The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tammy On the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-03-02, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tammy On the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-02 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Tammy On the Early Show

I don't know if someone is assigned to do this, but since this is a regular feature, post-survivor, and no one has posted this yet, I'll risk posting it. If any one is assigned to it, my apologies .

The only spoiler value I can see from this interview, is the same one from the Zoe interview; The Early Show, and See-BS, are trying desperately hard to convince us that Sean either makes the final two or wins.

My Lex-gut tells me that J/T/R feel more than a little betrayed by Neleh and Paschal.

Since MB would haul her @$$ off to court if she gave away, the final two; I suspect that Jane Clayson was trying to trick Tammy into givng away any information about Sean. Tammy, of couse, didn't fall for it, and focused on Sean's intestinal problems instead.

JC: Talk to us about Sean.
I think that Sean's going to win this whole thing.
Marc(k?)'s (--"The Early Show('s)" weatherman's) convinced.
I wasn't initially, now I'm on the Sean bandwagon.

Tammy said that Robert offered her the IN, and she told him to keep it.

I think her feelings about Pashal and Neleh are more interesting:

TL: They thought that we were being too arrogant.
But what's ironic is they went and did the same thing.
They formed an alliance with other people.
And they were way more arrogant than I would have dreamed of being.

JC: Paschal and Neleh?
Are you kidding?

TL: Did you see that (IC) challenge?
Those people weren't even trying.
They were so secure with their spot.

(Tammy also said that she would have like to have shoved the used candy down Neleh's throat.)

*Note: edited, because I didn't know that "The Early Show" had a weatherman named Marc(k?) .

Sorry Webby, I got this interview from SFever's transcipt;

I rarely wake up in time to see any morning televison, and if I do watch/tape "The Early Show,"
I only pay attention to the Survivor highlights;

so I wouldn't have any idea regarding any anchors not involved with interviewing the cast-offs .
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Robert: I want to shove my face in Neleh's hair.

Act Now: Keep HOPE Alive !!!

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tammy On the Early Show GuessItRains 05-03-02 1
   RE: Tammy On the Early Show janisella 05-03-02 2
 RE: Tammy On the Early Show SurvivorBlows 05-03-02 3
 RE: Tammy On the Early Show Silvergirl1 05-03-02 4
 WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK HER..... MikeD 05-03-02 5
   RE: WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK H... SurvivorBlows 05-03-02 6
       aaarrrghhh MikeD 05-03-02 7
           RE: aaarrrghhh PagongRatEater 05-03-02 10
           RE: aaarrrghhh SurvivorBlows 05-03-02 12
       RE: WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK H... LionChow 05-03-02 9
           RE: WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK H... SurvivorBlows 05-03-02 13
               RE: WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK H... BaquaR13 05-05-02 24
   RE: Vee Teddy_Bear 05-03-02 8
 Early Show video online SurvivorBlows 05-03-02 11
   RE: Early Show video online MikeD 05-03-02 14
 Just a couple of points... SurvivinDawg 05-03-02 15
   RE: Just a couple of points... frisky 05-03-02 16
       RE: Just a couple of points... SurvivinDawg 05-03-02 18
   RE: Just a couple of points... Bebo 05-03-02 17
   RE: Just a couple of points... sittem14 05-04-02 19
   RE: Just a couple of points... Napalm in the Morning 05-04-02 20
       RE: Just a couple of points... SurvivinDawg 05-04-02 21
       RE: Revenge Theory Teddy_Bear 05-04-02 22
   RE: Just a couple of points... Loree 05-04-02 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-03-02, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tammy On the Early Show"
Teddy,

I can't tell from reading the transcript exactly who said what but it looks like the CBS nitwits (Jane, Mark, etc.) were actually the ones predicting that Sean won. Tammy wanted to say nothing about it and focused solely on Sean's intestinal problems.

I'd basically say there was nothing of spoiler value in the interview except for the fact that S/V appear not to have approached T/R or vice versa after the IC. Whatever S/V's plan to "take it to the end" is, it didn't involve Tammy.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-03-02, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tammy On the Early Show"
Actually, Tammy said that she had approached Vee to "feel her out" and Vee wasn't ready to switch alliances so she didn't pursue it any further.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-02, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tammy On the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-02 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

>Since MB would haul her @$$ off to court if she
>gave away, the final two; I suspect that Burn-it (and
>Zoe--his mouthpiece, last week) are trying to throw us off
>Sean's likely road to eventual jury duty.
>
>JC: Talk to us about Sean.
> I think that Sean's going to win
>this whole thing.
> Marc's (Burnett)
>convinced.
> I wasn't
>initially, now I'm on the
>Sean bandwagon.

Oh come on -- don't even TRY and tell people that's what Tammy said.

I didn't see the show, but from looking that actual transcript, it is PRETTY CLEAR that JANE is the one who said the entire above phrase -- and the MARK that she is referring to is NOT BURNETT, it's the freaking weather guy on the show who's been talking about Sean winning for over a month now.

Come on, do you REALLY think that Tammy would have said "Mark Burnett is convinced that Sean is going to win"?!?!?!

Please don't go making assumptions that you obviously have no clue about and then passing them off as the actual transcript.

Jane said the entire above phrase, and then Tammy responded with "Shocked he's still on, huh?"

...to assume that EITHER Jane or Tammy would casually suddenly refer to the previously unmentioned Mark Burnett solely as "Marc" during a national general interest morning news show is an absurd leap of faith.

-SB

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tammy On the Early Show"
JC: Talk to us about Sean.
I think that Sean's going to win this whole thing.
Marc's (Burnett) convinced.
I wasn't initially, now I'm on the Sean bandwagon.

Jane was talking about Marc, the weather man. The topic of a Sean win was also discussed when Zoe was on last week.

TL: They thought that we were being too arrogant.
But what's ironic is they went and did the same thing.
They formed an alliance with other people.
And they were way more arrogant than I would have dreamed of being.

Tammy, wake up and smell the coconuts! You are the Queen of cocky arrogance!

It also made me laugh when she said something like - Oh something happened and they (N/P) decided to go back on their word. (I am paraphrasing here.) Didn't she see how cocky and arrogant the Rotu 4 looked when they were cutting down the coconuts in their chosen boot order? Unbelievable!

Billions and Billions Cloned

SG

R.I.P. (Recreating In Paradise):
Peter Harkey: Alien from Uranus getting into the best shape of his life.
Patricia Jackson: Nacho Mama chillin' at the Loser Buffet.
Hunter Ellis: The Knuckleheads have spoken sending the Eagle to go scuba diving.
Sarah Jones: Miss No-nos begins her tropical vacation at last.
Gabriel Cade: The teddy bear hugger looks for a new commune where they don't play games.
Gina Crews: Happy trails to our nature guide as she and Hunter meet at the Lover's Lodge. Favorite buffet item: Watermelon
Rob Mariano: The Robfodder never caught a chicken and he ain't no friend of mine.
John Carroll: This isn't the crying game, dude. Take it like a man.
One hour of my life after watching the Recrap show!
Zoe Zanidakis: I hate to break it to you, Lobster Woman, but even Gabe had a better game plan.
Tammy Leitner: You should be proud of yourself, girlfriend. You have made it to the jury.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-02, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK HER..."
WHY SHE VOTED FOR VEE?????? AAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!

05-03-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK HER..."
>WHY SHE VOTED FOR VEE??????
>AAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!

Um, did you actually read the transcript or watch the video??? They did -- WHY DIDN'T YOU FREAKING READ IT?????

AAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!

-SB

05-03-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "aaarrrghhh"
all you had to do was ask nicely.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: aaarrrghhh"
Beware. Webby has his A$$-kicking boots on this week - do not F with him.

Keep up the good work, SB.

05-03-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
12. "RE: aaarrrghhh"
>all you had to do was ask nicely.

"You reap what you sow," or, "do on to others as you want done on to you" -- take your pick.

-SB

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-03-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK HER..."
Hey SB, a little too much coffee today?

05-03-02, 12:52 PM (EST)
13. "RE: WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK HER..."
>Hey SB, a little too much coffee today?

Um, I thought it was pretty clear that I was turning the poster's EXACT WORDS AND PHRASING back on himself and illustrating just how foolish he looked, but hey, maybe that went over some folk's heads...

-SB

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-05-02, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: WHY DIDNT ANYONE FREAKING ASK HER..."
Agreed. She also explain her vote at the tribal council saying that Vee was not as good of a worker (or something to that affect).

05-03-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Vee"
Tammy said the same thing she did on the show;
she and Robert felt that Vee hadn't been pulling her weight recently.

Robert: They might not want to vote me off if I snare a pig.

05-03-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
11. "Early Show video online"
CBS News has put up the video and article about Tammy's appearance this morning:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/05/03/survivor/main507932.shtml

I thought her comment about how Neleh and Paschal "decided to take us all out" might be telling.

Tammy isn't talking like someone who only a few days later saw either Neleh or Paschjal show up at the lodge and spent the next week with them -- normally the losers are pretty kind to each other, but then again, maybe Tammy is a just a #####.

She also says that although she "felt Vee out" a "few days" prior about V and Sean joining back up with Robert and Tammy (and maybe Zoe if she was still there?) but her never actually came right out and said "do you want to form an alliance again" (what is this women stupid -- why the hell not?!?!?)

The fact the she didn't come out out and ask sounds to me like she was resigned to her fate -- whether this same attitude applies to Robert as well will be interesting.

-SB

05-03-02, 12:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Early Show video online"
thank you for including the link SB. I agree - people act like this every season - they give up and dont try to work it when they're down.

And if Rob offered her the damn IN, she should have taken it. Geez....

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Just a couple of points..."
First, I noticed in the show itself, when Sean and Vee were deciding who to go with, that Vecepia is clearly the one who made the decision to stick with P/N/K.

Second, applying a "Hollow"-point bullet to this interview... is anyone besides me noticing just how hard they are trying to drive this "Evil Neleh" thing (for lack of a better phrase) down our throats? The show was entitled "The Princess", now you have Tammy trash-talking Neleh, the See-BS website discusses Neleh having a target painted squarely on her back (duh!), and I think the poll question involved Neleh.

Third, indeed Jane Clayson IS trying to get some scoop on Sean, but not only do I agree with Webby that Tammy's talk about P & N is not that of someone who spent time with them in Loser Lodge, Tammy's conversation about Sean doesn't strike me as one about the potential winner or final 2 candidate.

Fourth, returning to point No. 1: Why would T & R vote for VEE instead of Neleh, and why WASN'T this asked of Tammy in this interview? Because Jane Clayson is controlled and was told not to, that's why. IMHO, Vee rejected T&R's offer of an alliance. Sean may even have wanted to vote with them and Vee said no. T&R voted for Vee out of pure revenge, of course. But See-BS wants to steer us AWAY from this little truth because (IMHO) it will be important later.

Fifth, did anyone notice the General being comforted by Pappy at the TC? Not only did the General turn to Pappy, but you don't see Tammy saying anything really bad about Pappy... it's all about Neleh! I also observed this on the show. Ergo, Pappy's a popular man.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Just a couple of points..."
>First, I noticed in the show itself, when Sean and Vee were deciding who to go with, that Vecepia is clearly the one who made the decision to stick with P/N/K.

Absolutely. It was clear Sean lost the battle, as did Tammy a few days earlier. Either Vee has a plan or she's playing it safe. Since she's crossed fences before, I tend to think she isn't another Amber and that she does have some long-term thing cooked up. She tells Sean and they high-five.

>is anyone besides me noticing just how hard they are trying to drive this "Evil Neleh" thing (for lack of a better phrase) down our throats?

Indeed. The Dee-jays on 3 different radio stations in my neck of the woods are all a-buzz with "ooooh, that Neleh better watch herself. Looks like she's next! She'd better win immunity next week or she's gone!!" Duh.

>Jane Clayson IS trying to get some scoop on Sean

Maybe she has an alterior motive. Wasn't she pining after the Colbster last year?

>Why would T & R vote for VEE instead of Neleh, and why WASN'T this asked of Tammy in this interview?

She was asked, and she said that Vee didn't pull her weight with the housework. (Personally, I thought that was unusually strategy-less of T and R). If it was a revenge vote, she didn't admit to it.

>did anyone notice the General being comforted by Pappy

I don't think Robert is as much of an outsider as we think. The whole gang seemed to be getting along fine last night, with the exception of Neleh and, oh heck, everyone!

05-03-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Just a couple of points..."
>Why would T & R vote for VEE instead of Neleh, and why WASN'T this asked of Tammy in this interview?

She was asked, and she said that Vee didn't pull her weight with the housework. (Personally, I thought that was unusually strategy-less of T and R). If it was a revenge vote, she didn't admit to it.

Lest I incur the wrath of Webby , let me explain that my question didn't quite come out the way I wanted it to. Perhaps a better way of asking would be "Why didn't they PRESS this issue in the Tammy interview?" In other words, why wasn't this focused on more, and brought home to Tammy more strongly?

Sorry for the confusion.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Just a couple of points..."
>Ergo, Pappy's a popular man.

I agree, Dawg. Maybe part of the reason that MB is trying to tarnish the princess a little bit is to explain to the viewer how people in the game would be able to pick between them.

Up until this point, it's been PaschalandNeleh. Joined firmly at the hip, always a pair, you get one, you get the other. At some point during the endgame, that's got to change. Either there will be a time where one has to be voted out, or, if they make the final 2, when one will need to be voted for.

Perhaps this is MB's way of hitting the average viewer over the head with a sledgehammer to show why Paschal will be favored over Neleh.

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

sittem14 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem14 Click to send private message to sittem14 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Just a couple of points..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-02 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

As to the searching for info on Sean (I'm referring to SD, post #15) - both of the last two weeks JC asks about Sean and Marc (the weatherman) gives his opinion that Sean is going to win. Then we flash to Z and Tammy. In both cases they have slightly bemused or confused looks. They respond, but don't say much. Tammy focuses on his cornucopia of stomach distress. Their responses could be read in two ways - one that they are dismissing him. Second, (for a wishful thinker like me) they could be responding and phrasing carefully to try to cover that he's in final two and want to move on to the next person. It seems to me they felt put on the spot by the question about him more than with questions about eh other. It could also be stupid Marc inserting that he thinks Sean wins it - how does one respond to that.

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Just a couple of points..."
SDawg says, "T&R voted for Vee out of pure revenge, of course."

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand the "revenge" angle. Revenge for what? Vee has never any revealing conflicts with T/R that I can remember. (Did I miss something?) In fact, Vee voted WITH them when they went after the Robfather. If anything, I would think T/R would have believed V (with Sean) was their best hope for a new alliance.

IMO, T/R must have discussed something with K or N/P that indicated some slight hope or clue that one of them were considering V as the next boot. Why else would R/T vote off V? Knowing how competitive Tammy was, she must have had some strategy behind the vote besides "you (V) don't seem to pull your weight."

I am totally missing the "revenge" factor SDawg referred to, and I hope someone could further explain.

05-04-02, 01:23 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Just a couple of points..."
Perhaps SDawg himself can explain:

Tammy (and mebbe Robert) approached Vee about an alliance. Vee rejected them, dashing their final possible hope to stay in the game (IMHO, even if they had gotten Sean, I think Vee stays with the others and Tammy still goes 4-3).

So they "get" Vee back by voting for her at TC, knowing full well that they have no shot.

That's what I meant by "revenge".

05-04-02, 01:39 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Revenge Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-02 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

>SDawg says, "T&R voted for Vee
>out of pure revenge, of
>course.
"

>Forgive my ignorance, but I don't
>understand the "revenge" angle.
>Revenge for what?

>Vee
>has never any revealing conflicts
>with T/R that I can rememember.
>(Did I miss something?) Why else
>would R/T vote off V?

> Knowing how competitive Tammy
>was, she must have had
>some strategy behind the vote
>besides "you (V) don't seem
>to pull your weight."

>I am totally missing the "revenge"
>factor SDawg referred to, and
>I hope someone could further
>explain.

I believe that some discussion may have occured (which we were not privy to) between S/V & T/R. I got the impression that Sean was seriously considering it (an alliance with them), but that Vee torpedoed it.

If I am making any inaccurate assumptions here; this is just my theory.

*Note: edited to apologise to SDawg ; I replied before you, but you beat me to it.

Neleh: anyone want a candy? It was only in mouth a second, honest.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-02, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Just a couple of points..."
Yes, I noticed Robert leaning his head on Pappy's shoulder after Tammy was voted out. Pappy was comforting him for losing his sister. And that made me think that I never see much of Robert with Sean or Vee. Certainly if Robert was going to join up with anyone it would be his original Rotu tribemates.

I do think MB is trying to make us think that Neleh is very disliked by the tribe. But he seems to be trying too hard to point us in that direction.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •