The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-14-09, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
For keeping an eye on the machinations of the producers: who they're promoting, who they choose to shove in our faces, and who just gets given the full 'Oh, Archie!' treatment. We've already been pointedly told that one contestant should make the top five: it'll only get more blatant from here.

If you're a My Coke Rewards member, you can watch exclusive behind-the-scenes videos at no points cost: http://www.mycokerewards.com . This probably means six hours of download for two seconds of footage.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... LostAddict 01-14-09 1
   RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... buckeyegirl 01-14-09 2
   RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... BeckEye 01-24-09 14
 RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... Belle Book 01-14-09 3
   RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... Estee 01-14-09 4
 RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... zazzy 01-14-09 5
   RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... batts 01-14-09 6
   RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... buckeyegirl 01-15-09 7
       RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... agman 01-15-09 9
 RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... emydi 01-15-09 8
   RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... zazzy 01-15-09 10
       RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... Snidget 01-15-09 11
       RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... Estee 01-15-09 12
       RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker th... zazzy 01-15-09 13
 The next Carly mrc 01-24-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-14-09, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
I was very unimpressed with the first stop. Some were okay, but no "great" performances. I liked the last one (they guy with the sight problem), the rough kneck, the rocker girl. But other than that, they were just pretty meh.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-09 AT 10:17 AM (EST)

Those were the three that I liked as well. Bikini girl isn't going to make it very far..or knowing my luck she'll be the next Sanjaya. Edited to add: They seemed to focus on the rough neck, Bikini girl and the last guy who auditioned a lot...

Another brilliant Tribephyl creation

BeckEye 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-24-09, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeckEye Click to send private message to BeckEye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-09 AT 02:22 AM (EST)

They're going to pimp Joanna hard. If she doesn't win, she will have a hilarious meltdown. Neither she nor her stage mother could stand that she got fired from "Annie," so I doubt she would take the entire nation's rejection very well!

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-14-09, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
I think they might be promoting the blind guy.

Belle Book

01-14-09, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
To me, Scott's audition is an uncommon enough event that it was going to be featured no matter how it went. If he'd stunk, he would have gotten a fairly mild sympathy edit. As-is, we're probably looking at Hail The Possibly-Conquering Hero all the way to the Top 36, plus one full hair makeover.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-14-09, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-09 AT 10:59 PM (EST)

--Jason Castro's brother--Jason and his family rooting him on back story.

--The India/Asia sisters--India? made it. Big sister rooting for her sister back story.

--Daniel J...the music teacher. Sang Heard It Through the Grapevine.

Judges: "The best we heard so far".

The recent passing of his wife backstory...is there any way this guy isn't in the top 12?

Is it just me or is there a lot more music and sound effects accompanying the contestants this time? For example, they played "How To Safe A Life" as Daniel left the room and was jubilant about winning a ticket to Hollywood.

Seems overreaching and overproduced...but again this is my least favorite part of the show. Wish we saw only talented people at this stage.

I have not watched that much of the two programs--just hopscotching through them because I do not like this part at all--all the junk that is put through for ratings, egging the poor auditioners on, letting them think they may have a shot when the producers know they are awful...

ETA: just fast forwarded through more of the show and saw there was backstory and praise for the Memphis singer...compared to Fantasia/Mary J. Blige...retro...best so far comments again...and then she exits with excitement to see her family and Fantasia's "Waiting for this moment to arrive/I Beleive" plays her off...yep, a lot of music being used to lead our thinking this year.

I probably missed some tonight because I went through the program so fast--who else? I am counting on the auditions being on Youtube or some AI fan site...so I think I can catch up later after they reduce the numbers a bit.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-14-09, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
Is it just me or is there a lot more music and sound effects accompanying the contestants this time?

I noticed more 'sound effects' also.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-09, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
I noticed the music thing as well. I can't decide if I like it or not.

Another brilliant Tribephyl creation

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
I noticed it also and it really bothers me.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-09, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
well the plants are back...go to VFTW if you want to know

including Donny and Marie's nephew!

01-15-09, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
Oh, yes, of course I want to know! Anyone else? Do we need to separate thread to discuss plants since it is spoilerish or is this thread ok to discuss them? Thanks, Em!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-09, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
I think my contestant spoiler thread would be a good place for that kind of discussion.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/2639.shtml

01-15-09, 12:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
Plants are a subcategory of producer manipulation -- but personally, I think it's distinct enough for its own thread.

01-15-09, 01:29 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Pre-competition pimp tracker thread"
I'll follow whatever you all decide. I saw that Geekboy had posted in Snidget's contestant spoiler thread and I thought he did not like spoilers--so wherever you all want is fine.

I just remembered that a friend's daughter's friend's sister made it through to Hollywood and I have not inquired yet about whether she made it any further or even where she auditioned. Time to get a spoiler!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-09, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "The next Carly"
This article/blog rant is enlightening about the appearance of not-so-amateurish auditioners:

Like Carly, Joanna is a former child entertainer--a moderately talented, moderately pretty girl aggressively groomed from an early age to be a big pop star. And like Carly, who ended up getting dropped from MCA and becoming a waitress, things also didn't work out for Joanna quite as she or her Svengalis (among them Geffen Records honcho and frequent reality-TV figure Ron Fair) had planned. Despite appearances on the movie soundtracks for Legally Blonde, Nancy Drew, and Bratz, and having one of her songs covered by Britney Spears, Joanna's one album for Geffen/A&M, This Crazy Life, was a flop. Just like Carly's Ultimate High. Joanna (as she used to be singularly named) was dropped from A&M in 2007.

I can't say I'm at all surprised that Joanna's career did not take off. This Crazy Life, while capably sung, was a very generic album, hardly a vehicle for the next supposed superstar. I actually remember, surprisingly vividly, when some people from her label came by the Yahoo! Music office a few years ago to play Joanna's music video for the staff, in hopes of getting us all pumped up. They talked Joanna up excitedly for about 20 minutes, like she was Madonna, Janet, and Mariah all rolled into one, before they finally played us....this:

<insert crappy video>

The silence in the Yahoo! conference room was deafening. I was not impressed, and judging by my co-workers' lack of feedback, I assumed they agreed with me. And I was equally unimpressed with Joanna's audition on American Idol this week.

It turns out that Joanna's short-lived tenure with A&M/Geffen wasn't her first career setback: Her firing from the touring company of Annie, when she was just 12 years old, was apparently such a psyche-destroying blow, it became the subject of an in-depth Barbara Walters report.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/123306/is-joanna-pacitti-the-next-carly-smithson

A Slice of Manga

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •