The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Princess Theory"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Princess Theory"
I feel too new to start a new thread, but I didn't see an appropriate place to put this theory, and it does combine info from several different threads. I'm changing my boot vote.

I think Vee goes tonight, and I think she walks. I don't think there will be an IC or a tribal council.

Swami, H2Rc3po(??) and JeffGator remember reading about Vee's grandfather dying during filming. See this discussion: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2712.shtml

Here's my prediction:

1. The survivors wake up hungry, blah, blah, Kathy snags a shark, blah, blah, Happy Birthday Vee and so on.

2. They have the much-publicized RC (Vee is shown in these pics). Two people go off, do fun stuff, come back and brag.

3. IC Tree-mail! Vee and Sean are instructed to go fetch. (Yes, I think they are instructed as to who fetches, because some of the pairings have looked contrived in the past). The directors know the bad news that awaits so they obviously send Vee and they send Sean, Vee's closest "friend," to accompany her.

4. Bad news: there's been a death in the family.

5. IC and TC are cancelled a la Skupin's exit. (There has been no hint of an IC in previews which is very Skupin-esque. All focus is on RC, Birthday, bad news, and Kathy the fisherwoman).

6. Vee is the "sad survivor will be the next to walk" (quote from "ET sneak peak" discussion. That *sad* statement is really bugging me, too, WendyP).

Finally, "Princess" is one of those common pet names a grampa would call his granddaughter. Is MB dedicating the episode to Vee?

I know I'm out on a limb, folks. But to me it all adds up. What are your thoughts? Please be kind. I'm new and feeling kinda vulnerable.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Princess Theory DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 05-02-02 1
 RE: The Princess Theory bongbear78 05-02-02 2
   RE: The Princess Theory Gap 05-02-02 3
       RE: The Princess Theory frisky 05-02-02 5
 RE: The Princess Theory I_AM_HE 05-02-02 4
   RE: The Princess Theory frisky 05-02-02 6
       RE: The Princess Theory PagongRatEater 05-02-02 13
 though certainly plausible.... MikeD 05-02-02 7
   RE: though certainly plausible.... Gap 05-02-02 8
       RE: though certainly plausible.... Kokoro 05-02-02 17
 RE: The Princess Theory Squarepants party of one 05-02-02 9
 RE: The Princess Theory jayseae 05-02-02 10
   RE: The Princess Theory frisky 05-02-02 11
 RE: The Princess Theory Granvil the 4th 05-02-02 12
 RE: The Princess Theory SurvivinDawg 05-02-02 14
   Its possible? MikeD 05-02-02 15
       RE: Its possible? leadballoon 05-02-02 16
   RE: The Princess Theory janisella 05-02-02 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-02, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to send private message to DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Princess Theory"
well...considering what we have to go on this week, this is just as good as the rest of the theories we have going

bongbear78 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-02-02, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongbear78 Click to send private message to bongbear78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Princess Theory"
Wow... it's plauisble... Perhaps "princess" is brought up as Vee reminisces...

I don't think it would happen, but could not give any reason other than gut instinct as to why not. And my gut is big, my gut is strong, my gut is all knowing...

Vee is in the Final Two.

Mike Skrupin gets to replace Vee.

lol

Bongbear

Gap 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-02-02, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gap Click to send private message to Gap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Princess Theory"
Why does Vee have to walk? She could get the bad news and decide to stay, thanks to the comfort of her new friends. It would also explain the rumored importance of religion in this Survivor. I would imagine Paschal and Neleh, as the other two religious devotees, would rush to comfort Vecepia, pray with her, and generally form a very tight bond of four with Kathy as the fifth wheel.

05-02-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Princess Theory"
The reason that I conclude that she walks is based on the quote from the ET review that asks which "sad survivor will be the next to walk." It just bugged and bugged me. I kept getting stuck on the word "sad." The emotion just doesn't fit the circumstances. Disappointed, disgruntled, surprised, angry, shocked? Sure. Sad? Well, maybe, but it is just a really "dark" emotion that doesn't seem to fit.

Vee walking would explain the absence of IC clues (going back to the Outback here).

I can appreciate that the survivors will have formed a tight bond with one another, especially since they beat the odds against the Rotu 4, and given the "cabin fever" effect of being together on an island all this time. Of course, they will all rush to Vee's side if there is indeed a death in her family. However, blood is thicker than water. I think that Vee would want to be with her family rather than continue playing a game with some people she just met a few weeks ago.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Princess Theory"
the thing i don't buy about the homesick theories is that they'd still be quarantined at Loser Lodge. There would be absolutely no point in giving up, cause you're not leaving the island. Maybe taht wouldn't be the case for a death in the family, but...

05-02-02, 04:06 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Princess Theory"
I saw this on another thread when I was researching my theory and I did consider it.

I think that if there was a death, it would be up to the person to decide whether or not they left the game. They certainly couldn't (or wouldn't) force someone to stay in the game or on the island if they had a death in the family, unless a real meanie drew up the contract (EPM?)

That said, it would certainly make things difficult for EPM if someone left the island to attend a funeral, comfort family, etc. because of the great number of family members and friends that attend a funeral. Once Vecepia was confirmed as a contestant on the show, there are a lot of people who had an opportunity to leak that info.

Now I'm flaming my own theory.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Princess Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-02 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

Wasn't there a rumor that there was a tie vote at the Final TC? My memory isn't good enough to remember if it was a rumor or just pure speculation, if that rumor were true then this would fit that scenario...Vee goes home and there is a six person jury.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-02-02, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "though certainly plausible...."
and very convincing, i cant help but think this theory is a bit mean-spirited for someone who has come so far in the game - "hey vee - not only has your grandfather died, but you've also lost a million dollars and the survivor title"

Gap 10 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gap Click to send private message to Gap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: though certainly plausible...."
If Vee walks at this point, wouldn't she leave with absolutely nothing? Not even the few thousand that the next bootee will get.
I think sad could also apply to any of the survivors. They will all probably be bummed out by Vee's situation. Remember that we've already been told the rewardee returns to a camp full of "stone-faced" people.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-02-02, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: though certainly plausible...."
<<Not even the few thousand that the next bootee will get.>>

Few thousand? 7th place is about 40k before taxes

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Stop Discrimination Now

Squarepants party of one 62 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to send private message to Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Princess Theory"
You've got to remember that at this time in the game they have been out there for 28 or 29 days. There are only 10 days left in the game and there is nothing that says that she will even get that far. For this reason I don't think that Vee will walk away from the game.
Maybe the reward is a call home and on her birthday that would be a great reward. And maybe she gets her heart set on the call and ends up losing it. That could be why she is crying. Just a thought......I could be wrong.

Longlive Sponge Bob

jayseae 68 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jayseae Click to send private message to jayseae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Princess Theory"
<<I think Vee goes tonight, and I think she walks. I don't think there will be an IC or a tribal council.>>

Frisky, I don't care what anyone says, I think this is a heck of a theory. It could very well add up this way. I like the theory that the bad news comes, but I don't see it leading to her taking a walk. It could happen, of course. But I agree that we might see the long-rumored religious experience if the death in the family turns out to be true. Good luck, though, and welcome to Blows...

05-02-02, 04:34 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Princess Theory"
Hey, thanks!!!

I thought I had looked through the boards very thoroughly when I came up with this, but obviously I've missed something. I keep hearing about this "religious experience" thing. Can someone tell me where this discussion took place on the board? Or just give me the gist of the spoiler? Thanks!

Granvil the 4th 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-02-02, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Granvil%20the%204th Click to send private message to Granvil%20the%204th Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Princess Theory"
One thing to add: IF Vee is allowed to leave to attend the funeral, would that mean Rob fills her slot on the jury? Did we have any comments from Rob saying keep watching or am I just thinking of John? (I know John said that, but I can't remember if Rob did too or not . . .)

G

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Princess Theory"
The theory is interesting, but I suspect things like this are covered in the contract. I would imagine that she would be discouraged to leave. It may even be that MB has told them that they will have *no* outside contact except for a possible RC winner. So Vee would probably not be told about this family death until the game was over.

But if they did tell her: I guess they couldn't hold Vee against her will, but if she flew back home early she'd probably have to buy her own ticket back. I can also imagine that some spoiler info on this would've come out (was she AT her grandfather's funeral? for example).

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-02-02, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Its possible?"
Vee might be crying becuz its her birthday and she really wanted to win this reward challenge (meeting her family on the cruise ship). Ya think?

leadballoon 16 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leadballoon Click to send private message to leadballoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Its possible?"
If I remember correctly. I think Gervase was told a baby was born or was it just a phone call home.
I think these two speculations are a lot closer than as Princess refering to Neleh is.
I think we are back to the norm after a couple weeks of unpredictable episodes.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-02-02, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Princess Theory"
somebody already mentioned on another thread that Vee's grandmother did indeed die on Vee's birthday, but the funeral service wasn't held until Dec. 27th (we even have people who check obits and funeral home schedules on this board). I'm guessing the family did it that way so Vee could be there.

That being said, the theory that Vee is so upset she quits the game is very interesting, especially in view of the lack of immunity teasers out there (just like the week of the skupining).

I took "walk" as a reference to "walk of shame" coined by Lex in S3, but it could refer to "walking out".

We'll soon see.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •