The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-18-03, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-03 AT 06:16 PM (EST)

I'm finally back on schedule after my vacation!

TARGAY Journal, Week Eight
By Larry Johnson

By popular request, this is my SHORT weekly column on The Amazing Race 4, reminiscent of my critically-lauded series entitled Gay Survivor Journal. It will be posted here every weekend, and is a Basherboard exclusive! For more reality-TV rants, check my website (UPDATED 7/18/03) at http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com

DRAMA QUEEN DEDUCTION
Looking perky as ever in her red strappy top and tiny bone colored shorts, Millie cried… yet again… at the thought of Chuck never proposing to her: “I want him to be happy… and if it’s not me… (unintelligible whining noises.)” Girl, after 12 years, I say: ‘No use crying over unspilled… milk!’ MOVE ON!!!

FASHION CITATION
This week’s citation is sort of a ‘cheer within a jeer.’ Surprisingly buff clown Jon ripped off his shirt after the lobster-trap challenge, and looked much better than predicted. Nonetheless, I am forced to offer a citation for the frighteningly pale color of his skin, which resembled the blue-white-translucent shade of nonfat milk. Note to Jon: A little sun (or perhaps a Clinique self-tanner if you're trying to be health conscious) would do wonders.

NICKNAME OF THE WEEK
For no clear reason, Dave and Jeff have now been nicknamed ‘the goats’ by Jon and Kelly.

LOOK OF THE WEEK
Breaking from the recent pattern of awarding this to Reichen and Chip every week, this week’s ‘Look of the Week’ goes to Jon and Kelly, in their cute backhanded-compliment T-shirts, which referenced their partner’s birthplace. Jon wore a tight red ‘Texas is for Lovers’ tee that mocked Kelly’s Southern roots, while Kelly’s tight navy ‘New Jersey: Only the Strong Survive’ tee slammed his Eastern origins.

CULTURAL (UN)AWARENESS MOMENT OF THE WEEK
As last-place Kelly and Jon learned that they were spared by this non-elimination round, Kelly proceeded to high-five the elegant traditionally-dressed Malaysian woman, with the comment: “High five, little lady!” At that moment, I was embarrassed to be an American.

HONORABLE MENTION QUOTES OF THE WEEK
Chip (about Millie and Chuck): “They might have halos over their head, but those halos get bent every now and then.”

Millie (about Chuck’s archery… but potentially about his bedroom skills as well): “I was so scared he was going to get in that downward spiral… and then just not be able to perform.”

BEST QUOTES OF THE WEEK
This week’s award goes to Jon, who kept us entertained with his overactive mouth.

Jon (to Reichen and Chip, who just came out to them, about Millie and Chuck, who just admitted to being virgins): “I can’t believe I’m sitting next to 25 year old virgins! Who cares about you guys? Virgins! Bring it on!”

Jon (to Kelly, who sat on the fish-bucket to keep them from jumping out): “I need you to help me… I mean… farting on the fish is not helping too much.”

Jon (to Kelly, during the blow dart section of the Roadblock): “Stick that thing in your mouth and just start blowing it!”

DIVAS OF THE WEEK
This week’s Divas would have to be Reichen and Chip, who waited for just the right moment (their anniversary) to come out to everyone. Sure, everyone already knew (come on, they called each other “honey” for god sakes) but their timing was impeccable, and the announcement drew them closer to the other teams… and each other… at a crucial time. You go, boys!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight mtopaz 07-18-03 1
 RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight MsShel330 07-18-03 2
 RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight tig_ger 07-18-03 3
 RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight TeamJoisey 07-19-03 4
   RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight cowboyroo 07-23-03 6
       RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight TeamJoisey 07-23-03 7
           RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight MongoPhi 07-24-03 9
 RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight Efjendar 07-20-03 5
 RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight L82LIFE 07-23-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-18-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
Larry,

If I was on TAR, I'd probably be getting your Fashion Citation every week, but somehow that only adds to my enjoyment of your weekly journal I look forward to this every Friday. Thanks!

Fashion-Impaired Topaz

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-18-03, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
Larry, that was great, right on the money.
Hmmm, I wonder if K/J called D/J "the goats" because of their bad facial hair? If so, that's an insult to goats.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-18-03, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
Girl, after 12 years, I say: ‘No use crying over unspilled… milk!’

Every week, Larry, every week. Be proud. You are the reason I would never go on television (without ten personal assistants to help my fashion challenged self)

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: The Holy Mother of Inclusion

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-19-03, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"

Good work Larry, as usual.

The Goats is most likely a reference to the Saturday Night Live character GoatBoy, as played by Jim Breuer. An obscure reference, but it reflects the depth of culture we find in Kelly and Jon.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-23-03, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
I think the goats thing refers to their goatees.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-23-03, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
Those are goatees? I thought it was a horrible shaving accident. This has to be the ugliest hair fad since the afro.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

MongoPhi 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-24-03, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MongoPhi Click to send private message to MongoPhi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
TeamJoisey, I am a newbie here but ya gotta lay off the afro. It's not a fad. Blonde hair on black women - that's a fad.

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-20-03, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
The rightful divas receive their crown! The Queen is dead, long live the Queens!

Larry, you are a wit!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-23-03, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TARGAY Journal, Week Eight"
I forgot about the, "High five, little lady" comment from Kelly. Thanks for refreshing the memory.

Another fantastic journal, Larry. You are MY Diva of the Year!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •