The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 36 to Top 9?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-15-09, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 36 to Top 9?"
I just saw a commercial for AI, and they said only the top three will advance past this week of 12 of the 36. So I guess we are going from 36 to 9, this sounds harsh. I guess this will truly let the cream raise to the top.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 36 to Top 9? Snidget 02-15-09 1
   RE: Top 36 to Top 9? mrc 02-16-09 2
       RE: Top 36 to Top 9? Snidget 02-16-09 3
           RE: Top 36 to Top 9? emydi 02-16-09 4
               RE: Top 36 to Top 9? Estee 02-16-09 6
                   RE: Top 36 to Top 9? Snidget 02-16-09 7
                       RE: Top 36 to Top 9? Devious Weasel 02-17-09 9
           RE: Top 36 to Top 9? emydi 02-16-09 5
 RE: Top 36 to Top 9? mattben 02-17-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-15-09, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 36 to Top 9?"
Yep 3 from each group of 12 will move on then there will be a "wild card" where the judges pick an additional 3 out of the 36 so it is going from 36 to 12 finalists rather than 24 down to 12 finalists as we've been doing.

Good news we get to see more people sing, but bad news is a smaller percentage get through. It will also be harder to get into the finalist by being just not quite the worst singer that week.

However we only see people sing one time and a fair number of people have one really good song in them (from what I remember of the first few seasons) so just singing well once in the semi's doesn't mean they will sing well as a finalist. The good thing with making them sing 3 times before the finals is the ones that can't sing but one song well get cut, and those that need a couple of weeks to build a fan base get a chance.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-09, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 36 to Top 9?"
Just so I'm clear--there will be four semifinal rounds, with three singers advancing each week, right? That would mean that singers won't get to sing three times before the finals.

02-16-09, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 36 to Top 9?"
3 Semi Final Rounds for 3 weeks
12 singers each
1 Song.

Tues each week is Sing Off
Weds each week is Results Off

Thursday of the Third Week is WildCard night and I it isn't a voting night. Not sure if they will "sing for their survival" or not.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-09, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 36 to Top 9?"
actually next week, week 2, the singing/voting is Weds and results Thurs bc of Obama's State of Union on Tues.

What I don't like is that a person could actually be 7th in the voting and still make the final 12

It's man with highest votes and woman with highest votes and then the next highest. All the men could be 1st-6th in voting and woman 7th and she goes on. Hey but if Tatiana, Nick, Von and Nate get thru..who cares!!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-09, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 36 to Top 9?"
Which means gender pool division just took priority over total level of talent.

What. A. Shock.

02-16-09, 02:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Top 36 to Top 9?"
Well this format at least means it doesn't have to be 6-6 in the top 12 but if it is 6-3 at the end of the voting they probably will balance it out at least some.

I'm assuming they may let it go as far as 7-5 but they won't do 9-3.

I think they do want to make sure it isn't 12-0 because I think that screws them on the tour. I don't think they really care much about which fodder makes into the top 12 just as long as the 3-4 the judges/producers want on the tour make it.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-09, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 36 to Top 9?"
So they won't let a Pagonging take place?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-09, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 36 to Top 9?"
I remember in Clay's year, he was the fans' wildcard and the others were each of the judges...wonder if they will do that again

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-17-09, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 36 to Top 9?"
Cream? It could be the one-hit wonders who get through to the final 9, then three "judges' selections." And an otherwise very good singer who just has an off performance misses. They've got to weed the garden somehow.

Emerald and I sample the audition shows, guess we'll peek in for the pruning episodes.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •