The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-21-09, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-09 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-21-09 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

Hello all! Its been another fun year. Lets take some time to look back and look forward.

I'm typing these off the top of my head, so there will be no order to this, just how i like it.

* Congratulations to Kris Allen! I called you as a dark horse early on with Allison and you proved me right. It is great to see someone survive several trips to the bottom three, grow from it, and emerge as the underdog and win. A very non-traditional winner's path.
* This seasons Top 10 was THE.BEST.EVER. Even though Lil disappointed in terms of how she performed, she still had the pipes.
* Allison. Wow, what can I say. Rarely is my favorite a female, and I've never backed a teen before, but you were my favorite by far this season. Go figure. I think your age did you in. More experience behind that awesome voice could have brought you to the final, but i look forward to more from you.
* I like Kara. I think she offered some sane advice with Simon, and balanced the incoherant ramblings of Paula and Randy.
* I don't like the 4-judge panel cutting back on performance time. I missed the couple weeks where they didn't have the usual two or three songs by each contestant.
* I'm still upset that this year they didn't show all of the top 13 auditions, or all of them in Hollywood. When will they learn. Kris' audition was NEVER SEEN.
* They were very well balanced on backstories this season. Good job.
* Adam. Adam is a conundrum to me. With the right song, he can be just amazing. When he overdoes it with his vocal gymnastics, it just goes over the cliff for me. He knows he is good, but unlike Lil, I see absolutely no ego. The way he handled himself after good critiques, bad critiques, and after the results of the finale - perfect! I see Adam as a genuine, heartfelt person and for this i love him. Yes he could have won, but i do not get the impression that he felt he SHOULD have won. Bravo.
* Two seasons of "The Underdog vs. The Chosen One" and two seasons where the Underdog won. Thanks to America for two seasons of great TV.
* Led Zeppilin was sung on American Idol.
* Please, please, please STOP the Golden Idol awards, or whatever they are called.
* The audition shows were cut back this season, which was GOOD but they can be cut back even more. A lot more. Less auditions, more Hollywood, and maybe even a Top 20 competing. I'd be happy with NO auditions, show me the top 24, and start singing.
* Please have less "theme" weeks, and more "contestant's choice" weeks.
* "The Judge's Save" - I'm still on the fence. I think it COULD be useful if used earlier than it was this year. I think this year it was used just to use it, and at the point it was used it didn't change anything. I'd give it another chance.

I'll stop there,please share your thoughts - the good, the bad, your wishes, etc.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... grit 05-21-09 1
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... jbug 05-21-09 4
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... Snidget 05-21-09 2
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... zazzy 05-21-09 3
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... geekboy 05-21-09 7
       RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... seahorse 05-21-09 8
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... Maroonclown 05-21-09 5
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... dragonflies 05-21-09 6
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... taffnic 05-21-09 9
       RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... JessicaRN 05-21-09 10
           RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... zazzy 05-22-09 22
   Yes to moonbaby 05-21-09 13
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... zazzy 05-22-09 16
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... Ahtumbreez 05-22-09 17
       RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... zazzy 05-22-09 20
       RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... Snidget 05-23-09 24
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... Colonel Zoidberg 05-21-09 11
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... samboohoo 05-21-09 12
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... HistoryDetective 05-21-09 15
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... Ahtumbreez 05-22-09 18
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... sylvester 05-21-09 14
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... emydi 05-22-09 19
       RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... sylvester 05-22-09 23
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... zazzy 05-22-09 21
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... Glow 05-26-09 27
       RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... zazzy 05-27-09 30
           RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... zazzy 05-28-09 31
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... Corvis 05-23-09 25
   RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... zazzy 05-24-09 26
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... susang 05-26-09 28
 RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 ... Ahtumbreez 05-27-09 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-21-09, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
I'm going to make the same complaint I make every year:

The technology exists to limit the number of votes coming from a particular phone number. AI needs to use it. I don't think the votes they get are an accurate representation of what America wants. There are people out there who vote the entire 2 hours, some of them using dialers to make it easier. I don't vote because it's futile with the current system. I can't compete with those people. It makes my 10 or so votes almost worthless.

They never will, though, because they love to say how many votes they received. It's a huge boost to their ratings. And this is why the voting will always be skewed.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-09, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
May I just say,

I agree!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-09, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
I like more time in Hollywood and a bit less on the auditions. I have too much fun with the auditions, but I do wish they'd make sure we had seen everyone we will vote on. At least in the Hollywood round even if we can't see all the auditions (I think they sometimes have song clearance issues).

It was nice to see someone a little different on the show this year with Adam. Mostly because I'm sick of the we must have the black whitney clone and white Timbefake guy every freaking year. I know those are major parts of pop music, but I'd rather miss a traditional category all together rather than they just shoe horn one in just to make sure they have one of those.

Really would like more contestants and less fodder. Even if the top 10 was one of the better top 10s there was still way too much fodder in the semi's.

As much as I like wildcards I think the judges had too much power this year with who got in and I really would like to see the judge's save go away.

Four judges doesn't work. The only way to make it work is turn off their mikes when they are supposed to be done talking. Running way over and not being able to do more than 6 songs in an hour has got to be fixed one way or the other.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-21-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
" It is great to see someone survive several trips to the bottom three, grow from it, and emerge as the underdog and win. A very non-traditional winner's path."

Huh? Kris was in the bottom 3 one time, the week Adam was bottom 2, top 5 week. So basically he was in the middle of 5. In past years the show did not show a bottom 3 when there were only 5 left, they would just show the bottom 2. It's interesting to me that they chose to make it a B3 this year, which makes me think even more that Adam really was in the bottom 2.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-21-09, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
I'm quite sure he was in the bottom three 2-3 times...or am I losing it?

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-09, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Actually, Kris was in the bottom 2 or 3 only once.

Top 13
Jasmine-Jorge bottom 2 both out

Top 11
Alexis out, Michael -Allison bottom 3

Top 10
Michael out, Scott Matt bottom 3

Top 9
Megan out, Allison-Anoop bottom 3

Top 8
Scott out, Lil-Anoop bottom 3

Top 7 1st week
Matt saved, Anoop-Lil bottom 3

Top 7 2nd week
Lil and Anoop out, Allison bottom 3

Top 5
Matt out, Kris Adam bottom 3

Top 4
Allison out

Top 3
Danny out

Top 2
Adam out

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-09, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
- Adam was so far above and beyond this "competition". However, the exposure that he got will carry him farther than Kris
- Kris' wife struck me as a beyotch.
- Hated the sing offs - unfair, and appeared to be more for the judges amusement than anything else.
- I didn't like the Save - it was unnecessary and not in the true spirit of the premise of the competition. Gave the judges too much leverage to possibly skew the outcome.
- Kara? Meh. Although the burn on bikini girl was priceless but putting up with Kara for the entire season for a few moments of glee is not worth it.
- Loved Slash and Tarantino. Awesome to see they got rid of the Burt Bacharat (sp?) oldies (aside from BArry, of course)
- The finale was comepletely over the top and would love to see that continue. It was unbelievable.
- And this is truly personal and really nothing to do with the show, per se, but I had a blast writing The Antique Shoppe, and I hope y'all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you for the kind comments.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-09, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Thanks for saving me having to type what you said MC. I agree 100%. And we enjoyed reading The Antique Shoppe.

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-09, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
I looked forward to The Antique Shoppe every week and hope it's back next season.

A tribe creation

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-21-09, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
It seemed like this season the judges were over the top about "playing" with each other. Simon and Paula pushing, grabbing and poking sometimes left the contestant just standing there waiting while the judges had their own private little thing going on.

It should never be necessary to cut off a contestant or speed through their performance because the judges and Ryan had to act up. And, the show should never have to run over.

05-22-09, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
I agree. Overtime I saw that this was a way to distract from a contestant, break any momentum they might have had. They rarely acted up like that when giving Adam his comments.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-09, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Yes to"
more Antique Shoppe!

*standing ovation*

05-22-09, 08:53 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
It wouldn't be the ECST without the Antique Shoppe! Hope you keep them up. Hope you get someone worthy of Antique Shoppe status in the casting next year. The way you worked Slash into the story was a delight.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-09, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Loved The Antique Shoppe. Made me giggle this year.

Question though: what gave you the impression that Kris' wife was a beyotch. I got a completely different vibe. I thought she looked more scared - deer caught in the headlights- more than anything but she seemed sweet to me.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

05-22-09, 10:19 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
She didn't see like a biotch to me either--a little homecoming queen, perhaps, but wasn't she one?

There's a clip of Kris's Tonight Show interview with Jay Leno from last night on mjsbigblog and Kris did a good job; he showed his entertaining and charming side. He talked about when he proposed to his wife and he also said his wife wanted to be downplayed/hidden because she wanted Kris to get votes.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-09, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Well there were a few reaction shots of her when Simon or one of the judges were throwing Kris under the bus and backing over them that showed her bitchy side.

I didn't really get much of a read off of her otherwise.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-21-09, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Reflections on last night:

--Last season's finale was David vs. David. This season? David vs. Goliath - and David won. Adam was definitely a contender for best singer the show has ever had - but by that token, the 2007 New England Patriots were contenders for best team ever. But frankly, the '07 Pats are about the best metaphor I acn think of for this season, since Kris, like the Giants, came from nowhere to win it all.

--The judges' save? Nice idea. Poor execution. I suggest a re-tooling - the judges each write down a name after they sing (the night before the vote-off episode) and, if the majority votes to save the person voted out, they end up saved, and two people go home the following week by combined vote of the two weeks, a la Season 6 Idol Gives Back. The save should be in play as late as F4 (Simon once said that he would have loved to use it on Tamyra Gray, an F4 casualty, and we all know they would have saved Daughtry) and should only be used once.

--I like the audition rounds, but I would favor cutting them back a week and making sure anyone who's Top 24/36/however-many is shown auditioning, alongside a good number of contenders.

--The Wild Card round this season just didn't work. Nor did the Top 13, even if it kept Anoop alive. Retool Wild Card week, if they want to keep the Top 36 format, so that the voters pick the top guy and top girl and the judges pick the third person.

--I couldn't help but think that the script for the finale picked my lobster brain a bit much...

--Also. Jamar Rogers, please try out again.

--And is it wrong of me to say I wish Jasmine stayed longer? I needed some eye candy.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-09, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
I can't watch it with Kara. Sorry Geekboy, she just annoys me to no end.

I also can't deal with the length of results shows, especially the finale. And for it to be scheduled to run longer than 2 hours is completely absurd.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-09, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
I also can't deal with the length of results shows, especially the finale. And for it to be scheduled to run longer than 2 hours is completely absurd.

Word. There's no reason that a results show should run over --- and especially not a planned run over. The length of the results show and all the filler may be the most manipulative aspect of the show. It doesn't communicate a lot of respect for the viewer.

"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all our citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization." --- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 9 January 1940

05-22-09, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
I would have agreed with you on the finale any year before this year. I didn't want this finale to end.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-21-09, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-09 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

Random thoughts on next season:

I don't mind Kara that much. It seems to have made Paula step up her game. Kara owned bikini girl last night, that redeemed her to me.

But (big BUT), if they continue with 4 judges, they're going to have to increase the time slot. If they can't fit six songs in a one hour show with 4 judges, then goshdarnit make the show an hour and a half, but quit selling the kids short.

I want less bad auditions. One week of it is more than enough. I want to see all the top 36 audition, and I want to hear a little bit about every one of them.

No more tragedies shared, ever, period. Let them succeed on their merits, not their friggin' back story. I love reality shows because I like to escape from my reality for a few hours every week, I don't want to have to deal with the kid's realities on top of mine.

Thoughts on this season:

Kris Allen is talented, adorable, and I hope he has a great career. I voted for the other guy, but I understand why peeps voted for Kris.

I think Adam Lambert is the shiznit. I sincerely hope he blasts off into super glorious other worldy realms of mega stardom. With glitter. And designer clothes.

(Don't get in my way when tickets for his first solo concert come out, it won't be pretty.)

The finale last night was amazing. Loved almost all of it. (Rod Stewart, it's time to retire dude)

Adam singing with KISS and with Queen? Slayed me dead. And omfg he sang 'Beth'. (that song should have been written for me, and yes my name is BETH) I was a puddle of goo. Glittery goo, but still goo.

So, rock on Adam baby, you made the season for me. Thank you!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-09, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
hey cat!! my middle name is Beth and I love that song...I was goo too

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-22-09, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Hey emy!

I refuse to admit how many times I've watched the clip of Beth on youtube the last 2 days, lol. God, I'm such a geek.

05-22-09, 10:28 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
This season turned out much better than I thought it would. At the beginning, I was dismayed by the agenda laden season but Kris's growth throughout the season made it more watchable. I enjoyed Adam but the over the top pimping was a huge turn off.

--I skipped over most of the auditions and consider the bad ones as a necessary ratings grabber for AI but not anything I want to watch. Thank goodness for DVRs. I only watched the ones that got golden tickets and extended time with the judges. Next year I'll have to pay more attention to the semifinals instead of focusing only on the pimped ones.

--The sing offs to decide who should be in the top 36 (or 48) are just bull. Of course the judges can decide. They just do it for drama. No one who has to do a sing off makes top 4. The show has already branded them as "not quite good enough".

--I would like to see them go back to top 24 guys and top 24 girls semifinal rounds and let America choose all of the top 12. Stop with the top 13 bs. That was to try to show some diversity and in doing that they passed over more talented singers. For example, Jasmine never sang anything that didn't have flat notes.

--I would love for there to be a level playing field with back stories shown for all of the top 48 but my expectations are low. AI has a formula for creating and developing storylines that have certain arcs and I don't see them straying too far from their formula.

--My dream is that they would put 12 really good singers in the competition--or load in 12 really good ones in the top 48. America has shown they can pick out the better singers, why not let them really try for once?

--Get rid of the save. There have been enough lessons by now, JHud, Daughtry, Michael Johns, etc. and, of course, Adam coming in second, that the votes are real enough on AI. So people should vote or be disappointed. The save is one more way for the show to manipulate the outcome and I don't like it one bit. Perhaps they put it in to insure that Adam would make the F4 but we know that was unnecessary.

--Kara was mostly tolerable. I think she felt she had to prove herself and perhaps in a second season she would relax a bit. She seemed to catch on the show's agendas in the later part of the season and be willing to play her part. I think her appearing on stage with a bikini in the finale = she is definitely coming back. The comraderie is there now with the rest of the judges.

--Themes--Michael Johns said in an interview that his season was the first to assign themes from the get go and there were no weeks when the contestants could show who they were (like in the semifinals) first. I agree. Be more wide open at first.

--Song choice--come on, AI, loosen the purse strings and spend some more money for song clearance. We need more fresh songs after 8 years.

--Totally agree that they should stop the Golden Idol awards. It's just stupid. If they want to remind people of the bad auditioners, then just run a segment of film showing how far the show came from the January audition rounds.

--Finale--loved, loved, loved the finale, the best overall finale we have seen. It was slanted to be Adam's finale, of course, with both KISS and Queen performing, but the groups were very entertaining.

--Coronation song. With all the talent in the industry, can't something be done about the coronation song? And can't there be more than one so that the finalists are able to showcase their strengths instead of having to perform something not in their wheelhouse? They should have 4 or 5 songs ready for them to choose from.

--Pimpage. Come on AI, do you have to pimp so hard? It's odd to me that Matt was pimped so much, yet mostly ignored in the finale. Did the agenda change, particularly when it was apparent that he was not a big itunes seller? And is AI reexamining their pimpage strategy for next year, now that their chosen one did not win? Check the pimp thread soon for posts soon on the more than 25 ways the show uses pimpage.

--Simon. For anyone who thinks that Simon actually wanted Adam to come in second...there are signs that show that theory as false. I read on mjsbigblog that Simon was on Ryan's radio show calling Kris "not the best singer" and "a little puppy dog". That is insulting to the winner and to America that chose him.

FWIW, radio DJ Billy Bush twittered "Source at the top says Votes were NOT close on idol. IE kris blew out adam lambert". Simon should be mad at himself for overpimping instead of maligning the winner. Shame on Simon.

--As for last season being David Cook, underdog, I never considered him an underdog. He had plenty of pimpage. The show scripted it to seem like David A would win, but imo he was overpimped, like Danny G was this year.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-09, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Thank you, zazzy. I'm feeling too lazy (read: uninterested) to do a list of my own. It's pretty safe to just "ditto" yours.

Simon... wow. I've said a million times, I hate this show. I like the fact that I find out about all these artists I'd have otherwise never hear of. But. This show is really just terrible. I absolutely 100% think that America got it right this year. Everybody who has been forced to listen to Kris' music (hey, you come to my house, you listen to what I want to hear) has liked it. Every single person. I didn't have 100 people over but it was a respectable number of people all agreeing that Kris is very good and very listenable. After learning about those assinine comments, I'm hoping Simon stomps off the show (like I've been assuming is what's going to happen for a few months now). A bunch of people thought Kris deserved to win. So he did. This turned out to be one of their best seasons (imo naturally).

ugh. I give up. I'm done with this show. *waves white flag* zazzy will let me know if there's somebody worth seeing/hearing. Right zazzy?

I mean, how do you top Adam Lambert and Kiss anyway?

"As for last season being David Cook, underdog, I never considered him an underdog. He had plenty of pimpage. The show scripted it to seem like David A would win, but imo he was overpimped, like Danny G was this year."

That really can't be said enough.

05-27-09, 12:32 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Ah, Glow, please don't go...we'll miss you next season if you don't post. But of course I'd tell you if there was someone worth listening to! Don't forget Michael Johns' album is out soon.

I was planting some flowers last night and Kris and Adam kept coming to mind and I wondered how, once again, this darn show got me thinking about and caring about its contestants so much, once again! I thought I would be able to stay detached through the whole season. Why would idols come to mind while I gardened, for Pete's sake?

I saw the clip of Kris on Regis and Kelly and after he sang Reg asked him about Simon, and Kris said he had not gotten to talk with Simon after he won. Boo on Simon.

Then someone here or at mjsbigblog posted about some article where Simon talks about having dark periods and wanting to hole up in his house for days. Maybe that explains some of his quirks. The guy, for all his success, is depressed or something. (And OT speaking of depressed, I saw a small clip of Jon and Kate and I think Jon looks depressed.)

Anyway, I miss the show and wish I could see more of their performances. I do still have some in my DVR from the early rounds that I missed--Grand Ole Opry and Michael Jackson nights. I think I had to watch clips on my laptop those weeks.

Have a great summer, all!

05-28-09, 01:26 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Glow, check out Kris on the Jimmy Kimmel show! I posted a link in the Kris win discussion thread.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-23-09, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
This was a really good season. Adam was one of my favorite contestants. It was great to see such talent every week. And he's such a genuine guy, too. No ego, comfortable with himself, and if you watch how the contestants interact you can tell they all like Adam.

Kris was excellent and it was great to see a musician win. It seems like mostly performers win the show, but we've had two musicians in a row with Cook and Kris. And I don't get the his wife is biotch comment at all. She never came off like that to me.

My biggest disappointment was Alexis getting booted so early. I still think she was one of the best and if the judges save had been used on her, she'd have had a chance to grow and so maybe go far.

I want to see them use the save when it actually matters, not just for the hell of it like this season.

I agree with everyone about the finale - it really was entertaining. If only Billy Joel hadn't canceled. He was supposed to duet with blind guy, who I never liked, but I could have ignored that half of the duet.

Kara was okay. I agree with whoever said she'll probably loosen up in her second season and be better. The bikini moment at the finale was easily one of the best moments ever on American Idol.

I didn't like the semi finals this year. We didn't have a chance to see the singers grow in that section of the competition as we have in past years. One shot to make it and that's it.

As others have said, when too many judges means less singing, everyone loses.

I hate Paula and Simon acting like children. That's ridiculous and not entertaining at all.

I definitely want to see more contestant choice weeks and less theme weeks.

Overall, great season.

05-24-09, 09:43 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Yes to having the judges stop behaving childishly. That might also allow the show to run on time, too!

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-26-09, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
I hope they keep the Wild Card and the Judge's Save

05-27-09, 00:22 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Random Thoughts on AI Season 8 and Next Season"
Re-watched the finale tonight. I don't think any season will be able to top this one. *sigh

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •