The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale theme, what should they sing, wish list"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-09, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale theme, what should they sing, wish list"
Idols were on Larry King and Ryan said what the finale song choices will be. MJ posted the link

http://mjsbigblog.com/the-idols-talk-idol-on-larry-king-live-plus-tuesdays-song-rounds-revealed.htm

Round One - The Contestant’s Favorites - Favorite song from the season is how Ryan described it.
Round Two - Simon Fuller’s Pick
Round Three - The Winner’s Single - There is only one Coronation song this year

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What they sang if you need a recap Snidget 05-16-09 1
   RE: What they sang if you need a re... vince3 05-16-09 2
       RE: What they sang if you need a re... Belle Book 05-16-09 3
           RE: What they sang if you need a re... KoalaChick 05-16-09 7
 RE: Finale theme, what should they ... Snidget 05-16-09 4
 RE: Finale theme, what should they ... zazzy 05-16-09 5
 RE: Finale theme, what should they ... zazzy 05-16-09 6
   RE: Finale theme, what should they ... niteowl0205 05-18-09 8
       RE: Finale theme, what should they ... zazzy 05-18-09 9
 RE: Finale theme, what should they ... DoodleBug 05-18-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-16-09, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "What they sang if you need a recap"
Kris
To Make You Feel My Love-Garth Brooks
How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)-Marvin Gaye/James Taylor
Ain't No Sunshine-Bill Withers
All She Wants To Do Is Dance-Don Henley
Falling Slowly-Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
She Works Hard For The Money-Donna Summer
The Way You Look Tonight-Fred Astaire
Renegade-Styx
Come Together-The Beatles
Apologize-OneRepublic
Heartless-Kanye West

Adam
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction-The Rolling Stones
Black Or White-Michael Jackson
Ring Of Fire-Johnny Cash
The Tracks Of My Tears-Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Play That Funky Music-Wild Cherry
Mad World-Tears For Fears
Born To Be Wild-Steppenwolf
If I Can't Have You-Yvonne Elliman
Feeling Good-Nina Simone
Whole Lotta Love-Led Zeppelin
Slow Ride-Foghat
One-U2
Cryin'-Aerosmith

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What they sang if you need a recap"
Kris: She Works Hard For The Money

Adam: Born To Be Wild

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-16-09, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What they sang if you need a recap"
I agree with "She Works Hard For The Money" for Kris but I'd prefer "The Tracks of My Tears" for Adam.

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-09, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What they sang if you need a recap"
>I agree with "She Works Hard
>For The Money" for Kris
>but I'd prefer "The Tracks
>of My Tears" for Adam.

All of Kris' songs seem so lite, not sure what he could redo and bring up a notch, but definitely Tracks of My Tears for Adam. Right on, Belle!

05-16-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Finale theme, what should they sing, wish list"
Kris Ain't No Sunshine-Bill Withers
Adam Mad World-Tears For Fears

The coronation song tends to be kinda ballady so I'd like the producer's choice to be more up tempo for both of them.

Would love to see Adam do something by Queen or Bowie, but would like to see something more current for Kris.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-16-09, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale theme, what should they sing, wish list"
Ugh. They don't get to do new stuff of their choosing.

And one coronation song means it is slanted towards one of the performers' strengths. And that would be Adam since the judges were shocked to find Kris in the finale.

I wonder about Simon Fuller and hope, hope, hope he is fair with his song selections.

As for fav song from the season--

Kris: "Falling Slowly"
Adam: "Mad World"

05-16-09, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale theme, what should they sing, wish list"
For the results night--this is a snippet from an article that was written in April--a day following Ken Warwick around; this is the hint about the finale:

"12:30 p.m.: In an office, Warwick assesses a bulletin board with color-coded paper rectangles that lay out the remaining weeks of episodes. He's already plotting the finale.

A reporter takes a quick look at some of the items: "Girls and Burger King," "Boys and Fishing." "You'll never know what Girls and Burger King means," he says. "It's in code."

Warwick does reveal one tidbit about the finale. "We're talking about Sacha Baron Cohen doing something," although it's not confirmed, he says. "The trouble is he always goes a little bit off the rails, and we've got to be very careful. It's a family show." "

niteowl0205 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-09, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale theme, what should they sing, wish list"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-09 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

"You'll never know
>what Girls and Burger King
>means," he says. "It's in
>code."

Is it just me, or is 'Girls and Burger King' and obvious reference to 'She Works Hard for the Money'? I know that song may be about another kind of 'professional', but wasn't Donna Summer a waitress in the video way back when?

edited for sp.

05-18-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Finale theme, what should they sing, wish list"
Some people were speculating that BK meant Beyonce Knowles, but her name is not yet on the list at MJsbigblog.

From MJ's:

"On Tuesday’s performance show, Season 4 winner, Carrie Underwood will sing the Season 8 boot song, Motley Crue’s “Home Sweet Home.” That’s in addition to the Top 2, Adam Lambert and Kris Allen, performing 3 songs each to compete for the Idol crown.

Wednesday’s finale features Season 7 winner, David Cook and

Lionel Richie,
Carlos Santana,
Cyndi Lauper,
Queen Latifah,
Black Eyed Peas,
Jason Mraz,
Jonas Brothers,

Keith Urban" --- duet with Kris (per CMT)

Rumored to perform are KISS, David Bowie (for Adam?)

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-09, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finale theme, what should they sing, wish list"
I don't know about the contestant's favorites, but here are mine....I can't choose just one!

Kris = "Come Together" - only do it unplugged with just him and the guitar (that's making it different with the same song) or "To Make You Feel My Love" same as before

Adam = "Mad World" (chance to fix that bad note from before) or "Whole Lotta Love" (he could change it up a little bit)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •