The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Zoe's CBS Live Chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-02, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Zoe's CBS Live Chat"
Hello again everyone. Just here to give you some possible "spoiling" information from the CBS Live Chat. Please feel free to add anything that I missed.

Q: Who surprised you most with their deceiving ways?

A: Oooooh . . . that's an intriguing question. Laughs, giggle, giggle. You know I think I'm going to have to answer that question when we come down to the final vote because it's going to take some of that to be the last one standing.

Happy Spoiling Everyone!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Important point! SurvivinDawg 04-26-02 1
   . . . or not? George Tirebiter 04-26-02 5
       RE: . . . or not? SurvivinDawg 04-29-02 9
 RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat JeffGator 04-26-02 2
 RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat sittem 04-26-02 3
   RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat JeffGator 04-26-02 4
       me too Cathy the Canadian 04-27-02 6
           RE: No Zoeker Face Teddy_Bear 04-27-02 7
 RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat George Tirebiter 04-28-02 8
   RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat SurvivinDawg 04-29-02 10
   Zoe & Bipolar Disorder PsychoDoc 04-29-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Important point!"
One thing I have noticed, that in both her final chat and her early show appearance, Zoe apparently does not mention Pappy and Neleh AT ALL. This could be See-BS editing, which begs the question of "why?", it could be that she wasn't asked about it, perhaps by See-BS editing the questions and controlling Jane Clayson, again begging the question "why?", or it could be Zoe has nothing to say about those two, AGAIN begging the question "why?".

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-26-02, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. ". . . or not?"
Um, Dawg? You stated this on the thread I started about the Early Show, too--but I DID report she spoke about them. . . Remember? Neleh is a sweetheart, she'll go far in the future. . . Pappy is the anchor--you could go to him with anything.

This'll teach you to bastardize your Scotch--always drink it NEAT, man!

GT

Always be sincere, even when you don't mean it.

04-29-02, 06:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: . . . or not?"
Yes, mommy. I stand corrected about the Early Show.

This'll teach you to bastardize your Scotch--always drink it NEAT, man!

but I *like* amaretto in my scotch! But, in my defense, I would never bastardize a single malt scotch... I only do this to the blended scotch.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat"
Everyone voted for her--therefore everyone deceived her. I don't think any one person deceived her any more than another. You could make a case for just about anyone left that they deceived her the most. I don't think this tells us too much.

Richard Hatch/Tina Wesson/Ethan Zohn/Kathy O'Brien
"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...and there it goes."--Bobby Hill
--Pappy's getting a little happy

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-26-02, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat"
I can't put any stock in anything she says. Last night at TC Jiffy asked her a question and her answer was virtually unintelligible (also unspellable). Today on the Early Show she tended to ramble and mumble.

Everyone redeems themselves some when they come on after getting home. And, I resisted watching a bit today just 'cause I wanted to continue to dismiss her. She did seem a little more human (and a lot fatter - takes one to know one). But, she didn't seem any smarter or inciteful - she just isn't really playing with a full deck IMHO.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat"
I can't put any stock in anything she says. Last night at TC Jiffy asked her a question and her answer was virtually unintelligible (also unspellable). Today on the Early Show she tended to ramble and mumble.

Everyone redeems themselves some when they come on after getting home. And, I resisted watching a bit today just 'cause I wanted to continue to dismiss her. She did seem a little more human (and a lot fatter - takes one to know one). But, she didn't seem any smarter or inciteful - she just isn't really playing with a full deck IMHO.

Sittem--like you said in another post, we don't always agree on things, but right now I couldn't agree with you more. I don't think she's playing with a full deck of cards either. The more I watch her whether it be in the show or outside the show, she seems like a total moron who is always confused about what is going on around her. I don't know where they found her.

Richard Hatch/Tina Wesson/Ethan Zohn/Kathy O'Brien
"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...and there it goes."--Bobby Hill
--Pappy's getting a little happy

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-27-02, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "me too"
I agree with you guys. Zoe is just a moron. What kind of strategy was it to tell Tammy that she never liked her? The "I think I'll alienate myself as much as possible" strategy? But that's for the basher board.

Also, I don't think anyone decieved Zoe. It was just the opposite - she decieved everyone else.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-27-02, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No Zoeker Face"
>Also, I don't think anyone decieved
>Zoe. It was just
>the opposite - she decieved
>everyone else.

I think you must have meant to say, that Zoe attempted, and--failed miserably--at deceiving anyone, besides herself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Neleh: Oh Pappy, I'm so glad you smuggled.

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-28-02, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat"
I don't know why I feel obliged to add anything to this, because once again, Zoe failed to give us anything to work with. . . Maybe it's just to make up for the time I wasted waiting for the whole lousy transcript to load from sfever (where it is posted as images, rather than simple TEXT! I realize you can't copy/paste these chats, but it wouldn't be THAT hard to transcribe it. . .)

I only noticed a few things, and they pertain more to trying to figure out this reality-impaired girl than spoiling the rest of the game.

For some reason, I was irritated FOR her at the beginning of the series, when so many people ASSUMED she was gay. Single mother, traditionally-masculine profession--doesn't necessarily add up, so why obsess? Then we heard about the female photog from NYC who was drawn to the stories of the Lobster Lady, and approached her to do this lameass calendar--including *shudder* nudie shots--and in the process, they have become "very close." Mkay, Scribe, add her Hulk-a-riffic posing on The Early Show, and I was about to give you this one. . . And yet--when asked about people on the island she found attractive? She singles out Gabe ("who is almost the same age as my son, so. . .") and wishes she'd had a chance to meet Hunter. Go figure. (Zoe, can you spell "conflicted?" or "denial?")

I STILL don't think sexual prefs really have much to do with the whole Survivor scene, but perhaps Zoe's ambiguous persona contributed to the odd relationships between the women? John reported that the men all got along, but virtually NONE of the women did. In my own experience, women in a NON-competetive mode tend to get along like loving sisters, but you throw in the opposite sex (or a million dollar prize?) and there can be an ugliness that most men don't even recognize--especially when you have younger girls competing with more experienced. Throw in a woman you can't even be sure where she fits into this scheme, and I guess it was bound to get weird.

Other chat goodies: If you checked out the sorry excuse for a website that's been promoting Zoe's calendar, you already know that she fell in love with Oz while there, and hopes to buy land. After 16 years of lobstering, she wants to give it up and *snicker* pursue a film career (let's not forget the Early Show remarks that the calendar is "Hef bait!")

And perhaps most telling of all was the comment that the ailing mother she had to take care of for years was suffering from BI-POLAR disorder. . . Don't know when that became something you had to nurse like a terminal cancer patient, but it could go a long ways toward explaining Zoe's difficulties with the Real World--whether she lacks exposure to it, or has inherited some "special" genes all her own. . . She is definitely not playing with a full deck, or she would surely have the sense to retreat to that boat and keep her mouth shut. Her local newspaper describes her as "boisterous and raucous," and I guess that frequently pairs off with "cluelessness" (just think of the drunk who ruins every party. . .)

BTW, I had not looked into these SeeBS chats until Gina's, and am now of the opinion that the Loozers are NOT the ones actually typing their answers. The first chat struck me as odd, because Gina didn't strike me as the kind of person who would insert a bunch of *laughs* or *giggles* into her speech--and Zoe's chat had even more of those--some prolonged. So--it's not just that there's someone official there to make sure they don't say something revealing, it's more likely that they're not given ANY leeway at all to screw things up for MB.

Guess that means these official chats are not likely to yielf anything pithy--even when the subject DOES have a personality. I think we stand a better chance when they appear live and have more opportunity to let something untoward slip out.

GT

Always be sincere, even when you don't mean it.

04-29-02, 06:35 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Zoe's CBS Live Chat"
BTW, I had not looked into these SeeBS chats until Gina's, and am now of the opinion that the Loozers are NOT the ones actually typing their answers. The first chat struck me as odd, because Gina didn't strike me as the kind of person who would insert a bunch of *laughs* or *giggles* into her speech--and Zoe's chat had even more of those--some prolonged. So--it's not just that there's someone official there to make sure they don't say something revealing, it's more likely that they're not given ANY leeway at all to screw things up for MB.

I absolutely and emphatically agree with this. I think these chats have been carefully edited, and I also notice that, unlike most of S-III, the chats are not posted to the See-BS website in anything that can remotely be considered a timely manner.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

PsychoDoc 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-29-02, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoDoc Click to send private message to PsychoDoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Zoe & Bipolar Disorder"
As with most major mental disorders, a person sufferring from BPD can cause their family to suffer greatly. I have had family members telling me that it would have been easier if their relative have a terminal/physical illness rather than a chronic debilitating mental disorder.
When stable, a person with BPD can function like you and I, or even better. However, if they are treatment resistant or refuse to be compliant to treatment, they can create a living hell for their family. In the manic state, they can get into all sorts of trouble and the family often find themselves unable to keep up with them. In the depressive state, they have a different set of problems. If they oscillate in an ultra-rapid cycle, one can only imagine how difficult it becomes, especially if they do not have a good support system. I'm not saying that this is the case with Zoe and her mother, but just that it is possible that she is not exagerating it.

About the half deck of cards, you are right, she would be predisposed, with a first degree relative suffering from it. Lapses in judgement and some grandiosity can be seen in hypomania. Of note is the conflicting reports of her personality.(I know, what personality? ) In all probability, she might have what is called a cyclothymic personality or frequent mood swings.

Know that there is no spoiler stuff here, just trying to practice some psychoeducation. Hope I didn't sound too preachy. It's just that I get a little too excitable when it comes to this area.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •