The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Simon staying with AI"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-09-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Simon staying with AI"
LAST EDITED ON 07-09-03 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

If this was posted already, I apologize, but here's an article saying that Simon will be back for more:

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?id=200307081709000218930&dt=20030708170900&w=RTR&coview=

'Idol' Worship -- Cowell Staying for 3 Seasons

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "American Idol's" acerbic Simon Cowell has something to smile about. The brutally frank judge on "Idol" has inked a three-year deal with Fox Broadcasting Co. to remain on the talent competition show as well as develop new projects for the network.

Under the pact, Cowell will return as a judge on the next three installments of "Idol." He is said to pocket about $150,000 per episode -- a significant bump from his salary for the second installment of "Idol" -- for the upcoming third edition of "Idol," which will bow in January.

As part of the first-look deal with Cowell's new production banner, Simcow Ltd., the network has given him a blind series commitment.

"Clearly, 'American Idol' is something that is extremely important to the corporation," Fox Television Entertainment Group chairman Sandy Grushow said. "This franchise has had a profound effect on the corporation as a whole. There's no question that Simon has and will continue to be its linchpin for many years to come."

Cowell had publicly voiced his reservations about returning to "Idol," which keeps him away from his primary job in Britain as a music executive.

On Monday, Cowell said Fox's commitment to the reality show, including keeping it a once-a-year event, helped him change his mind.

"If you're going to go into business with somebody, you might as well go into business with somebody you like, and I have a very good relationship with Sandy Grushow, who has been very supportive," Cowell said. "I'm excited about what we're going to work on over the next two to three years."

No concept has been determined for the project under Simcow's series commitment, but Cowell said he will probably focus initially on unscripted projects. Through his company, in partnership with "Idol" producer FremantleMedia, Cowell is executive producing the CBS dating show "Cupid," which premieres Wednesday.

Cowell said he also plans to branch out into scripted series.

"I've always wanted to make scripted music shows, so I think that will be on the cards at some point," he said, pointing to the original series "Fame" and "The Monkees" as the golden standards in the genre.

Cowell said he plans to be deeply involved primarily behind the scenes on the new projects developed at his company, which he will executive produce, but left the door open to appearing on some in the future.

Cowell plans to bring in two or three executives to help him manage the volume of production at Simcow. For the next three years, he will make the United States his main home, spending six to nine months a year on this side of the pond.

Cowell, who started as a judge on the original "Pop Idol" on ITV, is in production on the British series' second installment but said it is "unlikely" that he will continue on "Pop Idol" beyond the current season.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •