The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and ..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-21-09, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and ..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-09 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-21-09 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

Hello all! Its been another fun year. Lets take some time to look back and look forward.

I'm typing these off the top of my head, so there will be no order to this, just how i like it.

* Congratulations to Kris Allen! I called you as a dark horse early on with Allison and you proved me right. It is great to see someone survive several trips to the bottom three, grow from it, and emerge as the underdog and win. A very non-traditional winner's path.
* This seasons Top 10 was THE.BEST.EVER. Even though Lil disappointed in terms of how she performed, she still had the pipes.
* Allison. Wow, what can I say. Rarely is my favorite a female, and I've never backed a teen before, but you were my favorite by far this season. Go figure. I think your age did you in. More experience behind that awesome voice could have brought you to the final, but i look forward to more from you.
* I like Kara. I think she offered some sane advice with Simon, and balanced the incoherant ramblings of Paula and Randy.
* I don't like the 4-judge panel cutting back on performance time. I missed the couple weeks where they didn't have the usual two or three songs by each contestant.
* I'm still upset that this year they didn't show all of the top 13 auditions, or all of them in Hollywood. When will they learn. Kris' audition was NEVER SEEN.
* They were very well balanced on backstories this season. Good job.
* Adam. Adam is a conundrum to me. With the right song, he can be just amazing. When he overdoes it with his vocal gymnastics, it just goes over the cliff for me. He knows he is good, but unlike Lil, I see absolutely no ego. The way he handled himself after good critiques, bad critiques, and after the results of the finale - perfect! I see Adam as a genuine, heartfelt person and for this i love him. Yes he could have won, but i do not get the impression that he felt he SHOULD have won. Bravo.
* Two seasons of "The Underdog vs. The Chosen One" and two seasons where the Underdog won. Thanks to America for two seasons of great TV.
* Led Zeppilin was sung on American Idol.
* Please, please, please STOP the Golden Idol awards, or whatever they are called.
* The audition shows were cut back this season, which was GOOD but they can be cut back even more. A lot more. Less auditions, more Hollywood, and maybe even a Top 20 competing. I'd be happy with NO auditions, show me the top 24, and start singing.
* Please have less "theme" weeks, and more "contestant's choice" weeks.
* "The Judge's Save" - I'm still on the fence. I think it COULD be useful if used earlier than it was this year. I think this year it was used just to use it, and at the point it was used it didn't change anything. I'd give it another chance.

I'll stop there,please share your thoughts - the good, the bad, your wishes, etc.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and ...   geekboy     05-21-09       
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   grit     05-21-09     1  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   jbug     05-21-09     4  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   Snidget     05-21-09     2  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   zazzy     05-21-09     3  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   geekboy     05-21-09     7  
         RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   seahorse     05-21-09     8  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   Maroonclown     05-21-09     5  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   dragonflies     05-21-09     6  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   taffnic     05-21-09     9  
         RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   JessicaRN     05-21-09     10  
             RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   zazzy     05-22-09     22  
     Yes to   moonbaby     05-21-09     13  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   zazzy     05-22-09     16  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   Ahtumbreez     05-22-09     17  
         RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   zazzy     05-22-09     20  
         RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   Snidget     05-23-09     24  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   Colonel Zoidberg     05-21-09     11  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   samboohoo     05-21-09     12  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   HistoryDetective     05-21-09     15  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   Ahtumbreez     05-22-09     18  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   sylvester     05-21-09     14  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   emydi     05-22-09     19  
         RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   sylvester     05-22-09     23  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   zazzy     05-22-09     21  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   Glow     05-26-09     27  
         RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   zazzy     05-27-09     30  
             RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   zazzy     05-28-09     31  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   Corvis     05-23-09     25  
     RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   zazzy     05-24-09     26  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   susang     05-26-09     28  
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ...   Ahtumbreez     05-27-09     29  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •