The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
Someone over on EZ posted this pic which is is on CBS site in the episode 8 story summary. The question is whether this photo actually comes from episode 8 or is it from a future epsode. Vee and Tammy are missing and my eyes aren't great when it comes to seeing things in photos but does Sean's beard look longer? If so, then this could be from episode 10 while Tammy and Vee are away on reward or it could mean that this is the final 5.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? JeffGator 04-26-02 1
   RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? PagongRatEater 04-26-02 3
   RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? Naked 04-27-02 12
       RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? Teddy_Bear 04-27-02 13
           RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? Swami 04-27-02 14
               RE: Don't Confuse Kathy with Vee (o... Teddy_Bear 04-28-02 15
 RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? JeffGator 04-26-02 2
   RE: Could this be from Ep.10? Teddy_Bear 04-28-02 17
 help needed shakes the clown 04-26-02 4
   A poor substitute? George Tirebiter 04-26-02 7
       Excellent Work GT... IceCat 04-27-02 10
   RE: help needed PepeLePew13 04-28-02 16
 RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? true 04-26-02 5
   RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? Spidey 04-26-02 6
       RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? BMH 04-26-02 8
           RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? Rude Awakening 04-27-02 9
               RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? dabo 04-27-02 11
                   Time to revisit this Wacko Jacko 05-03-02 18
                       RE: Time to revisit this Swami 05-03-02 19
                           Something Keeps Bringing me back to... Wacko Jacko 05-09-02 20
 RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before? corcam 05-09-02 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
This is interesting, although I'm sure there have been many times when just Robert, Sean, Paschal, Neleh, and Kathy have been in a picture together. I mean they're on that island 24 hours a day.

But I do agree, it seems like Sean's beard is longer. This might support one theory of mine that Vecepia is booted next episode because she is so homesick and maybe even asks everyone to vote her off. Then Tammy would probably be the next to go, as it just seems like the most likely choice. She's the biggest immunity threat and she was the backup leader for John in the John/Tammy/Robert/Zoe alliance. And of course everyone including Tammy made it clear that she would have been gone in episode 9 if she hadn't won that immunity.

Logic is telling me that I'm getting WAY ahead of myself, and that it is most likely just a picture taken when the 5 of them were together!

Richard Hatch/Tina Wesson/Ethan Zohn/Kathy O'Brien
"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...and there it goes."--Bobby Hill
--Pappy's getting a little happy

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-02, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
If this is from when they are gone in the RC it is interesting to note that it would point to Tammy as the RC winner - which could explain why people are "stone-faced". They are unhappy about Tammy's win streak and Robert is pissed that it isn't him.

It would be an interesting choice for Tammy to pick Vee since she knows that Paschal and Neleh are not going to play alliance hopping, she knows her only hope is to get Sean and Vee on board with her and Robert...and besides, she can build some goodwill by taking the birthday girl.

I think this could be a decent indicator that Tammy wins the RC and is still working to stay in the game.

Just a thought...

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-27-02, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
<<<< This might support one theory of mine that Vecepia is booted next episode because she is so homesick and maybe even asks everyone to vote her off >>>>

Gator,

I think that this is my first post addressed to you, so I'll wave howdy first and tell you that I've really enjoyed having you around the board. Now on to buisness...

This theory just doesn't hold any water for several reasons. The first reason being that even if the tribe voted her out, she would not be able to communicate with her family. All of the contestants, including those that are pre juried are "hidden" by MB until the end of the filming. Vee knows this, as it is in the contract that the Survivors sign before entering the game.

The second, is that Vee has alredy been on the island for around 28-30 days at the point that she would recieve this news. She is just a few days away from the possibility of 1 million dollars. She would have to be foolish to ask people to vote her off at this point. Although this has happened before with Mitchel, it was at a relatively early part of the game. (day 12 I believe.)

Third, she is a crucial part of Sean's chances to win the game. He is shown doing the consoling. If she even had a thought about doing this, then I believe that he would try and talk her out of it.

Finally, all of these reasons could prove moot if their was a death in her family. I'm sure that a contestant would be allowed to leave the island at this point to make funeral arrangements and such. There is no evidance of this having happend to Vee though, and she is pictured competing in the RC after she hears the news. If there had been a death in her family, then I believe that she would have left immediately.

Hope I don't sound to harsh, but I just wanted to take time to think out the condolence boot theory a bit. See you around...

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-27-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
You know what's really weird Naked, about these sudden theories about Vee having a death in the family;

It was not too long ago that a now discredited spoiler called "EthanFan" from SS, had a similar theory about Kathy getting booted Week 7, for the exact same reason.

***Note (to Jeff): I'm not suggesting that you're theory has any connection to this; I just thought it was ironic, that's all .

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
what's really weird Naked, about these sudden theories about Vee having a death in the family;
It was not too long ago that a now discredited spoiler called "EthanFan" from SS, had a similar theory about Kathy getting booted Week 7

Teddy_Bear, on Bungler's vidcap thread, I stated I remember reading that Vee's grandparent died during filming. JeffGator has a simliar recollection, also H2RCu....(Sorry, I don't remember your name). None of us remember the source at this point. I remember it as being a paper source--not online.

That's 3 posters in good standing who remember this.

(Jeff & H2--does your local newspaper carry the USA Weekend Sunday insert? I think it might have been in there late last year, but I'm not sure how to search for it.)

Swami

04-28-02, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Don't Confuse Kathy with Vee (or, Ep. 7 with Ep. 10)"
Swami: thank you for confirming this; I think it has definite spoiling implications.

One thing I don't understand about your post, is the connection with EthanFan and the 3 credible sources, you mentioned.

Please re-read my post again; as I in no way seek to discredit the credibility of any of the Vee spoilers.

All I said was that EthanFan--now, a discredited spoiler--made the same claim about Kathy prior to Ep. 7.

Maybe this poster had the right facts, but the wrong dates and contestant in mind.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kathy: I can't believe I'm sitting next to this young buck.

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you
feel inferior without your consent.
http://www.amnesty.org/

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-02 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

One thing I would like to add--if Vecepia and Tammy are next to go, I think Sean and Kathy would form a tight 2 person alliance. You can even see in the picture--Robert is now the outcast, Kathy is next to Sean, and Paschal is next to Neleh.

Again, I think I'll quote myself when I said that logic is telling me I'm getting WAY ahead of myself, and that it is most likely just a picture taken when the 5 of them were together!

Richard Hatch/Tina Wesson/Ethan Zohn/Kathy O'Brien
"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...and there it goes."--Bobby Hill
--Pappy's getting a little happy

04-28-02, 05:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Could this be from Ep.10?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-02 AT 06:07 PM (EST)

Sweetpea, if this pic is from a future episode,

ie., #10: "The Princess," then it would explain who wins the RC--Tammy, who takes Vee, the Birthday Girl; as a guest.

The others would then be "stone- faced," for different reasons.

Robert, becase Tammy has made it clear that she's going to keep fighting, and not go down with a sinking ship (Robert).

The others, because they are suspicious, and--rightly so, of Tammy's motivations.

When the two come back all happy; everyone is happy for Vee, but suspicious of Tammy's motivations.

They're afraid that Tammy might try to influence Vee to come over to the dark side.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kathy: I'll love John for now, and get him back later.

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
http://www.amnesty.org/

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-26-02, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "help needed"
I think the first thing to do would be to go back and rewatch episode #8 and see if there is ever a time when these five are wearing the same clothing etc.

Also, is this from a clip of the actualy episode, or is it a still photo publicity shot? The reason I ask is that if it is a still photo then simply looking to see if the scene actually occurs in ep#8 would not be conclusive since those photos are being taken constantly by photographers and might encompass moments later left on the cutting room floor.

Also, I've seen IceCat is back in full vidcap analysis swing (BTW, great call on teh stilt fighting)...maybe he can hop in and do one of those old school facial hear growth comparisons between Robert/Pap/Sean in this photo and at a similar time in the game???

Cmon Cat, I'm not going to beg

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-26-02, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "A poor substitute?"
I'm no IceCat, but the question bothered me enough to go back and find some Ep. 8 preview shots to compare this with. Sadly, I've always had the ability to do my own screen captures, but have been too lazy to get the cords and connect the VCR. . .These brainy boys make it too easy to sit back and let them do all the work.

On the left are portions of the photo in question (sorry--damned little to work with, size-wise,) on the right are parts of Bungler's Ep. 8 preview vidcaps ("There's a conspiracy going on here. . .")

From what I can tell, Robert and Pappy's growth is comparable, and Seans' may indeed be conflicting with the background to make his look longer than it really was. Even during Ep. 9 last night (go back to when they were exhausted from gorging themselves, and flopped back in their rustic lawn chairs,) I noticed his beard was pretty nappy and patchy--nowhere near as long as the picture makes it appear.

GT

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-02, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Excellent Work GT..."
Here is some additional confirmation of your findings on Sean's beard and the rock:

That's definitely some rock cleavage in the background and NOT Sean sporting some big-ass Freudian goatee!

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-02, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: help needed"
>I think the first thing to do would be to go
>back and rewatch episode #8 and see if there is
>ever a time when these five are wearing the same
>clothing etc.

I've seen episode 8 about a dozen times (while taking notes for the summary I was writing) and I don't recognize this scene at all. I really don't see this coming from that episode -- but I am in the camp that believes it's from a future episode.

I'm leaning towards to this being a shot from when Tammy wins RC and takes Vee with her as a birthday treat on the cruise ship -- it'll be interesting to see if neither Tammy nor Vee goes on the ship, this would then mean this is from a future episode after both are booted. It might very well happen -- Tammy loses IC this week and get booted, then Robert wins IC in episode 11 (don't ask me how) and they boot Vee because Sean has bonded well with Pappy.

Other than that... I really don't have a clear idea about the origin of the picture.

GO HABS!
"I'm the General and that's that."
Robert DeCanio, April 11/02

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
I think it's impossible to tell anything from this picture of Sean. It looks more like the dark rock background than a pointy beard to me.

It might be better to compare pictures of Robert, since he is closer and more in focus. His hair looks pretty short. (was he bald when the show started?) Hair generally grows about 1/2 inch per month, and his looks shorter than that to me.

Overall, the lighting in this picture is so bad, I don't think it's possible to tell if its beard growth, or shadows.

~ true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-02 AT 10:30 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-26-02 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

>I think it's impossible to tell
>anything from this picture of
>Sean. It looks more
>like the dark rock background
>than a pointy beard to
>me.
>
I second the motion that Sean's "beard" is really something in the background. If it were his beard, it looks too Burl Ives-ish, way too much growth for the 6-9 days (until F5) since Ep. 9.

I am not so sure how conclusive a clothing analysis will be, as it seems Kathy and Paschal never, ever change their clothes!!! Does Paps have something else to wear besides that g-d blue t-shirt??? And Kathy always seems to be braless in that skimpy blue top (ick, ick, ick).

I have a question though about Vee's homesickness. Many have geen speculating that maybe she is so homesick she asks to be booted. But she can't go home until after Day 39 either way. Are bootees allowed to call home while on the island? I would think that would compromise the secrecy of the show. Of course, the threat of a $5m suit might keep them quiet. What are the official rules on this? (I can't believe I don't know this after 3 1/2 of these DAW parades.) Thanks.

* Edited once for typos and the second time b/c I am a crappy proofreader!

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-26-02, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
I dont think they are allowed to call home..because of the secrecy of who getz voted out when..So i think it is mis-direction that Vee is so homesick that she askz to be voted off..that would stupid..cuz she obviously knows she cant see ne of her family until they could fly back to the US. So i think this Vee homesick thing is crazy..it is so obviouz that it is either Robert or Tammy..

Rude Awakening 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-27-02, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rude%20Awakening Click to send private message to Rude%20Awakening Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
And people are telling me not to look for spoilers over at See-BS. hmmmph.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-02, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
LOL! No, what peeps are telling you is not to trust spoilers fromm See-BS. They're eeeeeevil!!! Hey, it's been a tough season, we're all getting a bit punchy.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-03-02, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Time to revisit this"
Was it Vee that fell out of the tree in the recaps? If so, could she be next because of an injury?

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Time to revisit this"
It is Sean falling, not Vee. You can see this clearly in the vidcaps thread.

Swami

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-09-02, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Something Keeps Bringing me back to this picture"
Remember when this picture was posted Tammy was still in the game. I can't see Tammy and Vee being away together especially since Tammy said Vee didn't carry her weight. Is it just coincidence that those two are missing from this pick? Awfully big coincidence in my mind.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-09-02, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Have We Seen This Scene Before?"
Too bad we can't see Neleh's top in this pic, just saying b/c the top (green) in the reward challenge pics I dont think I have ever seen before. If we could see this top in this pic then it might give us a clue to a future episode, but I tried to zoom in on it and it looks like the buff.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •