The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Group 1 Rankings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-09, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Group 1 Rankings"
1. Tatiana!! I wish she wasn't so subdued, but it could all be part of her marketing ploy. She was the best vocal of the night, that last note was amazingly very good. I hope she sneaks into 3rd spot or is a wc

2. Jackie--I like her, her clothes, her I don't gaf attitude

3. Alexis-it was okay but not as good as the judges said. She'll def be the top gal vote getter to get thru

4. Anne Marie-meh, okay but not good

5. Casey-very close to sharing bottom with Stevie--this was just wrong

6. Stevie-yipes!

1. Anoop-even though it was too slow of a song for him, I really like this dude, I think if he doesn't get in with the 3rd spot tonite, he's def a wc

2. Rickey-I wish they had shown more of him...but he's just Idol Fodder

3. Steven--I know this was not a good choice but he's the best singer of the 12 but he has no chance

4. Michael-I did not like this song but he has appeal I think it's probably btw Anoop and Michael as 3rd spot/wc

5. Brent Plant Keith-Meh, he's already made it.. gimme a break

6. DW GoAwKay-he's def going to make it but it was a sappy gaspy blech song...

Overall

1. Tatiana
2. Anoop
3. Jackie
4. Rickey
5. Alexis
6. Steven
7. Micheal
8. Anne Marie
9. Brent
10. Carly
11. Stevie
12. DW

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Group 1 Rankings Glow 02-18-09 1
   RE: Group 1 Rankings SilverStar 02-18-09 2
       RE: Group 1 Rankings Glow 02-18-09 4
   RE: Group 1 Rankings emydi 02-18-09 3
       RE: Group 1 Rankings Glow 02-18-09 5
 RE: Group 1 Rankings Corvis 02-18-09 6
 RE: Group 1 Rankings SilverStar 02-18-09 7
 RE: Group 1 Rankings DoodleBug 02-18-09 8
 RE: Group 1 Rankings mrc 02-18-09 9
 RE: Group 1 Rankings Belle Book 02-18-09 10
 RE: Group 1 Rankings Quepea 02-18-09 11
 RE: Group 1 Rankings geekboy 02-19-09 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
#1 - Neil Patrick Harris!!!!!!!!!!!111

1. Danny Gokey “Hero” – Number one by a mile. The tone of his voice sends shivers up my spine. Parts of this song hit me so hard that I’ll forgive the song choice itself. Heck, I'll even forgive the finger-point at the end there… never do that again, Danny. I’m just going to have to turn off my defense like I learned to do with Michael Johns last year. You think he’s a douchebag? I think he has a great voice. The fact that he is being pimped so embarrassingly hard is not his fault.

2. Alexis Grace “Never Loved A Man” – I was impressed.

3. Tatiana “Saving All My Love” – one of the best of the night by far

4. Anoop “Angel of Mine” – interesting song choice. I really like him and I’d like to see him in the “top” twelve. He has a natural talent thing that I really like.

5. Michael Sarver “I Don’t Wanna Be” – he brings the pretty. This song though? Not a good choice because Bo killed it. As a matter of fact, iirc, Elliot also killed this song. Certain songs should just be retired from this show. You know?

6. Ricky Braddy “A Song For You” – I wasn’t that impressed. He makes weird faces and pahs and tahs into the microphone (kind of like Kara was doing)… back away from the mic. Also? Elliott killed this song. (as an aside, Yamin wasn’t one of my favorites during his season but I’ve grown to really love his voice)

6. Brent Keith “Hicktown” – should have chosen a different song. I understand why he picked it though and I can appreciate it. But. He needed to commit to it some more. Please explain the "already made it" comment. I'm not sure I follow.

8. Stephen Fowler “Rock With You” – he has one of those amazingly seductive voices. Bad song choice. Pity.

9. Jackie Tohn “A Little Less Conversation” – didn’t like the song choice. The outfit was distracting. I think I like her though.

10. Ann Marie “Natural Woman” - forgettable forgotten

11. Stevie Wright “You Belong To Me” – This chick is named after one of the greatest female singer in all the land and she’s adorable. It’s really too bad she sucked so much.

12. Casey Carlson “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic” – no. I was extremely offended.

P.S. Hey Simon, Bucky released an album that sold pretty well. He’s doing pretty okay for himself.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
I actually squealed when they showed NPH. He makes me laugh even when he's just sitting in an audience. I <3 him so much.

Domo arigato, Ms. Slicey!

02-18-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
I know! What was he doing there? Anybody know? Why was he with Ted Danson? Anybody know?

heh. I asked DH if he noticed NPH and he said, "no. All I noticed was Ted Danson's forehead." So I rewound it for him. (We just watched that episode of Family Guy where his wife uses his forehead as an umbrella.)

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
Glowie!! I thought of you when Paula mentioned Bucky and said uh oh Simon watch out for Glowie

02-18-09, 10:20 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
heh. I didn't mind it so much. I think I may have snickered. They mentioned him and that's the important part.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-18-09, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"

1) Danny Gokey - he sings the song perfectly and puts a spin on it that's different. He has really potential and has to make it through to the Final 12.

2) Alexis Grace - a unique sound with enough vocal chops to go far. And she's got a cool look. I hope she makes it but with no pimping during Hollywood week, it's an uphill battle. Fortunately, most of the other girls were terrible.

3) Tatiana Nicole Del Toro - never thought I'd put her here, but the fact is the girl can sing. And she made an effort to NOT be annoying last night. So props to her.

4) Anoop Desai - Not the best performance, but I know he's good so I can't drop him lower than four.

5) Ann Marie Boskovich - It was decent. Not terrible and the potential for it to be terrible was certainly there with such an iconic song.

6) Rick Braddy - Good singer, but kind of forgettable. We need time to grow to like him and we don't have it. He's slightly ahead of Jackie because it's a singing competition.

7) Jackie Tohn - She's a great performer like the judges said. I'd like to see her brought back for the wildcard round.

8) Michael Sarver - I liked his performance, but it wasn't wonderful.

9) Brent Keith - forgettable country singer.

10) Stephen Fowler - that was horrible.

11) Stevie Wright - the only reason you're not last is that you didn't destroy one of the best songs ever like number 12 did.

12) Casey Carlson - You didn't even understand the song let alone sing it well. You have no chance.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
Overall, I think that was a pretty good night of performances.

1. Alexis Grace-- This was really good. I wasn't expecting to like her, but she impressed me.

2. Ricky Braddy-- Ditto

3. Tatiana del Toro-- WTF? She was, like, all normal and stuff and she has a good voice, too. Who knew?

4. Danny Gokey-- I wasn't over the moon about it, but it was good.

5. Jackie Tohn-- This chick annoys the crap out of me, but I did like the vocal. I hope she doesn't stick around though.

6. Anoop Desai-- Meh. It was good, but kinda boring.

7. Michael Sarver-- I like him, but I don't really remember this performance.

8. Anne Marie Boskovich-- Not very good. I was expecting more from her.

9. Brent Keith-- Super hot, but not good enough.

10. Steven Fowler-- I was rooting for the hometown boy, but this sucked.

11. Casey Carlson-- Blah!

12. Stevie Wright-- Awww. I felt so bad for her. You could just tell she was soooo nervous. Her voice was shaking all over the place. Too bad, because I really loved her audition.

Domo arigato, Ms. Slicey!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
1. Danny Gokey - I just love him. End of story. He's safe.

2. Alexis Grace - you go, girl! Loved this and watched her again this morning. Nice. She's also safe.

3. Anoop - wish you would have picked a different song, but I know you can sing, so you go here. If you aren't safe, you will be back on the Wild Card.

4. Tatiana - she is a freak. But a freak who can sing pretty well. Please let her dream die. Will we see her at the Wild Card???

5-9. Michael, Rickey, Stephen, Jackie, Anne Marie - they all did a respectable job, but I don't see them making it this round. Possible Wild Cards in here though.

10-12. The rest... let's see, that would be Stevie (awful), Carly (scary bad), and Brent (your bouncing drove me nuts). I buzzed through their performances.

Overall, I was not very impressed and had such high hopes. Disappointed so far.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
I tried to base this on singing, but I've added snarky comments to let you know how I really feel. (And was it just me, or did the sound for every performance not fade in until the second line of every song?! Weird, dawg!)

1. Alexis Grace--I don't like her look, which looked like a girl trying to dress up like a woman. And when did dying one's hair pink mean one had "dirtied it up?" Still, she knocked that song out of the park.

2. Anne Marie Boskovich--I liked this performance. And she's sorta hot, though less so last night.

3. Tatiana del Toro--She can sing, but her trying to be normal annoyed me more than her being annoying. Someone has obviously coached her to tone it down, but she just oozes diva.

4. Danny Gokey--We might as well move him into the top 3, b/c that's where he'll wind up (at the very least) with all of the pimping. A decent performance, but his voice was too thin for the song.

5. Ricky Braddy--Good performance, but he has no chance of advancing.

6. Anoop Desai--Good but boring.

7. Jackie Tohn--Decent but irritating. I can't stand her.

8. Michael Sarver--Likeable guy but not a good song choice.

9. Brent Keith--Meh.

10. Steven Fowler--I also wich that he had forgotten the lyrics.

11. Casey Carlson--O.M.G. She took acting lessons or something, but they didn't help. That was so freakin' horrible, and she didn't even realize it until the judges started slamming her. I'm not sure she believes it today.

12. Stevie Wright--I was extremely disappointed in her performance. She is *so* not Taylor Swift-like. She should have stuck with what brung her.

Just for Glow!

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-18-09, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
For the girls:

1. Alexis -- she really rocked the song! Great job!
2. Tatiana (!) -- she has a good voice when she isn't overly dramatic. Tonight she showed it. Either a Wild Card or moving on to the Top 12.
3. Ann Marie -- could've been better, a possible Wild Card candidate.
4. Jackie -- better performer than singer. Not great.
5. Stevie -- terrible song choice.
6. Casey -- even worse song choice.

For the guys:

1. Danny -- the best guy and the best of the night!
2. Anoop -- I really loved this song!
3. Ricky -- fine singer but unlikely to make it through this round. Might be a Wild Card candidate.
4. Michael -- not my favorite song.
5. Brent -- forgettable.
6. Stephen -- terrible song choice.

Overall:

1. Danny
2. Alexis
3. Tatiana
4. Anoop
5. Ricky
6. Ann Marie
7. Michael
8. Jackie
9. Brent
10. Stephen
11. Stevie
12. Casey

Belle Book

Quepea 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-18-09, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Quepea Click to send private message to Quepea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
There were a few performers I liked last night, and the others were just kinda blah.

1. Anoop Desai- slap me silly, that guy can charm a clam and get himself a pearl. Smooth as a baby's bottom.

2. Tatiana Nicole Del Toro - I adore Tatiana! She is so vivacious, and yet, last night, she transformed into a loving mother and made me want to cuddle her to death.

3. Alexis Grace - No, she is not Kimberly Locke, but her voice is just as nice. I love the raspy deeper quality.

4. Brent Keith - No one appreciates country music. =(
Props for doing a good rendition of "Hicktown".

I snagged a man

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-19-09, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Group 1 Rankings"
Hey everyone!

I feel so out of it this season since i'm not watching it live yet. My kid is in basketball, and keeps me busy Tuesday nights. That will be done in a couple weeks and then i'll get back on track.

My wife and I finished watching the first 12 last night on Tivo, then FF'd through the results show to see the 3 picks, then watched "Lost" (which is kickass this season, BTW...)

Overall, a couple of points.

1 - Randy is right. The boys are slamming the girls so far this season. It feels the most lopsided in terms of gender of any season so far.

2 - I thought overall the first 12 were quite disppointing. When are these constestants EVER going to learn the cardinal rule of these first elimination rounds!?!? Pick a song that lets you shine in your own genre comfort zone. These rounds need to be 'blow you away' good. The number of boring songs was shocking, and song choice stunk worse than ever.

3 - Danny Gokey deserves the top 12. I am biased, since I live in Milwaukee, but you have to admit the boy can sang. But he needs to drop the dead wife story and become 'Danny Gokey'.

4 - Disappointed Anoop didn't edge out Michal Sarver, but he picked a crappy song. Anoop was my early pick, and i still think he'll return in the wildcard round.

5 - Alexis deserves it 100%. No other girl did. She had the best song selection of the night, IMHO.

6 - Tatiana surprised me, but the chick is nuts. Goodbye Tatiana.

'Til next week when i get caught up on Tivo.....

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •