The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-03-09, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
Wow - i'm starting a rankings thread.

Wow, I actually watched my first AI 8 performance show LIVE.

And it was a good one with some surprises.

Worthy Of Going To Top 12
-------------------------
Ju'Not - i was impressed, and i hadn't seen him perform before, but it was a GREAT performance. It had a David Cook feel to it. The guy is good.

Felicia Barton - Another "Wow" performance for me, one i wasn't expecting since again, i don't know if i've seen her before. "No One" is not easy to sing (I think, not being a singer myself), but she has that low female voice that does something for me. Very nice, and very sexy.

Scott Macintyre - Randy and Kara were right. not a perfect perfrmance, but you felt it come through emotionally. This guy has talent, and he was visibly nervous tonight. I think if he would have been behind the keyboard, it would have been anther "Wow" performance.

Kristen McNamara - I just love this girl's voice. She took a mediocre song and made it bluesy and fun.

Alex Wagner-Trugman - I think he showed amazing improvement. Yes, he has his little ticks, and parts were overdone, but he was TRYING and he has a voice. If he would have sung it straight, it would have been very good, but he had some good moments.

Send them packing NOW
-----------------------

Arianna - dreadful.
Kendall - copycat
Nathaniel - Meatloaf? C'mon....
Taylor - booooooring
Jorge - blah. I didn't think he was good at all tonight.

On the fence
--------------
Von Smith - ok, so he can sing "normally", but can he keep himself restrained? I don't know.

Lil Rounds - Yes, she can sing, and yes she'll get through, but this is the contestant I am not liking this season just because she has an ego and shows it. Nothing wrong with egos. We all have them, but you don't have to put it on display. It turns me off immediately "Call my number if you can't be without me"? Pathetic.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings DoodleBug 03-03-09 1
 RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Glow 03-04-09 2
   RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings geekboy 03-04-09 3
       RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Glow 03-04-09 7
 RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings emydi 03-04-09 4
   RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Snidget 03-04-09 5
   RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Glow 03-04-09 6
 RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Corvis 03-04-09 8
 RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings SilverStar 03-04-09 9
   RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Glow 03-04-09 10
       RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings SilverStar 03-04-09 11
           RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Glow 03-04-09 12
               RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings emydi 03-04-09 14
       RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings geekboy 03-04-09 13
           RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Glow 03-04-09 15
               RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings toddE 03-04-09 17
                   RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Belle Book 03-04-09 18
                   RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Glow 03-05-09 19
 RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings Belle Book 03-04-09 16
   RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings geekboy 03-05-09 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-09, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
This was an overall good show. The other groups had clear standouts, but this group had a lot of "good" singers. The disasters weren't as noticeable - but nobody blew me away either. And Geekboy - I am so with you on Lil!

Top Guy: Ju'not - I really liked his take on the song. I was pretty mesmerized actually. I wouldn't be comparing him to my man David Cook just yet though....

Top Gal: Kristen - yes, I know she's a plant, but I really liked her performance and what she did with the song. I pick her over Lil because I was annoyed by the pedestal that Lil was putting herself on....no thanks to the judges either.

3. Scott - I really really hope he makes it through. I want to see him jam in front of a keyboard. If not the top 12, please put him in the wildcard.

4. Jorge - same for him. I love him. I love that he puts his heart on his sleeve. And the dude can sing, but I am so sick of this song! Retire it already!! Tonight was not wonderful for him. Would love to hear him sing Jon Secada or J Lo's dude....Marc Anthony.

5. Felicia - great job but kind of forgettable for me.

6. Von - great performance. He can definitely sing.

7. Lil - ok, I'll put her here because she really can sing. I am just NOT a fan of hers, nor am I a fan of MJB.

8. Kendall - I was waiting on the "commercial" comment on this gal - best overall "package" for me.

9. Taylor, Alex, Arianna, Nathaniel - they all go here. Not impressed with any of them really.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-09, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-09 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

#1 by a mile. Ju’not “Hey There Delilah” – I loved this. It made me swoony and he’s awesome. If Adam didn't already have me, I'd be all yours, baby.

Lil “Be Without You” – I reeeeally like her. I was hoping to not like one of the ones that were super-pimped. Nope. Three for three. I noticed her husband in the audience not looking all that happy to be there but looking so proud of her. I really think he is just afraid of the way everybody rips on and digs for scoop on these contestants. I think he's afraid to read and hear bad things about his awesome wife.

eta: oooh! I forgot about the black and gold dress! bonus points!

Felicia “No One” – there were some bum notes there but overall I thought it was better than most. She’s super!pretty.

Jorge “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” – I liked it and he seems really genuine. They eyebrows though? Come on.

Von “You’re All I Need To Get By” – This was so much less annoying than I thought it would be. I was so bummed out that I didn’t hate it that it’s possible that I didn’t like it as much as I thought I did. I appreciate him holding back and it would benefit him to continue to do so. It was a very smart decision on his part.

Kristen “Give Me One Reason” – I like her tone. Her hairdresser accidently dyed purple streaks in her hair? Perfect stripes right in front? Oookay.

Scott “Mandolin Rain” – I just haven’t been that impressed with him. Aw he’s blind. Yes, I get that. But the voice? Not so much.

Kendall “This One’s For the Girls” – meh. She’s cute.

Nate “I Would Do Anything For Love” – I wanted him to be better than he was. Not bad though. Elton John, Randy?

Taylor “If I Ain’t Got You” – I honestly don’t remember her performance. I do remember thinking she looked good but in no way 17 (more like 27).

Alex “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues” – oh Alex. I was so afraid when Ryan broke the microphone! I really want to see Adam all glammed up using that spectacularly appropriately ummm glammy mic. Hubby told me to relax because he was sure they had a spare. And they did. whew!

Arianna “The Winner Takes It All” – I was so excited that somebody was doing ABBA and then she stunk it up. Parts of it were nice but the not nice outweighed the nice by a large margin.

03-04-09, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
>>Arianna “The Winner Takes It All” – I was so excited that somebody was doing ABBA and then she stunk it up. Parts of it were nice but the not nice outweighed the nice by a large margin.

Umm...which part(s) were/was nice? I don't remember any good part of that song. I think it was one of THE worst semi-final performances in the history of Idol.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

03-04-09, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
specifically? hmmm. Without rewatching it? I think one part that was nice was when she sang "The judges will decide".

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-09, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
1. ALex Dork Trugman--Ok I'm in love...he's such an adorable dork...Alex if you're reading this I LOVE YOU, call me!! I knew he was VFTW pick w/o even a computer at home...

2. Felicia-I liked that she replaced JoPlanta (but they didn't mention that...) and she sang very well...I hope she gets a wc spot bc she isn't making it thru

3. Jorge-I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. I hope he makes it through and sings with an accent, but I agree, get thee to eyebrow waxer!! also, it seems like he has a lazy eye that could be interesting!

4. Ju nOt--it was good but it was too slow.... he or jorge make it thru with 3rd spot with other singing on thurs in wc

5. Nate-I love him. but he has no chance he should of licked Simon's face ala Benji

6. Von-I wish he had screamed, sorry glowie. he does have a better voice than people think

7. Kristen-this was better than I thought she'd be and she did look a lot better, she either lost weight or the baby doll dress made her look like it

8. Lil-meh, pimped spot blech, she's not that good and she did not do Mary K Blige justice

9. Scott--Ok, I know I'm not the only one that thought when he stood up from stool that OMG he's going to fall off the stage...and I laughed . He was just soso but he's blind so he's thru (does anyone remember how blind he is, he looks like he can see some)

10. Kendall-plant blech, but she has a chance bc of country voters

11. Taylor--I forgot her too..Alicia Keys is the new Whitney Houston

12. Ariana--blech, she should have sange Dancing Queen, actually Nate should have sung that song!!

and glowie, you're only allowed to like one pimped contestant and that's Adam, sorry....

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
I think he has a bit of tunnel vision, so he isn't completely blind.

link has the name of the disorder.

"Long term visual prognosis remains to be defined. Visual acuity in patients with LCA is usually limited to the level of counting fingers or detecting hand motions or bright lights"

From here link gives the usual amount of vision.

Normund Invasion by Agman

03-04-09, 10:50 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
I totally thought Scott was going to fall off the stage. I was all, "Don't move! Stand still!" I too laughed at the idea of it. And yes, I saw him looking right at Ryan... gazing directly into his eyes.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-09, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
Lil “Be Without You” – She really was the best of the night. I'm not a huge fan, but she's really good.

Von “You’re All I Need To Get By” – No question he was the best male singer of the night. He has control over that huge voice of his and he showed that. If he had the pimp spot or even the 2nd to last spot, he'd have a shot of making it through. Instead they gave him the death slot. It sucks.

Felicia “No One” – She was really good and it just goes to show that the judges are stupid for not picking her to make it to Top 36 in the first place.

Jorge “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” – Very good performance. I agree with Simon that he ought to let the accent come through. Be himself.

Kristen “Give Me One Reason” – She has a great tone and incredible vocal chops. I wish she had a chance of making it.

Kendall “This One’s For the Girls” – Not bad. I'm not a country fan.

Alex “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues” – It was entertaining. I think under the old format, he'd eventually make it in the Top 12.

Nate “I Would Do Anything For Love” – It was entertaining, but enh. I wish he had chosen something else. I love how he said he wanted to stop being a drama queen and then chose an extremely overdramatic song!

Ju’not “Hey There Delilah” – Not good. Boring. I was asleep. He only beats out the other two because I know he can sing.

Scott “Mandolin Rain” – He has an average voice. If he wasn't blind, he wouldn't have made it to Hollywood. Not a fan at all.

Taylor “If I Ain’t Got You” – Forgettable.

Arianna “The Winner Takes It All” – Not good at all.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-09, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
*sigh* Glow is forcing me to do rankings. Man, some people are so demanding!

1. Jorge-- Very nice voice. I like the accent.

2. Lil-- I'll grudgingly give her credit. This was really good, but I hate her. That "Call the show if you love me" crap or whatever she said is super annoying.

3. Alex-- Yeah, his singing was pretty cringe-worthy, but I like his personality and his deadpan sarcasm, so he is high on my list. I'm finding this year that I like or dislike people based on personality, because no one's singing is that impressive so far.

4. Kristen-- Surprisingly good. I like her voice a lot. Hated the song choice though.

5. Felicia-- Nice. I like her.

6-9. Von, Scott, Kendall, Taylor-- All of them were passable, but utterly forgettable.

10. Ju'Not-- He has a decent voice, but I haaaaaaaated his arrangement of the song. Way to take something upbeat and contemporary and turn it into another drecky ballad. Ugh!

11. Nate-- Ummmmm. ? I don't know what I think of him. He gets second to last place based solely on that f*cking headband.

12. Ariana-- Oh, honey. You're gorgeous and sweet but, wow. Horrid!

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

03-04-09, 02:29 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
Pbbbbbt

"He gets second to last place based solely on that f*cking headband."

ha! My husband said, "What is he wearing?" I said, "a giant purse." (I read him Jacob's entire recap from last week. I said I was only going to read him the funny parts but it was the whole thing! Then I read him the giant purse thing that you pointed me to.)

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-09, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
Oh my word, I was laughing so hard throughout his entire performance just thinking about the recap. I couldn't breathe.

"Maybe that headband makes sense: like maybe he was scrubbing his unfortunate face -- which it desperately needs -- like, in the past, when his hair was longer, and this is a tribute to that."

Is the new one up yet? *runs to see*

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

03-04-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
"The giant purse of crazy says that you have so little control or understanding of what is going to happen to you in a given day, and so little concept of a home base -- where you could, say, stash your sunglasses at night -- that you must be constantly adding to your purse instead of taking away, and thus never find what you are looking for in the first place."

yep

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-09, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
thanks that was funny....Scott feeling bad about pretending to be blind I loved it

03-04-09, 03:00 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
Can you imagine Meatloaf sitting at home and watching that?

"That f*$%ing #%$ is killing my song!? What the %#&$!!! And what the %#$^ is he wearing on his @#%&*$% head? Who does he think i am, a %#$^*&@ BeeGee?!?! Call my %#^$&*@ lawyer!!"

geekboy

"In a competition of hamburgers, you are a steak." - S. Cowell

03-04-09, 03:31 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
yeah but then he would remember his breasts in Fight Club and call it even.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-04-09, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
I have to respect Nathaniel. The judges were practically telling him (and to a lesser extent, Von) that they are simply too gay for AI, but he still does his cheezy thing. I actually loved his song selection. But he should have gone back to his Disturbia-style to be more serious.

His own family isn't even proud of him, but he doesn't let anything stop him. No wonder "I Will Survive" is the anthem it is.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-04-09, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
You're the one who did the fashion assessments for Survivor and American Idol, right? Will you do some for AI at least, please?

Belle Book

03-05-09, 10:31 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
I don't think that's what they were telling him. Or maybe I guess I hope not. I have a soft spot for Nate and I didn't realize where it came from but I think you nailed it for me. His family isn't proud of him. And Disturbia was really good. I was so glad Paula remembered that because I had forgotten.

Meatloaf with moobs was way more off-putting than Nathaniel's vocal choices (which I didn't think were at all bad just not necessarily that good). His clothing choices are extremely offensive though. Still I'd rather look at his weird wardrobe all day long than Meatloaf with oobies. That's all I was saying. And does anybody remember how awful Meatloaf sounded when he sang with McPee? He has NO room to feel anything but happy that somebody chose to do one of his songs on this show. And it was somebody that can sing too so double happiness.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-04-09, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
This was the best semi-final round! Here are my rankings:

1. Lil Rounds -- she just knocked the ball right out of the park!

2. Felicia Barton -- wow! That was the way to make a statement!

3. Von Smith -- well, well, well that was really good!

4. Jorge Nunez -- very good.

5. Kendall Beard -- pretty good.

6. Scott McIntyre -- not really great, but you'll get through.

7. Ju'Not Joyner -- nice but I thought there were better ones than you out there.

8. Kristen McNamara -- okay, but not the greatest song choice.

9. Ariana Asfar -- I liked it a little more than the judges, but it wasn't the best.

10. Taylor Viafurana -- a little too boring, sad to say.

11. Nathaniel Marshall -- horrible song choice.

12. Alex Wagner-Truman -- bizarre performance.

Belle Book

03-05-09, 11:49 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Top 36 - Group 3 - Rankings"
I'm quite upset Felicia didn't get into the wildcard round. First she was cut, then called back, gave a kick-a$$ performance of a difficult song, praised by the judges...just to get kicked again and not called back when Tatiana was, along with Pricess P II.

What a load of crap.

geekboy

"In a competition of hamburgers, you are a steak." - S. Cowell

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •