The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone want to take a stab at predicting the top 12 before the Hollywood rounds begin?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-29-09, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone want to take a stab at predicting the top 12 before the Hollywood rounds begin?"
Watching/fast forwarding through the show last few nights I decided they were working on casting the top 10 for their AI tour. They need enough different types to bring in a variety of fans. Who will be the ones cast for the tour? Or at least top 12?

And did they already go to NY? I must have missed that week.

And while we're on the topic, anyone want to take a stab at the winner this year?

I can take a stab at who the winner won't be...it won't be someone like David Cook or Chris D. It won't be someone like Taylor or Ruben.

They could use a male winner like one of the Jonas Brothers or a male Carrie Underwood.

They could use a female winner like a Kelly Clarkson, Amy Winehouse, a Miley Cyrus, or a Britney type.

So what I don't expect to see is a charismatic older male in this year's top 12 unless he sings country.

I do expect to see three or four under twenty hopefuls ...because the David Archuletta fans bought a lot of downloads and AI tour tickets.

Top 12 predictions- by archetypes, a few identified:

1. Young guy ala Archuletta/Sanjaya/Jonas Brothers

2. African-American guy that is at least 20

3. A guy with a sob story (blind guy? The guy who's a recent widower?)

4. Hottie guy like a Michael Johns, etc. (I'm hoping but this one will be the long shot this year)

5. Alternative guy like a Jason Castro

6. Country guy--Brent Kent Smith perhaps?

7. Rocker girl

8. Carly Smithson plant type--Joanna P plant perhaps? (Someone who can really sing but is not slated to be the winner)

9. African- American girl--I'm hoping for Leneshe from 'Nati.

10. Young girl --under 20, like a Miley Cyrus -- probably a 16 year old because they put quite a few 16 year olds through, could be white, Latino, African-American

11. Country girl or Latino girl--some other girl niche

12. Good Looking girl--cute but not top 5 material--like Pickler, Haley, etc.

If we don't get a young guy like a Jonas Brothers type or a country guy in the top 6 then I think AI wants a Kelly Clarkson replacement/ Miley Cyrus or even Amy Winehouse type of winner this year. Kelly has a new album coming out but imo AI wants to recapture the magic (of sales) they had with Kelly --the early years.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone want to take a stab at p... Snidget 01-29-09 1
   RE: Anyone want to take a stab at p... zazzy 01-29-09 2
 RE: Anyone want to take a stab at p... Ahtumbreez 01-29-09 3
   RE: Anyone want to take a stab at p... mindy23 01-29-09 4
       RE: Anyone want to take a stab at p... zazzy 01-30-09 5
           RE: Anyone want to take a stab at p... Ahtumbreez 01-31-09 6
 RE: Anyone want to take a stab at p... geekboy 02-03-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-09, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anyone want to take a stab at predicting the top 12 before the Hollywood rounds begin?"
There is an extra night this week.

We will get NY/Puerto Rico Thursday night.

01-29-09, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anyone want to take a stab at predicting the top 12 before the Hollywood rounds begin?"
Oops! LOL, too early for archetype predictions, then? But then again, I don't think there was supposed to be much from the PR tryouts.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-09, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anyone want to take a stab at predicting the top 12 before the Hollywood rounds begin?"
I'll put Rose Flack in your 7 spot.

Agman took me to the islands

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-29-09, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anyone want to take a stab at predicting the top 12 before the Hollywood rounds begin?"
Almost hate to say this, but Rose Flack, as cute and adorable as she is, cannot sing a tune in a bucket! What is the deal this year? Sending people through because they are 'cute', and have adorable personalities??

All the past 6 seasons, we have heard Simon's mantra about this not being a dancing competition, a personality competition, etc. etc., and LOOK AT THIS now! What are they thinking??

This poor girl actually thinks she has what it takes, and she will end up getting eaten by SHARKS!! I can guarantee that! If she thinks losing her parents was rough-she's in for another hard time. I just want to reach out and hold her, and give her a free ride to college, so she can LEARN what she needs to learn, before she gets out there and gets eaten!

01-30-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Anyone want to take a stab at predicting the top 12 before the Hollywood rounds begin?"
Seems like there were a lot of "cute face" comments this year. Does that portend a young, cute winner (under 20)?

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-09, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anyone want to take a stab at predicting the top 12 before the Hollywood rounds begin?"
And although I disagree with Mindy - at least during the auditions - it seems like the judges during Hollywood week agree with you according to the leaked list.

It'll be interesting to see if I agree with them or if she'll be another Josiah Lemming for me.

Agman took me to the islands

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-03-09, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anyone want to take a stab at predicting the top 12 before the Hollywood rounds begin?"
One word. My pre-Hollywood pick, and still a pick after tonight.

Say it with me!

Anoop!

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •