The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Josh Gracin not going on AI tour...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-27-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Josh Gracin not going on AI tour...."
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?31983

I'm sure his family will be dissappointed. But maybe now the tour will be worth going to!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tou... munson 06-29-03 1
   RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tou... Lovesrealitytv 07-10-03 2
       RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tou... munson 07-11-03 4
 RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tou... rilond 07-10-03 3
 RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tou... SaphireLady 07-11-03 5
   RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tou... munson 07-12-03 6
       RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tou... SaphireLady 07-16-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-29-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tour...."
Josh needs to get his fat ass back in training.

Ouch! I'd forgotten about ol' Porky but look how quickly the old feelings return.

No loss here.

Obviously, Corey Clark won't be around either but what's the real story behind black sheep Vanessa. She's like the red-headed step child of this group. (Apologies to any redhead steps who are offended by this cliche but red and head seemed appropriate for VO!) She sings better than half of this group. She has heaps more personality, too. C'mon. Charles Grisby but no Vanessa????

Lovesrealitytv 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-10-03, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lovesrealitytv Click to send private message to Lovesrealitytv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tour...."
I'm gonna miss Josh ALOT.. I think for a Young man he has alot of INTEGRITY..more than alot of young men out there not BRAVE enough to SERVE THIS COUNTRY!!!

07-11-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tour...."
joshes gracin #1 fan returns!

Whatever. The only thing Josh served this country during the past six months is a heap load of bad singing.

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-10-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rilond Click to send private message to rilond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tour...."
Boy Am I glad that he is not going on the tour. When and if they come to Chicago we will be there. I think they are scheduled here at the United Center next week. My husband and son is looking to buying tickets.

Josh just could not sing. It's fine for his wife and family but not to be an American Idol

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-11-03, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tour...."
While I admit Josh had a couple of songs that were not very good, he can sing. It is okay not to like him, but I think it has to be remembered that you really don't know him. Not personally. As for singing in front of live audience, worried, etc... you try and see how you do before saying how horrible someone is.

I personally think Ruben is nothing, don't like him, find his same 8 notes boring, and his size, well, better not put him on a stage without some serious PT or he will drop dead of a heartattack. But he may be a great person and he has more guts then I do by getting up on that stage.

I would have loved to see Josh in concert and would have bought a ticket if he was going to be ther but since he isn't, none of the others rock my boat enough to care about going to a concert. I might, however and have not as of yet, buy Clay A. music.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

07-12-03, 00:14 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tour...."
My thoughts regarding Josh have nothing to do with whether or not I "like" him. You're right. I bet if I did know him, I just might like him. He loves his wife, he loves his daughter, he's a Marine...what's not to like? Aside for his performances, of course.

Just as an FYI...As for singing in front of a live audience, been there and done that many times. My understanding of music theory, technique and performance comes from years of study (granted, only half serious). But all that allows me is an opinion. But it's not an opinion that's based on whether or not I "like" someone. Please.

The only thing I'm sure of about Josh is that he has limited vocal talent, is a clumsy and amateurish performer and did not deserve the spot he got in the Top 12 anymore than Carmen did. But even I thought Carmen deserved it more than Josh. His affected delivery made me cringe on a weekly basis. Make no mistake that Josh advanced because of his backstory - the Marine during a time of international conflict - not because of his talent. I will not argue that he didn't have appeal.

Of course, we all hold different opinions based on our personal tastes but your failure to recognize Ruben's obvious technical training and superiority is ludicrous. Eight notes? Sure, covering at least 4 octaves! I respect your right to prefer Josh's singing over Ruben's but will challenge any assertion that Josh is the more talented of the two.

Now those American Juniors...those kids can saaang!

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-16-03, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Josh Gracin not going on AI tour...."
I find it odd that you are bringing musical training into this. So here is goes, I have had over 14 years of musical training. I have sang in front of a audience, as few times as my classes would let me get away with mind you, cause it was not my cup of tea. I play a few musical instuments, but all of that is nothing.

What we are basing this stuff on is what we like personally. I too thought Ruben was great the first two or three weeks, but then he kept singing the same type of stuff and it became very boring. Clay at least changed and tried different stuff. The same for Josh. The problem Josh had, and I admit this freely, is he kept changing his style, he will learn to pick one and stick with it. Part of that change was due to the fact that they pick types of songs and most did not fit a country voice.

Carmen, well, she needs some growing and voice lesson so that she can learn to belt and not whine. The other blonde though, the one Simon said should work for Walt Disney, she could belt and entertain. She had a good voice, abet not a superior voice. Josh has a good voice, when he does the right song and style, and I think it could turn into a great voice, probably not a superior voice.

I guess that is what I should have said in my first post. Josh just has a shine about him that I liked. There were a couple of time I was cringing in my seat, yes. But he just had a shine. Probably the fact that he was military, married and has a little girl. I will admit that, but hey, each star has to have something that grabs people.

I stand by my Ruben comments. The boy is going to die without help. If they put him through this concert stuff he will not make it unless they train him (his body) to do that. I am not saying that he can't possibly sing, I just don' like it, but health wise he is in some serious trouble and I hope his handlers know this and work on him.

The AJ, wow, yes those kids can sing. I would like to have seen them compete with that last group from AI, think the kids would have put most of those adults out.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •