The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Juniors 6-24"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-25-03, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Juniors 6-24"
Well, last night was another mix of the really good and the really bad. Here are my opinions (provided i can remember all the names). The great and therefore SHOULD be advancing? THat would be Tori & Tyler, Chantel, Lucy & i guess push Brennan through although he really was nothing special. Tori really was on last night and i think if youre looking for PURE talent, you cant and wont find anyone better in this than Chantel Kohl. The rest of them? Well, Jordan i guess was ok but that high note she kept hitting made my dog jump. Quentin was bad. Sure the kid can moonwalk or whatever he was trying to do but other than that, theres nothing there. Mercedes wasnt as bad as the judges kind of hinted at, but beside her uber-cuteness, she's nothing to write home about. Lauren creeped me out with that "so phony it makes you want to look away in fear" smile of hers. And that leaves Canyon....what to say about Canyon.....well, at least however-many-weeks-into-the-show we are now, i was able to figure out if it was a boy or a girl. But as far as the singing? Ugh...Kid, you got nerve to get up there and you made it this far, but if this kid advances, it HAS to only be because of pre-pubescent girls all over the world falling in love with him. That is the only way.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Juniors 6-24 RUTGERSpaul 06-25-03 1
   RE: American Juniors 6-24 Rikker Mortis 06-25-03 5
 RE: American Juniors 6-24 TODDLJ 06-25-03 2
   RE: American Juniors 6-24 SaphireLady 06-26-03 7
       RE: American Juniors 6-24 Ahtumbreez 06-26-03 8
 RE: American Juniors 6-24 SaphireLady 06-25-03 3
   RE: American Juniors 6-24 Gigglebush 06-25-03 4
       RE: American Juniors 6-24 Rikker Mortis 06-25-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-25-03, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Juniors 6-24"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-03 AT 07:58 AM (EST)

I couldn't agree more on your picks of last night's talent. There is a clear 4 that should move on, those being Lucy Hale, Chantel Kohl, and the Thompson sisters.

I'd actually push for Canyon Grove instead of Brennen Hillard, although Brennen was better vocally, I keep thinking in group mode and who would make for a good group. Such how I thinkLucy Hale is great, but I don't know about putting her in a group, as Gladys Knight mentioned last night.

But I must give some extra commentary on last night...

Brennen Hillard and Jordan McCoy gave the cutest performances last night. I think they REALLY showed their youth (in a good way) and it was just refreshing from those trying to sound older. I can't get that "Stupid cupid, stopping picking on me" out of my head.

A note to anybody who wants to perform on one of these singing talent shows, I think "Can't Fight The Moonlight" needs to be retired off the song list because for whatever reason, whenever I hear that song I think Carmen Rasmusen, as as adorable as I think she is, I don't think anybody wants their audience to think Carmen Rasmusen when they're singing.

But that Tori Thompson, as much as I don't really want to root for her, since she's clearly giving her big sis a complex, she REALLY was awesome last night. ADORABLE! (Let's hope both sisters get in, because if not, Taylor will go crazy!)

And as for "Natural Talent", I would put Danielle White in there with Chantel Kohl, if not a notch above.

06-25-03, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: American Juniors 6-24"
ha. as soon as ryan announced the song, the first thing i thought of was "carmen sung this".

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-25-03, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Juniors 6-24"
Like last week, I won't do the full scathing commentary, I just can't bear to do that to kids.

Here are my rankings:

THE GIRLS

1. Lucy
Her voice was to die for, her technique perfect, and her poise and presence was way beyond her years. "She won't fit into a group" is unfair to judge at this point. (The audition is a solo, after all, and so her solo skills were first priority. Perhaps in future episodes they will be singing in small groups and we can judge her then.) She could make it all the way. She should and will make it to the next round.

2. Tori
Cute as heck, great voice, great personality. Nuff said. I'm not sold that her voice is as strong as Lucy, but it's certainly good enough for the group. Should and will make it to the next round.

3. Chantel
Great voice, a little rough around the edges, but perfect for a pop group. Has style, is exotic and beautiful. Should make it to the next round.

4. Taylor
Unfortunately, isn't quite as good as her little sis, doesn't quite have the vocal chops or presence her sis has. But great in her own right. Still, the comparison may knock her out if people decide to pick only one sister. Should make it to the next round... but will she?

5. Jordan
Cute as heck, good presence. That high note was freaky, though. Can't compare to the four above her. She deserves to stay, but will probably get cut.

6. Mercedes
Cute as hell, but weak voice and too young still, I think. Should model or do commercials instead. She should and will get cut.

7. Lauren
Too Jean-Benet-plastic for me. Plus, her voice was weak and her presence stiff. How did she even get this far? Should and will get cut.

THE BOYS

1. Quinton
I certainly wouldn't call him 'bad' like Rikker does above. Sure, his voice has issues, but I think the rough stuff you hear in his voice is because it's making one of the many shifts a boy's voice makes. Beyond that, his presence is good and he moves well. (And he's better all-around than Chauncey, who made it through last week.)Should and probably will barely squeak by to the next round.

2. Brennan
I could see him in this group, he's certainly cute enough, and his voice would blend well with others. He seemed a little timid on stage, though, and he doesn't really have a strong solo voice yet. I'd be worried he couldn't take the pressure. Should and will probably get cut.

3. Canyon
Canyon was stiff, nervous, unfocused, and had a weak voice. Plus, with his wierd hair and too-far-apart eyes, he's really not the teen-idol they seem to be making him out to be. How did he get this far? Should get cut. Might make it due to the hype, but he'll never make it into the group on what we've seen so far.

OVERALL
1. Lucy
2. Tori
3. Chantel
4. Taylor
5. Quinton

6. Brennan
7. Jordan
8. Mercedes
9. Canyon
10. Lauren

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-26-03, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: American Juniors 6-24"
On Canyon, When the comparison was made to Leif Garret I thought to myself, oh my gosh, they are so right, a young LG. And he is. Give him a couple of more years and he may even sound like him. I am afraid that they just might keep him and don't think he is ready yet.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-03, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: American Juniors 6-24"
Last night was the only time I've watched this show and then only for the first few minutes when they sang as a group. But when Canyon came on I did think, "boy, he looks like a baby Leif Garrett". Hadn't even heard of all the hype.
Not having watched any of the individual performances I am going out on a limb here, but I'd say he'll surf along on his cuteness.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-25-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Juniors 6-24"
I think American and AIJ should either take both Thompson girls or neither. Can you imagine if one does not make it how it will effect her the rest of her life.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

Gigglebush 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-25-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gigglebush Click to send private message to Gigglebush Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Juniors 6-24"
WOW...if Tori and Taylor don't both get in, the whole thing is fixed.

Chantel was awesome as well...and honorable mention to Jordan.

As for the rest...buh-bye.

I can't believe Nick Carter said to push Canyon through as the "heart-throb".

That's what happened last week when Justin said to push "Chauncey" through as the "soft" one in the group. He had no right being there (and especially not with the highest votes...somethings up there..hmmm?)

It's too bad "Grace" was not singing in the 2nd group. She was clearly better than many of the kids last night.

It's unfortunate she went up against the other group. In myhumble opinion, the only ones that deserve to advance from last night are Taylor, Tori, and Chantel.

If I had to pick 5, I suppose Jordan would be my next choice and I would bring back "Grace" from group one.

Lucy has been awesome up to this point, but I felt she was lacking and looked a bit under-confident (as well as missing some notes).

And let me just add that ALL of the kids in both groups have been wonderful to watch. Although some may never have a career in singing, I think they will all end up in the entertainment field somewhere. It takes a lot of guts and confidence to get out there in front of so many people and perform.

Good for you guys and thanks for the fun!!

06-25-03, 07:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: American Juniors 6-24"
yeah, i have no clue how chauncey got the highest votes while the one i voted for the most, grace leer didnt even make it. if canyon gets the most votes tonight, this could show to be as rigged as AI (come on...Carmen & Trenyce making it as far as they did? please.) i voted like crazy for chantel so hopefully it worked.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •