The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Chasing IC#10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jayseae 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-02, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jayseae Click to send private message to jayseae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Chasing IC#10"
NorthOfBoston mentions in the vote thread that storytime is usually with 7 remaining survivors. Unless I'm mistaken, this was only last season. Here are the prior occasions of the story challenge.

Africa, Episode 10 of 13. Challenge Name: African Folklore. Castaways remaining: 7. Bootee: Frank.

Outback, Episode 12 of 14. Challenge Name: Fugitives. Castaways remaining: 5. Bootee: Rodger.

Pulua Tiga, Episode 12 of 13. Challenge Name: Witch Hunt. Castaways remaining: 5. Bootee: Sean.

Which means it could really go either way. If the 'new format' is to have storytime at 7 castaways, that's what we'll see next. But it doesn't seem to be apparent that it must be that way. I also seem to recall seeing all of those prior stories hyped in a preview. So I'd lean against it being storytime in episode 10 for that reason unless they show up in the ET preview - but who knows? Anyone have any other ideas for an IC we haven't seen yet? I think it's too early for the "second chance" challenge. Definitely for "fallen comrades". The "food auction" is typically done for RC. How about a fire-starting challenge? Will we see Paschal do the Dicque Dance?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Chasing IC#10 Spidey 05-02-02 1
   RE: Chasing IC#10 SurvivinDawg 05-02-02 2
       RE: Chasing IC#10 Outfrontgirl 05-02-02 5
           RE: Chasing IC#10 SurvivinDawg 05-02-02 6
               RE: Chasing IC#10 I_AM_HE 05-02-02 7
               RE: Chasing IC#10 Outfrontgirl 05-02-02 9
 RE: Chasing IC#10 PagongRatEater 05-02-02 3
   RE: Chasing IC#10 jayseae 05-02-02 4
   RE: Chasing IC#10 sittem 05-02-02 8
       RE: Chasing IC#10 Loree 05-02-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
I understand MB has said there is at least one IC in the water. I don't think the merge IC balancing on the boards counts. But would they do both an RC and IC in the water in the span of 2 days? I would really be concerned about someone (Robert!) drowning! The reason I think water as opposed to fire is because water is the more powerful symbol here, whereas in Africa it was fire, t/f the fire starting challenge.

Given that the title of Ep. 12 is Tale of Two Cities, I am leaning towards this being Jiffy's lame story IC, when 5 would be remaining.

We haven't seen anything with javelins yet. Isn't that a typical Marquesan activity?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
I understand MB has said there is at least one IC in the water.

MB always does a "combo" IC based on a collection of previous IC and RC challenges. If he continues that trend, I'd expect that would be where the water IC occurs.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
Good catch, Dawg!
Yes, it fits well for the water immunity to be an element of the Super Recycled or Second Chance or SuCha...

Jiffy also put an emphasis on them getting no fire help this season and fire is still life at TC.

I'm thinking Fire-Starting tonight and Folklore next week, as was surmised with Tale of Two Cities. I too was thinking that the folklore IC has always gotten promo coverage in the past.

I think we've seen the RC, and nothing but the RC this week.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
Thanks for the props, OFG!

I'm thinking it's a memory challenge... like in S-III, the "concentration" challenge where they had the box with 9 items and the players had to go out and get the stuff and put them in the right slots... I think it's something like that... and Kathy will win.

A firestarting challenge that is anywhere near physical favors Tammy... and I just don't think it's going to be an IC that favors Tammy in any way.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-02 AT 06:37 PM (EST)

i think a physical firestarting challenge favors Sean
Tammy would also be a strong threat though

however, if there is to be a recycled challenge (and assuming it is IC and not RC...a big if, imo) i think it would have to be next week or this week

this is how I see the remaining ICs shaping up:
F7 IC- firestarting or memory? (i agree its about time for a purely mental IC...although none of the ICs post merge have been overly physical...the balancing challenge is somewhat physical, the coconut chop wasn't at all, and the stilts..please, that was as lame as the kite RC, if only because of their incompetence on stilts)
F6 IC- recycled or something else? perhaps firestarting or memory could fit the bill here as well (whichever is not used this week), with the recycled challenge being RC at F6
F5 IC- story time
F4 IC- fallen comrades
F3 IC- hands on the immunity idol

EDIT to say we also usually are given previews of the super recycled challenge, so this makes me believe it has to be RC or IC NEXT week.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-02 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

Yes, it could well be concentration/Paired Off Dawg (won by Ethan and Colby in the past).

I think a realtor develops a very keen visual memory because of constantly going and seeing properties and needing to remember details about them.

SuCha was the final RC in S2, and the Ep 12 IC that Tbird needed to win in S3, so it could go either way, depending I suppose on whether Burnett wants to keep a man in the game... And since the men are dwindling, I suspect he will... the physical elements would favor Sean of those that remain. I remember how Tbird and MamaKim just sucked at that challenge.

So, to revise spec:
Ep 10: memory?
Ep 11 Fire-starting?
Ep 12 Folklore
Ep 13 Fallen Comrades and then Endurance/Balance (which Kathy will win if she's still there).

I guess we'll know soon enough.
Edit: duh, but I left the SuCha out of the IC list after giving a reason Burnett would use it...
I just can't see Fire-starting being left out of the IC's; it's too symbolic of the survival experience. Plus it always involves buckets of water, so it's dual symbolism.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-02 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but do we know for sure that the underwater challenge is the RC instead of the IC? Are we being misled on this one? The fact that they are on the shore with the cruise ship in the background when Jeff is announcing the RC and then they are on the diving board with Jeff later COULD support that possibility. It could also just be where they meet before they go to shore. I think this is a decent possibility.

Alernatively, is it possible that there are two water challenges - the race that we saw AND a separate "hold your breath" competition? I don't think so either, but just throwing it out there.

Has EMB hidden the IC right under our very eyes?

jayseae 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-02, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jayseae Click to send private message to jayseae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
<<...do we know for sure that the underwater challenge is the RC instead of the IC?>>

PRE, great question. I've had the same thought myself. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have much in the way of evidence either way. That said, it typically seems that we see more of RC than IC - take last week, where we had one tiny pic of Zoe on stilts. Of course, we had little RC, too. I just don't know. Doesn't seem to be any evidence either way.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-02-02, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
I've been wondering the same - I've been thinking all along that IC is more likely to be in the water than on land.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-02, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Chasing IC#10"
On Access Hollywood they just said that the players do an island version of musical chairs tonight. I have no idea what that means.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •