The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-19-09, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
Ryan mentioned that this year's performances are available from itunes. Last year I bought a few of Michael Johns and David Cook's songs. This year...no "Wow! I want to hear that again!" moment for me.

Anyone else buying anything from itunes yet?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... nailbone 03-19-09 1
   RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... zazzy 03-21-09 3
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... Glow 03-19-09 2
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... tyrocks00 03-23-09 4
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... DoodleBug 03-24-09 5
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... DoodleBug 03-29-09 6
   RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... zazzy 03-29-09 7
       RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... DoodleBug 03-30-09 13
   RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... mtb002 03-29-09 8
       RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... Glow 03-30-09 10
       RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... DoodleBug 03-30-09 12
           RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... mtb002 03-30-09 14
           RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... mtb002 03-30-09 15
               RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... mtb002 03-30-09 16
                   RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... zazzy 03-30-09 17
                       RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... mtb002 03-30-09 18
                           RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... DoodleBug 03-31-09 20
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... Glow 03-30-09 9
   RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... zazzy 03-30-09 11
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... Tazluli 03-31-09 19
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... zazzy 04-02-09 21
   RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... DoodleBug 04-05-09 23
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... zazzy 04-05-09 22
 RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--h... DoodleBug 04-18-09 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-09, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
I plan to get Carrie Underwood's version of "Home Sweet Home", but nothing else yet.

"Why go halfway bad when you can go all-the-way crazy?" - RNO

03-21-09, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
Lol, should have put "top 13" AIers in the headline but nice to know you *heart* Carrie.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-09 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

"Ring of Fire"!
and I bought Jesse's "Bette Davis Eyes" (more a show of support than anything else)

I would imagine I will purchase more through the season. I don't even necessarily have to LOVE a performance (I did LOVE RoF though) to purchase them. I'm all about supporting favorite(s).

eta: I bought all of Michael's last year

"What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there." - Tahj

tyrocks00 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-23-09, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tyrocks00 Click to send private message to tyrocks00 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
Yeah I hear you, no Itunes purchases for me either
"Deep down Louisiana close to New Orleans
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode
Who never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a
bell"umgd

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-09, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
I always go there to at least take a listen to everyone because I want to hear their voices recorded, even if it is just a little snippet of the song. I thought I would by Anoop's Always on My Mind, but I changed my mind after listening to the sample.

I have purchased Human Nature and So Small by Matt Giraud and have not been disappointed. I wish his piano playing was featured more on the songs though - you can barely hear it if at all on the recordings. I also bought Carrie's Home Sweet Home and her duet with Randy Travis.

Last year, I bought all of the David Cook songs (no surprise there), some Jason Castro, Michael Johns, one Carly Smithson, and one Brooke White.

I haven't purchased any Danny yet because I'm not a big fan of the songs he has sung so far.

Thank you, Agman

03-29-09, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-09 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

If you are an Allison fan, well... even if you aren't, you should rush right out and buy her "Papa Was a Rolling Stone". WOW! I can't stop listening to it.

ETA: very disappointed with what the did to Adam's. HIS version of the song was better. The original recording is on itunes and not as good, IMO. Did I just say that?

03-29-09, 09:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
I haven't listened to any of the itunes yet; I read that the studio recordings were to the original Motown tracks and not their individual takes on the music, especially Adam and Kris who changed up their songs quite a bit. So Allison's held up using the original music but the guys didn't?

03-30-09, 02:48 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
I bought Matt's and Allison's and I like them both. I thought Allison's recorded performance was BETTER than the live version. I didn't care for Kris or Danny on itunes but liked both of the live versions. And I already commented on Adam.

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-09, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-09 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

If you have a video ipod, you can buy the video of the performance for $1.50. Then just slap it in your playlist where ever you want it. It plays just the same. I haven't tried to rip it to a CD yet, so I don't know if that works or not. I would think you could use itunes to make a copy without the video on your desktop and then pull it back into your itunes as just the sound. Just suggestions, because I agree, Adam's studio recordings are wildly different than his live performances. I'm sure Itunes is thrilled at the prospect of people buying both versions.

03-30-09, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
oooh. Good idea! I should have read all the comments before I posted. Thank you!

03-30-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
I don't have a video iPod. do you have to have one in order to purchase a video? Thanks for the tip!

03-30-09, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
No, you don't have to have a video device to purchase the video, but your device may need to support video in order to upload the file as-is. I waited very, very patiently for the iphone to come out, so I've never had a device that wasn't video capable. That's why I mentioned using itunes to copy the sound file onto your desktop and then reimporting it to itunes, similar to how you might make your own ringtones, if you're into such things. YMMV.

03-30-09, 07:35 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
Ok, after actually playing around with this for awhile, Itunes does NOT allow you the same liberties with the m4v (video) files that it does with m4a (just the song) files. If the file is already m4a, you can right click and one of the options is "Create ACC version." This creates a copy of the file, which you then drag out to your desktop. When you right click on m4v files, that option doesn't exist. Instead, it says "create Apple TV version" but the AI files are already formatted that way. I even tried changing the length to create a new copy, but no dice. There must be an extra layer of copyrighting that happens with video. What you can do is see if your player can read m4v files, or you can look into a conversion software. There are some free programs out there, but I don't know what happens to your original file. Make sure what ever program you choose can convert m4v to m4a files. Sorry for the confusion.

03-30-09, 07:46 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-09 AT 07:47 PM (EST)

If your computer has a CD burner, you can create a playlist for your videos, and burn the playlist to a CD. This automatically converts them to m4a on the CD. Then you put the disc back in and import the file back into itunes. This worked on my mac laptop w/ itunes version 8.0.2.

03-30-09, 08:43 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
Thank you!

03-30-09, 09:25 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
You're very welcome. Thank you for actually reading that mess. I've been meaning to figure that out for a few weeks now so I can make my own ringtones with the performance versions.

03-31-09, 04:54 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
You're awesome for explaining all of that. Thank you!

03-30-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-09 AT 11:42 AM (EST)

Special note to TIIC:

I would have bought Kris Allen's version of "How Sweet It Is" and Adam's "Tracks of My Tears". Instead, you have them singing to the original backing. You did this to all of the songs for "Motown Week". I really can't understand why you would do that. If I wanted either of these songs in their original form... you know what? It's not worth my thinking power anymore. But I will thank you for not doing this to "Ring of Fire".

ETA: Thank you, mtb002!

03-30-09, 01:03 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
I'm guessing it has to with $$-- more Motown people get paid using the original tracks than with the changed up tracks, perhaps? Probably an agreement with Berry Gordy in regards to doing Motown week in general? Just trying to find the motivation.

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-31-09, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
Not yet. Nothing has jumped out at me.

I bought a lot of David Cook's and Michael Johns' music last year.

04-02-09, 08:16 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
This is so much better than he was on the show:

Matt's studio performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWHKjliagA

04-05-09, 02:55 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
I agree that Matt's studio performance was much better than his live performance of this song. I bought it and it rocks. Danny's is really good too (studio better than live for me). On the flip side, I really liked Kris's live version but wasn't too crazy about the studio....

Thank you, Agman

04-05-09, 12:58 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
Here's a link to you tube where someone has posted all of the top 9 studio performances:

http://www.youtube.com/user/formerlyrusselites

I can imagine some of these on the radio today!

04-18-09, 05:58 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Two weeks into the Top AIers--has anyone's performance moved you to buy it from itunes already?"
I just bought Adam's Born to be Wild - it's different than the live version - more pop-like than hard rock. It's still way good - so fun!

I also bought Anoop's Everything I do... it's nice! Gave me goosebumps on that high note. He definitely does the ballads well.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •