The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-23-02, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
The episode 11 title is "Marquesan Vacation". Same source as always.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vac... lionsroar 04-23-02 1
   RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vac... SurvivinDawg 04-23-02 5
       RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vac... survivorscott 04-23-02 9
           RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vac... SurvivinDawg 04-23-02 10
 RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vac... Tatina 04-23-02 2
   RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vac... discus 04-23-02 3
       Holiday vs. Vacation MeToo 04-23-02 4
   RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vac... Teddy_Bear 04-23-02 6
 Chevy Chase, come on down shakes the clown 04-23-02 7
   RE: Chevy Chase, come on down Teddy_Bear 04-23-02 8
       RE: too lowbrow for MB? janisella 04-23-02 11
           RE: too lowbrow for MB? weltek 04-24-02 12
               RE: too lowbrow for MB? Teddy_Bear 04-24-02 13
           RE: Did ya Miss the "Wink" Icon? Teddy_Bear 04-27-02 15
 Bump Bebo 04-26-02 14
 RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vac... cowboyroo 04-30-02 16
 BUMP Bebo 05-03-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
I wonder if this title refers to the reward challenge that Sean is rumored to win. Could be when the family of a survivor comes to vacation in Marquesa.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
I agree. The RC is probably a Chevy Avalanche and a visit from the family members. It's right about that time for it to happen. This could be the one Sean is alleged to have won.

Also, the title is a rhyming play on words: "Mar-kay-shun Va-kay-shun". IMHO, the Basher Babes do better work.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-23-02, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
Isn't it a Saturn Vu this time around, instead of an Avalanche?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-02 AT 05:07 PM (EST)

By Jove! I think you're right!

Okay, so the Saturn Vue (sans cougar chasing it) is the prize...

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-02 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

Delated because the whole (wild) speculation was based on a translation error not unlike the ones we might experience with the TP. It took me some time before I realized that the original title of the film we Finns know as "Loma Roomassa" and the Italians know as "Vacanze Romane" isn't "Roman Vacation" but "Roman Holiday". There went my fine theory of Princess Neleh as Audrey Hepburn's Princess Ann.

discus 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-23-02, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail discus Click to send private message to discus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
The Audrey Hepburn movie is called "Roman Holiday" not The Roman Vacation.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Holiday vs. Vacation"

I missed whatever was deleted so I don't know if this is relevent or not. Just in case, here is a clarification on these terms:

In the US, a holiday is either a religious or statutory holiday designated by the government - i.e. Veterans day or Christmas. A vacation is time that you take off work to go away with your family.

In Canada and Britian, a holiday is any time you get off work and/or go away on vacation, regardless of religion or government designation. It is way more common to say, "I'm going on holiday in the mountains" than to go on vacation.

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but the only place I ever heard a distinction between holiday and vacation was in the US.

Therefore, a "Roman Holiday" may in fact be a "Roman Vacation".

Can the deleted section be put back?

MeToo

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-23-02, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-02 AT 01:10 PM (EST)

Tatina, I agree with Me Too;

you really shouldn't have deleted your post.

You're assuming that Burn-it and his staff is so clever and meticulous;
as to make any sort of distinction about this.

I hope you decide to re-post your theory.

If you're worried that people will ridicule your theory; I would consider that to be more a reflection on them than your idea.

*Note: edited because, I typed Make it Stop instead of Me Too.
Sorry Me too.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-23-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Chevy Chase, come on down"
....the first time I heard this title I immediately thought of the string of National Lampoon films, Vacation, Vegas Vacation, European Vacation and Christmas Vacation.

Could we be looking at some humor this episode, tied into the RC winner. Now I know that the "rumor" that Sean wins the family visit reward challenge is nothing more than a "Lis Kicks butt" metamorphis of the ACTUAL spoiler which merely states that Sean will be in the game during the episode when they have this challenge.

But, if this is going to be somewhat of a comedy Sean fits the bill since he is the only Survivor left in the game who is even remotely funny.

Just something I thought I would throw out there for what appears to be a pretty innocuous title.

04-23-02, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Chevy Chase, come on down"
National Lampoon films are too lowbrow for Burn-it .

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-23-02, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: too lowbrow for MB?"
>National Lampoon films are too lowbrow
>for Burn-it .

This is the man who, needing 46 minutes off footage from 72 hours times several different cameras, chose to air a 3 minute discussion of Sean's flatulence.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: too lowbrow for MB?"
"This is the man who, needing 46 minutes off footage from 72 hours times several different cameras, chose to air a 3 minute discussion of Sean's flatulence."

Good call!

As for the clown's comment, I agree that this is a National Lampoon's play on words. Does someoone win whose parents have never been out of their small town and is like the Grizwald's venturing out. For instance, I haven't researched Neleh's family, but I could see her making this comment when learning she won the challenge & her family is coming to visit. Also, she has probably sat down with her very religious family and watched these movies many times, as they are pretty "safe" movies for family viewing.

Just throwing it out there.

04-24-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
13. "RE: too lowbrow for MB?"
I think that Tatina was think more along the line of Audrey Hepburn, in "Roman Holiday," for Ep. 10, "The Princess."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rob (to Zoe): Just tell the truth for once, will ya?

Elenor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

04-27-02, 07:32 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Did ya Miss the "Wink" Icon?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-02 AT 07:28 AM (EST)

I was being facetious which is why I used the {Wink Icon=}, Ok?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kathy: I don't want to have to be the blond, bitchy one.

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you
feel inferior without your consent.
http://www.amnesty.org/

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Bump"
This is getting too close to the end of page 2 -- don't want to lose it among all of the Recrap/E9 stuff.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-30-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 11 Title "Marquesan Vacation""
I thought I'd bring this back to the forefront. I thought this was an odd title for an Episode, but then I thought about the possible bootees for this week. I could pretty easily see Robert going this Episode, if Tammy goes in the Princess episode. He doesn't seem all that competitive and it could both point to the RC and to someone saying...hey this has been great. I got a vacation out of this. This could be MB's way of revitalizing the bitterness he's been showing and he comes to accept his fate and go out with dignity...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "BUMP"
This was on page 3, and it's relevant now.

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •