The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why NOT Sean?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-02, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why NOT Sean?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-02 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

I know, I know... the SNews spoiler... but let me throw a few things out for your consideration:

1) On the See-BS site, one of the questions is: It's a whole new day at Soliantu. How will Sean and his allies deal with their newfound power,

In the re-crap show, we were shown a good bit of Sean and "his" new alliance.

They are forcing this "Sean's alliance" down our throats.

But Paschal made it clear earlier that he doesn't want Sean to win. Now tell me why Neleh and Paschal voting to wax John means that they have truly allied with Sean?

2) The See-BS poll question: Now that John is gone, which Survivor is most likely to emerge as Soliantu's most powerful tribe member? The choices are Sean, Tammy, and Kathy.

Again, See-BS attempts to convince us that Sean is in a leadership, or powerful, position. Why is this so?

3) Sean was shown a lot in a GOOD light in the recrap show... redemption? The humor of the radio show, convincing the others to wax John, his religion (that we really haven't seen since Episode 1, if you've noticed).

4) Last, but not least: Sean's vote for John was shown, with him and his "in Vegas, bet on Black" remark. Why show that remark? I felt it unusual relative to the way MB normally shows votes... especially since that "checkmate, you thought you had me" (or whatever he exactly said) broke the suspense a few minutes early...

And what's been bothering me the most: From the See-BS website: One castaway forms a crafty new strategy and another can't believe that the tribe is falling for it.

This has been bugging the $#!+ out of me. WHO would be forming a crafty new strategy? We've assumed Zoe, maybe Kathy, maybe Tammy or the General, but I can easily see SEAN being crafty, and someone else like Neleh or Paschal being unable to believe it.

I suspect that Zoe and Kathy have a stronger alliance than we're being shown. Zoe is being shown as weak/vulnerable/on-the-losing-side wayyyy too much.

Therefore, I can throw out a shaky-limb guess that Pappy and Neleh convince Kathy and Zoe to vote for Sean. This would either lead to the much-speculated tie vote OR Tammy and Robert are convinced and go for it, also.

Yeah, it's way too late in the game to seriously analyze this, and I'm not saying I'm going to vote for Sean. But... Well, go ahead and rip holes in this...

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why NOT Sean? Cin 04-25-02 1
 RE: Why NOT Sean? kdzgon 04-25-02 2
 RE: Why NOT Sean? shakes the clown 04-25-02 3
 RE: Why NOT Sean? janisella 04-25-02 4
 because of Vee PagongRatEater 04-25-02 5
   RE: because of Vee steppingrazor42 04-25-02 7
 RE: Why NOT Sean? sleeeve 04-25-02 6
 RE: Why NOT Sean? SurvivinDawg 04-25-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-25-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why NOT Sean?"
I think they still are redeeming Sean. Also I think that Pappy made the comment about not wanting Sean to win to John, cause he was still snowed by John and the other Rotu4 to realize what was going on.

Also, Gina painted Sean in a really bad light, and I'm sure Pappy is now learning for himself weather Sean is a good guy or not. I think the core 4 (or hope actually) Will be N/P/V/S and Kathy will be the fifth in their alliance. I can see Kathy getting inot the final 4 through immunity, but with the religous beliefs that N/P/V/S will stick together.

Cin

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-02, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why NOT Sean?"
I think you are on the right track, just an episode or two too soon.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why NOT Sean?"
>I know, I know... the SNews
>spoiler... but let me throw
>a few things out for
>your consideration:

.....sorry Dawg, but I can't. And based on your stellar spoiling record you shouldn't be either. Based on Snwersers credibility this spoiler has to be considered a FACT by us, therefore there is NO way Sean goes anywhere this week under any scenario. Because of that it isn't even worth entertaining theories and ideas that migth point to his boot. We simply MUST accept the Snwerser spoiler as fact.

Now, during the Rob boot episode I made an argument that Sean might go if Rob wins immunity, but that was only after I was led to believe that SNewser was abandoning his spoiler. Once I saw that Snewser was sticking by his spoiler then I immediately abandoned any notion of Sean going or for that matter, Rob winning immunity since I knew that would most likely lead to a Sean boot.

The Snewser spoiler is teh most valuable tool we've had to work with this entire series and I can't see any reason why anyone would even think of abandoning it at this point.

>Yeah, it's way too late in
>the game to seriously analyze
>this, and I'm not saying
>I'm going to vote for
>Sean. But... Well,
>go ahead and rip holes
>in this...

....I'm not going to rip holes in your analysis since it is both well thought out and logical. However, as I already stated, based on the Snwerser spoiler this is a dead issue and should not even be considered. One thing though, I would argue about the whole theory that Pappy dislikes Sean and doesn't want him to win. I think he is coming around to Sean and starting to lose some of the preconceived notions of Sean that he got from Gina...I think all his anti-Sean comments from last ep were there simply to add suspense to the formation of the SuperMu alliance last ep.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why NOT Sean?"
SD, I agree with you. Now that they've gotten rid of John, there's no reason to keep Sean around. Pappy does not like the guy. Maybe he was redeemed in the recap show like Jerri was so we'll feel bad when he goes.

J.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "because of Vee"
I think that Sean and Vee are kind of a package deal. If you vote Sean off too soon then Vee can just run to T/Z/R and then THEY would have the majority. I think that until they get rid of any new possible alliance mates for Vee then Sean gets to stick around. I believe in 1-2 more weeks we WILL see Sean go, but for THIS week he should be OK.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-02, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: because of Vee"
I agree with you 100%, I also think N/P like Vee and wouldn't want to cause any waves. The scene in the "tent" with S/V/N/P/ from the recap episode last night was very revealing to me...how Vee apoligized about voting for Rob and coming foward with trying to be part of the Rotu4, having this all happen in front of N/P for some reason I think will bond them together even more. BUT just as you have said, once T/R are gone I think tribal lines will stand again and Sean is covered in jelly 'cause he's toast!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-02, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why NOT Sean?"
>I know, I know... the SNews
>spoiler... but let me throw
>a few things out for
>your consideration:

For all of the reasons, I just typed out my vote for Sean in the vote thread... I had all of this logic, plus more. I fit in all of the pieces. I analyzed what the best strategy every player could use was.

But right before I clicked submit, I remembered two things:

1) SNewser's spoiler... I'd take it as fact... Sean can't go yet.
2) This is Survivor... when they say "most unpredictable episode ever", what they mean is "we're gonna boot off exactly who you think"... which in this case would be Tammy or Robert. With Tammy's IC win, that leaves only one obvious bootee, and according to a very wise member of the board, the CBS previews will always try to lead you away from the bootee.

That Hollow Theory really does come in handy... it's 100% of my reasoning behind this week's vote.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why NOT Sean?"
Thanks for the input, everyone! I agree that the SNews spoiler is very hard to disagree with.

As to the Hollow Theory... the theory itself is almost never wrong (if it isn't misdirection, then it's "hiding in plain sight"), but our interpretations of the data might be different and also wrong. It's partly the Hollow Theory that presented these examples to me... but the arguments for Tammy and Robert are equally valid under the Theory.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •