4 of us!", and the "day of reckoning" was directed at the person he voted for, Sean.

Any thoughts?

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-11-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "INTERESTING, BUT......"
there is no way neleh is going to win this game, and i'll tell you why: MB and CBS has done an excellent job of showing us that Neleh has been annoying people and that she is smarter than she looks. A good portion of this week's episode as well as half of last week's episode has centered around her and I believe has been giving us reasons why either she gets the boot soon or why doesnt win in the final two.

If Robert mentions here that he wasnt able to tell on the island that she was annoying people and whatnot this could only mean that MB and the editors are showing us these things for a reason.

So, in a sense, his interview is very telling. I am now changing my guess to predict that we have a Kathy/Neleh final two - with Kathy winning the game.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-02, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The General's EW Interview"
What we see here is how MB has been hiding Neleh as a Strategizer. She was the one who was pulling all the strings. I'm pretty sure she orchestrated the game back at the Revolution. We also see how the Rotu4 don't think of Neleh as 'the princess', and may vote for her. We know that John likes her, and now Robert likes her.

She seems to be the center of the 'no-alliance alliance'. I think that she'll make final 2, because my bet is on K going with N/P, and P or K will both take N if they win the final IC.

Neleh is the Richard Hatch of S4!?

MM

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Neleh"
neleh is fearful and i bet she knows the others have talked about her in respects to voting her off.

remember how fearful/scared she looked when vee won immunity.

she knows she is being watched. her utr starategy has thrust her right into the limelight.

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The General's EW Interview"
Great Points MM. John does like her, and i think by Robert saying things like I didn't notice the annoying stuff, and we didn't see everthing that happened with Pappy are strong evidence he doens't like Pappy. John also said (or cryed) that he isn't done yet. Yeah, sounds like a sore loser, but could he be possibly be referring to Pappy being in the final 2 where he would have a target to fire at. Just a thought.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •