The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-07-02, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-02 AT 03:29 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-08-02 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-08-02 AT 02:40 PM (EST) to add vidcaps and correct spelling

State of the Spoiling _ Episode 11

Well friends, here’s what we know and what we don’t know.
And as a wise man once said: "The more I learn, the less I know."

Do we know who gets booted this week? Nope.
Do we think we know who gets booted this week? Yup.
Do we have immunity from looking stupid? Nope.

But that won’t stop us from voting, now will it?

So what’s this "Shocking Event" that causes such emotional reactions?
Who is the "newcomer" who joins the tribe and becomes involved in plotting strategy?
And does anyone know where Shakes was in December?

Where shall we start? With Bungler’s excellent video grabs of the "Next Week" teaser, which were posted so quickly it seemed like streaming video. Applaud here for Bungler.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2749.shtml

As usual, the next-week clip is cryptic. Full of emotional moments, which has led many to speculate that this week we see some sort of family-based reward challenge. There’s no real evidence to back it up, other than CBS saying there is a surprise visitor this week. There’s been some speculation that the emotional reactions are caused by the family visit, and there is a family member there for each survivior. In this scenario, the RC is some game where only the winner gets to actually spend time with the family member. Cruel.

Here's an additional link to another thread that seems to back this up.
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2787.shtml

These video grabs do provide an interesting image reflected in Kathy’s sunglasses. She is facing a grid of variously colored discs, about the size of the discs they stood on when they switched tribes. These discs appear to be in six rows, corresponding to the number of remaining Survivors. This is imagined as the gameboard for the family reward challenge.
In the photo she has her hand to her face in a look that has been variously interpreted as surprise, concern, and everything in between. But perhaps she peed on her hand and she’s sniffing her fingers.

Segue over to the CBS website promo, which is vidcapped and discussed in this thread…
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2764.shtml

We see a happy Vee holding a slingshot. This leads some to believe that Vee wins an Immunity Challenge. Since past IC winners have been shown in these previews, it’s not outlandish to believe Vee wins IC. Can Vee shoot the shot better than the others? We’ll see.

We also see the six walking on a beach, and Robert is wearing the Immunity Necklace. While some believe this means Robert wins immunity again, others have pointed out that this seems to be the arrival at Challenge Beach, and Robert still has the necklace for a few more moments before the next challenge begins. It is daylight, they are not carrying torches, and no one seems particularly elated or disappointed, so it seems likely it is pre-IC.

More shots of all the contestants in various emotional moments. And the strangest clip of all. The mysterious stranger. MB says we won’t believe who it is. But that hasn’t stopped us from guessing! So far the speculation has ranged from Santa Claus to Rosie O’Donnell.

What’s truly visible is this: A heavyset white male, who is wearing baggy shorts cut below the knee and a dark shirt (and a wireless microphone transmitter on his waistband) is walking uphill in the woods. He is following another person, who is wearing light colored pants and appears to be slimmer. Some see a third person ahead of them both, but I see coconuts. This clip is in grainy black and white, so it could be those lost Blair Witch people.

More reasonable guesses have been Kathy’s 20-year-old son, Neleh’s father, and Richard Hatch. Some have even suggested it is a crew member, and MB is just mucking with our heads. Could it be Kelly Wiglesworth? Santa? Rosie? Rodger? Richard?

The CBS Eyemail is probably useless, unless you are buying the profile theory.
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2765.shtml
I love sleeeve, whose posts are always well thought out. But this one is a tough sell. Apparently sleeeve has detected a pattern in who gets profiled in these spamlets. Paschal English has not yet been profiled, and thus has sleeeve’s immunity idol.

There’s a thread on misdirection … http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2751.shtml
The visitor is discussed to death again, and the quote:
A newcomer joins the tribe, but the honeymoon is short-lived when it comes time to plotting strategy.

Lots of speculation that the "honeymoon" is a clue to the engaged Vee, or the married Paschal. Some speculation that it is Kelly Wiglesworth, and someone suggested it is a water buffalo imported from S3. I think that was a joke.

There’s also the "Targeted Princess," who could only be Neleh now that Cleopatra Sarah is out of the game. Is that so obvious it must be wrong? Who knows? Who cares?

And then we get down to Irma Towery’s obituary. Irma departed this earth on Vee’s birthday, which was celebrated on the island in last week’s episode. There has long been a rumor concerning a death in Vee’s family while she was away. The memorial service for Irma was held Dec. 29, which is 20 days after the death. It’s a long time to wait, unless you have to wait for someone who is, say, stuck on an island somewhere. Could this be Vee’s grandmother? Could be. Might Vee find out about her Nana’s death this week. Could be. Could this mysterious white stranger be here to tell Vee the bad news? Could be.
Is it Elvis? Could be.

And of course, there is speculation that Vee’s grandmother dies, and Vee asks the others to vote her out (or leaves the game voluntarily) so she can be with her family. Uh. Yeah. On Loser Island. Vee is not going back to the U.S. until the game is over, even if SHE dies.

Are there other spoilers? Not really.
(Jeez, were these really spoilers?)
Is there a lot of stupid guessing going on? Yup!
Is that why we're here? Yup!

So we get right down to it. Lots of misdirection to cover what we all know: If the General doesn't win immunity, he's gonna get pagonged in the privates.

For the record: We did see Neleh and Kathy, two white women in the waterfall, which means power. This means Sean is or is not a racist.

OK. Discuss.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 bergdogg 05-08-02 1
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 Naked 05-08-02 2
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 Silvergirl1 05-08-02 3
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 JeffGator 05-08-02 4
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 Bebo 05-08-02 5
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 MatineeIdol 05-08-02 6
 fabulous, fabulous janisella 05-08-02 7
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 sittem 05-08-02 8
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 katem 05-08-02 9
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 smiles 05-08-02 10
 RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11 SurvivaBear 05-08-02 11
 Clarification on EyeMail sleeeve 05-08-02 12
   RE: Clarification on EyeMail TeamJoisey 05-09-02 13
 Hey... READ THIS... yeah YOU! sleeeve 05-09-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-08-02, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
great job!! Team Joisey, you pointed out my opinion exactly.

HULK STILL RULES!!!

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-08-02, 04:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
TeamJoisey,

Thanks for the enjoyable read...

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-02, 05:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
Well done, TJ.

LOL at your comment about Kathy's nose rub photo:
"But perhaps she peed on her hand and she’s sniffing her fingers."

SG

R.I.P. (Recreating In Paradise):
Peter Harkey: Alien from Uranus getting into the best shape of his life.
Patricia Jackson: Nacho Mama chillin' at the Loser Buffet.
Hunter Ellis: The Knuckleheads have spoken sending the Eagle to go scuba diving.
Sarah Jones: Miss No-nos begins her tropical vacation at last.
Gabriel Cade: The teddy bear hugger looks for a new commune where they don't play games.
Gina Crews: Happy trails to our nature guide as she and Hunter meet at the Lover's Lodge. Favorite buffet item: Watermelon
Rob Mariano: The Robfodder never caught a chicken and he ain't no friend of mine.
John Carroll: This isn't the crying game, dude. Take it like a man.
One hour of my life after watching the Recrap show!
Zoe Zanidakis: I hate to break it to you, Lobster Woman, but even Gabe had a better game plan.
Tammy Leitner: You should be proud of yourself, girlfriend. You have made it to the jury.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-08-02, 06:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
I just want to say how amazed I am TeamJoisey--you really did an awesome job. You've definitely done your research this past week. But after all that work everyone did in Spoilers, I don't think we've gotten very far.

The only thing I think we've really deduced, is that the reward challenge is most definitely going to be revolved around the survivors' families. It doesn't seem like we're too sure of anything this week. Come on MB, you gotta give us more to work with! Oh well, maybe we weren't given much because it would just give away an already obvious boot--Robert. Usually when we're not given a lot of information it seems that the person booted is always the most obvious.

Since we don't know much of anything, let's just sit back and enjoy some of TeamJoisey's great quotes--

But perhaps she peed on her hand and she’s sniffing her fingers.

This clip is in grainy black and white, so it could be those lost Blair Witch people.

Vee is not going back the U.S. until the game is over, even if SHE dies.

Richard Hatch/Tina Wesson/Ethan Zohn/Kathy O'Brien
"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...and there it goes."--Bobby Hill
--"I will cut the head off of whoever it is that did this. I'm gonna take them out. I'm gonna slit their throat."

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-02, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
TeamJoisey, you totally rock. I've expressed my admiration numerous times on the TAR board, but you deserve huge kudos for putting together this muddle of postage in such a concise and witty fashion.

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-02, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
Fantastic summary - you did a great job with not much to work with!

Loved - LOVED - the peed on her hand line!

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-08-02, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "fabulous, fabulous"
Thanks so much for making us enjoy having nothing to work with this week!

Kudos.

J.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-08-02, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
TJ - what great reading!! I've been waiting all week for the great incite of the excellent spoilers who populate this board. But, you can't spoil if all you have is MB's obviously misleading statements. So, thanks for the humor and great quotes. This is probably better than the show is going to be.

BTW - the obit for Vee's "grandmother" doens't mention Vecepia Towry at all, nor anything even close to her name.

And, kudos for the Sean reference - LOLROTF!!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-08-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
Joisey, once again I have to agree with Ms. Bebo, you rock.

You made a lot of something, out of nothing. Great job, and OMH it was really funny too. Congratulations and thank you.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-08-02, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
Great job TJ!

Very funny!

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-08-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: STATE OF THE SPOILING... Ep 11"
Awsome SOTS TeamJoisey! Especially in a week when the spoiling is somewhat pitiful. I especially enjoyed your interjection of humor. That is a quality rarely seen on the SOTS. Thanks!

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-02, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Clarification on EyeMail"
There's no magical pattern that I can detect... I made the following post at the beginning of the season, and I stand by it:

If they follow the same timeline as they did last season, they will have time to profile all but three of the Survivors... Last season, they profiled all those that made the jury, or were in the final two. This means that once we make the jury, people are safe, until they have a profile, but until then all that we can do is keep track.

Of course this season, they'll probably throw us for a loop and have one of the early jury members miss a profile, just so that no one will buy into this theory, lol

Well... they missed a week, so there will actually be FOUR and not three profilees, but I stick with the theory that once we get to the jury, you're safe until you're profiled (with the exception of John, who was not profiled to keep the biggest surprise of the season exactly what it turned out to be... a surprise)... thus, Paschal is safe this week.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-09-02, 05:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Clarification on EyeMail"
Ah...I see the light!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Hey... READ THIS... yeah YOU!"
If the amazing spoiler that you're about to post is already covered in this thread (or one of the threads linked from this one), then find the appropriate place to discuss it.

Do NOT start repetitive threads... especially on Thursdays!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •