The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Was Vee ever REALLY approached by the Rotu 4?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Was Vee ever REALLY approached by the Rotu 4?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-02 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

I know we all have assumed Vee jumped away from Rob and Sean to become the fifth wheel of the Rotu 4, and the recrap seemed to confirm that...but did it really?

The big problem I have is that if Vee told Rob that she was voting for Rob, Sean probably also knew. Therefore, the scene in the recrap was STAGED- think about it: why would Sean and Vee have that conversation with Paschal and Neleh- unless it was to further convince them that the Rotu 4 planned to stab them in the backs after they got their help in booting Sean and Vee- that Rotu really had considered voting of the new Mus first, and Vee had been offered the spot they thought was theirs.

I also don't recall John ever in his interviews mentioning Vee as stabbing them in the back. For all Rob's concern that Vee was getting too chummy with the Rotu 4, we never saw Vee being included in their private counsels. All this leads me to believe that Vee never really was part of a Rotu 5, but was just doing some butt kissing in order to last a few votes longer. The implications of this to me, besides being some very shrewd strategy on Sean and Vee's parts to get Paschal and Neleh in the fold, is that Vee never was all that close to the Rotu 4, and that therefore an alliance of TRSV causing a 4-4 tie is extremely unlikely.

Tammy or Robert goes tonight, which I know was already the majority consensus, but I think we should stop entertaining any thoughts of a tie vote this episode (although I don't guess this precludes KZ or PN teaming up with TR (don't see TRKZ as likely anyway, though because of the ZT catfight)) I suppose it also doesn't preclude several 6-2 votes that could eliminate someone other than Tammy or Robert, but I think the lack of closeness between SV and TR will keep them from teaming up in any combination

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached ... gemstone 04-25-02 1
   RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached ... I_AM_HE 04-25-02 2
 RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached ... Spidey 04-25-02 3
 RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached ... SurvivinDawg 04-25-02 4
   RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached ... I_AM_HE 04-25-02 5
 Gosh, is there a full moon? TechNoir 04-25-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-02, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached by the Rotu 4?"
John did say in his interviews that they tried to get Vee to be their fifth. I think he thought they did have Vee and wasn't worried about N\P\S\K joining up.

04-25-02, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached by the Rotu 4?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-02 AT 05:06 PM (EST)

did he? must have missed that one, drats
ignore this thread then...
but john did insist he knew he was going, which seems strange if he thought vee was with them...

although i still stand by the comment that the conversation in the tent was staged to get Neleh and Paschal to come around to their side

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached by the Rotu 4?"
>The big problem I have is
>that if Vee told Rob
>that she was voting for
>Rob, Sean probably also knew.
>Therefore, the scene in the
>recrap was STAGED- think about
>it: why would Sean and
>Vee have that conversation with
>Paschal and Neleh- unless it
>was to further convince them
>that the Rotu 4 planned
>to stab them in the
>backs after they got their
>help in booting Sean and
>Vee- that Rotu really had
>considered voting of the new
>Mus first, and Vee had
>been offered the spot they
>thought was theirs.

This is exactly why Vee did that whole apology thing in front of P/N. And Sean MIGHT not have known. Vee's vote for Rob wasn't going to make any difference one way or another. Rob thought they were all toast. No need to tell Sean, Rob and Sean both "knew" Sean was next, Vee or no Vee. Or maybe Vee told him on the walk to TC and Rob didn't have a chance to tell Sean. Either way, Sean may not have known before the Tent apology, since not all of the votes were read.

At any rate, it was a really smart move by Vee to do it then, so that Pappy and Neleh would understand they had been lied to.

I am not sure, though, that a T/R/S/V alliance is all that unlikely. I don't think it will happen because I am waiting for my religious alliance to take down the lying heathens, but Tammy and Vee have seemed really chummy and it seems like Sean and Robert get along pretty well too, esp. now that trouble-maker Rob is gone. If Vee and Tammy do win the RC, it would give them an opportunity to strategize and a 4-4 tie could fall into place very nicely.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached by the Rotu 4?"
I think just about everything you said is true, IAH, and I really agree that Sean and Vee staged that show for P & N, BUT...

I also think Vee did strike the alliance with the Rotu4, then realized she was either going to be betrayed or be fifth place at best, so she defected back. If she'd held with it, though, I think they would've carried her to the fifth position as promised.

I also think one reason Vee DID vote for Rob is because she truly didn't like all that "drama" that Rob generated on his last day.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-25-02, 05:53 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Was Vee ever REALLY approached by the Rotu 4?"
another consideration: if Vee was ever on board -which her vote for Rob should have proved- why did the Rotu 4 take out Vee immediately after they took out Sean? I don't think they were really planning to reveal the pecking order, and that it happened somewhat accidentally, but I think eliminating Vee second was a sure sign they never considered her one of them

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Gosh, is there a full moon?"
What is the matter with you folks today?

Of course she did not lie. Jesus would
not be happy with her if she lied.

I keep seeing waves of logic flowing over
the spoiling today. Don't forget (1) Occam's
razor and (2) all things can be explained
by stupidity. Number 2 trumps number 1.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •