The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RC Winners and Resentment"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-02, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RC Winners and Resentment"
I know that this has been discussed on other threads, but I wanted to consolidate it here and bring up some new points. I have been trying to decide just who might bear resentment over winning the RC to the point that the others would be "stone faced" upon their return.

By a process of elimination:

Vecepia's birthday comes in the next few days, and we are shown scenes of her being feted. I would be surprised if there was resentment for her going. However, there has been some speculation from a vidcap pic that Tammy and Vecepia are the ones to go on the cruise.

I don't see Neleh being resented, unless she says or does something to offend everyone else before she goes. And I don't really see that happening.

Paschal went to the last reward, and there might be a bit of resentment if he got to attend this reward. But I don't see why the tribe's "daddy" would be resented, even if he took Sean.

Robert hasn't done or shown us much of anything (except a bleeding toe), so if he won I don't see why anyone would be resentful, unless he took Tammy and resentment for her spills over to him.

Sean won the last RC and there IS an undercurrent of resentment for him, but after the way he and Pappy bonded last time, it would take some rift developing for him to be really resented. I would suspect he'd take Vecepia along with him, and again I don't know why that would be resented.

Kathy... ah, now we're getting somewhere. Kathy has won a few rewards and an IC and there might be an undercurrent of resentment for her. But here's my big question:Who would Kathy take with her? It's a massively important question for the future of the game in any case, but Kathy's selection could spark a problem. If she took Tammy (or perhaps Robert), then that might cause some suspicion among P/N or S/V, and that could boil into a problem. But I'm looking forward to everyone's opinions as to who might Kathy take with her.

Tammy would arouse resentment by winning, as she's won a couple of ICs and has been playing the game hard in an attempt not to be waxed. She was called "insincere" last week, and is here only because she's winning. For her to continue to win might cause a buildup of resentment. And her choice of who to take might also rile up some people, although I am not clear on why taking Robert would cause that resentment. Again, a Tammy/Kathy pairing would likely be the most "resented", not to be confused with "represented."

Your opinions, please.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Tammy wins RC and takes Sean Napalm in the Morning 04-30-02 1
   Kathy weltek 04-30-02 8
 RE: RC Winners and Resentment samboohoo 04-30-02 2
   RE: RC Winners and Resentment jkokoj 04-30-02 4
 Tammy wendyp 04-30-02 3
 Do all the survivors have to be res... cowboyroo 04-30-02 5
   RE: Do all the survivors have to be... frisky 04-30-02 6
       RE: Do all the survivors have to be... Yazimodo 04-30-02 10
 RE: RC Winners and Resentment potatochip 04-30-02 7
   RE: RC Winners and Resentment ShowMeTheWinner 04-30-02 11
       RE: RC Winners and Resentment Spidey 04-30-02 14
           correction JohnMc 04-30-02 17
               RE: correction Spidey 05-01-02 26
   Dont be hesitant Rebel Crown 04-30-02 18
       RE: Dont be hesitant potatochip 04-30-02 19
 RE: RC Winners and Resentment smiles 04-30-02 9
   RE: RC Winners and Resentment citygirl 04-30-02 12
   RE: RC Winners and Resentment SurvivaBear 04-30-02 15
 posted on a different thread... sorgee 04-30-02 13
 Could This Pic Be While Winners Awa... sweetpea 04-30-02 16
   RE: Could This Pic Be While Winners... PagongRatEater 04-30-02 20
   RE: Could This Pic Be While Winners... NorthOfBoston 04-30-02 21
       RE: Could This Pic Be While Winners... cowboyroo 04-30-02 23
           RE: Could This Pic Be While Winners... forehead 05-01-02 24
 Hi-ho the dairy-o Tammy takes the G... hrc2u 04-30-02 22
 RE: RC Winners and Resentment SurvivinDawg 05-01-02 25
   RE: RC Winners and Resentment sweetpea 05-01-02 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-02, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Tammy wins RC and takes Sean"
TAMMY is the most likely boot candidate at this point due to several reasons already discussed:
1.) Resentment towards former J/Z/R/T alliance.
2.) Apparent dishonesty regarding above alliance.
3.) Two time IC winner, and big time gloater last week.
4.) Desperate attempt to form new alliance with N/P.

More importantly, Tammy knows she has a bulls eye on her back. After running into a dead end with N/P last week (although I wonder how long their discussion lasted after The General left), she MUST feel her only chances are (a) to continue winning the IC, and/or (b) try to form an alliance with S/V.

T could "sell" the alliance by virtually guaranteeing S/V will have a 1:4 chance if they target N/P/K. Also, she can remind S that Pappy did assure John that S/V would NOT be one of the finalists (albeit before S/P bonded).

SEAN is in a weird position. First, he must feel fortunate he's lasted this long, must be suprised at the unpredictable bonding with Pappy, and doesn't want to rock the boat at this time. However, he knows N/P intent on playing a "fair and honest" game. Therefore, as much as he may want to, he can not approach N/P to form a F4 alliance, since they may get turned off, and N/P probably don't want to lose (or possibly have some alligiance to) K. The question is: Would he be open to a J/T alliance knowing that he could be guaranteed F4?

Finally, take a look at this Ep10 vid cap (thanks BUNGLER):

Is this AFTER the RC? Could it be N/P consoling V after T won the RC, and took S with her? After all, T may want to have every opportunity to convince S to join her and the General hoping that S would get V to join as well. Could N/P be telling V not to worry, and that S would not do this to her or them? This would also be ample reason for "growing resentment" within the tribe.

My speculation:
V gets homesick on her birthday.
T plants a seed with S about a potential S/V/T/R alliance.
T wins RC, and takes S.
The rest of the tribe resent T didn't take birthday girl, and T's obvious attempt to make a deal with S.
S doesn't buy it.
T wins IC challenge as well.
S/V/N/P/K vote out the General since T won IC. T/R vote K thinking S/V or N/P MIGHT possible vote for her, or she would be least likely to deeply offend S/V or N/P.

BOOT: The General
ALT PICK: Tammy (if she does not win immunity)

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Kathy"
Kathy would no doubt take Vee. Kathy would be very likely to "do the right thing" and 1) take Vee because it's her birthday 2) take someone who hasn't won a reward.

I have litte doubt in that. I can only believe that Tammy and Robert win the reward (Tammy or Robert wins and take eachother).

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"
Good summary Dawg.

Although it will probably mean nothing on Friday, here's my two cents:

Based on previous seasons, there is always some resentment among tribe members when one particular person wins a lot of challenges, especially when that person is a "target" (i.e. Kelly in S1, Colby in S2, Lex in S3). The person is not always a target because they are not liked, but sometimes it's because they are too strong. Colby is a great example because the more rewards he won, the better he ate and this gave him an edge immunity wise. Everyone liked Colby for the most part, they just wanted him out of the picture.

Another thing that happens with the RCs is that while the winner is off enjoying the prize, there is always a little bit of talk going on back at the camp.

At this point in the game, I really don't see Sean and Vee swapping back again. Especially Sean. Sean played the race card earlier in the game. The race card is usually played when one thinks they have been mistreated or are not being treated equally. I don't see Sean as the kind of person who would give a second chance to Tammy or Robert because he feels betrayed by them. K/P/N have never lied to him, so I don't see him turning on them. Vee, on the other hand, did turn away from him, but she came back and apologized. He will forgive Vee because she is one of his own, and in his eyes, she was probably a victim of J/T/R/Z and didn't know better.

I think T/R are SOL, and they know it. Tammy will probably win and take Robert with her. While they are gone, the others won't be able to help but talk about them -- N/P will probably even give the others the scoop on T/R saying "it was all John."

Maybe the stone faces come from the fact that N/P/K/S/V are all really hungry and T/R don't bring anything back (goes along with Robert's "I'm going to burn all of this wood" comment). And maybe the resentment is based upon (1) Tammy has won yet another challenge and (2) Tammy didn't take Vee along.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-30-02, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"
Good thread survivndawg!

I agree with Samboohoo. I think MB is being straight forward and we may be reading too much into the resentment statement.

I think it is natural for the survivors to feel some sort of resent. My goodness after being out there for what 26-30 days, hungry, tired and dirty and two of your tribe mates get to go on a cruise ship, shower, eat and sleep in a good bed. I know I would be a little resentful, especially if it were 2 people from another alliance that have been none too nice.

I think either Tammy or Robert win the RC and take eachother and come back and gloat. The speculation that Vee's birthday may play a part in the RC and she is somehow slighted is a possiblity but I still think it the most obvious scenerio as stated above.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-30-02, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Tammy"
My thinikng is that Tammy would take either kathy or Sean.

Picks Kathy
Tells Kathy that she is the odd man out in the 5 person alliance and T/R can gurantee her final 3.

Tells kathy, yes we were going to vote on you because of the IC threat and that is all. Tries to be honest with her.

Tells Kathy that she is not in charge N/P are and P/S now have a bond. The only ?? with this one is do the other survivors know how close P/S got? Is this one of the hidden alliances?

Picks Sean
Tells S that she can guarantee him final 3.

Tells S the others still do not like you, they are keeping you to get farther in the game.

Tries to get S/V to team with T/R to boot the others

Problems ~ Sean does not trust Tammy. I think Sean would rather take his chances with N/P. kathy is a wild card. I can see her humoring Tammy, but with just Kathy they are 3 to 4. Plus I think Kathy bonded a little with N/P when they kept her over Gina.

Resentment Tammy and Rober go to RC because Tammy knows one will get voted off. And they do not bring any food back for the tribe as other Reward winners have.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-30-02, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Do all the survivors have to be resentful?"
It seems that most speculation is that ALL the survivors are stone-faced.

I originally thought Tammy and Robert are the likely to be stonefaced no matter who won (only because they didn't) but then in the pic of Vee/Paschal/Neleh, they are looking pretty stone-faced.

Also, by the wording, I can see that there is possibly some gloating by whoever wins when they get back, so that could be issue as well.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Do all the survivors have to be resentful?"
>Also, by the wording, I can see that there is possibly some gloating by whoever wins when they get back, so that could be issue as well.

I'm sticking with this also. The resentment grows when the winner(s) return to the beach. I, too, think this has something to do with food.

RC winners know they have to go back to camp and tell the story of the reward, and they know that this could be perceived as bragging. To offset any jealously or animosity, they share.

Kathy shared her Snickers bar and S/P smuggled food. Maybe the two sailors just don't bring anything back. If the losers are Kathy, Sean, and/or Pappy, who DID bring back food and share... yeah, they'd be pissed off.

Yazimodo 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-02, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yazimodo Click to send private message to Yazimodo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Do all the survivors have to be resentful?"
>Kathy shared her Snickers bar and
>S/P smuggled food. Maybe
>the two sailors just don't
>bring anything back. If
>the losers are Kathy, Sean,
>and/or Pappy, who DID bring
>back food and share... yeah,
>they'd be pissed off.

I also agree.
There's one thing i noticed tho, which i haven't seen mentionned.

I noticed that EVERY time someone brought food back from RC, Tammy was focused on as saying "Oh my god!!! This is soooo nice from youuu!!"

I mean, everyone said it was nice of the winners and maybe she simply was the loudest because she IS loud in life, but the camera focused on Tammy thanking them and saying it was the best thing ever. I just feel it would be ironic (and very Survivor-like) if she didnt do the same when she wins.

potatochip 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail potatochip Click to send private message to potatochip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"
After the whole Rude Awakening fiasco, I am hesitant to post, but you guys were nice to me last time, even thought I made the completely idiotic error of mistaking Zoe for Kathy... *grin* If I'm doing something wrong, let me know, I won't take offense.

Okay, on to my post. I was thinking, what if Paschal somehow won the reward challenge? It may not be endurance-based (and he HAS had something to eat, so that might help him out a little if it were) and Pappy seems to be able to match wits with pretty much anyone left on the island. Say Pappy wins the reward challenge, and instead of taking Neleh (which everyone would assume would be his choice) or Vee, he takes Sean again, because they had such a great experience before? This would give the tribe members a lot of reasons to be stonefaced, the most obvious of which...

1) Pappy and Neleh have been close since the beginning, and besides feeling bad for Neleh that he "betrayed" her, it would make him look like he has no sense of loyalty. First he broke his word to John, which Tammy and Robert are bound to know about, then he abandons Neleh for Sean... that doesn't exactly make Paschal look like a great guy.

2) The tribe members are all starving. Pappy and Sean just had a huge meal 3 days ago. Now Pappy has a chance to let someone else in on the reward, but instead he takes Sean, giving them their second meal in three days and leaving the other tribe members with nothing. They could be upset even because Pappy didn't deliberately throw the reward challenge to let the others have some food, and this time, even smuggling probably wouldn't help

If Pappy would be so incredibly stupid as to win the reward and take Sean with him, then the other tribe members would rally around Neleh. Tammy and Robert would pamper her in Pappy's absence, taking her into their group and showering her with sympathy. If they can convince Kathy to follow Neleh to their side, they could get rid of Sean on a 4 (K/T/R/N) to 3 (V/S/P) vote, effectively getting rid of a strong immunity threat and breaking the Paschal/Neleh bond. I don't think she would be so bold as to vote out Paschal unless her feelings were really hurt badly, but you never know...
"The Princess" might not refer to Vee, as MB seems to want us to believe, but rather to Neleh, and Tammy and Robert's pampering her to win her vote. If this were to happen (and I agree that it's so farfetched that it probably WON'T) Tammy and Robert could almost guarantee a Final 3 with Neleh, as they would vote out Pappy, Sean and Vecepia and then more than likely would turn on Kathy. In that case, unless it is the Fallen Comrades challenge (Neleh has more than likely heard about the first few Maraamu bootees, AND she met Gina and Sarah) I see Tammy winning immunity and taking Robert into the Final 2.
Just speculation, and highly unlikely, but I thought I would put my two cents in. This would only work IF Pappy won and IF he took Sean... and since I'm not a math major I'm not going to calculate any odds of that happening.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-30-02, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"
In that case, unless it is the Fallen Comrades challenge (Neleh has more than likely heard about the first few Maraamu bootees, AND she met Gina and Sarah)

If I recall correctly, the Fallen Comrades challenge will only consist of questions involving the juries so there will be no questions on Gina, Sarah, and the other non-juries.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"
>If I recall correctly, the Fallen
>Comrades challenge will only consist
>of questions involving the juries
>so there will be no
>questions on Gina, Sarah, and
>the other non-juries.

I always thought this too, but in S3 the no body-piercing question in Fallen Comrades had two correct answers: Lindsey and Kelly, although at the time they thought the only correct answer was Kelly. It is possible that the rules were the questions referred only to jury members, but they forgot to say so, so it wasn't fair to penalize Lex who said Lindsey, which is funny too, b/c he was never in a tribe w/ her. (Otherwise, if they had said jury only, Lindsey is a wrong answer and it is a non-issue.)

But more likely, the questions "can" be about everyone, but usually about post-mergees. It is now more complicated regarding who knows who b/c of the swap, so there are more who the whole F4 know. I also beleive I recall FC questions about Gretchen and possibly Clarence, both post-mergees but not jury. I think in S3, they just didn't do enough research on the questions and just plain blew it.

In short, the FC questions will most likely be about people everyone knew. Given a likely F4 from the S/V/K/P/N, the only people off limits are Peter, Patricia and Hunter. If T/R come into the mix somehow, add Gina and Sarah to off-limits.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "correction"
it wasn't fair to penalize Lex who said Lindsey, which is funny too, b/c he was never in a tribe w/ her.

Um, Lex was on Lindsay's tribe when they swapped. Lex, Kelly, and Tom worked for 6 days to figure out who out of Kim P, Brandon, or Lindsay had received previous votes.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-02, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: correction"
Oh, you're right! I totally spaced about Lex joining Samburu. I hang my head in shame. At any rate the crux of my post remains intact despite my utter lack of recall. Maybe I am just trying to block out the memories of that horrid installment!

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Dont be hesitant"
<<After the whole Rude Awakening fiasco, I am hesitant to post>>

He/She was, well, just RUDE. Most posters here are friendly, well-educated and helpful. When people start posting here and are NOT any of these things, they get flamed right away.

Just take it slow, and don't take offense if and when someone points something out. It's usually for a reason. Rude got bent of out shape and was being childish. And, since DriveMyCar aka Buggy's (she's the unofficial "official" greeter here!) not around right now, welcome to the boards.

potatochip 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail potatochip Click to send private message to potatochip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Dont be hesitant"
Thanks It takes a lot to offend me, so I should be good to go. I'm trying to learn the ropes here and there's no reason why anyone should feel bad about pointing out a mistake. That way I can fix it. And since I didn't watch any of the first three Survivors (I knew Gabriel when we were little and I watched to see him, and got hooked) I can't do much comparing with other seasons, and some things I don't know, ie the jury thing. I had heard someone say something about a person having met everyone on the island and therefore was more prepared for the Fallen Comrades challenge, and took it to mean that the questions were about everyone.
I try to stay quiet most of the time, as I am still learning. Thank you for the welcome, and now I'll end this post, since it is kind of irrelevant to the topic.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"
I think everyone (with the exception of T/R) would take Vee on the RC. Since S/P/K/N/V have "bonded” I think they would all do the right thing and take Vee for her birthday. I don't see any type of resentment if this happened.

If T/R wins then I don't think they would take Vee. Robert is still bitter and thinks he is the next to go, so he would only take Tammy. But his chances of winning IMHO given the vidcaps and his past crappy performance at challenges are slim to none. If Tammy wins there is a slight chance that she would take Vee, but I think she would take Robert to cheer him up and enjoy their last few days together. I don't see her taking anyone else. Also, I don't think either on of them would bring food back to the rest; thus causing resentment.

smiles

citygirl 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-02, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citygirl Click to send private message to citygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"
I agree. I think if T/R won and took anyone but each other, MB would have somehow featured it in the previews so that we would think there was a possibility of a non-T/R boot. OK, that was a long sentence but I think all the pieces are there. There is no inkling whatsoever in either of the previews that a new alliance is being formed. Wouldn't they hint at it just to make us wonder?

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"
I agree that T/R win the RC and do not bring food back. This is explains the focus on how everybody is starving (Paschal feeling the inside of his ribs). I believe this week will be a return to classic Survivor where the contestants allow thier emotions to take control and do not make the moves necesary to save thier sorry @$$e$! Someone mentioned that T would take S to mend fences/biuld an alliance, but I have to believe that T takes R and they gloat as well as fail to bring anything back. Goodbye to the one that fails to win immunity.

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "posted on a different thread..."
I posted what's following in quotes on a different thread. I was juiced up on meds for strep throat, but the logic still feels good to me so I wanted to post it again(spelling errors included) because I feel it may add some value to this thread. (I hope that isn't violating any rules.)

"I've got a scenario for "Two castaways enjoy a magnificent reward, but resentment grows among their stone-faced tribemates when they return and share their joyful experience with them."
What say Tammy or Robert wins and takes Vee in hopes of:
1) Making the tribe at large happy by giving Vee a happy birthday
2) Trying to sway Vee when she is away from k/n/p/s

Vee hasn't really made an alliance. She's still pretty much a free agent.
Tammy said taht she was going to do what she could to stay on the island.
Robert already though that he was gone once and he knows that he needs to campaign hard.

If Vee were to leave with either of them and come back with some new "bond", the others in her "group" would feel uneasy and, possibly, resentful.

Just a thought..."

i still agree with this. imo, alliances with this group are turning out to be a one vote at a time deal. i don't see any true, etched in stone, i'm not changing my mind alliances other than tammy amd robert and the only hope they have of staying in the game is to get one of the free agents in a mess that they can't get out of. i might be totally off base, but i think if the "others" think that "no-drama" mama has gotten too friendly with one of the "enemy" there is going to be a ton o' resentment. and that just may be the ticket to another day on the island for tammy and the general.

i'm not sure what will happen here, but i just wanted to throw this thought out for discussion.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::on't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-30-02, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Could This Pic Be While Winners Away?"
This vid cap (I copied the one from survivorfever as it is a little lighter than Bungler's) shows the tribe in the early morning around the fire.

Now I see Kathy and Pappy standing. Sitting from right to left are Sean in his floppy hat, Neleh and either Tammy or Vee. I think it is Vee but it's is really hard to tell. Where is Robert? And where is Tammy if that is Vee?

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Could This Pic Be While Winners Away?"
If it IS early then Tammy and Robert could still be sleeping since they have probably mailed it in as far as work around the camp.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Could This Pic Be While Winners Away?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-02 AT 10:21 PM (EST)

I'm also remembering the pics showing Vee's birthday "celebration" (oh boy, banana pieces on leaves, yum); I haven't gone back to check them yet, but I do remember Kathy and Neleh (and of course, Vee) in the pictures; who is missing? This celebration could have happened when the RC winners were away (as a way of consoling poor Vee, who did not go on the cruise ship, even though it's her birthday <<cry cry>>).

I'd have to check the pics again

edited after reviewing pics~
Robert is in the celebration as well (he seems to have moved from next to Neleh holding the "cake" to next to Vee when she is blowing out the "candle"); this would point to a Sean-Tammy RC win (or a Paschal-Tammy, Paschal-Sean win... less likely) if it is assumed that the celebration takes place while the RC winners are away (again, far-fetched, but possible)

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Could This Pic Be While Winners Away?"
Do we know which day Vee's birthday falls on in the scheme of things? This could help identify how the bday pics fall into place...

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-01-02, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Could This Pic Be While Winners Away?"
Vee's birthday is Dec 9 (CBS website), which is day 28 (1st day of this week's episode (SurvivorFever calendar link: http://www.survivorfever.net/s4-calendar.html ).

Weather conditions:
http://www.survivorfever.net/s4w.html
Day 28 clear
Day 29 cloudy
Day 30 clear

If the pattern is the same as the previous episodes, RC will be on Day 28, IC on Day 30. The actual reward could be on Days 28-29, 29, or 29-30.

Hope someone can use this (I got stuck).

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Hi-ho the dairy-o Tammy takes the General-o and Vee stands alone"
Tammy wins RC to everyone's chargin. Takes Robert and doesn't smuggle any food. (How funny would it be if Jiffy states in the rules you can't smuggle anything back to the others?

hrc2u

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-02, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-02 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

Thanks to everyone for their excellent commentaries on this issue, both here and in other threads.

It would be logical to assume that TAMMY will be involved in the RC and resentment. And... the more I think about it, the more I suspect that the resentment problem will somehow involve KATHY.

I liked the Tammy/Sean idea, to a point. I can see some resentment building that Sean is being rewarded by doing no work. And I could conceive of Tammy taking Sean in an effort to win him over for a new alliance. But I think Tammy realizes that she needs BOTH Vee and Sean to make that work, just as Tammy tried to get Paschal and Neleh together in one fell swoop.

Also, I like the idea of Tammy trying to win Kathy over even better. Moreso than Tammy, Kathy is just selfish and obnoxious enough to a) not remember to smuggle any food back, and b) run her little mouth about how great the trip was in her misguided belief that everyone is interested in anything that SHE (Kathy) is doing.

I am also working on this hypothesis as a basis for a surprise boot tomorrow evening: Kathy. More on that later.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-01-02, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: RC Winners and Resentment"

>
>Also, I like the idea of
>Tammy trying to win Kathy
>over even better. Moreso
>than Tammy, Kathy is just
>selfish and obnoxious enough to
>a) not remember to smuggle
>any food back, and b)
>run her little mouth about
>how great the trip was
>in her misguided belief that
>everyone is interested in anything
>that SHE (Kathy) is doing.
>

Kathy DID bring back her Snickers bar to share when she won the diving trip.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •