The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jimilegs 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-02, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jimilegs Click to send private message to jimilegs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE..."
What do you guys make of this...the write up in the TV section of my newspaper describes tonights episode as this:

Marquesan Vacation. An unexpected event brings the castaways to tears; a newcomer joins the tribe.

YOW!!! This is all new to me.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE... shakes the clown 05-09-02 1
   RE: A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE... jimilegs 05-09-02 4
       RE: A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE... Kokoro 05-09-02 5
       arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh sorgee 05-09-02 6
 please read before you post... sorgee 05-09-02 2
   HEARING sorgee 05-09-02 3
 OH MY HECK Bebo 05-09-02 7
 RE: A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE... bongbear78 05-09-02 8
   I agree with you completely Q 05-09-02 9
       RE: I agree with you completely bergdogg 05-09-02 11
   hey bongbear shakes the clown 05-09-02 10
 Definition of "flame" sleeeve 05-09-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-09-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE..."
*yawn*

...and begin locking.......now.

jimilegs 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-02, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jimilegs Click to send private message to jimilegs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE..."
OMG...What is your problem. I am stating what is listed in the San Ramon Valley Times..Time out section. It is obvious it it true. Someone gets injured. Teh bring in someone new (Surprise visitor) I will wait for your apologies when this is all proved correct.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-09-02, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE..."
Um....are you serious?

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-09-02, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh"
Your initial post was:

"What do you guys make of this...the write up in the TV section of my newspaper describes tonights episode as this:
Marquesan Vacation. An unexpected event brings the castaways to tears; a newcomer joins the tribe.

YOW!!! This is all new to me."

Now where exactly in that does it say that someone gets hurt? Hmm...

But, that is really isn't what i'm wondering. I'M WONDERING WHY IS IT THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER THREADS DISCUSSING THIS SAME STUFF AND YOU ARE JUNKING UP THE BOARD BY POSTING IT AGAIN?

Please, please, please just read through the other posts before you slap a new thread up. Especially on a day that people are really trying to sort through all of this stuff and make picks.

05-09-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "please read before you post..."
i would like to urge you to please read before you post. currently there are already SEVERAL threads discussing this particular item.

ACCCKKKKKK!
i...think...i...hear...the...clown...coming...
prepare...to...get...flamed...

05-09-02, 11:39 AM (EST)
3. "HEARING"
guess i heard the clown on his way out...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "OH MY HECK"
Wow, what amazing news! I mean, just because this exact topic is being discussed on, oh, I don't know, a BUNCH of other thresds...and just because there are guidelines posted to suggest that newbies check out other thresds before starting a new one...whoa.

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

bongbear78 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-09-02, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongbear78 Click to send private message to bongbear78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A NEWCOMER JOINS THE TRIBE..."
Jesus Christ! Have you ever seen a more pathetic group of whiny brats in your life? If you don't like a thread, don't respond to it! People who start new threads constantly get flamed by the handful of morons out there who feel the need to comment on the intelligence of another.

I'm not bumping this thread, because it's already at the top.

Now it's time for the math. Jimilegs was doing what this board is for, attempting to post spoilers. Then you have everyone's favorite idiot "Shakes the CLown" and his posse of idiot wannabes flaming the hell out of him for it. Yet for all his b----ing, he's responsible for bumping the same threads he calls useless. He's the one that keeps them in your face. WHY? If the spoiler is USELESS, why add to it by making it off topic and leaving it at the top of the board for all to see?

I've heard him label such attempts at spoiling as seeking attention. Well, I see it as an attempt to do what this board is for, and the constant inability to keep his opinions to himself surely indicates who is seeking attention.

So Shakes, the small percentage of your posts that are spoiler related are excellent, please keep up the good work. But get off the ego trip and let some others try to have fun without you constantly ruining it. If you have such a problem with people like myself and Jimi that try to help out, go open a private board somewhere and invite those you want. Just stop giving Desperate Attention Whore a whole new definition.

If you don't like a post, IGNORE IT. It will go away.

And TRY to lighten up. That bug up your @$$ will die eventually.

Bongbear

PS- sorry for the off topic post, but this is now an off topic thread. Thanks Shakes.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-09-02, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I agree with you completely"
Posted a similar point on another thread. These flamers, need to GET OVER IT.

They are most likely showing their age, or at least their maturity level. This place should be about fun and community, not bitching endlessly. Or should they unplug for five minutes and remember what the web is all about. The free flow of ideas. Maybe they should just all join the Bush Administration if they want to continue to censor anything other than what they want to talk about.

Please as Colleen is saying on the top of every page on this site, Remember Play Nice Everyone.

"Hey I Think I Hear a Dingo Eating Your Baby" - Bart Simpson

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-09-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I agree with you completely"
Listen, I agree that the internet is the free flow of ideas, but with that being said, you should be able to accept flames, because they are the same free flows as stupid posts that are being discussed in other threads.

Also, these people who don't even read the guidelines are wasting space and pushing down the VALID spoilers for THIER CRAP THAT HAS BEEN STATED 270,486 times over. Have you ever heard the saying "If you can't stand the heat than stay out of the oven" (or something to that effect)?

Plain and simple, flaming not only is needed, it is also helpful for the boards. It points the new posters to read the guidelines so they don't look like as big of idiots as the flamers make themn out to be, and help them become part of the spoiling populous that helps us figure out what is going on in this game.

Also, questioning our maturity level will not get you far on these boards, my friend. I will admit I did make some of the sam mistakes as some of the new posters have made when I started posting here. I got flamed, learned, read the guidelines, and became a better poster because of it.

HULK STILL RULES!!!

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "hey bongbear"
I'll keep this brief because I don't like to waste my time entering into flame wars.....

If you honestly don't know what the starter of this thresd did wrong then I would suggest three things..

1. Go back and read the guidlines
2. Go back and read the guidelines again cause you obviously need to have certain points drilled into your head repeatedly.
3. Leave, go away, set up camp at EZ where morons are not only accepted, they are in the majority.

>Now it's time for the math.
>Jimilegs was doing what this
>board is for, attempting to
>post spoilers.

....no, Jimilegs was NOT attempting to post spoilers, she/he was taking up valuable space on the board with a thresd dedicated to a subject that is already being talked about in SEVERAL threads.

>So Shakes, the small percentage of
>your posts that are spoiler
>related are excellent, please keep
>up the good work.

...I wish I could say the same for you Bongbear, but unfortunately I've actually read all of your spoiling attempts, and I now feel dumber for having done it.

...NOW can we lock this crap?

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Definition of "flame""
Telling someone that their post is repetitive, and violates the guidelines, without specifically singling out the person -- NOT A FLAME.

Yelling at the person that did so -- A FLAME.

Remember... this site has a zero tolerance policy for flaming. If you choose to flame, your ID may be removed without notice, and your IP address will be banned. Good luck to all that choose to ignore this warning.

I'm now locking this clearly repetitive thread. Jimi, and all new posters, you're definately welcome to stay and help spoil the show, but please read before you post. I good place to start would be the State of the Spoiling (SOTS) for this episode.

If, after at least skimming the posts on the first page of spoilers, you still don't see the info that you have to imart, then add your spoiler to one of the threads that is talking about something similar.

If, as a last ditch effort, you cannot find a similar thread, then start a new one.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •