The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Master Class Lady: professional cr..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-14-09, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Master Class Lady: professional cr..."
Master Class Lady provides weekly analysis and critique of the AI performers. She has already picked one of the them to win or at least come in second--and she does not do that every year.

Here's her top 13 analysis:

http://masterclasslady.com/2009/03/12/top-13-american-idol-season-8-vocal-masterclass-article-the-music-of-michael-jackson/

Here's an example of the MCL critique on Matt:

"Strengths: Matt -what an absolute treat to watch you tickle those ivories while you sang this great number. As a pianist myself, I truly admired your piano skills - the phrasing and the musicality were absolutely first-rate. You really dig into those keys and your aggressive, but expressive approach to your piano accompaniment signaled to me that you are a confident, well-educated musician.

I loved your bluesy, introspective approach to this song very much and the generous manner in which you exposed every possible layer in your vocal range and dynamic. You take risks, Matt, and I like that very much. You obviously possess some gorgeous head resonance, as we could so appreciate toward the end of this song.

You, along with a few others, bring a new dimension to the Idol stage this year and, in your case, it is a relaxed, soulful style that looks and sounds folksy and contemporary at the same time. Very neat! Very distinctive! Very singular! And that spells success in my book.

Superb work, Matt!

Critique: Matt-okay, we need to get you some vocal lessons stat! Would that you could apply as much energy into your diaphragmatic support as you do when you play the piano!

Throughout this song, your voice lacked direction. You suffered some pitch problems and your overall vocal timbre was very vague, almost wispy in content. I completely understand that you are going for a very relaxed, carefee style here, Matt, but, yous till have to harness your vocal sound with potent technical skills.

You encountered some problems when you soulfully engaged your upper range and your voice, unfortunately, lacked the clarity and ring that is necessary in this part of your range. Therefore, your pitch was off-center and you lost control of the reins, even when you moved back to the lower part of your voice.

And your mouth! Oh my! The position of your mouth was far too horizontal; a circular mouth position while you focus your melodic line on the pure vowels is the way to go, Matt! And, drop that very tense jaw - loosen up those facial muscles and let your stomach and back muscles do the work.

Remember to keep your throat open and free, thus allowing your voice to float effortlessly from your body. Of course, this means that the diaphragmatic muscles have to be thoroughly engaged to release the perfect amount of air to create the purest vocal sound possible at every dynamic level.

You are an extremely musical young artist and I hope that this advice will help you to advance and achieve your true potential on this show."

And MCL's pick for this year's winner:

http://masterclasslady.com/2009/02/04/a-masterclass-early-pick-adam-lambert-cabaret-idol/

She includes this you tube video of Adam--his demo reel. Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuH7t63oHi4

Wish I had read her site before doing my PTTEs!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Master Class Lady: professional cr...   zazzy     03-14-09       
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     03-14-09     1  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     03-16-09     2  
         RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     03-17-09     3  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   okaychatt     03-18-09     4  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     03-18-09     5  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   sylvester     04-23-09     15  
   RE: Top 11--Master Class Lady: pro...   zazzy     03-21-09     6  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     03-28-09     7  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     03-28-09     8  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     04-05-09     9  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Belle Book     04-05-09     10  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   mtb002     04-09-09     11  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     04-09-09     12  
   Top 7 critiques   zazzy     04-17-09     13  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     04-23-09     14  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   Glow     04-24-09     16  
         RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   mtb002     04-24-09     17  
         RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     04-24-09     18  
         RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   DoodleBug     04-28-09     19  
             RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   mhdallas     04-28-09     20  
   RE: Master Class Lady: Top 5 Rat P...   mtb002     04-30-09     21  
     RE: Master Class Lady: Top 5 Rat P...   zazzy     05-01-09     22  
         RE: Master Class Lady: Top 5 Rat P...   mtb002     05-01-09     24  
     RE: Master Class Lady: Top 5 Rat P...   zazzy     05-01-09     23  
   Top 4   Snidget     05-07-09     25  
     RE: Top 4   DoodleBug     05-07-09     26  
     RE: Top 4   zazzy     05-11-09     27  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     05-16-09     28  
     RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   DoodleBug     05-18-09     29  
   RE: Master Class Lady: professiona...   zazzy     05-24-09     30  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •