The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Media predictions (and PTTEs)."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-09, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Media predictions (and PTTEs)."
We can't award them any points for it, but since Entertainment Weekly managed to get their first two picks right on their personal PTTE list, I thought it would be worth posting their entire order.

13. Jasmine
12. Jorge
11. Anoop
10. Megan
9. Scott
8. Michael
7. Matt
6. Allison
5. Alexis
4. Kris
3. Lil
2. Adam
1. Danny

Keep big media crystal ball readings and discussions of same on this one. Your blog doesn't count. Right. Your blog. You know the one.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Media predictions (and PTTEs). zazzy 03-14-09 1
   RE: Media predictions (and PTTEs). mindy23 03-14-09 2
 RE: Media predictions (and PTTEs). Belle Book 03-14-09 3
 Yahoo TV southpaw 03-16-09 4
 NY Daily News Snidget 03-17-09 5
   RE: NY Daily News zazzy 03-17-09 6
   RE: NY Daily News geekboy 03-17-09 7
       RE: NY Daily News Snidget 03-17-09 8
       RE: NY Daily News CTgirl 03-17-09 9
   RE: NY Daily News geekboy 03-19-09 10
       RE: NY Daily News zazzy 03-19-09 11
           RE: NY Daily News Loree 03-19-09 12
               RE: NY Daily News Belle Book 03-19-09 13
                   RE: NY Daily News Tahj 03-19-09 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-14-09, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Media predictions (and PTTEs)."
That's a pretty good list, but I thought the "pretty girl with good legs" makes it further than 10th each year. And can Kris really get to 5th? Is he the no-spotlight-to-speak-of one to make it the furthest?

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-14-09, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Media predictions (and PTTEs)."
Pretty girl with legs this season-unfortunately does not carry a tune in a bucket. And those floppy arms? Yeah, I can see that prediction.

Don't know where Kris comes in at, though. Guess 'cause he's just so darned cute, and the voters don't mind that he has a wife, afterall.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Media predictions (and PTTEs)."
I don't see Kris going as far as Entertainment Weekly thinks. And I hope Lil goes farther than EW thinks -- like to the finals!

southpaw 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-16-09, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail southpaw Click to send private message to southpaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Yahoo TV"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-09 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

Didn't know where else to put this. Saw this on Yahoo TV. <http://tv.yahoo.com> I found it interesting that Anoop was selected as the one that should go home next

Q: We know who you think has the most star potential, but of the remaining top 11 "American Idol" finalists, who do you think should go home next?

* Danny Gokey 6%
* Alexis Grace 3%
* Kris Allen 4%
* Lil Rounds 6%
* Michael Sarver 7%
* Adam Lambert 9%
* Megan Corkrey 18%
* Allison Iraheta 4%
* Anoop Desai 31%
* Scott MacIntyre 8%
* Matt Giraud 4%

(2415 people voted in this poll)

Results: Who has more star potential?

Idol Rank
Danny Gokey 1
Alexis Grace 2
Adam Lambert 3
Allison Iraheta 4
Lil Rounds 5
Megan Corkrey 6
Scott MacIntyre 7
Kris Allen 8
Anoop Desai 9
Michael Sarver 10
Matt Giraud 12

Jasmine was 11
Jorge was 15

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-09, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "NY Daily News"
If the leak from an "AI staffer" is right

Final Four the producer want
Adam, Alexis, Danny and Lil

Final Two the producers want
Danny Alexis

Fodder
Everyone else.

link

Raise your hand if your shocked.

*cranes neck looking for raised hand*

I thought so.

Normund Invasion by Agman

03-17-09, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NY Daily News"
Good find, Snidget! Loved that they used the word "fodder". Must have been reading this board, lol.

"If it was just her prediction, she’d be spot-on with this week’s TV Guide, which also chose those exact four wanna-be crooners as its picks for stardom."

I posted the highlights from the TV Guide article in the pimpage thread. Wonder why AI has a loose cannon this year. If what she says is true, then at least we'll be treated to A/D/A/L performances for weeks to come. Still wondering if one of them gets the suppposed boot only to be saved by the judges.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-17-09, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NY Daily News"
Haven't these 'inside memos' been leaked in prior years adding fuel to the 'conspiracy/rigged' fire before? And they've always been proven false.

Again, as I state EVERY YEAR, if this show is fixed, how the heck has it been kept a secret for 8 years without ANY contestant speaking out, and NOTHING being found proving it is rigged?????

geekboy

"In a competition of hamburgers, you are a steak." - S. Cowell

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-09, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: NY Daily News"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-09 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

Well I don't know that people not speaking out when I assume they have the same we sue you for several million dollars if you spill the beans every other reality TV show person has to sign really means a whole lot.

I think most shows are a lot more rigged than they pretend to be.

I don't know that I remember this exact same leaked memo thing happening, but since they are saying basically the same thing as the TV guide or what you could guess from some interviews in the press from the judges, it could be some random loon who needs attention calling every news outlet. I'm not sure a real staffer would risk the lawsuit, as I assume they have non-disclosure stuff in their contracts.

Now a lot of that non-disclosure stuff has an expiration date, so we may see a tell-all book from someone we might believe some date in the future.

ETA: By rigged I mean none of the "random" choices are random. they don't pull songs or dances or anything else out of a hat other than there is one option in the hat for that person. They also will pimp the people they want and be harsh on the people they don't like and some people don't get air time or good songs or good slots or the sound mixing is always bad for them, etc. I think there is a lot they can do that is legal. I'm sure the lawyers know exactly what is actionable and what isn't.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-09, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NY Daily News"
I don't think rigged is the right word because the producers can't/don't overrule who the voters vote for (well except for once this season!) But I do think that the producers try to heavily influence and manipulate who ends up in the final four, and in some peoples minds, that would be "rigged".

Frankly as the judges and producers have become more and more obvious who they are trying to promote, I have become less and less interested in the show.

Top of the mornin' by O'Agman

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-19-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: NY Daily News"
I guess last night proves that this is yet again the annual 'insider leak' hoax.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

03-19-09, 02:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: NY Daily News"
All they had to do was go by the TV Guide photo that promoted Danny, Lil, Adam and Alexis. Looking at last year's TVG top 4 list, only David Cook made it far,

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: NY Daily News"
The producers might have wanted Alexis. But if she didn't have the fans voting it would screw up their plans. It really was too early to use the SAVE.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-19-09, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: NY Daily News"
I'm going to say that the producers did want Alexis in the Final Four, maybe even in the finals. But it doesn't really matter what the producers chose -- what mattered was what the fans chose. They didn't choose Alexis.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: NY Daily News"
Well don't forget that the judges could have saved her and if the producers really did want her in the Final Four they certainly could have leaned on the judges enough to make them do it.

It's a Tribe!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •