The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Juniors 7-8-03"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-08-03, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Juniors 7-8-03"
Well, this was an interesting show for sure. I cant even start to predict a winner out of this mess. So what ill do is just rank the 9 in my order of preference based on their performances.
9TH PLACE - AJ - will someone please shoot this kid for me? god is he annoying. and audience plants?? please....give me a break. too bad we cant vote this kid not only off the show but into some deserted island somewhere.
8TH PLACE - MORGAN - in need of a major beating. yuck.
7TH PLACE - CHAUNCEY - well he's better than he's been but thats not saying much.
6TH PLACE - CHANTEL - holy crap what happened here? my personal favorite since the beginning was absolutely horrible. but as debbie said, the song stunk and her voice couldnt carry it all. she should have won last week. i hope she didnt just blow her chance.
5TH PLACE - KATELYN - good average performance. she's got the looks and the voice but no charisma but give her time.
4TH PLACE - TORI - another one dropping down a level in my opinion. nothing special about her tonight at all.
3RD PLACE - JORDAN - big BIG surprise here. jordan was all over that stage. wouldnt surprise me if she snuck in based on her charisma alone.
2ND PLACE - LUCY - lucy is so good its scary. powerful yet understated. she needs to get votes. if she doesnt then people are stupid. simple as that.
BEST - DANIELLE - yet ANOTHER tingly performance from Danielle, if people cant see how frighteningly good she is then they cant judge talent. if she doesnt get into the group, out of spite i probably wont buy whatever cd the American Juniors come out with. childish? yeah but if taylor can make it in in the first week and danielle gets shutout, that would be a travesty.
....So who do i think the top 3 vote getters will be? I get a sneaky suspicion it wont be the best three. I hope im wrong but i see AJ (if he makes it in, ill stop watching this show), Tori & Chantel being the top 3 but i dont think they deserve it. Oh well.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 SaphireLady 07-08-03 1
 RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 Tracy30 07-09-03 2
   RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 tattoohater 07-09-03 3
       RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 RUTGERSpaul 07-09-03 6
       RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 tvgeek401 07-10-03 9
 RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 TODDLJ 07-09-03 4
   RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 RUTGERSpaul 07-09-03 5
       RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 TODDLJ 07-09-03 7
 RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 pass131 07-10-03 8
 RE: American Juniors 7-8-03 JessieRose818 07-20-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-08-03, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
I did not see the show tonight, . So I am looking forward to lots of comments on how the kids did.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

Tracy30 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-09-03, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tracy30 Click to send private message to Tracy30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
I thought the "not so favored" did much, much better than the so-called "favored". Here is my run down of last night's show:

9. Jordan- Too many words, not enough voice. She appeared to be struggling to get all the words out

8. Katlyn - Pretty face, but her voice is just okay.

7. Tori Thompson- Very Charismatic, but certainly not the best performance of the night. Vocally, not the best either! (but seems to be america's choice)

6. AJ- Okay. Thought the girls coming out the audience was a little too much

5. Morgan Burke- For some reason, I can't bring myself to root for this young man. He does not fit in the group to me but his performance was much better than previously

4. Chantal- This was the worst song choice of the night! What a
horrible song choice. Her voice is much better than the song.

3. Lucy Hale- Go Lucy! You blew me away tonight.

2. Danielle White- **My Pick overall*** Her voice is pure, crisp and clear. With Tori Thompson already in the is group (why i don't know), This band will need someone who can REALLY SING!

1. Chauncey- WOW! Alot people are hating on Chauncey but you have to give him credit tonight. He gave the best performance of the night and I am rooting for this underdog. Haters beware...

tattoohater 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-09-03, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tattoohater Click to send private message to tattoohater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Danielle stands out head and shoulders above all the rest including Taylor. I voted for her 50 times.
Chauncey was much improved, Jordan is very cute but can't sing, Tori is starting to annoy me. Morgan and AJ are already annoying me

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-09-03, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
Danielle, Lucy, Chantel, etc. may be better singers than people like Taylor Thompson, but I selected Taylor as my performance of the night (last week) because she may not have had the BEST singing voice, but she brought what she had together in a great performance.

Also, I don't know how a group would be with 5 great singers, it maybe too much of a jumble, maybe a group of 5 good performers could make for a more charismatic and fun group.

But I dunno, it could work either way....

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-10-03, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
>Tori is starting to annoy
>me. Morgan and AJ are
>already annoying me

Hear,hear.

smiles
the tvgeek

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-09-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
My rankings, for what its worth.

1. Lucy Hale
She got saddled with a song that is totally obscure and very difficult to sing, and she showed off amazing control and presence. I loved the way she backed off at the end and used her head voice for dramatic effect, instead of just belting everything (like Tori or Taylor would have.) I've said it before and I'll say it again, this girl is by far the best singer of the finalists. I think she could have competed well on American Idol, despite her age.

2. Danielle White
This girl has such amazing raw talent it is breathtaking. Sure, she's not flashy, showy and loud. But she moves me so much more with her voice than a thousand Tori and Taylors ever could.

---BIG GAP HERE----

3. Chantel
Contrary to the judges opinions, I don't hate 'Stony End.' It was, no doubt, a bad choice for her. But she pulled it off okay. There is something natural and unforced about her as a performer that I love.

4. Morgan
Okay, Morgan-haters, back off for a bit. He is improving every week, getting less-and-less annoying. And there is no denying the talent that lies beneath the overblown performance.

5. AJ
The chick-magnet thing is totally manufactured by the producers. He's actually quite dull. But he has the voice. Smooth and even, with a big range.

6. Tori
She was also quite dull. And I'm starting to doubt if she can really sing. Sure, she stays on pitch, mostly, but I've never heard her hold a note out more than a few beats. Still, she has presence.

7. Chauncey
Yeah, he was better. He still is too green for this group.

8. Jordan
There is something icky about her, sort of Jon-Benet Ramseyish. Sure, she sold the song, but it was so cheeseball fake and laquered.

9. Katelyn
Drop-dead gorgeous, but easily the weakest singer of the bunch.

Who SHOULD be top 3:
Lucy, Danielle, Chantel

Who WILL be top 3:
Tori, Chantel, Lucy

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-09-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
Todd! I thought we had a good vibe, we usually come up with similar opinions, I'm feeling a rift here.

C'mon, Jordan McCoy rocked! hehe... I recorded last night's episode and cannot get over how adorable the performance is, makes me smile!

I know I know, it's not about "adorableness"...

(And as for Morgan, HUGE rift we have... ::sigh:: )

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-09-03, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
Sorry, RUTGERSpaul, I just call 'em as I see 'em.

Jordan seems plastic and overrehearsed to me. She needs to relax and let her real personality come out. That being said, she no doubt is a 'showman,' but I just don't know if there is any real lasting talent under her perfectly polished shell. As far as her getting in the group... you may be right, time will tell, but not this week!

Morgan, on the other hand, is also plastic and overrehearsed, but appears to have real talent beneath the facade. The annoying facade, however, will probably continue to keep his vote total low and keep him out of the group.

We seem to agree on most everyone else!

pass131 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-10-03, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pass131 Click to send private message to pass131 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
Hey all you American Junior Fans! Well first off I just wanted to say that I am quiet surprized at the turnout for the first pick....Yes Taylor has GREAT stage presence as does her sister, however as far as the vocals LUCY & Danielle have my vote! Not that I think that neither sister would have made it because I am sure that in the end they both will....I just figured that they would be chosen closer to the end...Now the Thompson family has to bite their nails to see if Tori makes it in with her sister. I know that the show is all about talent, however I feel that the first few episodes of the show where their mother pointed out that Taylor felt like she was the ugly one & from what I gathered didn't think she was as good as her sister had a lot to do with her getting picked first...(thats America) we all have soft hearts...not that she doesn't have any talent, I think she does, I just don't think she has as much as some of the other girls.....I look for Tori to turn it up a notch or two so that she can secure her spot! I don't think however that she can top her performance of Let It Rip, she did an outstanding job! I was also impressed with both of the girls performances of CCR! We will see whats to come!

JessieRose818 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-20-03, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessieRose818 Click to send private message to JessieRose818 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: American Juniors 7-8-03"
I really don't know what the heck is wrong with you Rikker Mortis!!! you speak before you even know anything!!! and i mean you dont know anything! i dont know how old you are, but talking like that about kids who are younger than you (even though you probably have the mature level of a 3 year old)is just wrong! saying morgan needs a beating?? who says something like that? come on! you dont know talent at all because he definatly has it!! they all do! keep in mind that this isnt a "perfect singer" contest, they are making a group. so from now on watch what you say!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •