The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-09, 05:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Predictions, make your predictions here!

Typically at the top 5 we get a bottom two. So who are your bottom two and who would you send home. Who do you think America voted into the bottom two and who will go home tonight.

Should Go.

Gokey--Going Home
Matt

Gokey was a little less objectional that he usually is, but I still just do not like his voice when he sings. It is passable when he shouts but I really don't like shouting that much. Matt just needs to go home to. I don't get the pimping he gets from the judges. They save him and pimp him and do everything to try to make us love him, and I just don't get it.

I have Gokey going home because I think Matt "The Saved One" taking out "The Saved One" when they could have saved Gokey this week would give me the gigglepants.

Will Go

Kris
Matt

I think Kris was good, but I think Allison's fans may rally and she may pick up more of Lil's voters than Kris picked up Anoop voters.

Matt going home. Really of the top seven he was in the bottom three. It didn't really matter which order Lil, Anoop, or Matt went home, it was unlikely any of them would crack the top 4.

EXTRA SPECIAL PREDICTION:

So usually the top 5 and top 4 sing two songs each. The didn't do that this year because each judge needs 5 minutes to discuss a 2 minute performance and they just can't cram in more than 5-6 performances into an hour of programming.

So, will the top 4 sing one song or two next week? If they sing two songs what time will the show end. It is scheduled to end at 9:01

My prediction.

They will do two songs and it will end at 9:07

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go Estee 04-29-09 1
   RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go mhdallas 04-29-09 2
   RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go zazzy 04-29-09 6
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go Glow 04-29-09 3
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go kingfish 04-29-09 4
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go emydi 04-29-09 5
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go zazzy 04-29-09 7
   RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go emydi 04-29-09 13
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go TxMom2011 04-29-09 8
   RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go mindy23 04-29-09 9
       RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go mrc 04-29-09 10
       RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go sica077 04-29-09 11
       RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go emydi 04-29-09 12
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go Corvis 04-29-09 14
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go Ahtumbreez 04-29-09 15
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go DoodleBug 04-29-09 16
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go Belle Book 04-29-09 17
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go sylvester 04-29-09 18
 RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go kingfish 04-30-09 19
   RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go Glow 04-30-09 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 06:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Should:

Danny (More of a one-note singer than Archie, and it's a funeral march.)
Matt (Is reaching the point of playing 'How many seizures can I induce?')

Will:

Kris (Simon implied it: there's two powerhouse fanbases and his isn't one of them.)
Matt: Out. (The hat won't even dial.)

Special:

Two songs each, but we go to ninety minutes.

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-09, 06:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Should go:

Matt
Kris

Will go:

Matt (going home for sure, unless something really stupid happens)
Allison (Kris wasn't as good as she was, but he has more fans)

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-29-09, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-09 AT 08:52 AM (EST)

Interesting perception that Danny is more popular than Kris. There's data out there that Google's second most searched for contestant in March was Kris. The second most popular contestant on itunes is Kris.

Up to now, Kris has been safe. Danny has been pimped and depimped but Kris has not been spotlighted as much.

I think they want Danny to be a shocking boot at some point, like maybe next week. Or that could be wishful thinking because I like Kris and I'd like to see him get to F3. At least someone slipped him the "dark horse" comment last night.

ETA: rethinking this because Danny never has gotten the pimp spot in the top 13. Adam has twice. Allison needs it next week if they want her in the top 3. Danny if they are fair but they could have, really could have had Danny sing in the pimp spot last night. His performance was good enough. Arggghh. Maybe this is the start of Kris's story arc decline such as it is...b2 this week and booted next.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Should:
Allison
Matt - going home

Will:
Allison
Matt - going home

I can't even entertain anything other than that.

EXTRA SPECIAL PREDICTION:
two songs
9:03

"What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there." - Tahj

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-09 AT 07:24 AM (EST)

I think Kris or Matt should go, and Matt will go. That save was wasted. Unless there is massive hysteria in the voting audience, or unless his circle of family and friends numbers in the tens of millions, he has no chance of winning.

I liked Kris's performance more last might more than I have before, but he was still in the bottom 2 with Matt.

Lambert. phenomenal again. I would have liked to hear a different song, but he sure did a great job with the one he picked.

Gokey stepped up a bit too. I can see he and Lambert in the F2.

2 songs, ending at 9:00.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-09 AT 08:46 AM (EST)

Should

Gokey-duh
Allison

Will

Matt will go
Kris (I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in a shocker)

they'll sing one each except for Adam who will sing his and the other 3

2 songs each, 9:09 (I have Fringe to record over for 10 minutes so it better not go past 9:10)

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-29-09, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Matt. Matt. Matt. Matt. Matt. Matt. Matt. Matt. Matt.

America already booted you once, well actually twice because you had to be put in as a wildcard.

This should be the time for you to go, despite all the tounge baths Simon has given you.

Kris or Allison for the other B2.

Dunno about 2 songs. Weird that they couldn't do it last night. Whose weakness would that have exposed?

No mentor? 9:03. Mentor? I agree with Snidget, 9:07.

04-29-09, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
This should be the time for you to go, despite all the tounge baths Simon has given you.

reverse psychology? depimping by Simon of Allison and Kris may help them with Matt not getting that bump...who gets Anoop's votes is the question, I think Lil's go to Allison

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-09, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Should:

Kris
Matt - going home

Allison
Matt - going home

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-29-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
I'll say, once again, not huge surprises this week.

Bottom 2 will be Allison and Matt, with Matt going home FOR GOOD this time.

Next week, a 2 singer-dinger with a 90 minute show. Now if they can just get the judges to shut. the. heck. up. and say what they have to say in 20 seconds or less, we'd be OK!

Also, is it when they are down to 2 or 3 that they get to fly in a private jet to their home towns and sing and all that stuff? Can't remember. I thought it was the final 3....

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
I agree. Matt and Allison in the B2, with Matt going home.

Matt and Danny should be the B2.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-29-09, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Also, is it when they are down to 2 or 3 that they get to fly in a private jet to their home towns and sing and all that stuff?

From what I remember, it is when they are down to the bottom three. It is sad, but the most recent that I can name all three for was the Taylor/Kat/Elliot season!

04-29-09, 12:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
yes the trips are at F3 and then the mayor, etc. give the idol the judge's pick for them to sing...so maybe this year the trips are F4 bc Kara is here now

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-29-09, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Should Go:
Kris
Matt (gone)

Will Go:
Matt
Kris (gone)

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Should:

Danny
Matt- going

Will

Allison
Matt - going

Bonus - 2 songs - 2 judges comment - 9:04

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-09, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Should Go:
Allison
Matt - going home

Will go:
Kris
Matt - going home

Next week they will sing two songs and end at 9:06

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-29-09, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Should be in the Bottom 2:

I guess Adam & Matt. Adam's wailing at a couple of points got on my nerves, and Matt's just not good enough. Matt should go home, however.

Will be in the Bottom 2:

Kris and Matt. Matt goes home.

Belle Book

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-29-09, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
Should:

Danny - out
Matt

Will:

Matt - out
Allison

Next week they do 2 songs each, expand to 90 min, and still run over by 4 minutes because Kara won't stfu.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-09, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
America blindsided us.

No one had Lambert in the "Will go" 2, and I don't think any of us had him in the "Should go" 2 either. Most of had Matt going, so it wasn't total blindside.

Regardless, I'll still go with Gokey and Lambert in the F2.

America might disagree.

I thought Matt's farewell song was pretty good. Either I was more receptive, or he just performed better, but that was nice.

But the hat is still a mistake. If he has to wear one, it should have a broader brim, or something to make it seem a little less like a clown's hat.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-09, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: AI8 Top 5 Should Go/Will Go"
I thought Matt was better last night. This group has been pretty consistent about going out the right way. I loved watching the other four watching him, Allison in particular. You could tell they all think he's talented and that they're all really close. I really like this group's chemistry.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •