The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"the chart - fewer choices and still working"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Maraarotu 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-18-02, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maraarotu Click to send private message to Maraarotu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"the chart - fewer choices and still working"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-02 AT 08:23 PM (EST)

First off - this contains info about episode 8 so do not look if you have not yet seen the show.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3cbf7e8206c8341c

And before I hear any grief - this is a new thread because I cannot edit the old chart - time has expired.

The chart continues to be accurate but we now can say that Neleh cannot win and Sean cannot be the next boot.

Therefore, someone near the top looks like they re going next.(tammy or robert)

** please read "explanation" below **

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: the chart - fewer choices and s... MandyM 04-18-02 1
 RE: the chart - fewer choices and s... I_AM_HE 04-18-02 2
 I still don't get this JohnMc 04-19-02 3
 explanation Maraarotu 04-19-02 4
 RE: the chart - fewer choices and s... dangerkitty 04-19-02 5
   RE: the chart - fewer choices and s... Maraarotu 04-19-02 6
 I'm beginning to wonder... RocketGirl7 04-19-02 7
   RE: I'm beginning to wonder... Maraarotu 04-19-02 8
       RE: I'm beginning to wonder... danderoo 04-19-02 9
           RE: I'm beginning to wonder... Maraarotu 04-19-02 10
       how bout... shakes the clown 04-19-02 11
           RE: how bout... Maraarotu 04-19-02 12
               RE: how bout... shakes the clown 04-19-02 13
                   RE: how bout... Maraarotu 04-19-02 14
                   RE: how bout... George Tirebiter 04-19-02 15
                       RE: how bout... Maraarotu 04-19-02 16
                       RE: how bout... TechNoir 04-19-02 17
                           RE: how bout... Maraarotu 04-19-02 19
                               RE: how bout... dangerkitty 04-19-02 21
                       RE: how bout... RocketGirl7 04-19-02 18
               RE: how bout... SurvivinDawg 04-19-02 20
                   RE: how bout... Maraarotu 04-19-02 23
 Well it was a harmless until now... IceCat 04-19-02 22
   RE: Well it was a harmless until no... Maraarotu 04-19-02 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-18-02, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: the chart - fewer choices and still working"
Wow! You are so astute in your observations! Are you sure you are not clairvoyant? Thank you for doing this Maraarotu, you are a true spoiler!

;)

MM "Bed is like the womb, only drier and with better TV reception." - Linda Richman.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-18-02, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: the chart - fewer choices and still working"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-02 AT 10:38 PM (EST)

there are dozens of combinations that could still work when you throw out the odd->even pairings. this is way too open-ended, imho

for instance: Tammy, Robert, Sean, Vee, Neleh, Paschal, Kathy, Zoe (which I would not be at all surprised to see btw)

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-19-02, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I still don't get this"
So is this supposed to predict bootees and the winner? Or does this just show us who does NOT go?

I've held my tongue long enough on this one. I do appreciate the efforts, but as a bootee prediction spoiler this has not been consistent at all.

04-19-02, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maraarotu Click to send private message to Maraarotu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "explanation"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3cc0ac1f7e1817c0

this will give you all the possible options for 9,10,11,12

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-19-02, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: the chart - fewer choices and still boring"
Since this is at the top right now anyway I'll reply...

Hey, I think I finally get it!

Next week, it's either Robert, Tammy, Kathy, Neleh, Paschal, Vee, or Zoe.

If it's Robert, Tammy, Kathy, Neleh, Paschal, Vee, or Zoe next week, then it's Kathy, Neleh, Sean, Tammy, Zoe, Neleh, Paschal, or Vee the week after that.

If it's Neleh, Zoe, Vee, Paschal, Kathy, Tammy, Sean, or Robert after that, then the next week it's Sean, Neleh, Kathy, Tammy, Vee, Zoe, Robert, or Paschal the next time.

Then that week, if it was Vee, Kathy, Sean, Tammy, Robert, Paschal, Zoe, or Sean, the following week it will be Paschal, Robert, Vee, Zoe, Tammy, Neleh, Kathy, or Sean.

And so on!

I'm so glad I figured it out, this is way more interesting than, I dunno, logic and character development and intrigue and spoilers and actually watching the show.

04-19-02, 08:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: the chart - fewer choices and still boring"
thanks for the sarcastic wit - but it proves that NELEH can't win and SEAN can't be booted next and ........... well thats more information than you are offering now isn't it?

RocketGirl7 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-19-02, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RocketGirl7 Click to send private message to RocketGirl7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I'm beginning to wonder..."
I've been one of the few who is really curious about this chart, but I'm beginning to wonder now.

With 8 boots left to occur (4 pairs) I calculate that there are 252 possible combinations for how this could play out. Even when there are only 4 people left in the game there will be 6 possible boot orders that adhere to Maraarotu's theory. This seems like too many possibilities to be of any spoiler value.

It also seems to me that this theory is ignoring half the data. It takes into account that boot 9 must be above 10 and that boot 11 must be below boot 12 but it fails to take into account the relationship between boots 10 and 11, 12 and 13, etc. These other pairings were also following the same pattern up until boot 8. Boot 8 however does not follow this pattern and makes me highly distrust this theory.

Don't get me wrong... I love this number stuff (otherwise why would I be spending so much time on it?!), but I think there are a lot of flaws in this and I wanted to point them out.

~~~

For the brave and curious who want to know how I came up with my numbers:
Well, I started with the case of if you have two boots left. In that case there is only one possible boot order since one of the two must be below the other one.

The next step is to take the case of if you have 4 boots left. There are 6 possibilities for how the first two boots can be ordered (count them for yourself... it's rather hard to type out!) Then you have two spots left which I already determined has only one possible order. So with 4 people left there are 6*1=6 possible orders.

Now do the same thing for 6 people left. The first two people have 15 possible ways to fit into those six spots. (Again, you can count them up.) Then there are 4 spots left and we determined above that there are 6 possible ways to order the boots with 4 people left. Therefore there are 15*6*1 possible boot orders with 6 people left.

If I continue this pattern I get 28 possible orderings of the first two people if there are 8 spots left. So the total possible boot orders is 28*15*6*1=252.

04-19-02, 08:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: I'm beginning to wonder..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-02 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

that is way too many possibilities.

please read the "explanation" post - there are only certain possibilities for each episode

what this has confirmed (and to be honest - this is just speculation) - is that Neleh can't win and Sean cannot be the next boot; now please tell me that anyone would've figured that Sean would be around for the next episode as well?

danderoo 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-19-02, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail danderoo Click to send private message to danderoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I'm beginning to wonder..."
I continue to be amazed at the amount of time that some of you put in trying your darnedest to spoil some information out of any clue that may be out there.

Forgive me if I am being obtuse, but didn't the last "chart" predict Sean as being booted last night?

I'm sorry but I see no value in this speculation and can't waste anymore time on these thresda. (Hey S-dawg, if you spell thread as thresd, does that mean you spell threads as thresda?)

04-19-02, 09:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I'm beginning to wonder..."
***sigh***

it couldve been anyone above rob last week

sean was just one choice - the chart does not predict anything - it just limits the choices

perhaps if i didn't put in an optional boot - it would seem more logical?

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-19-02, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "how bout..."

>now please tell me that
>anyone would've figured that Sean
>would be around for the
>next episode as well?

....how bout everybody who's been following the SNewser Sean spoilers all season.

04-19-02, 09:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: how bout..."
the last vote:

This is post #136 summarizing 128 votes, 4 tallies, 2 vote changes, and 1 blatant rules violation by Shakes.

John........54
Sean.......35
Kathy......30
Neleh........3
Zoe..........2
Robert.......1
Paschal.....1
Tammy......1
Vee..........1

seems like several thought sean would go

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-19-02, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: how bout..."
>John........54
>Sean.......35
>Kathy......30
>Neleh........3
>Zoe..........2
>Robert.......1
>Paschal.....1
>Tammy......1
>Vee..........1
>
>
>seems like several thought sean would
>go

...yeah, and over 90 thought he would stay....does that qualify as "anyone"?

WORST. THREAD. EVER

04-19-02, 10:32 PM (EST)
14. "RE: how bout..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-02 AT 10:32 PM (EST)

i meant that many people thought he was going. don't be so sensitive or did the "blatant rules violation" that you chose not to add in your remarks twist you the wrong way?

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-19-02, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: how bout..."
. . . someone sends this nimrod packing? He's been trying to palm off this lameass thing on who-knows-how-many other Survivor sites, and THEY'VE had the sense to tar and feather him mercilessly! (For those of you registered at surviiivor, check out the eerily-familiar "The Chart is Working!" thread there. For those of you who can't get in, here's a taste of the fun they're having at his expense:

Strayt_NoChaser
Posted on 4/19, 10:32 AM
Re: The Chart is working - NEW

DP, Why are you being so rude to this Fine Young Man? He's a flow charting phenom.

And besides, I think his "change it every week so that it looks closer to what happened than it did before I changed it" strategy is amazing.

I have been using a similiar methods to achieve the same results and it's been working like a Beauty.

Here's what I have been doing:

I put up a post right before the episode saying who will win the RC and the IC. Then I give details on who will get booted and why.

I am never even close to right , Buuuuutttt... (here's the clever part) I go back the next day and edit my post putting in the actual events that did happen. Then I direct everyone to my freshly edited post and tell them to take note of how I got everything right.

Isn't that genius?

So quit picking on FlowChart Boy.

He's doing just fine.

Or this one:

My Foolproof chart -- Everyone can play! Try this at Home!

Here are the steps that will allow you to pick the winner.

1. Create a new spreadsheet in Excel.

2. Type in the names of the Survivors, in credits order.

4. a Make each cell a different colour. If you're American, please skip this step and do step 4. b instead

4. b Make each cell a different color. (Canadians please omit this step)

5. Cut and paste the names of the people already gone into another column

6. Click on that little A/Z with arrow button on the toolbar -- don't skip this step as this is the part that makes it work. You're not just typing, you're using computer analysis!

7. Each week, as a new person is voted off, repeat steps three and four.

This method is 100% guaranteed to pick the winner. Sure, folks may laugh at you now, call you an idiot with no understanding of statistical analysis and forecasting, but who'll be laughing last and loudest? It sure won't be that mean old Chrispco.

(He'll have died laughing by week nine. My computer told me so)

(This post was edited by Newbie on 4/19, 12:11 PM)

Oddly enough, it wasn't until they started talking about beating the snot out of him that he finally deleted his "arguments" and slunk off.

I'm curious to know if he's been spotted anywhere else, whoring it up with this pathetic excuse for statistics. Shouldn't be hard to recognize, no matter HOW many IDs he uses to post/bump these attention-grabbers!

Of course, although I wasn't sure I was crazy about it the first time I saw it, I think IceCat had the best approach of all:

>WORST. THREAD. EVER
(I KNEW you couldn't resist your adoring public, Bozo! )

Whaddya say if this sad excuse for a "theory" persists, we have someone start a vote thread to decide if it belongs here? All in keeping with the freewheeling fun we've been treated to here this season, mind you. . .

Dang. Could I have finally said my piece about all this?

GT

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer here.

04-19-02, 11:09 PM (EST)
16. "RE: how bout..."
and you're offering...............

oh ya - nothing!!!

there you go pillowbiter

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-02, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: how bout..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-02 AT 11:17 PM (EST)

WOOT !! We can beat the snot out of him? I didn't know.

Hrm .. now I have to decide whether to start a vote thread to decide if it belongs here or one to decide to beat the snot out of him. Life keeps presenting these difficult decisions.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

Edited to add: I guess he told you Tirebiter. I guess he'll be telling me next. There must be great satisfaction to be gained from that auto-bumping stuff. And methinks GT hasn't said it all yet. Gotta go chortle about Robert Blake now.

04-19-02, 11:18 PM (EST)
19. "RE: how bout..."
are you 3 in some kinda homosexual love triangle or something - man leave me alone - let this thing play out. sit back relax and have a beer or a shanty (whatever you 3 drink)

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-19-02, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: how bout..."
Oooh TechNoir, you were right, he sure did tell you! Yeah, go have a beer, nyah nyah!

Anyone with the maturity level to do this kind of sophisticated taunting is surely a mathematical genius.

Listen closely: This crap is not useful, no matter how much you want to pat yourself on the back about your brilliant deductions from an excess of possibilities. You are obnoxious. Drop it.

RocketGirl7 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-19-02, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RocketGirl7 Click to send private message to RocketGirl7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: how bout..."
THANK YOU! I needed a good laugh... It was fun while it lasted Maraarotu, but I'm getting rather sick of your rudeness. Bye now!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-02, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: how bout..."
seems like several thought sean would go

Yes, but let's compare their records to those who DIDN'T think Sean would go.

I believe shakestheclown is 7-1, as is myself. Outfrontgirl and a few others are 8-0.

I did not quite catch your voting record in that message, maraarotu.

I also believe ABT is 8-0 and SNews is 8-0, as well. I'll take SNews over your bingo charts any day.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-19-02, 11:44 PM (EST)
23. "RE: how bout..."
sorry, seems like 35 people thought sean may go.

Remember you heard it here first - Neleh cannot win!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-02, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Well it was a harmless until now..."
Quoting Maraarotu

'are you 3 in some kinda homosexual love triangle or something'

My Input

Posting somewhat nonsensical pseudo mathematical ramblings is one thing. Homophobic references are another.

Locking this thread and referring your case to Webby for consideration as our next possible 'bootee'.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

04-19-02, 11:45 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Well it was a harmless until now..."
homophobic - lol - i'm gay!!!!!!

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •