The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-26-03, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never

I can’t believe I’m about to do this. I promised that this would never, ever happen. But if Sean Connery could do another Bond movie, and Alec Baldwin could stay in the country after Bush was elected, I’m allow to change my mind. As a matter of fact, since I am a woman, I have even more right than they do.

* pausing to fantasize about Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin *

I am making…a scoring adjustment. I’ll make you wait to see exactly what I’m adjusting. But first, in a related story – tomorrow’s weather forecast for Hell? Frozen over.

On to the scoring.

1. Jon & Al – From a TSI standpoint, these clowns are the definition of boredom. I was prepared to do all sorts of clown jokes while writing these columns, but these guys turn out to be solid competitors who don’t do many stupid things. Move along.

Best out of context quote of the week: “They make you bleed like crazy.”
This week: Nothin’.
Overall: 17 Ryans, 4 Dicques

2. Dave & Jeff – Dude and dude, what can I say? First, they fogged up their windows, and I don’t mean with their potty mouths. Then even with the clowns repeatedly telling them where to go (and, unlike what I would have done, the directions did not involve Hell), these guys had trouble finding the wheelbarrow with the clue. In their defense, it was a difficult task for them, since the wheelbarrow was just sitting right in front of their faces in the middle of the road.

Best out of context quote of the week: None. They stumbled into wittiness the past few weeks, but took a break this week.
This week: 40 Ryans
Overall: 116 Ryans, 1 Dicque

3. Reichen & Chip – Sometimes, it’s better to be lucky than good. These guys get lost, and it just so happens that they’re heading to the Fast Forward instead of the Detour. So they just keep going. This meant that they didn’t have too many chances to make colossal errors. Luckily, it did mean some good out of context quotes, such as:

“His hands feel like my hands.”
“I wish we weren’t racing because I wanted to stay and play with them for a week.”
This week: 20 Ryans
Overall: 117 Ryans, 3 Dicques

4. Kelly & Jon – These guys were in last place at the start of the round. We are forced to watch Jon take a leak. They get terribly lost going for the first route marker. They go for the Fast Forward, only to find it’s already taken (and not by the clowns, you nimrods). They can’t find the number ‘5’ on the truck, just because it’s right in front of their faces. But do they give up? Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! (Don’t stop me, I’m on a roll.) So they finally get a Dicque, for not giving up when it looked extremely bleak. Sure, they swore and insulted each other, but they do that during the good times too.

Out of context quotes:
“The idiots are back.”
“Kelly, move your ass.”
“Mother trucker”
“Jon, how are we so stupid?”
And my favorite…”You were like a chimpanzee climbing the ladder.”

This week: 75 Ryans, 1 Dicque
Overall: 235 Ryans, 1 Dicque

5. Millie & Chuck – For those of you waiting for the scoring adjustment, wait no longer. Last week, I lauded this team for spending their 8 hour layover hunting down a better flight instead of sleeping. Well, what did they really get for their troubles? Sleep deprivation. The comedy of errors set off by lack of sleep resulted in their elimination. Millie is too tired to read the map correctly, which leads to them going way out of their way multiple times. Her fatigue ultimately leads her to give up, the single most unforgivable crime in the race. Even though Millie usually leads the way at the sprints (since short and stubby beats long and gangly), this time she didn’t have it in her.

Best out of context quote about them comes from Phil: “Will Millie & Chuck’s personal differences affect their performance?”

The last batch of out of context quotes from the virgins:
“I irritate Chuck with my aggressive nature…we haven’t gotten much sleep.”
“Come on Millie, suck it up, let’s go.”
“Chuck, I’ve got to stop and figure out what I’ve got.”
“I make him feel anxious and worried and frustrated.”
“You just have to take it off.”
“Just wait one second, please.”
“I’m not ready.”
“OK, Chuck, go fast Chuck.”
“Be aggressive.”
“I cannot find the freakin’ gear.”

This week: 160 Ryans, -1 Dicques
Overall: 259 Ryans, 2 Dicques

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never Edgeless Grass 07-26-03 1
 RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never Silvergirl1 07-26-03 2
 RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never ShowMeTheWinner 07-27-03 3
   RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never managerr 07-28-03 6
       RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never ShowMeTheWinner 07-28-03 7
 RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never AMAI 07-27-03 4
   RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never memacmur 07-28-03 5
       RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never Bebo 07-28-03 9
 RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never Breezy 07-28-03 8
 RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never L82LIFE 07-30-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-26-03, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
Hi dear Ms Bebo,

I totally agreed with your move of adjusting the score for Millie and Chuck, because that's the first thing came into my mind too when I saw how Millie sleep their way out of the plantation.

In fact I was thinking how you should change their so call 'Move-of-the-week' to become 'Not-so-move-of-the-week'.

I hope this give them a good lesson learn that life is full of up and down, we just can't stay high forever...that's too tiring.

-------------------- Bye!! ^O^ -----------------

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-03, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"

I totally missed this week, so your TSI summary helped bring me up to speed somewhat. Thanks for posting the funny lines.

Silvergirl

I heart Bebo, the Queen of the backwoods.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-27-03, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
Thanks for providing me with the great laughs, Bebo. Don't quite agree with Millie and Chuck's scoring adjustments though. They did have the 12-hour pit stop at the end of last episode so their elimination this episode wasn't directly caused by their hunting of a better flight last episode. The better flight did allow Millie and Chuck to arrive faster than David and Jeff and Kelly and Jon, and with Chuck's "lousy performance with the spear" last episode, they might have arrived at the hot spring much later than the other teams, and might have lost by an even larger margin.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-28-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
Contestants have said that they hardly get any sleep during Pit Stops. Usually, they have to spend a couple of hours doing exit interivews, recapping the leg, etc. They also have to eat, shower, do their own laundry, make preparations for the next leg, etc.

Supposedly in TAR 2 or 3, they were given longer layovers every few legs because Production was worried of what might happen if the contestants had too much sleep deprivation. But we should have been clued in judging on how haggard Millie/Chuck looked at the end of the last leg in their inverviews

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-28-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
Yeah, I've heard that the contestants didn't get much rest at the pit stop too. But I just think that M/C would have been worse off if they had not gotten the earlier flight coz that would mean they might have left the pit stop at an even later time and thus arrive even later at the hot spring. I suppose we'll never truly know what really contributed to their downfall.

ROTFLMAO at memacmur's comment!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-27-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
Yay Bebo. Any scoring adjustment that results in fewer Dicques for the Virgins deserves applause.

Great column - thoroughly enjoying it! Cheers to you!!

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-28-03, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
I didn't know it was physically possible for Millie to have less Dicques than she already has. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
I was waiting for someone to comment on that...glad you didn't resist.

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
***applause***

As much as we hated to see it, you do have to give Jon/Kelly credit for not giving up. Then getting the job done when they realized they were still in it.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TSI Episode 9: Never Say Never"
You're *my* American Idol, Bebo! Another great TSI.

I am surprised that you left out the part about Jon taking a whiz in the parking lot. I thought that was worth a Dicque. Bwaaaa, get it? Sorry, I'm a bad, bad girl.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •