The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How will you vote tonight?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-09, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How will you vote tonight?"
How will you decide who to vote for tonight? Does tonight's performance even matter or have you already made up your mind?

Do you go for the obvious favorite or the underdog?

Do you go for the over-the-top "performer" or the understated "musician"?

The guy that will sell out concert halls or the guy that will sell millions of albums? And who is really the more marketable anyway?

What say ye?

"Why go halfway bad when you can go all-the-way crazy?" - RNO

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How will you vote tonight? Snidget 05-19-09 1
   RE: How will you vote tonight? niteowl0205 05-19-09 2
       RE: How will you vote tonight? Snidget 05-19-09 3
   Don't really know moonbaby 05-19-09 10
 RE: How will you vote tonight? grit 05-19-09 4
 RE: How will you vote tonight? seahorse 05-19-09 5
 RE: How will you vote tonight? kingfish 05-19-09 6
   RE: How will you vote tonight? bullzeye 05-19-09 11
 RE: How will you vote tonight? Belle Book 05-19-09 7
 RE: How will you vote tonight? DoodleBug 05-19-09 8
 RE: How will you vote tonight? SilverStar 05-19-09 9
   RE: How will you vote tonight? emydi 05-20-09 12
       RE: How will you vote tonight? SilverStar 05-20-09 13
           RE: How will you vote tonight? Tahj 05-20-09 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
This is a hard night for me. Adam was definitely an early favorite of mine, but Kris has been growing on me. Usually I know at this point for certain who I will vote for, but this year I actually could vote for either person based on past performance.

I will have to see the performances for the final decision, but mostly it is a situation where they could lose my vote rather than they need to get my vote. If for some reason either of them completely train-wrecks a performance that could count them out.

That all being said at this point in time I'm probably voting for Adam, mostly out of irritation with all the "we still have to make it the Gay vs the Christian, oh wait we didn't spend the last 10 weeks cramming Kris's religion down your throat, so lets do it really hard these last couple of days, Kris is a Christian and lets show you these pictures of Adam that should make you run screaming from the room again" media coverage.

I did like Kris and Adam's reaction to the whole Gay vs Christian set up saying all that stuff does not matter. It is nice to see two finalists that really seem to like each other, and who seem to have families that are supporting both people. It is great to see that sometimes really nice people do actually make it through the grinder of a reality TV show.

As for post idol predictions I do think Adam is more of a go to see in concert and Kris is more of a hear on the radio sort of thing, but a lot will depend on how things go. I'm usually surprised by how Idols fare in the post Idol music industry. A lot of people I figured I would really like their post idol music just didn't do anything for me. On the other hand occasionally someone surprises me with what they come out with. So much will depend on whether or not the management for them really is interested in promoting them or not.

niteowl0205 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-09, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
I have never wavered from my support of Adam as the AI. But I am concerned now that he has become a bit of a caricature (at least in other people's eyes, not mine).
I think he's an amazing performer, but it's possible that Kris now fits the 'Top 40 Radio/MP3 Downloads' current mold better. I think Kris definitely needs this win more than Adam, but I can't bear for Glambert to come in 2nd. I especially don't want to hear all the haters gloating. Either way, he's laughing. He seems genuinely amused that he has come this far and has handled all the media garbage with class. He'll be hot on Broadway and on tour for years to come.
But if Kris wins, so be it. He definitely needs performance coaching, though.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
In terms of story arc you do have a contrast.

Adam started out on a high and mostly the story has been about him staying good and which version of him will we get.

Kris has had the story line where it is all about the growth over the course of the show.

If it is like Season Two, then Adam wins (and could be the only person to sing first in the finale other than Ruben who won, and Clay had a lot of performance growth over the season where Ruben was always the Velvet Teddy Bear)

If it is like last season then the one with more growth will win. (David A. was the front runner but had a hard time staying at the same level with himself, David C. seemed to grow in popularity and artistry over the course of the season).

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Especially this year with the overlay of recent politics and culture war stuff.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Don't really know"
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-09 AT 07:01 PM (EST)

Mellow Fellow versus Sheik of Shriek?

Allison

ETA Doh I responded in the wrong spot. Sorry!

Might as well add that someone mentioned the gasping for air thing that Adam does is a bit distracting. I very much agree, I wonder if he'll control it better tonight.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-19-09, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
Vote? We're supposed to vote? Who knew?

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
I rarely vote and will not tonight because I don't have a strong favorite. I think Adam is more talented but I think Kris will win. Kris will get the lion's share of Danny's votes since they are much more similar in style than Danny and Adam are, and that will put Kris over the top. After all the vote difference last week was less than a million.

Kris is getting the "Vote for the Worst" vote. Kris will benifit from Danny's voters and Adam does not appeal to older voters as much as Kris does in my opinion. Additionally Kris is not really disliked by many fans but Adam will fare poorly with the the anti-gay community.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
Don't know who will win, predicting how America will vote is difficult, and opinions vary.

But to me:

1. Adam's performances have been 10's every night. When he wasn't turning it up to 11.

2. Kris has had a few mediocre performances. And even when he did well, he (and everyone else) was out performed by Adam.

I would have to vote Adam. Kris does well sometimes and his progress has been remarkable, but Adam does brilliantly every time.

The only question in my mind is how fair is it to compare a talent like Adam to anyone, especially with his training.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
Yep - assuming those of us north of the border were allowed to vote, I would go with Adam. As much as I like Kris, and have appreciated his growth over the season, Adam grabbed me (Oh behave!), early and just hasn't let go.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-19-09, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
No contest. I'm voting for Kris. Adam's probably very nice but he's way too over-the-top for me.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
I like them both! My vote is up for grabs tonight honestly.

I love the story arc of Kris. He has certainly grown on me as a performer. His arrangments (his OWN arrangments) of the songs he has chosen have been phenomenal at times. Love that he is a musician. Love is style when I want a relaxed laying by the pool kind of song.

Adam has had the shock and awe factor going on all season. I think he is an awesome performer, a little over the top at times, but certainly entertaining. I love his style when I want a song with a strong beat to it.

Having said all that.... I love a good underdog story so I'm leaning toward a Kris vote. However, Adam could still sweep me off my feet!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
I will be happy with either of them winning because I like them both for different reasons, but I think I'll be voting for Kris tonight. It's amazing that he's made it to the finals when he was barely even shown in the audition/Hollywood rounds (and Adam was featured heavily) and he's kind of been ignored by the judges. I think he is much better than he's given credit for.

I was kind of doing an Idol recap today to see how I really felt about the F2, and there was only 1 of Kris' performances that I wasn't a fan of (his first performance, Man in the Mirror). Everything else, I've pretty much loved.

I can't say the same for Adam. There have been some that I loved (Ring of Fire, Mad World, Feeling Good) but there have also been some that I really disliked (Black or White, Play That Funky Music).

So based on that, I will be voting for Kris because he's been consistently good and he just seems like a cool person and I'm rooting for him. Now, if Kris totally messes up tonight and stinks up the stage, I probably just won't vote and I'll be fine with an Adam win tomorrow.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-09, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
I started voting for Kris last week and continued this week. I started a 8:55 pm and got a bunch of votes in for 5 mins then a bunch of busy signals (about 7 to 1 busy over votes) on 04 for an hour that I tried then when to bed

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-09, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
I voted on and off all night (for Kris). I'd vote for 10 minutes or so and then take a break, try another number if one was too busy, all the way up until the voting ended. I got a ton of busy signals, but there were a few times where I got through like 15 times in a row. Then I'd get freaked out because I was getting through so much, so I'd vote until I got another busy signal. Heh.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-20-09, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: How will you vote tonight?"
I voted for Adam as much as I could between busy signals for two hours. I didn't know that the voting time had been extended to four hours or I would have kept voting.

It's a Tribe!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •