The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A possible spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rude Awakening 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rude%20Awakening Click to send private message to Rude%20Awakening Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A possible spoiler?"
I didn't notice it until just now but did CBS actually slip up with their Survivor website and show the actual voting order until the last 4 people? Take a look at the challenges page.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor4/show/challenges.shtml
Look at the bottom individual immunity tracker. See how the squares go dark with each person voted out? Well there seems to be a mistake, you can't see it as easily but vecepia is the name listed right after Zoe and the squares for the episode after next shows darker as well. Could Vecepia be the next person voted out? I highly doubt it but if she is the next one voted out next week, you can pretty much bet that the challenge tracker page is one HUGE spoiler.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A possible spoiler? smiles 04-26-02 1
 RE: A possible spoiler? SurvivinDawg 04-26-02 2
   RE: A possible spoiler? Rude Awakening 04-26-02 3
       RE: A possible spoiler? SurvivinDawg 04-26-02 4
           RE: A possible spoiler? Rude Awakening 04-26-02 5
               RE: A possible spoiler? Spidey 04-26-02 6
                   RE: A possible spoiler? Rude Awakening 04-26-02 7
                       RE: A possible spoiler? Spidey 04-26-02 8
 RE: A possible spoiler? George Tirebiter 04-27-02 9
   RE: A possible herring, more like samiam 04-27-02 10
       RE: A possible herring, more like Rude Awakening 04-27-02 11
       Oh, please! dabo 04-27-02 12
           RE: Oh, please! Rude Awakening 04-27-02 13
               Don't worry, kid George Tirebiter 04-27-02 15
                   Now look here, young man! dabo 04-27-02 16
           RE: Oh, please! George Tirebiter 04-27-02 14
               RE: Oh, please! Rude Awakening 04-27-02 17
                   RE: Oh, please! oGenesis 04-27-02 18
 RE: A possible spoiler? Spidey 04-27-02 19
   RE: A possible spoiler? dabo 04-28-02 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-26-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A possible spoiler?"

You have to be kidding me?

Please read the guidelines that Technoir bumped. I know you are new and I am new too, but please read the guidelines.

Thanks!

smiles

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-02, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
Not only do I hope that Webby directs shakestheclown to this post, but I hope that shakes' flamethrower is set to EXTRA CRISPY!

You come on here, and with your VERY FIRST POST, attempt to direct us to some "spoiler" that is on, of all places, the *SEE-BS WEBSITE*!!!

We've seen this pattern before. I dub thee "MB's puppet."

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-26-02, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rude%20Awakening Click to send private message to Rude%20Awakening Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
wtf? It was just something I happened to notice. If this is how you treat all the new people here it's a wonder why anyone posts here?
I had already said it probably wasn't a spolier but if Vecepia of all people is the next person voted out then it would be hard not to wonder about the challenges page. Why don't you actually welcome new people that don't understand the way things go on here instead of flaming them?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
Why don't you actually welcome new people that don't understand the way things go on here instead of flaming them?

That usually happens, but then most newbies aren't plants for MB like I think you are, and most newbies don't try to deceive us like I think you're trying to do.

We've seen this pattern before. Someone with only one or two posts comes onto this (and other) boards, points out something of "spoiler" value like this "aberration" on the See-BS website, and expects us to just take it at face value?

The fact that this is happening on a website controlled by CBS, and controlled by Mark Burnett, is enough to cause suspicion. The fact that the top post is your inaugural thread to this board is enough to make me skeptical.

There was a phenomenon called the "Source Code Theory" in Survivor II... it was pointed out by someone with just one post... I put some faith in that "spoiler"... AyaK and others warned me (and others) that this was likely a deception... but I learned the hard way.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Go back to MB and tell him that you have FAILED in your duty, then commit seppuku. I'd be honored to act as your second.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-26-02, 06:30 PM (EST)
5. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
lol are you accusing me of working for CBS? HAH! I am a 17 year old senior that just happens to like survivor. Don't believe me? Here is my personal website, http://divinedream216.tripod.com and I run a gaming site over at http://www.continuum-central.com
My livejournal is http://www.livejournal.com/users/divinedream216/

And I don't know where you are getting off saying that I am trying to decieve anyone. I was just trying to point out a possible spoiler. So maybe they did make the challenge tracker page to look like a spoiler, I am just saying this is what I see, and this it what I am looking out for. Nothing more.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
The folks here are really nice, most of the time (but watch out for the clown - although I have thus far escape his wrath. Whew!). My advice is too lurk around and read some threads and familiaeize yourself with the protocol FIRST before posting, especially starting a thread. I lurked since S2 until after this one started (mostly due to time constraints preventing me from reading enough to post w/out duplicating or looking the fool) and I am certainly not suggesting you do that. New voices are welcomed on this board and many have valuable insights and contributions.

SurvivinDawg excellently illustrates the problem with "spoilers" from anything CBS. If unsure if something might or might not have merit, try finding a current thread most applicable and posting there. The worst you'll get is "are you serious? this is not a spoiler.."

Stick around, this is fun. I cordially welcome you and happy spoiling.

04-26-02, 11:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
A much better welcoming. =P
Jeez I had no idea that you hated CBS that much!

04-26-02, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
Personally, I bless the Eye for this(usually)highly entertaining show. But sworn enemy when it come to spoiling. It is a game between MB and the spoiling community. We may seem paranoid, but I swear, my gut tells me they are watching our every move and planning accordingly!

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-27-02, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-02 AT 01:01 AM (EST)

Not that I trust ANYTHING SeeBS throws out there for us to consider--or perhaps "stumble" across--but I thought it might help to take a screen shot of this, just in case it should change. This was taken at 11:59 PM, 4/26/02:

I will say it is curious that the marbled background is altered for Vee, Sean, and Robert--but what that really might mean is still debatable.

(Crap. Can you believe I'm being this open-minded?!)

GT

Always be sincere, even when you don't mean it.

Edited to say I checked out the kid's "website," and I'd like to believe MB would be too "clever" to use one that's so pathetic. . . Almost all the links are dead ends, and the "journal" is the obvious ramblings of a truly juvenile mind with little supervision and too much time on his hands. Sadly, any 12 year-old can make a site like this--and too many of them do. (Sorry for the "rude awakening," but I'm trying to be impartial here. . .)

Then again, I'm just paranoid enough to think this is EXACTLY the kind of dupe he'd use. . .

I'll leave the speculation up to the rest of you. I tend to distrust everything.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-02, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A possible herring, more like"
I see what this is saying, but I do not see any POSSIBLE scenario in which Vee goes next time. Occasionally an alliance will break and vote off one of its own before one of the "Pagongs," but that was:

1) Jerri, because she was an uberbeeyotch, and

2) Kelly (S3), for being a scary-ass psychopath (and due to Lex's all-knowing gut).

This smells like an attempt to throw us off-track of the obvious Pagonging about to take place.

"You are a fluke of the Universe. You have no right to be here. And whether you can hear it or not, the Universe is laughing behind your back." - Tony Hendra, Deteriorata

04-27-02, 01:09 AM (EST)
11. "RE: A possible herring, more like"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-02 AT 01:11 AM (EST)

Yeesh...the continuum-central.com website design was made by me, not the content. And the site has various other staff members. I am not 12 thankyou very much. I have made some other better designs that the pitifull C-C, www.ogaming.com
As for my LJ ramblings, I stopped using LJ because I was bored with it and now I am using it again. Plain and simple. And my LJ ramblings tend to be a little bit juevenile because I don't take the time to think things through what I type. I just put out my feelings of the LJ.

As for Vee being the next one to go, as I said before, and I do get tired of repeating myself, I HIGHLY DOUBT IT, BUT IF SHE DOES THEN THE SITE MAY HOLD SOME VALUABLE SPOILER INFO.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-02, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Oh, please!"
Has anyone been following this week by week to know what's really going on? For all we know right now, the background is static (remains the same) while the booties get shifted to the bottom when they get booted. If Vee doesn't get booted next, maybe whoever does get booted next will have his/her name appear next week where Vecepia currently has her name. Seriously, we need a longtime trusted poster (no offence, newbie RA, and welcome to Blows) who has been following this page every week to clue us in, otherwise we should wait till next week and see what happens.

OMG, GT's playing good cop, I'm playing bad cop (let me know if I did a good job of it, kay)!

ARRRRRRR!!!!

04-27-02, 01:32 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Oh, please!"
If the names shift, then we'll know because we have the original screenshot, posted by someone here. If Vee does get booted which AGAIN I say, is highly unlikely, then I'll be checking back to the challenge page. If no names move, then I am going to wonder a little bit. Like I said, we'll see what happens.
And I don't need lectures on Survivor, I have been watching from the begining, but already this show is proving to be quite different from the previous series. If you remember, in S3 the alliances went right back to previous tribes of the original Boran and Samburu.
I am begining to wish I had never posted this.

04-27-02, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Don't worry, kid"
This is what we like to call a character-building exercise. Those who survive generally emerge the better for it.

GT

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer here.

04-27-02, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Now look here, young man!"
hehehe ... uh, Gt is making me search for where shakes did GT a good turn, but never mind. I think expecting laziness from CBS websites is all well and good, but any pattern which could be consciously made by someone in the know should be approached as suspiscious, as Dawg already pointed out (in his way).

ARRRRRRR!!!!

04-27-02, 01:35 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Oh, please!"
Yep, I'm LMAO@myself,too, dabo. . . (You do a FINE job, BTW!)

I have never bothered to look at the Challenge Tracker before, but I really like your idea about how they might shuffle the names around. I betcha we've got someone here who can verify if this is what happens.(THIS is the first positive GUT feeling I've had in this thread, ergo it MUST be true! )

Sorry, RE--but entering things like 1:48 pm Still here. Mood: Bored. Music: None. do NOT a "journal" make. . . (especially when there are COUNTLESS entries like it!) You must realize that kind of thing only serves to prove your post here was more likely than not NOT a well-considered one.

As for my unlikely lapse into such an "understanding" mode, I might blame the warm fuzzies I got from Bozo on another thread--my warm cockles screwed up my equilibrium when I saw he came to my defense. Hopefully, it's temporary, and I'll be my usual pessimistic self soon.

GT

Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. - Frank Zappa

04-27-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Oh, please!"
I am done posting at this thread...

oGenesis 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-27-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oGenesis Click to send private message to oGenesis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Oh, please!"
This is what could happen..perhaps, vee gets some bad news from home, she gets home sick or something, cries, starts to mope around..so they decide to let her leave the game.

04-27-02, 10:54 PM (EST)
19. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
I could swear EZ had a thread on this exact subject around the time of the merge ep., with someone saying the same thing as RA, which was proved the following week to be nothing. It was proven to be a random order, bootees put at the bottom after they have gone. I just search many pages over there and didn't find the thread, but I know I have seen this before and it was worthless as a spoiler, as if you all aren't convinced of that already.

04-28-02, 01:20 AM (EST)
20. "RE: A possible spoiler?"
Thanks, Spidey. If Vee got the boot next it would have been inconclusive, in my opinion, as to what exactly is going on with this page from CBS. Darn though, it would have been neat had Rude Awakening found something that had held up for three weeks. Suspicious as hell, but neat.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •