The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Master Class Lady: professional cr..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-23-09, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Master Class Lady: professiona..."
I've been trying to vary the performer that I feature from MCL's critiques. Of the performers left, only Adam has not been featured. And this week it is all superlatives--she had no critique for him! Adam is also MCL's pick for the season.

http://masterclasslady.com/2009/04/23/american-idol-season-8-top-7-vocal-masterclass-article-disco-music/

"ADAM LAMBERT 27-years-old: “If I Can’t Have You” by Yvonne Elliman

Strengths: Adam- first of all, what a look! I was not expecting the Glambert look for Disco Week, but then, with you, the credo is always ”expect the unexpected“, isn’t it? Whatever anyone else does, you do the opposite, don’t you?

Last week, you were the only singer who did not sing a ballad, thus distinguishing your performance in both tempo and style. This week, however, while the other singers sang upbeat numbers, you did quite the opposite and toned down your approach. How you manage to stay one step ahead of everyone is quite another story and I would love to hear it some day. It is true genius on your part.

What an inspired modification of this classic number! And, although I am certain that you were responsible for the initial idea, how classy of you to extend credit to American Idol arranger extraordinaire, Michael Orland, for his contribution to this finalized masterpiece.

Throughout this number, your voice sounded so controlled and so resonant, at times ringing with head voice clarity and other times reverberating with dynamically strong, muscular vocals. You are so knowledgeable in the manner in which you blend your head/chest mix - it allows you to explore vocal terrain rarely explored by other singers because you possess stellar technical accuity. You are a tremendously refined singer and your hard work and diligence is truly something special.

The emotion and the angst that you rendered throughout this number was so real, so genuine. We could hear it through your animated voice, especially when you expressed grief and unhappiness through your lamenting upper range vocals . For me, this was the highlight of the entire song. Your voice sounded so open and free, moving from pure head voice into a richer, fuller vocal sound. Ah - it was just so, so beautiful.

You can’t teach this -the technique perhaps - but not the emotion. It has to come from within the heart of a true artist who is not afraid to wear his emotions on his sleeve. All singers must learn that they must emotionally deliver a vocal number in the same manner as you would speak it; this is the way you extablish a powerful connection with your audience - by grabbing their hearts, their souls with their vocal passion and sensitivity.

Technique allows singers to stretch their voice and truly use it as a powerful communicative instrument. And, throughout your tenure on American Idol, Adam, you have never ever disappointed us in this respect. You are a sensitive, emotionally driven and, yet, extremely intelligent artist - exceptionally creative and unique.

In closing, I would like to highlight the little flirting you accomplished with your lower range - it was wonderful to hear the resonant depth and beauty in this area of your vocal range, as it provided such wonderful contrast to the ringing presence of your upper range. Next time, treat us to even more - your bottom voice is gorgeous, like velvet!

And, thank you so much for supporting your lower range -oftentimes this is not the case with singers. However, by accessing your diphragmatic support in a continuous manner, you were capable of creating a seamless segue in to your upper range. Your melodic line was flawless and centered throughout this number - sheer perfection, really!

Congratulations and standing ovation from MCL! Brilliant showcase!

Critique: Adam - you are released from a critique this week. You mouth was round, your jaw was relaxed, the emotional artistry was impeccable and the whole performance was a magnificent adventure. I think this means that it was an A+++++++, wouldn’t you agree? Bravo and congratulations on a phenomenal showcase."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Master Class Lady: professional cr...   zazzy     03-14-09       
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     03-14-09     1  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     03-16-09     2  
         RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     03-17-09     3  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   okaychatt     03-18-09     4  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     03-18-09     5  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   sylvester     04-23-09     15  
   RE: Top 11--Master Class Lady: pro...   zazzy     03-21-09     6  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     03-28-09     7  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     03-28-09     8  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     04-05-09     9  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     04-05-09     10  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   mtb002     04-09-09     11  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     04-09-09     12  
   Top 7 critiques   zazzy     04-17-09     13  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     04-23-09     14  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Glow     04-24-09     16  
         RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   mtb002     04-24-09     17  
         RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     04-24-09     18  
         RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   DoodleBug     04-28-09     19  
             RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   mhdallas     04-28-09     20  
   RE: Master Class Lady: Top 5 Rat P...   mtb002     04-30-09     21  
     RE: Master Class Lady: Top 5 Rat P...   zazzy     05-01-09     22  
         RE: Master Class Lady: Top 5 Rat P...   mtb002     05-01-09     24  
     RE: Master Class Lady: Top 5 Rat P...   zazzy     05-01-09     23  
   Top 4   Snidget     05-07-09     25  
     RE: Top 4   DoodleBug     05-07-09     26  
     RE: Top 4   zazzy     05-11-09     27  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     05-16-09     28  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   DoodleBug     05-18-09     29  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     05-24-09     30  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •