The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-06-09, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I just FF'd through the results/elimination show tonight, watched some of the bits, performances, etc. I haven't done a 'Random Thoughts' post this season yet...so now is a good time?

* Is it just me, or is seeing Paula prance around like she did 20 years ago sad and pathetic? And what's with the auto-tune? Do they really think that makes them sound good? And what was with the Britney getup? Quite pathetic to me.

* No Doubt. Why were they there? Just because they are going back on tour, and they do their oldest song? Again, was it just me or did Gwen sound out of breath at the START of the song? And what was with the butt-cape?

* Daughtry. That sounded like Nickelback. Not a terrible song, but I wasn't overly impressed.

* Elimination. I thought any one of them could have gone home tonight, so i wasn't shocked. I liked all four of them for their own reasons.

* I said early on in the show - watch out for Kris and Allison, the two 'dark horses', and i was right. So Allison is out, but i think Kris could be a BIG surprise. In a way, i'm hoping Danny goes home next week and we have an Adam/Kris final, which will be very much like last season - The Underdog vs. The Chosen One. We'll see...

* Where will Allison's vote go? My guess - to Kris. Watch out Danny.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 mtb002 05-06-09 1
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 DoodleBug 05-07-09 15
       RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 kingfish 05-07-09 16
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Snidget 05-07-09 2
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Glow 05-07-09 3
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 jbug 05-07-09 4
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Snidget 05-07-09 5
       RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 emydi 05-07-09 10
           RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Snidget 05-07-09 11
           RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 geekboy 05-07-09 19
               RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Snidget 05-07-09 21
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Maroonclown 05-07-09 6
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Glow 05-07-09 7
       RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 niteowl0205 05-08-09 29
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 realitytvfan07 05-07-09 8
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Snidget 05-07-09 9
       RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 nailbone 05-07-09 25
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 mhdallas 05-07-09 12
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 AyaK 05-07-09 17
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 niteowl0205 05-08-09 30
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 grit 05-07-09 13
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 agman 05-07-09 14
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 sica077 05-07-09 18
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 blacknwhitedog 05-07-09 27
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 zazzy 05-07-09 20
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Loree 05-07-09 22
       RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 zazzy 05-07-09 23
           RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 Loree 05-07-09 28
       RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 DoodleBug 05-07-09 24
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 nailbone 05-07-09 26
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 mtb002 05-08-09 31
       RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 sylvester 05-09-09 36
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 mhdallas 05-08-09 32
       RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 zazzy 05-08-09 33
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 true 05-09-09 34
   RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 DoodleBug 05-09-09 37
 RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3 TxMom2011 05-09-09 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-06-09, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
The only thing I would disagree with is that I think Allison's votes to lean more to Adam.

I also think that if Kris gets to the finals, he's got a very good chance at taking the whole thing, as Danny voters probably aren't going to go over to camp Lambert. Combine the Christian Coalition with the teen texters and you have a force to be reckoned with.

However, if Danny and Adam are the final two, it could go either way.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-09, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
^^totally agree with what you disagree with^^

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-09 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

I disagree with what you agree to disagree with.

No! Wait.... I agree with that.

Totally.

Actually, I just want Lambert to stay as long as possible, His performances outshine not only the other aspirants, but even the guest performers. So far, no one, not even any the established stars has had a better performance than any of Lamberts. His worst has been better than the best of any of the others. So far.

Paula was pathetic. It's a good thing she has already made her bucks, she has no talent in judging (although she will be on Idol forever, it seems. Or does it just seem like forever?), and now it seems she has lost her performance talent. But she still keeps trying.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I think most of Allison's voters will go to Adam (the rocker part) with a few of the OMG17 voters going over to Kris for the cute thing.

For the Kris/Danny voters I think Kris would pick up most of the Danny voters as a fair part of that fan base is virulently anti-Adam (seen way to many slurs about Adam from Danny fans).

So in an Kradam finale I think Kris could edge him out depending on how the vote goes.

If Kris goes I think a lot of his votes would go to Danny but I don't see as many anti-Adam voters from that fan base so it may be more mixed.

I think the people who wouldn't vote for Adam will be split enough between Danny and Kris enough to get him through but if it ends up being a Danny/Kris finale I dunno what would happen. Based on Itune sales it may go to Kris and I think more of Adam's voters will vote for Kris but they may be a won't vote at all block.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
"Adam/Kris final, which will be very much like last season - The Underdog vs. The Chosen One"

And this time I will actually care.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
Is this the first time for an all male final 3?

05-07-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
Yep first all male.

Season 3 had an all female final 3.

Of the other 6 past season 3 had 2 males and 3 had 2 females.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I thought about that last nite and I could remember all f3 except who was with Bo and Carrie?

And geek, I did not read your post before posting in the east coast thread that Daughtry sounded like Nickelback, I think Daughtry thinks that's a good thing....he is selling records tho, but I hope he goes harder in his 3rd album...

05-07-09, 09:48 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
Looking at wiki:

Vonzell Solomon

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-07-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I'm not saying that sounding like Nickelback is a bad thing, just was surprising to me since his previous album had somewhat of a unique sound. Perhaps Nickelback wrote that song - who knows.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

05-07-09, 01:52 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
Chris Daughtry wrote this song with Chad Kroeger from Nickelback, in addition to Eric Dill<2><3> and Rune Westberg.<4>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Surprise_(Daughtry)

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I'd be interested to know how far down the amount of votes fall if, Heaven forbid, Adam gets the boot next week.

I think a lot of people would be too disgusted to bother.

Where were we last night - 65 mill?

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I just hope all his fans realize they have to vote for him not for who they want in the finale with him.

niteowl0205 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-09, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
>I just hope all his fans
>realize they have to vote
>for him not for who
>they want in the finale
>with him.
>
YES, PLEASE VOTE ONLY FOR ADAM. Is it really better for him if he wins, though?

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-07-09, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
WTF is voting for Danny? Why does this guy have such a huge following? Is it the dead wife thing? I just don't get it. IMO, he is no where near as good as Allison. And FWIW I am not even a rock fan. I actually like R&B/Pop music which is what Danny is but I really think he sucks bad.

His rock performance was one of the worse Idol performances I have ever seen and he got to stay! There have been other performances by him that I thought sucked too, Endless Love comes to mind.

OMG what is wrong with people. Didn't everybody hear what I heard? I just can't believe it. Is his family paying people to vote for him or what? This dude needs to leave!

05-07-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I think it is the evangelical thing. Even though Kris has the same kind of background I think Danny is much more obvious about it. Also his church is a prosperity gospel church and there seems to be a lot of promotion of him on forums prone to that kind of thing.

They need him to do well because it proves that if you give money to their particular church then God becomes an ATM dispensing fortune and fame. See what he did for Danny, heck I've seen a quote (I think from his pastor) where VFTW picking Danny is proof God is dispensing the fame to their faithful.

It isn't just the AI machine behind the pimping of him. He has family working at the local Fox station and plenty of the faithful spreading the word about how Christian he is and how inspiration it is that he is on AI with a dead wife.

I'm not sure if I've seen Kris wear anything that indicates he is religious even though I think he does the same thing in his church that Danny does (as did Michael Sarver, there are a bunch of worship leaders this year).

The evangelicals lost the White House and the Senate, they aren't about to lose American Idol, too. Gosh darn it.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
The evangelicals lost the White House and the Senate, they aren't about to lose American Idol, too. Gosh darn it.

Thank you for phrasing it that way.

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I agree, geekboy. Paula is way too old to still be doing her cheerleader routines, and I also have no idea why No Doubt was there. Maybe I'm just old, but I don't get them or their type of 'music' at all. (And we won't even mention the hair.)

I love Daughtry, and I'll buy his next album, but I also wasn't impressed with his song last night. His first CD rocks - he needs to stick with that formula.

As for the elimination - I was only mildly surprised. I really expected - and hoped - for Kris to leave, as I've had quite enough of his bland personality and singing. For his sake, I hope he doesn't make it to the final two because Adam will seriously blow him out of the water and, as much as I don't like Kris, I'd rather not see him humiliated like that. It would be too much like seeing a puppy being kicked.

If the unlikely should happen, though, and Kris should happen to win, I'll be mad for about 10 minutes and then realize that it won't really matter. After all, Taylor won, and what kind of an impression has he made? Adam will be fine - I'm sure there are a lot of producers out there already lining up for a shot at a potential superstar like him.

(And as for Allison's fans - I would assume more of them would vote for Adam than anyone else, especially after their duet.)

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-09 AT 01:24 PM (EST)

Actually, Paula and No Doubt appeared on tape. The only act that was really there was Daughtry.

Seriously, I don't think Paula has a shred of talent, but I think she's recording again because she expects to get fired. Idol would prefer that it looked like she left because her career was up and running again.

As for No Doubt, they are certainly stars, even if they didn't look like it last night.

niteowl0205 136 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-09, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"

>(And as for Allison's fans -
>I would assume more of
>them would vote for Adam
>than anyone else, especially after
>their duet.)

Very well calculated, no doubt, just in case she got booted?
(no pun intended on the no doubt thing)

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-07-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
It looks like mhdallas beat me to the punch on some of my thoughts...

While I enjoy my reality TV shows, I tend to be blase about the results. Long ago, I came to realize that I tend to feel a certain way about contestants because of editing more than everything else. The editors and producers are subtly telegraphing the results of the show and manipulating my feelings. That irritates the heck out of me and lately I find that I really don't care who ends up winning.

In the end, though, it doesn't matter. The winners don't necessarily hit it big and most of the contestants end up finding success in some way. For American Idol and ANTM, lots of non-winners go on to get contracts and end up being more successful than the winner of any given season.

As far as AI, I thought Allison was better than Danny. He had many weaknesses that showed almost every week. Those church people of his can vote long & hard, but that won't translate into CD sales when the time comes, unless they all decide to support him by buying cases of his albums to prove that he's a "success". Remember, America gave Taylor Hicks the most votes, too. See how well that worked out?

In any event, Danny's still in it. It's useless to speculate which 2 of the 3 have the biggest fan base to get them in to the finale. You could make yourself crazy trying to figure it out.

A Kris/Adam finale would satisfy me the most at this point. Kris is not a power singer the way that Adam is but he's very talented in a different way than Adam and would deserve to be there. I would be satisfied with a win for either one of them, but I suspect Simon will continue to de-pimp Kris and Adam will win.

A Danny/Adam finale would be very entertaining. I love watching them pimp the contestants. Who will they pimp? Danny hasn't been all that great lately. Any pimpage for him would be disingenuous and therefore laughable. But AI shoved Danny down the viewers' throats from the start. They should have to deal with the fall-out if he wins.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
although I know it won't happen, I'd love to see Kris win the whole thing!

a snidget original 2007

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-07-09, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I agree!

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
oh yeah, Kris, yum....

Syren 2007

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-07-09, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-09 AT 01:48 PM (EST)

* Is it just me, or is seeing Paula prance around like she did 20 years ago sad and pathetic? And what's with the auto-tune? Do they really think that makes them sound good? And what was with the Britney getup? Quite pathetic to me.

Paula's 46, 47 in June. I can think of other singers/dancers who were still showing their legs and figures in middle age--Judy Garland, Ann Miller for example. I think she looked good for a middle-aged woman. Actually, she looked great!

Now the music and the dance number...well, she seemed like Madonna who's been trying to stop the aging process. I'd like to see Paula move beyond what she did 20 years ago. What I kept thinking while she was dancing was that Britney Spears will not likely be able to do what Paula's doing in 20 more years, but why is Paula doing a routine that's more meant for a Britney? I don't know what a 46 year old should do on the stage...Tina Turner makes it look ok, Cher makes it look ok, even Bette Midler makes it look ok to be out there singing at an older than a 20 something age (and those three are in their 60's!) ... I think it was the music.

It's odd, I know Paula sold more than 50 million albums and that she was huge at one time but I just don't remember her other than "Straight Up" and that she was married to Emilio Estevez.

*No Doubt? Wiki: "During its career, the band has won two Grammy Awards and sold 27 million records worldwide to date.<1> The band will embark on a national tour throughout the summer of 2009."

*Daughtry. Agree. Song was kinda boring.

*Elimination: I called it on the Will Go/Should Go thread. Allison had visited the b2/b3 too many times by that point. AI wasn't shocked either; there was no pre-show "shocking boot" buzz.

*"The Underdog vs. The Chosen One. We'll see..." Will you be voting next week?

*Allison's vote: I'm thinking it's a lot of young girls. And the young ones like Kris, don't they? (as do some middle aged ones, lol). So I'm guessing/hoping that the young ones vote for Kris but the judges will try to shape their thinking to otherwise next week.

ETA: 50 million not 50, lol.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
>
>It's odd, I know Paula sold
>more than 50 million albums
>and that she was huge
>at one time but I
>just don't remember her other
>than "Straight Up" and that
>she was married to Emilio
>Estevez.

This made me laugh and reminded me of an interview I saw recently with Martin Sheen. He was telling that a woman came up to him recently calling him "Martin". He looked at her and had no idea who she was. She kept calling him and finally she asked if he knew her. He had to admit he didn't. It was Paula Abdul. Martin said the funny/sad thing was that she was once his daughter-in-law and he did not even remember/recognize her.

05-07-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
Wow, now that's sad. His former daughter in law is on the top show on tv for the past 8 years and he doesn't remember her and what's more, goes around telling that story? Yeesh.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
Martin told this either on The Bonnie Hunt Show or The Ellen Show. I can't remember which one but it was a couple weeks ago. He said Paula was a very good sport about it. And he said now she will probably tell the story herself and have a laugh over it. He did feel bad about it.

05-07-09, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
How sad is that???!! Yikes...

I liked "cold-hearted snake" - perfect break-up song back in the day. And it had a cool video.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
In a way, i'm hoping Danny goes home next week and we have an Adam/Kris final, which will be very much like last season - The Underdog vs. The Chosen One. We'll see...

I agree. I'm not a big Danny fan.

I'm a huge Adam fan, but I'm still not sure how he'd translate to an album. His performances are amazing, but how will he do sitting in a studio in front of a microphone instead of screaming fans? Kris, OTOH, seems more "marketable" as evidenced by the iTunes numbers.

"Why go halfway bad when you can go all-the-way crazy?" - RNO

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-08-09, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
This brings me back to my original point. If you're pulling for Adam to win the whole thing, does he have a better shot against Danny or Kris? Talent-wise, Adam's sound as a pound, but it all comes down to fan base. If Danny goes home, who will those votes go to? The majority will not swing to Adam, but to Kris, who already has a sizeable fan base that doesn't need reminded to vote. Adam has a better shot against Danny, as Kris voters would be more likely to swing Adam's way (no pun intended) for the final.

If you want Kris to win, you should definitely be pulling for a Kradam final.

If you want Danny to win, I don't think it matters who he's there with, he probably won't win. If he's up against Kris, Kris will have Adam's fans plus his own. If he's up against Adam, he may pick of some of Kris's fan base, but it's just as likely they'll go to Adam.

This is all assuming that they actually count the votes.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-09-09, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
This is an interesting discussion. I think whoever goes out at 3rd pretty much determines the winner, and I think right now any of the 3 can win based on that.

I see it this way:

Finale duo:

Adam/Danny - Adam wins
Danny/Kris - Danny wins
Kris/Adam - Kris wins

The Allison fans will either not vote, or break more for Adam, and to a lesser extent, Kris. This helps both Adam & Kris this week.

If Kris goes out 3rd, leaving Adam & Danny in the finale, I see his voters either not voting, or breaking evenly between Danny & Adam, leaving neither a real advantage. But, Adam will have picked up more of Allison's fans, and I truly believe Adam will have most of the tweenie texting powerhouse votes. No way does Danny get the advantage in the texting. His fanbase is older.

If Adam goes out 3rd (and I DO believe that's possible, too many people want Adam & Kris in the finale and will foolishly think voting for Kris ensures that) leaving Danny & Kris in the finale, I don't see Adam's support flocking to Kris enough to overcome the Danny fanbase. I don't believe Kris will get those casual voters in a duel with Danny either. Danny wins by a good margin here.

If Danny goes out 3rd (I DON'T really believe this is possible), no way the majority of his voters go to Adam. His vote goes to Kris. The tweenie texters will be split between Kris & Adam. Shocker = Kris wins.

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
Frankly, I think Adam will only sound even better on an album, especially since his natural vocals are already so incredible. Considering what they can do in a studio with all that fancy equipment,having Adam in there shouldn't cause any problems at all. If anything, there might be even less 'technical assistance' needed for him than there is for most performers!

As for Kris...his marketability lies mainly with those who find him cute and people who prefer their music on the lighter side. I think he could do okay, but won't cause nearly the craze that Adam's music will, albeit he'll definitely be geared towards a different market. Rockers, glam-rockers, and anyone who prefers their music other than 'mainstream' will buy Adam's music. Besides, live performances generate a lot of album sales and, in this case, Adam definitely puts on a more exciting show.

Either way, I think they both have a good career ahead of them - but I'm definitely in the Adamaniacs line!

05-08-09, 03:30 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
It's about the voice...however, I'll admit to a big Jackson Browne crush years ago before I found out he hit his girlfriend.

James Taylor, Jackson Browne, Cat Stevens, Jim Croce, John Mellencamp, Harry Chapin, Mraz, Matt Nathanson ...all "lighter side".

There's a market for the lighter side.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-09, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
Random thoughts...

On her exit song, Allison gave her best performance. She went out on a real high.

If Adam does not win this season, there will be outrage from the fans. He has been amazing from day 1, and deserves to win. 100%.

HOWEVER, I still believe that losing in the finals would be the best thing for Adam's future. He is best suited to front a rock band, and no rock band would touch an AI winner with a 10 foot pole. A rebel, ripped-off AI loser, maybe, but the winner? I don't think so.

I think AI will somehow rig the results to have Adam lose in a close vote, ala Ruben/Clay. This season has Ruben/Clay written all over it. They knew that Clay would be successful, win or lose, but Ruben needed the title to have any shot at success. (didn't work out for him, but had Ruben lost he'd have even less of a career today)

Winning AI would saddle Adam with the usual winner's dreck song. Just imagine Adam having to record the always horrible AI winners song. *shudder*

05-09-09, 04:50 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
I heard that Kara was writing the coronation song this year. That may or may not be a bad thing for Adam. She did write "Sober" for P!nk (kick-butt song).

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-09, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Random Thoughts On The Top 3"
You know... over the past few years I have cared less and less about who wins. I think that attitude is taken by the contestants too. They just make the tour and try to last as long as possible.

Hey even Bucky and Pickler have decent music careers... you just really dont have to be that great. I think the ones who didnt do well post idol .. ie Bo & Taylor ... two of my favs btw... Both are talented and had decent fan bases they just werent marketed right & didnt make good first albums.

Though I think Adam is talented, I dont buy him as a singer. He is an actor who sings well. On Rock night I just thought he was an actor playing the part of a rock star. (It reminded me of that movie Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg) I cant imagine him being played on the radio and doubt I would buy his album. I would however pay to see him in a musical. I'm sure it would be great.

I do however see myself listening to both Kris and Danny post idol.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •