The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-30-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
The episode 12 title is "A Tale of Two Cities". Same source, Scott from EZ, as always.

Now the riddle is does this title refer to:

Charles Dicken's "A Tale of Two Cities" or

a memory chalenge of a story about 2 cities or

Two survivors from opposite backgrounds fighting it out at tribal council?

If Dickens, the most famous lines from the book are:

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I
have ever done; it is a far, far better rest
that I go to than I have ever known."

This could bring in the giving up the IN to someone else--perhaps Pappy's playing with dignity line from his wife?

Two cities? The line at the reward challenge between Sean and Pappy where Sean talks who would have thought a boy from Harlem and a judge from Georgia.

Spoil away.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... GuessItRains 04-30-02 1
 RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two... Solitaire 04-30-02 2
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... cowboyroo 04-30-02 3
   RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two... true 04-30-02 6
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... frisky 04-30-02 4
   RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... GuessItRains 04-30-02 7
 Episode 12 NOT Episode 11 zzz 04-30-02 5
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... steppingrazor42 04-30-02 8
   Gotta put my vote in weltek 04-30-02 9
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... MatineeIdol 04-30-02 10
   RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two... PepeLePew13 05-01-02 18
 RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two... Bebo 04-30-02 11
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... I_AM_HE 04-30-02 12
 RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two... SurvivaBear 04-30-02 13
 RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two... ulalame 04-30-02 14
   RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two... ShowMeTheWinner 05-01-02 17
   RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two... fyrenice 05-01-02 19
 Will this be S4's sacrifice episode... Bebo 04-30-02 15
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... danderoo 04-30-02 16
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... Teddy_Bear 05-01-02 20
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... SurvivinDawg 05-01-02 21
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... leadballoon 05-04-02 22
 RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two... Teddy_Bear 05-05-02 23
   Teddy_Bear rocks hattiebaker 05-10-02 26
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... pisspoorprotoplasm 05-08-02 24
 Now It's Obvious sweetpea 05-09-02 25
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... JeffGator 05-11-02 27
 RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two... Teddy_Bear 05-15-02 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-30-02, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
Sweetpea thanks as always for getting these so fast.

I'd have to say though that the most famous line from A Tale of Two Cities is the opening:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way."

One other thought might be that with 6 survivors left we get locked into an ultimate battle and an unbreakable 3-3 tie.

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
Could the title be referring to the "Jeff's Lame Story" immunity challenge? I know that this challenge was earlier on in Africa (Ep 11 I think), but I think it was an Ep 12 Challenge on S1.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-02 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

The first thing I thought of when I read this was a tie vote between Sean/Pappy. I would say for that to happen, Robert and Tammy would have to go this and week and whoever is left win immunity Episode 12.

At that point we'd have S/V, N/P and Kathy. Maybe Kathy votes on her own creating a tie situation? Or possibly, there is a sacrafice of giving over Immunity? Sean/Pappy would fit the Tale of Two Cities theme but of course it can be anyone. This show gets better and better every week!

**Edited to realize I can't count for beans! Thanks for pointing out I was wrong on Ep. Numbers!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
By episode 12, there will only be 5 left. A tie isn't possible.

Episode 10-The Princess, 7
Episode 11- Marquesan Vacation, 6
Episode 12- A Tale of Two Cities, 5

~ true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
My first thought was tale = story, but you've brought up other good possibilities.

Maybe a survivor makes a reference to the novel the same way that Rob referenced the Godfathah. Who knows, with MB, it could be something so simple as a survivor mumbling "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." But then, what would cause such mumblage? Maybe the tribe is down to the "likeables" (best of times) and they have to start voting each other off (worst of times)?

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
Interesting thought frisky. This would of course tie in with Robert and Tammy being the next two to go. The 5 member alliance would be excited that they had "won" the game by outwitting the Rotu4 but would now have the difficult task of voting out members of their own alliance.

The 2 Marqesan cities idea is also a good one. In both S1 and S2 the memory challenge was done in E12 (Kelly and Colby won). In S3 the memory challenge was the egg-breaking one done as the IC in E10.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Episode 12 NOT Episode 11"
I think there has been some confusion because the subject line (which I understand cannot be edited) in the original post mistakenly says Episode 11 rather that Episode 12 as was intended. In Episode 12 there will be only FIVE people voting at tribal council. Thus, any theories that include the possibility of a tie vote for this episode should be dismissed.

The theory that I like the best, however, (as others have suggested) is that this episode includes a story about two cities in the Marquesas that are the basis for a challenge (as we have seen similar "story" challenges before). An alternative theory would include someone sacrificing himself or herself, but I tend to doubt it.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
The first possibility that comes to my head is the whole "Best of times, worst of times" thing. With only 5 people left some know that they'll make it to the final 4, and one person will be sent packing. Maybe this indicates a K/S/V/N/P final 5...everyone is getting along but the looming dread of voting someone off creates huge tension. But "A Tale of 2 Cities" also is set in the time of revolution....maybe another power shift will happen...or maybe that's reading too deep into the title. It is a very interesting title...I hope it's not just refering to the stupid story Jiffy tells.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Gotta put my vote in"
I think it's "Jeff's Lame Story" time. It has to happen sometime on an island rich with history. It could parallel what is happening in camp (two seperate alliance groups), but that of course is likely to happen anyway.

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
I did a little digging around on the internet to see if there is a historical "two cities" involving the Marquesas Islands - thought this might be the basis of the suspected "story" challenge. The best I found is that the Marquesas Islands are divided into two seperate groups - but I don't know why they would be referred to as "cities". This probably means absolutely nothing, but I thought I would post some of what I found:

"Marquesas Islands , volcanic group (1996 pop. 8,064), South Pacific, a part of French Polynesia. There are 12 islands in the group, which lies c.740 mi (1,190 km) NE of Tahiti. The largest island is Nuku Hiva the seat of the capital, Taiohae; the second largest, Hiva Oa is the site of Atuona, the former capital. The Marquesas, famous for their rugged beauty, are fertile and mountainous, rising to 3.904 ft (1,190 m) on Hiva Oa. Taiohae Bay, on Nuka Hiva, and the Bay of Traitors, on Hiva Oa, are the major harbors. The islands are divided into two groups. The southern cluster (sometimes called the Mendaña Islands), including Fatu Huku, Hiva Oa, Tahuata, Mohotani, and Fatu Hiva, was discovered in 1595 by the Spanish navigator Alvaro de Mendaña de Neira; the northern group (sometimes called the Washington Islands), including Hatutu, Eiao, Motu Iti, Nuku Hiva, Ua Huku, Ua Pou, and Motu One, was discovered in 1791 by the American navigator Captain Joseph Ingraham. In 1813, Commodore David Porter claimed Nuku Hiva for the United States, naming it Madison Island, but the U.S. Congress never ratified the claim. France took possession of the islands in 1842 and established a settlement on Nuku Hiva, which was abandoned in 1859. In 1870 the French administration over the Marquesas was reinstated. Of all the Polynesian peoples, the Marquesans suffered the greatest decline from the spread of European diseases; in the 1850s they numbered some 20,000, about three times the present population. The islands are the setting for Herman Melville's novel Typee."

There is a ton more info there, some info regarding tribal rituals (which may be used in the challenge, when and if it ever occurs).If you want more info here is the website:

http://www.tribalsite.com/articles/marque.htm

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-02, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""

>"Marquesas Islands, volcanic group (1996 pop. 8,064), South
>Pacific, a part of French Polynesia. There are 12 islands
>in the group, which lies c.740 mi (1,190 km) NE of Tahiti.
>The largest island is Nuku Hiva the seat of the capital,
>Taiohae; the second largest, Hiva Oa is the site of Atuona,
>the former capital.

Actually that might be your answer right there, MI... you've just mentioned two cities -- one a former capital (Atuona) and one a current capital (Taiohae).

This might be interesting because there are a number of place names that could be easily confused in that they sound somewhat alike (i.e. Nuka Hiva, Fatu Huku, Hiva Oa, Fatu Hiva) -- this would place quite a premium on being able to listen carefully to Jiffy's story and comprehend the information fully. If Tammy is still alive in the game at this point, don't you think she'd be heavily favoured to blow away the opposition and get the Immunity Necklace here?

GO HABS!
"I'm the General and that's that."
Robert DeCanio, April 11/02

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-02 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

I'm leaning toward the "best of times, worst of times" for the Happy 5.

E10 previews focus on the reward challenge. E11's title, "Marquesan Vacation", again suggests a look at the RC. Why? Because there's nothing interesting in the immunity side of things for the next two weeks, because the expected pagonging will occur.

John made a comment about his booting being the beginning of "our" demise, suggesting a pagonging. In previews for the past two episodes, we've been hearing strong adjectives to describe the episodes -- "shocking", "unpredictable". In both cases, they lived up to the hype. It was a shock to see the power shift so dramatically, and the fact that every spoiler site missed last week's bootee means it lived up to the unpredictable hype.

There's no abnormal hype this week, no magic adjectives. I think that's because this week isn't shocking, isn't unpredictable. I've read speculation on other boards of a Pappy boot this time, but I have a feeling MB would be pulling out his bag of adjectives if something like that were going to take place...especially the first week of sweeps.

So that leads me to believe that the next two weeks will be pagonging as usual, then we get to the Tale of 2 Cities(factions) dealing with the best of times, worst of times as they play the endgame.

edited because stoopid is indeed written across my forehead

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
while i think the title does likely refer to Jeff's Lame Story, and there may also be an element of sacrifice (Paschal giving IN to Neleh, because he sees that KNP will vote together), there is another option that i can think of:

Neleh and Paschal are the next to go, and the title refers to a TR/SV Rotu/Maraamu division, with Kathy stuck in the middle as the swing vote

that said, i'm beginning to lean back toward the TR are the next to go theory

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
EPMB, or more properly the peons he hires to write his Ep titles, love double meanings (so they appear wittier than they truly are). I, therefore, theorize that this title may refer to Jiffy's Lame Story andPaschal taking one for neleH.

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-30-02, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
It could be that EPM is getting literary on us. Aside from the quotes from the Dicken's book, the storyline of Tale of Two Cities is very interesting when compared to our season of survivor.

In the book, which is set against the backdrop of the French revolution, of the two main characters (male), one is seen as a moral man (an aristocrat), and the other, a degenerate (a lawyer). They both love the same woman. At the end of the book, the degenerate redeems himself by literally sacrificing his life to save the moral man by going to the guillotine in his stead.

Perhaps we will see something akin to this, where there are two "camps," and one person gives up immunity to save a member of the other camp. The two players I could see most likely to fit this scenario would be Paschal and Sean; Paschal has been played up as the moral one, and Sean the slacker. Now that they have bonded, perhaps Sean decides to give up immunity to save Pappy, and gets the whack instead. I can't really conceive of a scenario where this would seem applicable, but with the OVERT reference to a book with a storyline where one character sacrifices his life for another, I have to think there is going to be something like that going on--what with the transferrable immunity rule and all.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-01-02, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
Great theory, ulalame. I agree with you that Sean is likely to be booted out this episode even though I don't think it necessarily means that Sean decided to save Pappy and take the bullet. I think there'll be the usual pagonging of Tammy and Robert and Kathy will be the swing vote in the alliance of 5. I personally think that Kathy will actually pick Neleh and Paschal over Sean and Vee because she'd spent more time with N/P than S/V.

fyrenice 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-02, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fyrenice Click to send private message to fyrenice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
>It could be that EPM is
>getting literary on us.

Have we ever seen MB take this much out of a story before? I cannot really remember a time.

However it is a good theory. I would like to expand on it a little bit.

>>In the book, which is set
>against the backdrop of the
>French revolution, of the two
>main characters (male), one is
>seen as a moral man
>(an aristocrat), and the other,
>a degenerate (a lawyer).

I agree that Sean (degenerate) and Pappy (moral man) fit the bill here.

>They both love the same
>woman.

At episode 12 it has already been stated that there will be 5 left.
I personally think this will be N/P/S/V/K. Who would be the woman they would be fighting over- Kathy.
They would both LOVE to have her on their side.

An alternate would be Vee if Kathy was voted off due to the budding relationship between Pappy and Sean. This would fit better with a Sean or Paschal sacrifice. I do not really think this scenario to be as believable though.

At the end
>of the book, the degenerate
>redeems himself by literally sacrificing
>his life to save the
>moral man by going to
>the guillotine in his stead.
>

I do not think that if MB is taking this literally that Paschal fits the bill here. It must be Sean.

However, Sean does not have a sacrificial bone in him. He wants to win. He has fought hard to get this far.

>can't really conceive of a
>scenario where this would seem
>applicable, but with the OVERT
>reference to a book with
>a storyline where one character
>sacrifices his life for another,
>I have to think there
>is going to be something
>like that going on--what with
>the transferrable immunity rule and
>all.

I agree. This does not fit with Sean's persona. Yet, most of the story would seem to fit. Maybe somebody else could make sense of it.

IC is also a good fit for the title. I believe it is refering to the story challenge also.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Will this be S4's sacrifice episode?"
In each of the prior versions of Survivor, there has been a moment where the runner-up hands makes a choice that saves the million dollar winner. The most obvious is that the runner-up won the final IC, and the person they chose to go to the finals ended up winning.

S1 also had Kelly switching her vote in the Final 4, thus saving Richard.

Possible scenarios:
- Transferable immunity - Someone's head is saved from the chopping block when the IC winner transfers the necklace.
- The swing vote - There's a 3-2 vote, and the person who gets only 2 votes ends up winning, with the swing person as runner up.

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

danderoo 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail danderoo Click to send private message to danderoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
For what it's worth...

My first thought was the "Jeff's Lame Story" challenge as has been already mentioned.

My next thought was that Tammy and Robert have been pagonged, and it is The Best of Times (The Rotu-4 is is gone, we finally beat them), and it is The Worst of Times (Now we have to vote off one of us).

D

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-01-02, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
The basic premise of the novel, is about an unrequited love-stuck suiter, who make the ultimate sacrifice for his love, when he pleads guitly to a crime he didn't commit, and hangs instead of the rival for her affections.

If Ep. 12 has anything at all to do with this; than it would have to mean that P/N are the targets; P gives up the IN to Neleh, and takes the walk of shame with dignity.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Neleh: Oh my heck!

Act Now: Keep HOPE Alive !!!

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
At this link, TDT discusses possible reasons for the title, many of which are discussed in this thresd. I like the idea of Kathy having to choose which of the two pairs to go with.

The thing that most impressed me was the idea that for most of this to work, Tammy and Robert are very likely booted already.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

leadballoon 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-04-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leadballoon Click to send private message to leadballoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
The reason I'm bumping this is because the episode is coming up and as others have stated it identifies the next boot. With Robert getting the boot this week that would leave S/V and K/P/N. The remaining groups have both been switched from two tribes(cities). The chanllenge would be a memory game involving both camp sites. K/P/N would have the greater advantage because they were at Maraamu camp more resently than S/V. Plus it helped that they actually explored the area. Any thoughts on this?

05-05-02, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 12 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
I think that this Ep. is both about the rivalry between the two separate factions of P/N and S/V, with Kathy as the all-powerful swing vote, who deicides which "city" prevails.

I also think that the Dickens' novel comes in to play as well--who would have thunk that MB reads Dickens?--with Paschal.
Even though it is the See-BS misdirection for Ep. 11, which has Paschal saying something to the effect of having to face himself; I feel that it is this episode where Neleh actually becomes a target.

This is also, where the new-fangled rule about the transferrable immunity comes into play; Pashal probably wins immunity, and Neleh becomes the potential boot. Being someone who his wife said, "played the game with dignity;" he transfers the IN, because as in R/E in s2, Paschal (Rodger) feels that Neleh (Lis) needs the money more than him.

Jiffy Pop: Whoever wins the reward has full use of my (and See-BS's) VISA. Can we say (even) more product placement?

Act Now: Keep HOPE Alive !!!

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

hattiebaker 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-10-02, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hattiebaker Click to send private message to hattiebaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Teddy_Bear rocks"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-02 AT 07:29 PM (EST)

Teddy_Bear, you hit the nail on the head. If one has read A Tale Of Two Cities one knows that a central theme is of character sacrifice and subsequent redemption. The details of the story are less important than this idea of a noble sacrifice for a greater good. This title fits with the story line editing of neleH/Paschal.

neleH/Paschal are a pair. The previews of Sean asserting he and Vee are not a pair mean they are also a pair. Kathy knows that she needs to break up one of those pairs. Kathy knows she can't break up neleH and Paschal. neleH was already suggested as a target for this week.

The transferable immunity aspect may never come into play in S4, but it might, and it might come now. Kathy/Sean/Vee are going to vote neleH. But Paschal wins the necklace, transfers it to his girl, then Pappy loses his head like a Frenchman in a guillotine at TC. Seems right to me. Au Revoir Monsieur English, il est temps pour vous aller.

pisspoorprotoplasm 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-08-02, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pisspoorprotoplasm Click to send private message to pisspoorprotoplasm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
I think you folks are reading WAY too much into this...

It seems that based on previous Survivor seasons that this is Jeff's story telling challenge. The titles are meant to be catchy...I doubt very seriously that most of the couch potato American public has any idea what happens in the Dickens tale!

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Now It's Obvious"
Real obvious...as others have been speculating....Kathy must decide between the 2 alliances. Also, considering Burnit's liking to have his titles mean 2 things, also probably means IC is Jeffy's storytime.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-02, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
The Two Cities are Neleh/Paschal-ville and Sean/Vee-klohoma. Kathy is the tourist {or real estate agent) that has to choose to either live in (side with) Neleh/Paschal-ville or Sean/Vee-klohoma.

05-15-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Episode 11 Title "A Tale of Two Cities""
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-02 AT 04:33 PM (EST)

An article by RealityNewsOnline's Peggy Keller states that:

2. Like the Dickens' novel,
it involves a member of one country (France/Rotu/Kathy)
taking shelter in annother (England/Maraamu/Sean and Vee).

Does Kathy take SHELTER in another tribe?
Does this mean that Kathy might choose S/V over P/N?

Sean: I can already hear her big mouth from here.

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •