The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pre-Spoilers Predictions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-07-09, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pre-Spoilers Predictions"
I think in many ways, this week is the most pivotal so far. The boots up until now have been deserved, in my opinion, but also a lot of the pre-season hype hasn't been delivered. That brings us to this week when some of the favorites could start to be booted. Lets ask some questions and make some predictions before the spoilers start to leak.

(1) Lil has been a complete bust so far, compared to the pre-top-13 buzz. Will she finally choose a good song and deliver whta we saw during the auditions and Hollywood?

(2) Kris has been this season's 'surprise' and has been consistently getting better, gaining more fans and delivering solid performances. Will this roll continue this week and make him a contender?

(3) Matt has been the most inconsistent, IMO. Which direction will he go this week? Will he again try his rock side, or will he follow the judges suggestions and return to the R&B-Timberlake-falsetto route?

(4) Simple question. Which Adam will we see this week? The toned-down side, or the other Adam?

(5) Personally, i think this week is Scott's to win or lose. I'm not sure what he needs to do to stay around, but i think if he goes and does another 'easy-listening piano ballad', he's toast. Will he?

(6) Allison. I love this girl, but why is she not getting fans? What does she need to do to not be in the bottom 3 again?

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions Glow 04-07-09 1
 RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions Snidget 04-07-09 2
   RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions zazzy 04-07-09 3
   RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions Starshine 04-07-09 5
   RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions DoodleBug 04-07-09 8
 RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions zazzy 04-07-09 4
 RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions Belle Book 04-07-09 7
 RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions DoodleBug 04-07-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-09, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions"
(1) Lil has been a complete bust so far, compared to the pre-top-13 buzz. Will she finally choose a good song and deliver whta we saw during the auditions and Hollywood?
You know. I don't even remember what she did during auditions or Hollywood. I remember that I liked her though. I liked what she did to get into the Top 13. I hope she quits coasting. I'd like to see her stick around for a couple more weeks.

(2) Kris has been this season's 'surprise' and has been consistently getting better, gaining more fans and delivering solid performances. Will this roll continue this week and make him a contender?
yes

(3) Matt has been the most inconsistent, IMO. Which direction will he go this week? Will he again try his rock side, or will he follow the judges suggestions and return to the R&B-Timberlake-falsetto route?
Matt should do whatever he is comfortable doing. No more karaoke. There's not much he can do at this point, I don't think. He made the tour. He's made it at least as far as (far superior in every conceivable way... in my humble opinion, naturally) Michael Johns did last year. It doesn't matter if he goes out 8th or 4th. If he makes it farther than 4th, you can color me shocked.

(4) Simple question. Which Adam will we see this week? The toned-down side, or the other Adam?
hmmm. I don't think last week was too far out there. I mean, certainly the hip thrusting and whatnot was a little to risky for the cameraman, but other than that it was pretty tame. I could get behind another out there performance, of course. I'm all for Stevie or Billy tonight. Or Flock of Seagulls!

(5) Personally, i think this week is Scott's to win or lose. I'm not sure what he needs to do to stay around, but i think if he goes and does another 'easy-listening piano ballad', he's toast. Will he?
I don't think there's anything he can do at this point. Might as well go out there and be himself. He has an awesome personality and sense of humor but his soft rock piano-playing isn't buying him any additional votes. Though if he has a decent to good performance, I think people will still vote for him because they think it means they're a better person. *whispers* because of his "challenge"

(6) Allison. I love this girl, but why is she not getting fans?
She needs polished.
What does she need to do to not be in the bottom 3 again?
be better

"What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there." - Tahj

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-09, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions"
It's seems a bit early to see one of the front runners go out.

But we are definitely getting into the middle of the pack boots rather than the obvious fodder boots.

So I wouldn't expect to see Adam, Danny or probably either Lil or Kris in trouble right about now. I believe none of them have been in the bottom three at any point in the finals so I'd be shocked to see any of them go. However seeing them in the bottom three in the next couple of weeks may show who has weaknesses in their fan base.

Allison doesn't have a consistent fan base. She does well with show pimpage, but not so well when she doesn't get that.

Anoop's never looked like a front runner to me, and how many UNC students are going to be paying attention to Idol the day after the NCAA championship game. I bet he loses the state of Michigan on the Geopredictions.

Matt has consistency issues and I think a lot of his potential fan base will also be from the Kris or Danny pool so unless he does great and they both tank he may have problems.

Scott. Pity really only gets you so far, and there really hasn't been a moment that makes him stand out other than he doesn't know where the mic is when he lip syncs.

Allison and Anoop may both have OMG they were bottom two last week vote bounces. Scott and Matt don't have that this week.

So my predictions are likely to be bottom three

Anoop, Scott and Matt seem to be my likely bottom three baring something really going way wrong for the four front runners and Allison not getting a "we have to save her" bump.

Lil is really going to have to peeve off her built in fan base (Diva voters) to be much of a risk for a couple of days. I'd love to see Allison stay in longer than her, but I think the Diva will have more voters longer than the Rock Chick will.

When Adam goes strange he really seems to energize the like that about him voters, when he goes more mainstream he gets a lot of other votes. If we see a full out drag performance in a dress with padding we'll know he's really tired of the show and I do not think we will see anything strange enough to really turn the voting all the way off (may effect the win, but not get him out at this stage). Danny could probably perform nude with prancing sheep or rabbits in thongs on stage and still get voted through (its an Easter ritual, really). Like I said for Lil the Diva voters don't have anywhere else to turn other than Adam. Kris, I think, has the OMG he's cute tweener vote (Danny has the Christian Frau vote) so I can't see him going anywhere any time soon.

Well, enough babbling.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-07-09, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions"
Snidget, you are cracking me up! Christian Frau vote, lol! Dress with padding!

I agree with your assessments, too, especially Michigan.

Tonight 2-4 people will get panned. 4 people will get pimped.

Last week Anoop got the "we're done with you" depimpage. I expect that to continue.

Allison can't get depimped tonight because if they do depimp her she could be the boot. (Unless we get the boot and save stuff, yawn).

Adam does not seem like one to deliver something that could be depimped. Adam for continued pimpage.

Scott got pimped a lot last week; it feels like time to start the depimpage. However, the rumors I am reading about his song make it sound like he could do really well this week, but I have to take that as really well in Scott terms and he has never had "it" for me.

Matt--his arc is over. Kris is ascending instead of Matt. Matt for depimpage or mixed reviews this week.

Lil is due for a really good performance and performance worthy pimpage. Not the how you sounded before the top 13, how you look, or how cute your kids are pimpage.

That leaves Kris and Danny. Danny may be in for depimping this week but I think both of them can turn in worthy performances.

So, depimpage: Anoop, Matt, and Scott
Pimpage: Adam, Allison, Lil (if her performance merits it), and Danny and/or Kris.

This could be the week one of the four who have not been in the bottom 3 gets depimped. Adam, Lil, Danny, or Kris. That's what makes it interesting.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-09, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions"
Is it OK to be frightened by the idea of rabbits in thongs?

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-09, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions"
Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking anything while reading your post or my screen would be a mess. You crack me up!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-07-09, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions"

--She has to. Period. I think she will have gotten some song selection help this week. She needs an idol "moment".

--Yes. He plays guitar, piano, viola, and one other instrument I can't remember. He can arrange music and he seems comfortable on the stage. He is refreshing after all the other front runners get boring to hear about. The judges have not yet raved over him, either, so either they start doing it or they keep it tempered with him because he wasn't supposed to outshine one of their chosen contenders.

--Matt seems to have live show nerves. I think his pimpage is drawing to a close, even if he takes the judges' advice. "Just not feeling it, dude".

--Adam will continue to surprise and delight. I'm guessing this is a rock week, not a toned down week.

--I think it's more in the judges' hands than in Scott's performance (unless he really, really wows with an idol "moment".) Time to start the judge depimpage.

(6) Allison. I love this girl, but why is she not getting fans? What does she need to do to not be in the bottom 3 again?

--She is overshadowed by so many talented guys. She needs to a) sing in the second half of the show, preferably "near pimpage" (next to last spot), and b) get praised to the roof by the judges. Pimpage. Plain ol' pimpage. Oh, and c) try not to sound the same every week. May be time for a slower song and an idol "moment" , perhaps?

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-07-09, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions"
(1) Lil has been a complete bust so far, compared to the pre-top-13 buzz. Will she finally choose a good song and deliver whta we saw during the auditions and Hollywood? I don't think she's been a complete bust, but I think too many others think so. I think she'll choose a great song and have an "Idol moment".

(2) Kris has been this season's 'surprise' and has been consistently getting better, gaining more fans and delivering solid performances. Will this roll continue this week and make him a contender? Yes.

(3) Matt has been the most inconsistent, IMO. Which direction will he go this week? Will he again try his rock side, or will he follow the judges suggestions and return to the R&B-Timberlake-falsetto route? He'll follow the judges' suggestion but it won't make much difference -- he'll be in the Bottom 3.

(4) Simple question. Which Adam will we see this week? The toned-down side, or the other Adam? I'd rather see the toned-down side but I'm afraid we'll see the other Adam and I'll be cringing and wincing.

(5) Personally, i think this week is Scott's to win or lose. I'm not sure what he needs to do to stay around, but i think if he goes and does another 'easy-listening piano ballad', he's toast. Will he? He might well be, but I think Anoop will go before him. Scott might be in the Bottom 3 again.

(6) Allison. I love this girl, but why is she not getting fans? What does she need to do to not be in the bottom 3 again? I guess she's just being overshadowed and her song choices aren't helping. She needs to have an "Idol moment".

Belle Book

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-09, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pre-Spoilers Predictions"
Great topic. It's fun to speculate - especially when it is 80's night - whoo! (well, everyone except Allison).

1. Lil - I agree, but she's got the votes so she must be doing something right... right?

2. Kris - Yes, I think he is on a roll and the roll will continue.

3. Matt - I actually think Anoop has been the most inconsistent. Someone else said that Matt has "live-show nerves" and I think you are exactly right - or he can't hear well. His recordings are awesome! He needs an ear piece and a shot of whiskey for the nerves!

4. Adam will be Adam. Love him or hate him, he'll be exactly how he wants to be. I haven't loved every performance, but I look forward to what he brings to the stage every week.

5. Scott should do his piano-ballad thing and go out on a high note. I hope he's on his way out after tonight.

6. Allison is young and immature and it shows. She needs a "grown-up" song so folks take her seriously, I think. Patty Smyth or Chrisse Hynde (are they 90's?). It's weird, I know plenty of people who say she is their favorite. But are they voting? Apparently not enough.

I guess Danny doesn't need mentioning because he's been consistently good: no bottom 3, no horrible comments from the judges, and no awful performances to date. Too bad his "story" has tainted so many viewers.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •