The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-20-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-02 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-20-02 AT 03:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-20-02 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

I have never been the ultimate spoiler and have always wondered how you guys do it. I have been analyzing this show in my head for ever trying to find the connections. I have seen many theories on other boards and after analyzing my own theories and theirs I had an epiphany wich reveals the real winner. (I hope)

First off: WATER
water plays an important role in this show.

Whenever a player is shown under a waterfall they recieve power.

John: Standing under the waterfall, proclaims himself the leader. They get rid of RobFather.

Kathy: sitting under waterfall stating she has to win immunity or she is toast. NOTICE: She said all of this while away from the waterfall. They edited her words into the scene where she was under the waterfall

Last episode Kathy was standing under the waterfall stating how it gave her strenght and power. She was then able to help orchestrate Johns ousting.

Neleh/Paschal: both under the waterfall that same episode. They also got power and booted John.

Waterfall=Power

Second point: There have been many large threads on the "neleh will win" spoilers.
These spoilers have to do with the reverse imagery used throughout the show. When ROTU arrive at there beach in the first episode the words are reversed on there flag "UTOR".
Maraamu's flag was also reversed.

Neleh's mole has been reversed many times.

When Rob and Kathy shook hands in there agreement they shook with there right hands, but when the camera changes angles they are shown shaking with there LEFT HANDS. Another reverse.

There have been numerous reversals and they are discussed extensively on the EZboard. http://pub53.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=12875.topic

You can also check your tape to verify.(pics provided later)

Many People thought since Neleh's name was Helen backwards that this meant NELEH WINS.

The reverse images don't refer to her name, however they refer to HOW SOMEONE WAS EDITED.

There is one player and one player ONLY who was edited at the beginning ONE way and edited oppositely near the end.

They started the game playing Like Debb Eaton (first to get the boot) and are now playing it like Tina (the winner), this is just my example, not that there is some sort of Debb/Tina relation.

But there is one last point I wish to make.
There are main characters, supporting characters and villains and heros, martyrs and heroins.

Robert and Zoe are not main characters and at best they are supporting characters. Robert is kind of like Tammys sidekick and Zoe is Kathys, but this point is not really that important.

The main character throughout the show, the one that has felt the empowerement of the Waterfall, Who's game plan has flipped (correlation to the flipped imagery) The one person who is playing the game is

KATHY.

Kathy went from "these people will like me now that I found food" "why don't they like me , I brought them food, I don't understand" To a complete FLIP of "I brought them a snickers in hopes to lighten the mood, It may backfire but I just thought it would be a good idea".

Kathy's personality has also flipped: "I decided to play it low"

Kathy has been the focal point of every episode.

Now where does this leave Tammy? Afterall she was one of my pics to win it all. She is the narrator of the show, she is playing to win and it looks like she wins immunity next week.
But, that is all she is, the narrator. She is Mark Burnetts distraction. We are led to believe she can win it since John was too overbearing. We were right, john was too overbearing and he lost.

I may come back and touch this up and add a few pics, but for now it seems obvious to me that Kathy wins.

Thanks for reading.

the tribe has spoken

"I know I don't know you, and you're probably not what you seem, but I sure would like to find out so why don't you climb down of
that TV screen"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Water is power? mavsfan 04-20-02 1
   RE: Water is power? SurvivinDawg 04-24-02 12
 A few thoughts... sleeeve 04-20-02 2
   RE: A few thoughts... ivoryElephant 04-20-02 3
   RE: A few thoughts... Ra_8secs 05-07-02 34
 the problem with this "spoiler" shakes the clown 04-20-02 4
 RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... PepeLePew13 04-20-02 5
 RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... idiotcowboy 04-20-02 6
   RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... ivoryElephant 04-21-02 8
 RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... Punkin 04-23-02 9
   RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... SurvivinDawg 04-24-02 14
 Give me a break Cathy the Canadian 04-23-02 10
   RE: Give me a break PepeLePew13 04-24-02 13
   RE: Give me a break SurvivinDawg 04-24-02 15
       Touche Cathy the Canadian 04-24-02 16
 Waterfall narration, conversation, ... mavsfan 04-23-02 11
   Ivory jkokoj 04-24-02 17
   RE: Waterfall narration, conversati... Ra_8secs 05-07-02 35
 RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... vulcan 04-26-02 18
   RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... Loree 04-30-02 19
 Water=Power frisky 04-30-02 20
 RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... infinitesurvivor 05-02-02 21
   RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... ivoryElephant 05-03-02 22
       kathy ?makes? power chaddo22 05-04-02 23
       RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... toddE 05-06-02 29
 RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... ShowMeTheWinner 05-06-02 24
   This theory is already DEAD shakes the clown 05-06-02 25
       Not quite dead yet ShowMeTheWinner 05-06-02 26
           RE: Not quite dead yet PepeLePew13 05-06-02 27
           get over it, its done shakes the clown 05-06-02 28
               RE: get over it, its done JeffGator 05-06-02 30
               RE: get over it, its done Spidey 05-06-02 31
                   RE: get over it, its done survivormitsx 05-06-02 32
 RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor ... Ra_8secs 05-07-02 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-02, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Water is power?"
I think you have something with the water = power theory.

It's time to go back and look at each episode and see who is shown in the water fall and what they are saying/doing/said about them.

I'm pretty sure I've got all the episodes except the last part of the last show (thought I had more tape left on that one).

Just off hand I think I remember Pascal/Neleh jumping into the water together (Switching alliances together?).

This will be interesting to develope. Thanks for the post.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-02, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Water is power?"
Also, when forming their plans that ousted John, Paschal and Neleh were shown bathing in the ocean (you guessed it) WATER.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-20-02, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "A few thoughts..."
First... on the water.

I agree 100%. After last season, MB recieved a lot of flack about the lack of water in the show. A lot of people thought it really negatively affected the dynamics, and the overall quality.

In this season, water has played a HUGE role in the show. The TC set is filmed in front of the moonlit (with large stage lights) ocean, the final words-booth is in front of the ocean... there is at least one challenge per episode that takes place in or next to the ocean, the tribes live on the beach, and even the opening credits end with the official logo beneath the rippling water.

It is clear that water is highly symbolic in this series, and it does not surprise me that the waterfall is being used in the way you describe... in fact, I'd noticed it myself.

As for the backwards imagery, I tend to disagree. It has been standard practice on Survivor to use reversed images to make the picture prettier (I remember a comment on one wabpage during S3 that in the 20ish vidcaps that were taken of the preview, nearly half of them were reversed images, when you looked closely at the words on the Survivor buff).

The reason to do this? To make a better LOOKING show. There are many cases where a shot is reversed in order to give the illusion of continuity... The images you refer to are no different, and I doubt that they are symbolic of a Neleh victory.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

04-20-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A few thoughts..."
I am not saying neleh wins. That was the opinion of someone else.

I am saying Kathy wins in regards to the flipping.

sorry if that confused some people

"I know I don't know you, and you're probably not what you seem, but I sure would like to find out so why don't you climb down of that TV screen"

Gina Crews, the Sole Survivor!

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-07-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: A few thoughts..."
Water makes for good white noise

Agree with the dearth of water in S3. S2 had floods and a river.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-02, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "the problem with this "spoiler""
I completely agree that water represents something important in this game, although I am not sure that it is power. There is a good thread on EZ where it has been suggested that being in the waterfall represents awareness and awakening to the situation around the contestant. Others have suggested that the Survivor shown in the waterfall is the Survivor who is in power.

But, the problem with this spoiler is that it seems as if we have no way of actually applying this theory to spoiling the show since all the symbolism (gaining power, gaining awareness) is applied within the same ep that the person is in the waterfall. Therefore, the relevance of the spoiler is self contained within the ep it is used in.

Now, I know we do have a vidcap this week with Sean in the waterfall, and maybe someone can figure out how it applies to this theory, but without seeing the full context of the scene including the voice over or narration that accompanies it, we really have no way of speculating as to its significance. Also, for all we know there are other contestants in the waterfall that same ep.

I think at the very least we can maybe assume that contestants featured in the waterfall do NOT get booted that episode, but with Sean we already know he's not going anywhere next week anyway so this doens't really help us.

Oh well, hopefully someone will come up with a real way to use this theory cause I sure don't see anything to it right now.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-02, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
>First off: WATER
>water plays an important role in this show.
>
>Whenever a player is shown under a waterfall they recieve power.

Another thought that might not be very relevant but might 'attest' to the theorized power of the waterfall -- Maraamu didn't have a waterfall and they repeatedly lost challenges. Oh sure, the Maraamus were badly put-together from the start, but it's an idea worth lumping in with the discussion above of the waterfall's strength.

It IS interesting, though, how Kathy has been edited thus far. We started off disliking her for the most part and she was shown to be a clownish figure (no offense, shakes) -- we all thought she was most likely to get booted from episodes 2 to 4. She is now edited as someone who is considerably less whiny and more capable, as someone who is thoroughly playing the game and did a fair amount of work to rally the misfits together to vote against John. Shades of Dicque.

"I'm the General and that's that."
Robert DeCanio, April 11/02

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-02, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
This post reminded me of a post I made a while back that I shamelessly just bumped. I think you might be onto something. I have always been a strong proponent of editing and how things are edited being a strong and rather underused spoiling technique.

Water is power this season, the question is as shakes stated knowing that how do we make use of it? Perhaps someone has seen a trend, unfortunately I haven't but that doesn't mean there is not one.

Good thoughts keep them coming!

-ICB

04-21-02, 10:45 PM (EST)
8. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
Another point that I would like to make is that the whole show seems to be about Kathys progression through the game.
There is not one player left that has had as much of a story line as her. We see Kathy struggle with personal issues, she overcomes them. She is stuck on the Maraamu tribe and she goes to tribal councel two more times, she is spared.
There is no getting rid of her, she gets sharper and sharper as the game goes on.

Tammy's has been minimal, for the most part she is a narrator of the down and dirty. I for one am not as attached to Tammy as I would have hoped to be. I picked tammy and gina as my two faves going in.

Kathys transformation from Everyone hating her to everyone loving her will be completed when she walks away with the one million dollars.
If Tammy goes next the idea of Kathy winning will be firmly set in my mind.

"I know I don't know you, and you're probably not what you seem, but I sure would like to find out so why don't you climb down of that TV screen"

Gina Crews, the Sole Survivor!

Punkin 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-23-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Punkin Click to send private message to Punkin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
What makes this theory compelling to me is my vague memory of a 'theme' revolving around the sun and the connections to Ethan. Does anyone remember enough about the S3 'Sun Theme' and Ethan to compare that theory to this??

04-24-02, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
Punkin, if my memory serves me correctly, Tapewatcher's sun theme went like this:

Ethan (who is Jewish) was frequently shown immediately before or after shots of the blazing African sun that had six pointers like the Star Of David. Cameras frequently have this effect with strong lights, and can be made to have that effect, but when others (for example, Lex) were shown, the sun didn't have that Star Of David effect.

Tapewatcher then concluded that this was MB's secret way of showing that Ethan would be the eventual winner.

In S-II, Tapewatcher concluded that Tina would win because she was virtually unseen in Ep. 1, and was always kept in the deep background, a contrast to S-1's Dicque.

For this type of relevance to Survivor IV, we must try to determine if ONE individual is being shown in a particular way: Is ONE person being shown in the water more than others? Is ONE person being edited in a different way than the others? I can't say that this is true of any ONE person in particular. Several people have been shown with the waterfall or in the ocean water, etc. The NeleH/backwards frames speculation might fit this bill, but that's happened in other shows, so it's not clear if this is of true spoiler value.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Give me a break"
You've obviously given this a lot of thought ivory elephant, and you may be right about Kathy winning, but I don't think her time in the waterfall has anything to do with anything.

I think your giving the editors over at survivor too much credit if you think they put this much thought into things. Don't get me wrong, I think their editing is brilliant - it makes the show what it is ... but ... actually planning out all this symbolism in the hopes that spoilers like you will figure it out? I don't think they have that much time on their hands!

Maybe it's a subconcious thing, but methinks you give them too much credit.

04-24-02, 06:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Give me a break"
I wouldn't knock it too much, Cathy... MB has shown that he is very big on symbolism. He openly made a big deal about "giving us" the winner in the past with Richard's "write me the cheque" in S1. We also saw the "Dog that didn't bark" theory with Tina as she was the only one who wasn't shown speaking or alone on camera in the first episode of S2. In S3, there was the Ethan as Jesus editing theory that was prevalent through the first episode. MB just loves this type of thing.

04-24-02, 07:43 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Give me a break"
Cathy, you need to understand that this is EXACTLY what MB does... he does indeed put this kind of thought into these things.

In Survivor II, MB told us blatantly that he'd left a clue in the first episode as to the eventual winner. The clue was that Tina Wesson was the one person NOT shown in virtually any way.

Frequently, MB shows us little analogies: In S-2, Rodger was fishing and talking about Kucha about to be an extinct tribe. To drive home the point, the camera showed the caught fish flopping around helplessly on the ground.

In Survivor III, as the Samburro tribe was falling apart, a shot of the wind blowing over the Immunity Idol was included, indicating a change for the worse about to happen to Samburro.

MB's attempt to show misdirection both in previews, on the web site, and during the show itself (such as the focus on Sean then hey, presto! John is waxed in the last moment) requires a large amount of thought and planning.

Last, but not least, you might be aware of two "spoilers" that were later shown to be fakes: The Gervase-X picture (purporting to show Gervase as being in the Final Four in S-1, then he got booted MUCH earlier), and the website Source Code (which seemed to indicate Amber and Elisabeth as the final two).

So I don't think we're giving MB too much credit at all. In fact, we may not see everything he tries to do!

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Touche"
Yeah, you guys have a point.

MB really is the dark genious, isn't he?

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Waterfall narration, conversation, & actions"
I've gone back and watched all the SIV episodes I have on tape
(I lack half of last weeks episode).

What follows is all of the narrations, conversations, and actions of the players while at the waterfall. I haven't formed any particular theory based on these notes, but thought they might hold some value so here they are.

E1:
Gabe : spots the waterfall.

Neleh: "We were so excited when we found that waterfall. Like I saw it for the first time and I couldn't believe my eyes".

Neleh/John stand under the waterfall.

John: "Come on".

Neleh: "I'm like, this is awsome" (water fall behind her).

Neleh/John again under the waterfall.

Neleh/Paschal under the waterfall (focus of the shot is Neleh, we only see Paschals arm).

Zoe under the waterfall drinking the water as it falls.

Gabe jumps from a ledge under the falls into the pond.
Robert jumps from a ledge next to the falls into the pond.
Paschal jumps from a ledge under the falls to the pond.
Neleh jumps from a ledge under the falls into the pond, but this shot is different in that Gabe, Robert & Paschal are shown in profile and appear to be jumping away from the falls. Neleh has the falls behind her, so she doesn't appear to be jumping away from the falls as the others were.

Gabe again jumps from under the falls into the pond.

Tammy jumps from the falls to the pond. Like Neleh, the falls are behind her, but only a very small portion of the falls can be seen.

John swims in the pond.

Zoe: "I don't want to go home" - laughs. (Water fall is behind her.)

Neleh/Robert/Zoe stand hip deep in the pond Robert: "That waterfalls just aaahhh. It's just like sanctuary."

Gabe/Zoe fill water jug from the waterfall.

Robert: "We got water. These surroundings will give you everything. So you gotta be close to mother earth now if you never were before, nows the time".

*** INTERESTINGLY, Kathy was there (she was with them when they found the falls),BUT SHE WAS NOT SHOWN IN OR NEAR THE FALLS. It's as if she vanished.

E2:
Kathy: "The seafood buffet lifted everyones spirit and I thought - well, this will give me a point, you know, I won't get voted off now - I'm finding food. But, not once did the say way to go Kath, thanks Kath. A pat on the back? I didn't get one. Wierd. I mean, I'm not THAT hard to get along with. (this is a confessional with the waterfalls in the background).

Kathy: "I was taken off guard that they bit back so hard. They bit back real hard. To the point where I was almost in tears". (This is a confessional with the waterfall in the background, after she had pushed the tribe about getting shelter and food.)

E3:
Neleh: "He's just always smiling and giving tons and tons of love. I mean, of anybody on the whold team that I would have the toughest time voting off, it would definitely be him. (She's talking about Paschal - water fall in background).

E4:
Tammy: "After the challenge we got 3 new tribe members. We got Vee, we got Rob, we got Sean. I couldn't have been happier when they switched us up. I loved the people that I was part of that first original 8 of, but I was also thrilled to get some new people in our tribe." (waterfall in background).

Tammy: "If Sean & Rob decide not to work, we will still feed them, but their ass' will be gone first vote." (waterfall in background).

E5:
None

E6:
Tammy in waterfall.
John waterfall overshoulder.
Robert: "Right about now we're feeling pretty confident. That we are in control".
Tammy jumps off ledge into the pond.
John: "It's like no line of B.S. to what I'm saying. I mean if we do it right the winner will come out of this group. I mean I've been waiting for us to lose one so we could, you know, get rid of Gabe." (John standing beside pond talking to Robert & Zoe).

John: "My leadership has emerged since we voted Gabe out. There was definitly a shift. I mean, basically now, everyone knows I'm the leader. Everyone knows I'm running the show." - (This is NOT A waterwall shot. John says this while picking taro. I've included it since it's bookended by 2 waterfall shots and may be intended to be taken in context with the waterfall conversations.)

John: "If we were to lose our next immunity challenge we're up 4-3 so to be honest, the reward challenge is the one we want today. No matter what it is, we just make sure our best personnel are there. And, maybe not put as much focus and effort into the Immunity challenge that comes up after that. (waterfall over John's shoulder, and shots of Robert, Zoe, and Tammy with the pond as background).

Robert: "John has made himself the power guy in our little group. That's fine with me. Right now It's time for me to sit back, relax, and let him take the grief." (pond in background).

Tammy: "But the thing is, I'm not throwing immunity. I can't go in there and not try." (waterfall in edge of screen).

John: "Just don't do anything extra, like help them if they are like falling behind. I'm serious, were talking about 1 million dollars at stake here." (at pond).

John: "What I was trying to say to Tammy is there are certain battles that you definitely need to win and there are certain battles you don't." (ponf in background).

Tammy: "I hate the fact that I'm in this challenge and you don't want to win this. (edge of the pond)

John: "I don't know what to tell ya. It's better if he's just gone." (at pond - Interestingly, if they had lost the challenge and gotten rid of John, he couldn't have tipped Kathy to the alliance of 4).

E7:
AFTER MERGE

Kathy: "I think the game has changed in the sense that the Rotu loyalty has disolved or taken on a new shape."

Rob confronts Zoe about the shifted alliances. Kathy shown to get up and almost RUN to the waterfall and plunges in to the pool. Mystical/enlightenment music plays as Kathy stands under the waterfall getting cascaded by falling water and floating in the pond.

Kathy "Zoey's lying to me, they're all lying to me, THEY'RE ALL LYING TO ME and I'm being played as a pawn. A pawn. I need the immunity because I'm getting the axe. It's not adding up, but I'm gonna trust what Rob told me and I need immunity to stay in the game." (says this in the pond).

E8:
Kathy shown in waterfall as Neleh and Paschal stand on land.
John is present.

Kathy: "I don't know why, but I get empowered by this waterfall. I't's the freshwater and it's just invigorating. So I wanted to be up there and just feel that pressure point on my back and kind of wake-up and start a new day in a better direction".

Neleh beside Pascale. Pascale is under the edge of the falls, Neleh is not in the water.

Paschal jumps into the pond with the waterfall behind him.

John: "There. You've got it".

Kathy?: (something unintelligable to me may be worth another listen).

John: "5.8" (In refrence to Pascales jump).

Pascale: (something again unintelligable).

Neleh standing besides waterfall jumps in to the pond.

Neleh: "Nobody has ever complained about going to the waterfall because that's one place we go, jump in the water. It's nice and cold. It just cools us off and totally refreshes us. For me it totally rejuvenates everything inside of me and I'm ready to go again after I get out of there.

Tammy jumps from the waterfall into the pool.

End of my tape. There may have been more, but if so I didn't record it.

My initial reaction is Kathy's relationship with the waterfall seems interesting. In the 1st episode she was not shown in the waterfall and I can't help but think that's no accident. It seems too much like Tina in SII, except I think we generally had a much more negative impression of Kathy at the end of E1 than we did of Tina.

I also can't help but think MB said the reason he added the switch to the game was because he didn't want the players thinking they knew the game better than he did. Maybe he feels the same way about the SURVIVOR audience, ie. that we think we know the game just a little too well.

When SIV started many of us felt Kathy would get the ax soon. She was too much like Deb (SII) and Diane (SIII) to go very far at all. Think MB would edit Kathy to look like Deb if he knows Kathy wins?

That aside, I hope these snippets of Waterfall narration, conversation & actions help someone figure this show out.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-24-02, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Ivory"
I totally agree. Water is the big theme this year. I have Tammy as the winner as well. It looks like Kathy game more and more each day.

I stated in another post that Kathy was spoiled first as to who the Survivor 4 contestants were. I think that also fits into this theory nicely as well.

05-07-02, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Waterfall narration, conversation, & actions"
Wow, mavsfan, you're certainly not treading water nor just getting your feet wet!

Re Mavs: Great stuff w/ their international recruiting. They play ball they way I like it.

Ra

vulcan 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-26-02, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vulcan Click to send private message to vulcan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
I saw something in last nights episode that goes with this theory but i dont no how yet. last night Kathy and Sean were shown under waterfalls at the same time with Sean in the forefront and Kathy in the background and the other three members in the back ground lookin on. Have we just been given our final two?

The roach is back bashers bash away

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
I never would have believed that Kathy had a chance after the first few episodes. But I felt the same way about Rich in the first series. I actually like Kathy now. And she seems to be sitting in the best position. She is the link between the others in the 5 unAlliance. Neleh and Pappy are close just as Vee and Sean are. But Kathy keeps them together. She really gets to decide which group of 2 moves into the final 3. But she also doesn't have a close partner. So she would have to win that last IC to stick around. I don't think any of the other 4 (I've already forgotten about Tammy and Robert) would pick her over their friend.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Water=Power"
I didn't think of the water/power association until I started reading this thread. Thanks, Elephant. I will be watching for this imagery in future episodes. But, like others have said, it looks like this will be a theme that will change from episode to episode and may not help with long-term spoilage.

Did you notice after the John-boot last week, the first scenes were of the 5 playing at the waterfall, singing, revelling in their new-found power?

Past post-TC scenes have usually been at night, on the way back from TC or at camp afterwards, with tribe members discussing the boot. How interesting it would have been last week to see scenes from the walk back from TC, or the arrival at the camp, to see and hear T/R's initial response to the coupe. I was looking forward to a Tammy tantrum a la Lindsay.

Instead, MB gives us the celebration at the waterfall. A lot of the Rotu 4's scheming and strategizing took place with the waterfall as the backdrop, and the first scene we have of the new power alliance is at the waterfall. It was clearly a symbolic dethroning.

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-02, 04:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
Exccelent observation. Let's see if MB gives us a SP ("spoilers" reward), by previewing water=power clues, in the final episodes, though I doubt it, as it might be one of is favorite aspects of "Survivior".

I can't contribute to any logical speculation on this until more reviewing, other than supporting this integral line of reasoning, and, to comment on the evolution of the production:

There seems to be some main foci goals for "Survivor":

1. game voting strategies.

drama of the battle of: honesty v/s game tactics, including pivital challenges that test: knowlege of other players, ie: integrity.

2. importance of "the elements". I'm a little foggy here, I drifted past "The Fith Element" lines of: earth, fire, wind, water, true love, where we are realizing:

the water thing. The next "Survivor" is being speculated as taking place @Thailand. The spec map shows two camps. One with a river and one without. This adheres to the flow of MB's facination of the diferent effects on the tribes moods/growth. The last "Survivor" show deprived all of water. I think we got the point, and, MB satisfyingly conceded, and proceeded to impress it.

the fire thing. MB gave up on the fire part too, disappointing me too, that the rubbing sticks thing is tough for the average, hence MB, rather than burning up air-time and crushing the players' energy base, so far, is making the fire come easy.

the wind thing: the kite challenge? (far fetched) Maybe we'll see what "the average" knows of sailing, or, even storm force winds!

earth: maybe later tie-ins.

true love: good luck MB! I know you can do it!

3. physical abilities. MB balances the winning requirement between: social/tactical and physical ability. A very fine balance, controled through "the rules are: There are no rules", ie: MB, day by, invoks challenges and game-changes that lean towards an outcome (so far, so good. very tricky). Inevetabaly, discoutnting Tina, where nobody had the energy to do much, MB might concede, now, to well rounded v/s social/game-stategy skills. It's an age old battle of intelect and conformity.+

4. broad representation of current social niches. Again, desperatly controlled, "the rules are made to fit", towards the goal of a broad audience.

5. five schmive, etc...

6. Keep the endeavor: hush-hush. That alone, with continued success, surely deserves praise and further support.

ps: I'm a first time poster, I hope I didn't post in the wrong spot. Imagine, if you will, a "praisers" forum. No "bashing" or "spoiling". Exemplify the good.

05-03-02, 09:24 PM (EST)
22. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
Followup analysis....

Now we are down to 6 players.

Robert is defineatly out if he doesn't win the next IC. People who flip flop in this game (Brandon, Kelly, Zoe) get Gooned (as Kim J would say).

The P/N and S/V alliances will vie for Kathy's vote.

Kathy and Sean both talked about how hard neleh was playing and that they really didn't want her in the final 2.

Kathy stated that they needed to get rid of neleh.

You can bet once Robert is gone that Kathy will side with S/V. She is always with them and supporting them and she knows she has a better chance at beating non-Rotu.

If Robert wins Immunity next week I am sure we will see neleh going. She is too much of a threat and K/S/V see this. They are the major alliance right now. It would also fit the pattern (which is just a coincidence) that the 11th person voted off on the 3 previous survivors was a young attractive female.

Once Kathy makes it to the final 3 she will have to win the IC to make the final 2.
Unlike past winners of the last IC, she has no alliance and therefore will not alienate anyone with her vote. People will respect her for overcoming all odds and making the final 2 without an alliance EVER.

That is my follow up analysis...

Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, the Sole Survivor!

chaddo22 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chaddo22 Click to send private message to chaddo22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "kathy ?makes? power"
perhaps this is why MB showed us Kathy coming to John's rescue ...
since water is so important, Kathy's ability to make water on command ought to seal her up as winner :-}

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-06-02, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
My thoughts exactly, with one thing: Do you think Sean would definitely take Vee? If he has a secret with Kathy, maybe he'd choose her.

On the other hand, he'd have an easy win over Vee, I think, so that's probably unlikely.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-06-02, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
I think the upcoming episode is a great episode to check if this theory holds true. Check out this clip.

<>

Robert is shown jumping into the waterfall and Neleh and Kathy are shown at the waterfall as well. If the water = power theory is true, will this mean that Robert is safe this week?

05-06-02, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "This theory is already DEAD "
>I think the upcoming episode is
>a great episode to check
>if this theory holds true.
>Robert is shown jumping into the
>waterfall and Neleh and Kathy
>are shown at the waterfall
>as well. If the water
>= power theory is true,
>will this mean that Robert
>is safe this week?

....this theory, although it never actually supplied us with a single usable spoiler is already officially dead in the water (get it?) after last week's episode where Robert, Kathy and TAMMY were shown in the waterfall...and we all know what happened to Tammy last week.

So, feel free to let this thresd sink to the archives lest it confuse the 80% of the people on the board who just never seem to get anything unless they are beaten over the head with it about 1000 times.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-06-02, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Not quite dead yet"
The theory's not quite dead yet. If you only apply the theory to the preview clips only and not the entire show-- perhaps as MB's clue to spoilers-- the theory can still hold true.

Maybe I've missed it but I don't think Robert, Kathy, and Tammy were shown in the waterfalls during the previews of last episode.

05-06-02, 04:01 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Not quite dead yet"
Not just in the previews... but I also interpret this theory as being in effect when there is an individual close-up as what we've seen from predominantly 3 people so far (Sean, Kathy and John when he proclaimed himself as the leader).

It probably amounts to diddlysquat... or merely relates to who has the power at that moment, but not to the overall picture of who wins the game. IF we see a preview for the final episode with one specific person under the waterfall, then we may perhaps read into that as giving us who wins the whole thing.

GO HABS!

05-06-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
28. "get over it, its done"
>The theory's not quite dead yet.
>If you only apply the
>theory to the preview clips
>only and not the entire
>show-- perhaps as MB's clue
>to spoilers-- the theory can
>still hold true.
>

.....so, now we're mutating this theory so that it only applies to waterfall scenes shown in the previews??? That's about the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Now tell me, how many times have we even seen the waterfall in the previews? Twice? John and Sean? What next, after Robert gets voted out the theory is going to become that it only applies to when we see black people in the waterfall during the previews?

Its done, and there's nothing else to it. It was a fun little symbolism theory and seemed to hold weight WITHIN an episode, but it has produced ZERO spoiler material this season.

Maybe Mararotu can come up with a chart to show compare the waterfall shots with the order of the opening credits coupled with the order in which the contestants are listed in the clallenge tracker on CBS.com, then we'll really be on to something.

Please, let this thresd die the death it deserved weeks ago. I for one will not post on this thresd anymore.....if I want to waste anymore time on spoilers I'll focus my attention on the "is sean a racist" debate located a few threads down cause that has about as much spoiler value as the friggen waterfall.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-06-02, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: get over it, its done"
What next, after Robert gets voted out the theory is going to become that it only applies to when we see black people in the waterfall during the previews?
--ROFLMAO! You're hysterical shakes, but I guess everyone already knows that

--I agree with the clown, this theory has been proven wrong, and mutated to try and prove itself right so many times it's ridiculous. Like a dog that has rabies, you just need to let it die.

And by the way, it still was an awesome attempt by ivoryelephant even though it has turned out to be false. I still would like to applaud him on his effort.

Richard Hatch/Tina Wesson/Ethan Zohn/Kathy O'Brien
"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...and there it goes."--Bobby Hill
--"I will cut the head off of whoever it is that did this. I'm gonna take them out. I'm gonna slit their throat."

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-02, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: get over it, its done"
Where ya been Shakes? We've missed you. Ok, maybe i should just speak for myself.

Please re-read the original post and note that Ivory Elephant's post is about Kathy being edited as the ultimate survivor, water = power as one theme. That theory has obviously NOT been proven wrong yet. I still think water DOES equal power in the editing, even if water shots can't be used to predict the next boot.

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-06-02, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: get over it, its done"
I have also thought from day one that Kathy would win, and have written a theory like this on the Surviiivor.com boards called "Kathy: Winner of Survivor: Marquesas" One interesting tidbit i noticed last epi. was that we were shown a lot of time of Kathy bonding with Robert and Tammy...one thing that jumps out is with throwing the tarot. I dunno, i do think Kathy is winning more Jury votes than you think...btw, what did she say when she voted for Tammy?

05-07-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
33. "RE: An Epiphany: The real Survivor 4 spoiler"
The camera-reversal is a technique (or just lame-ass editing) that few pick up on. Good sight, ivory.

There was a thread in 'bashers regarding the God-ness of this S4. John's crucifiction (haha re spell), Sean's early baptism w/ Peter, of the Holy Holes, more waterfall purifying. Lots's of prayers. OMH instead of OMG. (Satan's influence?)

At least, there does seem to be a higher level of morality on S4 than in the previous series. This points, I think, to Vee or Pappy winning, at least being final two.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •