The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-02-02, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-02 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

{Jeff Probst} Next time on Survivor, only six remain at Soliantu...

{JP} ...and island life has taken its toll on all of them.

{Kathy} We're just depleted, energywise...

{Kathy} ...and it's really uncanny to see what's happening with our mental stability.

{JP} And an event occurs that will shake up the entire tribe.

{Neleh} Oh-ho-ho...

{Paschal} It takes an experience like this to realize what really is important in your life.

EDITED TO ADD IN... a close-up of Kathy's glasses, just in case there's anything to seen in the reflection.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Squarepants party of one 05-02-02 1
   That's just bad taste Cathy the Canadian 05-06-02 24
       RE: More than Speculation Teddy_Bear 05-09-02 46
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 05-02-02 2
   RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps PagongRatEater 05-02-02 12
   Maybe bootees visit for challenge Cathy the Canadian 05-07-02 34
 Check Out Reflection in Kathy's Sun... sweetpea 05-02-02 3
   RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's... Bungler 05-02-02 4
       RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's... corcam 05-03-02 13
       Bungler vid caps wendyp 05-03-02 20
       even wilder speculation survivorscott 05-05-02 23
   RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's... NorthOfBoston 05-02-02 5
   RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's... Kokoro 05-02-02 8
   RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's... BMH 05-02-02 10
   RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's... Swami 05-02-02 11
   RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's... wendyp 05-03-02 18
 Bungler, you rock.. anotherkim 05-02-02 6
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Java 05-02-02 7
   RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Kokoro 05-02-02 9
   Six Rows Rain Crow 05-03-02 16
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps tylermathers 05-03-02 14
   RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps I_AM_HE 05-03-02 15
 Neleh wins RC? Bebo 05-03-02 17
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps MatineeIdol 05-03-02 19
   RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps GuessItRains 05-03-02 21
       RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps PagongRatEater 05-06-02 25
       RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps dabo 05-08-02 39
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps JeffGator 05-05-02 22
   Just have to say... snoocharoo 05-07-02 36
       Finally an intelligent newbie JeffGator 05-08-02 43
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps infinitesurvivor 05-06-02 26
 Hexagon Game RC similar to the Newl... Napalm in the Morning 05-07-02 27
   RE: Hexagon Game RC similar to the ... dabo 05-07-02 28
       RE: Hexagon Game RC similar to the ... Napalm in the Morning 05-07-02 30
       RE: Hexagon Game RC similar to the ... KevMo 05-07-02 31
       RE: Hexagon Game RC similar to the ... MC_Hampster 05-07-02 33
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Swami 05-07-02 29
   RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Spidey 05-07-02 35
       RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Swami 05-07-02 38
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps MatineeIdol 05-07-02 32
   "First Shower" and Robert with the ... PagongRatEater 05-07-02 37
       nope shakes the clown 05-08-02 40
           RE: nope dabo 05-08-02 41
           RE: nope PagongRatEater 05-08-02 44
           RE: nope Mikami 05-09-02 45
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps rslechwar 05-08-02 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Squarepants party of one 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-02, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to send private message to Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
It looks like Neleh is happy in vid cap 10 but then she looks sad in vid cap 11. There has been speculation that the news they get is Vee's grandfather is dead. If this is so than why would Neleh be happy in VC 10?
What am I missing?
Longlive Sponge Bob

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-02, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "That's just bad taste"
Many people are speculating that Vee gets news of a death in her family. My question is, why on earth would Vee be told this while still in the game? It would just be cruel, unless she was actually going to be allowed to go to the funeral, which seems pretty unlikely.

Commen sense tells me that if there was in fact a death in Vee's family, she would be told after she exited the game, not during.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-09-02, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: More than Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-02 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

Thanks to Hrc2u, who emailed me a while back.
Vee's Grandmoither supposedly died on December9th, 2001.

Hrc2u was kind enough to supply the newspaper archive that lists an obituary for an Irma Towery, dated December 27, 20001: Daily Herald Obitutuaries(unfortunatly, you will have to type in the deceased's name, Irma Towery, obit date: December 27, 2001, to extract the information.): A memorial service for Irma Towery (nee VanApeldoorn) 74, of Galax, Va., will be held at 11:a.m., Saturday, at Faith community Church . . .

Unfornatly most of the rest was cut off, unless you're prepared to pay for it. Thanks again Hrc2u.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Vee: Sarah has a cute body. She paid a lot for it.

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

05-02-02, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
Looks to me like RC is the family trivia thing. Neleh's "oh-ho-ho" looks like her family got something wrong.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-02, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
That is some great speculation Bungler! I was looking to an alternative to the Vecepia death in the family thing and that REALLY fits. I was trying to figure out why if it WAS a tragedy, why was there some half celebrating and why is The General smirking when Pappy is so obviously upset.

Great thinking and great job getting up the caps so fast. You must have your TV linked to your computer!

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Maybe bootees visit for challenge"
The grid does make it look like some sort of a quiz game.

I was thinking maybe instead of family members,it's the bootees from loser lodge that come to help with the challenge, asking questions about themselves ala the quiz from survivor one.

The reactions seem a little over the top for simple past bootee visits, but they're all pretty emotional right now, and it would sure be cheaper than flying in the family! Any takers?

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-02-02, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Check Out Reflection in Kathy's Sun Glasses"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-02 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

Someone on EZ posted this blown up vidcap of Kathy from tonight's preview. It makes it easy to see what might be a challenge reflected in Kathy's sun glasses. Looks like multi-colored pastel stones or discs like they had to stand on when they switched tribes.

My guess is the emotional scenes and the "experience" the survivors getting their videos or calls from home. Then the reward "Marquesian Vacation"--maybe this is the long rumored Sean winning the visit with the parent.

05-02-02, 09:58 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's Sun Glasses"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-02 AT 10:11 PM (EST)

sweetpea - that one puts mine to shame. I wonder if all of the remaining Survivors' relatives are there to participate in a challenge? JP says it's "an event," not just a challenge. And we have Snewser spoiler that there may have been some home contact from Sean's relatives, and very vague spoilers about contact involving Neleh's and Tammy's loved ones. I know Tammy's out of the game, but if RC takes place the day after Tammy's ouster, how would they know with enough advance notice to keep her fiance on ice? Maybe ALL of the remaining 6 will be playing the trivia game with their relatives right there on Tribal Beach.

This is all wild spec, but it could happen.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-02, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's Sun Glasses"
Bungler as usual you are on the ball and as always ahead of me.

This is exactly what I was thinking about their families being there at Tribal Beach.

I think it would make a great challenge.

Hey I wonder where Neleh got that pretty green buff looking thing.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-03-02, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Bungler vid caps"
sweetpea - that one puts mine to shame.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah so someone put one shot in that is great! Are they/can they preform each and every week as you do?!?! I think NOT!

Bungler you are awesome! Even though I watch the previews I can not wait to see your post to start spoiling!!

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-02, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "even wilder speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-02 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-05-02 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

What if they are there and in the course of the game, The family members are eliminated and don't even get to talk to their family that would explain neleh's and Pappy's looks.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-02, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's Sun Glasses"
What an excellent find!

I've been thinking about this family-reward thing and Vee's family death, and I think that it's inprobable that Vee finds out about the death while playing the game. With the exception of S2 (internet chat), family time is expressed through pre-made videos. Obviously MB isn't going to want the families back home to know which survivor made it this far, so he'll ask all of the survivors' families to made videos (Lindsey had said that she watched hers after being voted out in S3). I'm assuming he had the families make them early on, to leave time for submission (and reduce the Jenna missing video factor). So, it's improbable that Vee would hear of the death through the video. Plus, it seems unfair that MB would break this news to her while she is playing the game, as it give unfair advantage to everyone else (since they do not have this distraction to deal with).

When I first saw the preview live, I thought they were all gasping with horror and sadness. Now that I see the clip version, I agree that they are beaming with homesickness at seeing their families.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-02-02, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's Sun Glasses"
<<maybe this is the long rumored Sean winning the visit with the parent.>>

Sorry one thing here - Sean isn't rumoured to be the winner....the rumour only says he's around (or could be) at the time the challenge takes place. (2nd week of December = Final 7 at the least ;)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Stop Discrimination Now

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-02-02, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's Sun Glasses"
Hey guyz..I think the specualtion about a family oriented challenge is correct and it has nothin to do with Vee..bc if u look at the blown up picture of Kathy..u can see a black arm on her left side and another person on the right side of kathy with what appears to be a red shirt on..the only one that is wearin a red shirt in the group shots is sean..so the other arm..has to be Vee's arm..

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's Sun Glasses"
Sean is NOT rumored to have won the family visit. He is rumored to have still been "in the game" when the family visit was the RC.

Swami

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Check Out Reflection in Kathy's Sun Glasses"
Who is that in her Left glass? It is a person, that looks to be picking something up. Could this be Jiffy giving the survivors notes from home? Or similar to the Sean's dad bringing gifts/packages from the other survivor's loved ones.

I think all the survivors are home sick and the sadness is from Jiffy telling them that one gets to see someone from home.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Bungler, you rock.."
you too, sweetpea! ThankS!!!!!!!!!!

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-02 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

Potential challenge would be to have them stand on the disks, and be able to move forward when their family gets a correct/matching answer? Those challenges always favor people who are sort of one dimensional...ie, Lex in S3 always answering 'my kids'. I can see Paschal or Robert filling this pattern.

Side note #1: Is Neleh wearing Robert's kite in caps 10 & 11?
Side note #2: Is that a cameraman in the background of cap 7?

edited to echo kim - Bungler rocks!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-02-02, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
1.) Looks like it.
2.) Has to be. (How many outfits does that girl have?! - she's gonna need to build herself a closet over there )

And thanks to the speedy Bungler!

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Neleh: "Oh my heck!"

Stop Discrimination Now

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-02, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Six Rows"
I believe you are correct in the type of challenge. In the reflection, there are six rows of disks. It looks like there are 6-8 disks in each row. Also, the vidcaps seem to have the survivors standing really close together...which matches the closness of the disks.

tylermathers 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-03-02, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tylermathers Click to send private message to tylermathers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
Check out cap #13...

To borrow a phrase from Seinfeld, that Kathy has some serious Man Hands.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
lol! i don't know if you were serious or not...but i think one of those hands is robert's, and the other (the one between paschal and robert) is paschal's

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Neleh wins RC?"
Neleh is shown holding her arms up in triumph, while the others are shown in reactionary shots. The facial reaction in the next cap could be her getting all oh-my-heck emotional about having contact with her family.

Sean's facial expression looks like one of his jokingly self-chastising moments after getting something wrong.

There's a time lapse between #13 and 14, because of the different clothes. In #13, Paschal gets emotional at the video/internet stream/whatever from home and is being comforted. I think the hand in the middle is his, while the one on his right (our left, in the shot) is Kathy's.

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
I know this will probably sound like 1+1=19 but it looks to me as if we might be looking at another Pappy RC win. In the photos Neleh first looks like she's happy and cheering for someone and the next photo she has that "Oh that's so sweet/I'm so happy for them" look on her face. Then in the photo with Pappy looking upset he has that very emotionally overwhelmed look (like how you would look if you met up with loved one you hadn't seen in a long time) while Robert looks absolutely blank (like "it's not my relative who cares?), plus there is a hand on Pappy's shoulder that may be a congratulations slap/pat/hug followed by the photo with Pappy saying that "It takes an experience like this to realize what really is important in your life."

Of course I could be completely wrong (and usually am). It could just be the emotions from seeing a portion of the video a family member sent like in previous Survivor episodes.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
The vidcaps and CBS website seem to imply that this will be a combined "Family and Survivor" play together and winner gets to meet family member challenge. The ep title is "Marquesan Vacation," so probably the winner will just be told they are getting a trip away and will then be surprised that their family member is actually there.

The two family trivia challenges in the other series were won by Tina and Lex. Both were married. IIRC other married contestants like Rodger, Tom, and Kim J., also seemed to do better than the young singles playing with their parents. Paschal is the only married contestant, though Vee is engaged (and I believe living with Leander?), and we did have the TC where Sean talked about how much he missed his mother. Neleh may be close with her parents, but I would still peg her a longshot. I have no idea who Kathy and Robert would be paired with. Based on the preview, I don't think Paschal is far-fetched; he's probably the most likely winner.

05-06-02, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
That's a good thought, GuessItRains. Little Kim and her mom did really well, too, but you would have to give an advantage to the married folk. I would definitely argue that the look on Neleh's face was 1) happy her relative got the question right and 2) how sweet, I miss them. I don't think that her second look is related to who wins the challenge. Until we have some further vid-cap information I'm going with Pappy on this week (unless Sean was right about black telepathy...).

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-02, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
>The two family trivia challenges in
>the other series were won
>by Tina and Lex. Both
>were married ...

Okay, just to get technical, it was Tina's family which won that challenge for her. All that Tina and the other players in S2 did in that challenge was transmit the trivia questions to the loved ones back home. It should also be noted that the challenge in S1 where Sean got a visit with his father, a night on a yacht, and breakfast with Pops and Richard, that was just a trivia game with no involvement by the loved ones back home. The reaction shots may simply be at the news of winning a new car being the reward. Of course, the loved ones back home may be involved via video or somehow, which is a more likely explanation for some of the reaction shots.

But Tina didn't actually win that challenge, her family won it. How do we assess these players' chances based on what little we know of their loved ones back home? If it is personal trivia then, yes, I agree, the married players (or any just shacking up) probably would have an advantage. But it doesn't have to be personal trivia, which would be an exact repeat of what they did in S3.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-05-02, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
I think this definitely shows us that there is going to be a family type reward challenge and that nothing bad happens--no news of anyone's death or anything like that. In the pictures where people are crying, they look like happy tears to me. If you look at the picture of Paschal crying on Robert's shoulder, Robert has a happy look on his face. Neleh also looks like she has tears of joy as you can see that she was smiling in the pic right before, and Kathy's reaction is one of someone who hasn't seen her son in a really long time and then gets a video or letter or something from him.

Also Paschal's comment of It takes an experience like this to realize what really is important in your life is just said because they've all been focusing so much on the game that they forgot about how important there families are to them.

Richard Hatch/Tina Wesson/Ethan Zohn/Kathy O'Brien
"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...and there it goes."--Bobby Hill
--"I will cut the head off of whoever it is that did this. I'm gonna take them out. I'm gonna slit their throat."

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-07-02, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Just have to say..."
This doesn't belong here but it's a compliment and there is no designated thread for compliments so go ahead and flame me if it makes you happy.

JeffGator...I LOVE the Lex'ism at the bottom of your signature, you always have cool pics and quotes and I just wanted to give you props!!!

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-08-02, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Finally an intelligent newbie"
This doesn't belong here but it's a compliment and there is no designated thread for compliments so go ahead and flame me if it makes you happy.
JeffGator...I LOVE the Lex'ism at the bottom of your signature, you always have cool pics and quotes and I just wanted to give you props!!!

--It's nice to see an intelligent new poster around here with impeccable taste. Lol, thanks for the compliments snoocharoo and welcome to Blows. Hope you stay for a long, long time.

Richard Hatch/Tina Wesson/Ethan Zohn/Kathy O'Brien
"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...and there it goes."--Bobby Hill
--"I will cut the head off of whoever it is that did this. I'm gonna take them out. I'm gonna slit their throat."

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-02, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-02 AT 06:03 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-07-02 AT 04:54 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-06-02 AT 09:40 PM (EST)

My impression/imagination is..Paschal wins RC, again, reward being a in-person visit with someone close to them.
This would kinda complicate secrecy agreements. Would there be 16 or 6 or 7 available guests..etc. Kathy saying
how "..seductive.." and the emotional reactions from the players could come from knowing what the reward is
. Paschal's reaction seems to be that of a winner's. The "honeymoon" could be Paschal's chance to redeem himself
for the Vee-brush-off, by sharing the reward, if allowed agiain, with Vee....Paschal/wife and Vee/fiance.

Would the non-reward winners, at least, get a video? I think after weeks, and knowing that someone close to you
is just around the corner, could cause the intense reactions. Losin that RC, would be major bumage. (MB ripping out human emotions).

Vee's elation might not be for winning IC, just for RC tie-ins.

EP11-"Why don't you just make 10 the best?...........You just don't get it,....... do you?" - Spinal Tap.

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-02, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Hexagon Game RC similar to the Newlywed Game?"
The following picture shows pretty clearly that Kathy is looking at a Hexagon game board:

I found a link to a HEXAGON GAME that a possible VARIATION might be suitable for the RC this week.

http://langue.hyper.chubu.ac.jp/jalt/pub/tlt/01/jun/sh_cribb.html

Many have suspected that family members are involved due to the obvious emotional reactions by many in the vid caps.

Could this RC be similar to the old Newlywed Game Show in which the Survivors are asked a question, and their family members must guess the answer (or vice versa)? Maybe the mention of "short lived honeymoon" is a play on words to this Newlywed Game Show style RC? I would think they could ask plenty of very emotional questions about the people they are closest to.

Someone help me out here: In previous weeks, I saw several mentions to a SEAN FAMILY VISIT spoiler. Is this dead, or could it be related to this weeks RC?

05-07-02, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Hexagon Game RC similar to the Newlywed Game?"
Kewl links.

Okay, everyone, one more time ...

The spoiler wasn't that Sean wins the family visit, only that he was still in the game when that happened. The original TP article also had it that the visit was by both parents and that a hot shower was involved, "the first the player had had" since starting the game (I forget the actual language at the moment, sorry: but the TP pieces are suspect anyway).

As far as the hexagons go, if this is the family visit then the likelihood, IMO, is that they are simply stepping stones, the castaway steps forward each time his/her answer matches the family's answer. Jiffy isn't going to spend 15 minutes explaining the game for the viewers at home, this is going to be fairly basic.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-02, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Hexagon Game RC similar to the Newlywed Game?"
Jiffy isn't going to spend 15 minutes explaining the game for the viewers at home, this is going to be fairly basic.

I agree. Thus my stipulation that it would be a VARIATION of the Hexagon Game described in the link.

Regardless, it appears many clues point to some type of game that involves family members or loved ones that provoke emotional reactions by the Survivors.

One other thing I noticed from the vid caps: (THANKS BUNGLER) In some, it appears the Survivors are very close together, holding each other.

In others, it appears they are solo.

Since Neleh appears to be looking ahead, IMO this indicates she might be behind (or losing) this challenge.

DABO - Thanks for updating the non-useful-spoiler information regarding Sean's family visit.

KevMo 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-07-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KevMo Click to send private message to KevMo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Hexagon Game RC similar to the Newlywed Game?"
>...and that a hot shower was involved,
>"the first the player had had" since starting
>the game ...

Minor point but wouldn't this eliminate Neleh and Paschal
from winning since they both just had presumably hot
showers on that big boat?

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Hexagon Game RC similar to the Newlywed Game?"
> The spoiler wasn't that Sean wins the family visit, only that he was still in the game
> when that happened. The original TP article also had it that the visit was by both
> parents and that a hot shower was involved, "the first the player had had" since
> starting the game (I forget the actual language at the moment, sorry: but the TP
> pieces are suspect anyway).

Here we go again....

I believe that the real spoiler for SNewser (or whatever his nick is), was that Sean was definately around the week of December 14th, or something like that. I think people were starting to speculate that this was because Sean was around during the family visit. Then people started linking this speculation to the Tahiti Press article and wondering if perhaps this meant a Sean win because of the pronouns used. Then we had a big, somewhat boring argument, about the French language.

So again, the original spoiler was simply saying that Sean was still in the game at some date, not necessarily during the family visit.

-MC

05-07-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
There are a couple of obvious things here that I'm sure people have noticed, but no one has specifically commented on.

The 'sad' photos #08 of a crying Kathy and #14 of Paschal saying "It takes an experience like this...", and the 'concerned photo #12 of Kathy in eyeglasses, and #13 of Paschal with Robert are taken in different places & times as evident from buffs, clothing, background, lighting, etc. #08 and #14 appear to be confessionals at Soliantu. #12 and #13 appear to be at challenge beach.

So therefore photos #09, 10 & 11 of Sean & NeleH are reactions to a challenge and not whatever sad event Paschal is talking about in #14.

We know from the other set of Ep 11 preview photos that one challenge involves slingshots. Look at the close-up photo of Kathy's eyeglasses again.

There are 6 rows of multi-colored discs laying on the ground. I can't see the colors clearly, but there could be as many as six colors randomly distributed in the grid of discs. Can we rule out that these discs are not the targets of a slingshot competition? In S2 and S3, the targets were hanging, but I don't see why targets could not be laying on the ground. In S2 and S3, the slingshot competition was for IC. Is this the IC rather than the RC?

There is the quote, also from the other set of vidcaps, that a "young Princess becomes a new target." A slingshot target? Would Sean & Vee go after NeleH's discs first, rather than Robert's? Both were shown complaining about neleH in Ep 10. Then again, Robert does not seem to like Vee (or Sean) at all, so he would likely take out Vee's discs if he could. If this is the slingshot IC, then probably Robert & neleH are the first taken out of contention.

The slingshot competition is fun, because everyone gets to see who shoots at whose targets, and thus who is least/most favored by the people remaining in the game.

Swami

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-02, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
>
>The 'sad' photos #08 of a
>crying Kathy and #14 of
>Paschal saying "It takes an
>experience like this...", and the
>'concerned photo #12 of Kathy
>in eyeglasses, and #13 of
>Paschal with Robert are taken
>in different places & times
>as evident from buffs, clothing,
>background, lighting, etc. #08
>and #14 appear to be
>confessionals at Soliantu. #12
>and #13 appear to be
>at challenge beach.
>
>So therefore photos #09, 10 &
>11 of Sean & NeleH
>are reactions to a challenge
>and not whatever sad event
>Paschal is talking about in
>#14.

Not necessarily true. Pappy could just be talking about his reaction to the family challenge, after the fact, back at camp.

>We know from the other set
>of Ep 11 preview photos
>that one challenge involves slingshots.
> Look at the close-up
>photo of Kathy's eyeglasses again.
>
>
>There are 6 rows of multi-colored
>discs laying on the ground.
> I can't see the
>colors clearly, but there could
>be as many as six
>colors randomly distributed in the
>grid of discs. Can
>we rule out that these
>discs are not the targets
>of a slingshot competition?
>In S2 and S3, the
>targets were hanging, but I
>don't see why targets could
>not be laying on the
>ground. In S2 and
>S3, the slingshot competition was
>for IC. Is this
>the IC rather than the
>RC?

Although it is possible those disks are slingshot targets, I doubt it. The disks challenge is where everyone seems so emotional, evidenced by Kathy's facial expression when we see the disks in her glasses. Why would they get so emotional over the rules or playing of the IC? Also, many of the pictures have the survivors standing together in what seems to be a line shoulder to shoulder. Not a likely configuration for a sling shot challenge for them to be so close to one another. Also, Vee is wearing her bathing suit top in her "emotional" picture and a different (beige) top in the pic of her holding the sling shot.

I think we have been given pieces of both challenges. RC is a Q&A with the families (via video?) where they get to move ahead on the disks when they answer correctly, winner get to spend time with family member(s). I think most of us have come to that conclusion, rightly or wrongly.

The IC is the slingshot (Vee is is different clothes). The question is whether it is an elimination, which I doubt because they just did that with the coconuts, or an accuracy contest.

If elimination, Robert has no chance. If accuracy, his strength might help him, but Vee is an ex-military marksman. I think even basic rifle accuracy training would help here, so she would have the upper hand in that event.

05-07-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
The disks challenge is where everyone seems so emotional, evidenced by Kathy's facial expression when we see the disks in her glasses. Why would they get so emotional over the rules or playing of the IC?

I read Kathy's facial expression in the vidcap with dark glasses as 'concerned/thoughtful', not 'emotional' as in the photos taken at Soliantu. Survivors watching the challenges are often visibly emotional over various aspects of the game, cheering someone when they do well, or being visibly disappointed when they do not do as well as hoped.

many of the pictures have the Survivors standing together in what seems to be a line shoulder to shoulder

Not too sure which photos you mean here. They walk to the challenge in a line. Then there are photos of some Survivors watching closely, like the one of Paschal & Vee seated while Kathy stands to their right (her shorts, her ring, it's Kathy.) In this shot, Vee is wearing the same short sleeved beige shirt she is shown posing with in the slingshot-holding pics. Sitting/standing like this on challenge beach is more consistent with contestants who have been eliminated, rather than waiting to begin a challenge.

Vee is wearing her bathing suit top in her "emotional" picture and a different (beige) top in the pic of her holding the sling shot.

Setting of emotional shots is not entirely clear to me. She is clearly sitting on challenge beach wearing same beige top as in slingshot photos. Her buff moves from her head in the slingshot pose to her wrist in the seated pose, but the beige top is consistent. Paschal, of course, wears his blue shirt 24/7.

The question is whether it is an elimination, which I doubt because they just did that with the coconuts, or an accuracy contest.

I see no compelling reason not to have an elimination contest in Ep 11. There may be more than one elimination contest in each game. Ep 10 featured a combination elimination/race with the shell-diving & rock hauling RC. IC was a fire building race.

The RC is likely a family-related Q&E, but I think if grid is used to track the Survivors as they advance towards winning then the discs would be spaced more to demonstrate someone going ahead, not all bunched tightly together as they are shown.

(Spidey, if I remember, and not too much time goes by I will dig out the photos I mean & post them here (they are scattered over several threads.) Right now I am dueling with my daughter over who gets to use the computer, and I guess her school work takes precedence over my Survivor addiction.)

Swami

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-02, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-02 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-07-02 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

Re my previous post about a Pappy win - I also have been thinking about "the honeymoon is short-lived" CBS comment.

If Pappy won this could relate to him in that maybe he and his wife never had the chance to take a honeymoon when they were first married (he HAS been a very busy guy with military service and his judgeship) and he comments something like "this is the honeymoon we never had" thus the honeymoon is short-lived. Or that this "marquesan vacation" is like a second honeymoon? I am still leaning toward a Pappy reward challenge win.

It has also been discussed that it seems a strange coincidence that V's honeymoon would be this week and it would obviously be short-lived if she were booted and had to make the round of TV appearances. Does anyone think this is more than just a "clever" play on words?

If the General were to pull out another immunity win this week the group would be forced for the first time to canabalize one of their own. I really believe that N/P would continue to be allianged with K if for no other reason that they have literally been with her the whole run. That leaves S or V. I would doubt that Pappy would want to vote S first because of the bonding experience that they had on their feast RC. We haven't really been shown any bond at all between V and N/P that I am aware of.

05-07-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
37. ""First Shower" and Robert with the IC"
One of the other thresds had this comment from CBS - "one of the survivors gets their first shower since getting to the island." I have not seen or heard this comment personally, but wanted to see if anyone could affirm or deny that statement. If the statement is true than Pappy could not be the winner. We need to root this comment out and use it. Pappy definitely has an advantage in this challenge as a married man, but this statement would disqualify him.

Robert CANNOT win the IC if it is the slingshot. He is too obvious a target and he will definitely get ousted early. Vee does seem to be a good bet based on the vid-cap of her with the slingshot, her low profile and the fact that she has Sean protecting her - between the two of them they have a good chance of taking out P/N/K.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-08-02, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "nope"
>One of the other thresds had
>this comment from CBS -
>"one of the survivors gets
>their first shower since getting
>to the island." I
>have not seen or heard
>this comment personally, but wanted
>to see if anyone could
>affirm or deny that statement.

...let me go right ahead and deny that statement. The statement you are referring to came from the infamous TP article w/ gender vagueness, not from CBS. In other words, it don't mean nothing.

05-08-02, 02:14 AM (EST)
41. "RE: nope"
Scratching "check CBS for a shower statement" off my list of things to do. TY, shakes.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

05-08-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
44. "RE: nope"
Thanks. Was wondering how much credence to give that and the answer is...none.

Mikami 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mikami Click to send private message to Mikami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: nope"
"It don't mean nothing" - Shakes the Clown

I expect better grammar from you Shakes.

-Mikami

rslechwar 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-02, 03:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rslechwar Click to send private message to rslechwar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bungler. You surely don't realize the great job that yourself and the rest of the people are doing to provide up to the minute Survivor info! In my present situation, your info is invaluable. I am presently working in Germany for the US Government and though we get to watch Survivor on AFN (Armed Forces Network), it is not until Friday evening (1pm for those of you on the east coast) and we certainly do not get shown the previews for the next episode or the mid-week teasers. So you providing these little tid-bits is a great way to keep up and with the series and to follow some of the spoilers since otherwise, I wouldn't have a clue what everyone was talking about. Again, a big thanks to you and everyone else on this board, for providing a small bit of 'home'! I now return to my 'lurking' mode!

Rod

P.S. Yes, the temptation is too great and come Friday mornings, the first thing I do at work (your tax payers money at work) is log-on and check to see what happened on Survivor the night before, then go home and watch it that night!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •