LAST EDITED ON 05-21-09 AT 11:08 AM (EST)
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-09 AT 11:06 AM (EST)
Hello all! Its been another fun year. Lets take some time to look back and look forward.
I'm typing these off the top of my head, so there will be no order to this, just how i like it.
* Congratulations to Kris Allen! I called you as a dark horse early on with Allison and you proved me right. It is great to see someone survive several trips to the bottom three, grow from it, and emerge as the underdog and win. A very non-traditional winner's path.
* This seasons Top 10 was THE.BEST.EVER. Even though Lil disappointed in terms of how she performed, she still had the pipes.
* Allison. Wow, what can I say. Rarely is my favorite a female, and I've never backed a teen before, but you were my favorite by far this season. Go figure. I think your age did you in. More experience behind that awesome voice could have brought you to the final, but i look forward to more from you.
* I like Kara. I think she offered some sane advice with Simon, and balanced the incoherant ramblings of Paula and Randy.
* I don't like the 4-judge panel cutting back on performance time. I missed the couple weeks where they didn't have the usual two or three songs by each contestant.
* I'm still upset that this year they didn't show all of the top 13 auditions, or all of them in Hollywood. When will they learn. Kris' audition was NEVER SEEN.
* They were very well balanced on backstories this season. Good job.
* Adam. Adam is a conundrum to me. With the right song, he can be just amazing. When he overdoes it with his vocal gymnastics, it just goes over the cliff for me. He knows he is good, but unlike Lil, I see absolutely no ego. The way he handled himself after good critiques, bad critiques, and after the results of the finale - perfect! I see Adam as a genuine, heartfelt person and for this i love him. Yes he could have won, but i do not get the impression that he felt he SHOULD have won. Bravo.
* Two seasons of "The Underdog vs. The Chosen One" and two seasons where the Underdog won. Thanks to America for two seasons of great TV.
* Led Zeppilin was sung on American Idol.
* Please, please, please STOP the Golden Idol awards, or whatever they are called.
* The audition shows were cut back this season, which was GOOD but they can be cut back even more. A lot more. Less auditions, more Hollywood, and maybe even a Top 20 competing. I'd be happy with NO auditions, show me the top 24, and start singing.
* Please have less "theme" weeks, and more "contestant's choice" weeks.
* "The Judge's Save" - I'm still on the fence. I think it COULD be useful if used earlier than it was this year. I think this year it was used just to use it, and at the point it was used it didn't change anything. I'd give it another chance.
I'll stop there,please share your thoughts - the good, the bad, your wishes, etc.
"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell