The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-08, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on Finale"
This was actually the first AI finale I have watched, especially straight through. Usually Lost was on against it and just peeked to see who won.

I must say for a results show this was pretty entertaining. I confess I liked it. However, I am suprised that they had all those guests. For a show trying to show how current it is there really was not much there other than the Jonas Brothers(who I admit I lvoe). All the artists were past their hey day and while they had new albums/tours coming out just did not seem to appeal to AI's target.

Things I liked:
Most performances, even the group songs.

Things I hated:
Carly- She still sounds like nails on a chalkboard and looks smug.
David H- still irritates me
Going to Idol hometowns

Standouts:
Loved George Micheal but he seems very "worn".
The Jonas Brothers
Seal
Sanjaya
David Cooks reaction to winning
The fact that I truly was suprised and pleased with who one for the first time.

Biggest plus or biggest minus?
There was more music in those 2 hours than the entire season.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on Finale samboohoo 05-22-08 1
   RE: Thoughts on Finale Snidget 05-22-08 3
 RE: Thoughts on Finale Snidget 05-22-08 2
   RE: Thoughts on Finale JessicaRN 05-22-08 4
   RE: Thoughts on Finale CTgirl 05-22-08 6
       RE: Thoughts on Finale memzoo48 05-22-08 20
           RE: Thoughts on Finale aquariaqueen 05-22-08 28
       Jordin's outfit! moonbaby 05-22-08 37
 I forgot samboohoo 05-22-08 5
   RE: I forgot memzoo48 05-22-08 27
 RE: Thoughts on Finale KeithFan 05-22-08 7
   RE: Thoughts on Finale Snidget 05-22-08 8
       RE: Thoughts on Finale KeithFan 05-22-08 10
   RE: Amanda mindy23 05-22-08 29
       RE: Amanda memzoo48 05-22-08 38
   RE: Thoughts on Finale DoodleBug 05-22-08 40
 RE: Thoughts on Finale Magnolia_Rocker 05-22-08 9
   RE: Thoughts on Finale KeithFan 05-22-08 11
   RE: Thoughts on Finale emydi 05-22-08 14
       RE: Thoughts on Finale KeithFan 05-22-08 16
       RE: Thoughts on Finale Magnolia_Rocker 05-22-08 17
 This lady was not happy KeithFan 05-22-08 12
   RE: This lady was not happy emydi 05-22-08 15
       RE: This lady was not happy agman 05-22-08 43
   RE: This lady was not happy Magnolia_Rocker 05-22-08 19
   RE: This lady was not happy litprincess121899 05-22-08 36
       RE: This lady was not happy KeithFan 05-22-08 45
   RE: This lady was not happy agman 05-22-08 42
 RE: Thoughts on Finale geekboy 05-22-08 13
   RE: Thoughts on Finale emydi 05-22-08 18
   RE: Thoughts on Finale DoodleBug 05-22-08 41
 RE: Thoughts on Finale Glow 05-22-08 21
   RE: Thoughts on Finale Magnolia_Rocker 05-22-08 22
       RE: Thoughts on Finale Glow 05-22-08 24
           RE: Thoughts on Finale Magnolia_Rocker 05-22-08 26
           RE: Thoughts on Finale nailbone 05-22-08 39
               RE: Thoughts on Finale Glow 05-22-08 44
   RE: Thoughts on Finale zombiebaby 05-22-08 23
       RE: Thoughts on Finale Glow 05-22-08 25
   RE: Thoughts on Finale CattyChat 05-22-08 31
       RE: Thoughts on Finale Glow 05-22-08 34
   RE: Thoughts on Finale Glow 05-23-08 46
 RE: Thoughts on Finale CattyChat 05-22-08 30
   RE: Thoughts on Finale Wiggle 05-22-08 32
   RE: Thoughts on Finale Glow 05-22-08 33
 RE: Thoughts on Finale litprincess121899 05-22-08 35
 RE: Thoughts on Finale ninjaprincess 05-23-08 47
   RE: Thoughts on Finale iltarion 05-24-08 48
       RE: Thoughts on Finale citywitch 05-24-08 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
I have watched much of the season through Tivo. I did not watch last night because I have never been able to handle two hours of bunk for absolutely nothing.

Before leaving this morning, I went down to see who had won. The only thing I heard was David Cook. At least the Tivo got that in. I think it's absurd (great show or not) that they can't wrap it up in two hours. Not just because I missed it, but really, it's just absurd.

At least I got to watch the reaction on Youtube.

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
That has always been a problem with Idol's live shows.

They really don't seem to feel any need to wrap up on time. They always run a bit long.

05-22-08, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
I've watched all the Finale's since Season 2.
They tried to make me go to rehab
I said no, no, no.

I think this is my favorite. Yep, the group sings are still cheesy, but they weren't as bad as they usually are. The guest stars seemed to work with the show as a whole much better than usual, for me.

I found it interesting how well the songs the Davids sang ended up showing the difference between them (versatility and performance vs technical perfection on the right type of song).

I don't think they planned to make the winner look that good compared to the runner up, but that is what it did for me.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-22-08, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-08 AT 08:58 AM (EST)

I woke up this morning still smiling over which of the Davids won.

I also woke up amazed at how much I enjoyed the finale and how little of the actual show I fast forwarded through.

I had my recording set to end at 3 minutes after, which I thought was being generous, but still not enough. There is no reason that they cannot make the show end on time.

ETA: I just watched the last 8 minutes on YouTube and it made me cry. I liked the song last night so much better than the night before and he just seems like such a genuine person. I am excited to see what the next year brings for him.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-08 AT 08:55 AM (EST)

I don't think they planned to make the winner look that good compared to the runner up, but that is what it did for me.

I thought the same thing, and the funny thing about it is that it was all planned days/weeks ago before they knew who would win!

I loved this finale, most of the group songs, ZZ Top, Graham Nash, Gladys Knight...(but the Mike Myers promotion was worse than the boxing stuff the first night and the marching band was too cheesy for me). I might've enjoyed Jordin's song more if she'd worn a more flattering outfit, we fast forwarded through that.

David Cook made the finale. He's developed into a great performer along with being a good singer. My favorite winner by far!a

ETA: We started watching around 8:45 so we had some catch up to do by the end. I didn't trust AI to end on time so ffed through Carrie and George Michael and went live (we went back after to watch them). Thank cod we did. I would've been ticked if the DVR went off right after they announced David Cook winning. His reaction and singing was one of the best parts of the show.

Springtime frolic by Tribe

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-22-08, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
That's exactly what happened to me! Frickin' DVR skipped to another channel (Top Chef) right after the announcement. Thank Cod for youtube.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-22-08, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
At least you have good taste setting your TIVO for Top Chef!

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Jordin's outfit!"
Heidi gone glam. A crazy sort of look going on there and a horrible choice for such a pretty girl.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I forgot"
This wasn't really part of last night's finale, but since I think Simon mentioned it, it counts.

I hated "Imagine." Absolutely hated it. Blake Lewis did it well. Archie sucked.

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

05-22-08, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I forgot"
Seriously? If I want to hear "Imagine," I'll listen to John Lennon singing it.

If I want to hear "Hello" or "Billie Jean"? I'll listen to COOKIE!!!!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
A couple of things that stood out for me.

David Cook looked really good up there with ZZ Top. You can tell his talent was shining through, specifically as a front man, and it was showcased last night.

Archie seemed almost hidden. The duet with Cook was nice, but overall I don't think they knew what to do with him.

Amanda. Did anyone else get the vibe that she was only about half there? To me, she looked like someone who accidentally doubled (or tripled) up on their Valium. She certainly looked glazed to me, and she was the biggest disappointment (compared to the regular season) for me.

David Hernandez. Gosh, I had already forgot about him.

Brooke. The duet was really nice, but for God's sake avoid disco in the future. And dancing too, for that matter.

Michael. SHOULD have been a Cook v. Johns finale. That would have been a good one. Pro.

It was nice seeing the SYTYCD dancers, specifically it was nice seeing the lovely Lauren in good form.

Profoundly ignorant since 2008

05-22-08, 09:03 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
I got the vibe from her during the semi-finals that she just wasn't fitting in with the AI way of doing things.

I'm not that surprised she "phoned it in" for the finale.

I would have liked to see a bit of what made me like her, but I'm not surprised with her being in a mode of doing just enough to get by, but not being willing to put any additional effort into it.

05-22-08, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Yeah, I think that having her in the Donna Summer number was like putting a pig in a dress, for lack of better words, and just seemed way out of place. I liked her too. However, I think that if she is planning on pursuing the singing at all she needed to suck it up and put it out there, and that didn't happen.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-22-08, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Amanda"
I guess I have to 'get it' that this biker chick just DOES NOT wear dresses no where, no how! LOL! But, wow! Was she ever out of the zone last night!!

She looked more stoned than any season that Paula has been crushed by the public for being out of it. I think any chance this girl even thought of a career will be completely and utterlly OVER now!

I mean, I wasn't expecting her to be disco'ing around-how stupid was that?? But I couldn't even understand a word she was 'singing' and the looks on her comrades' faces said it all! They looked absolutely horrified that they even had to be on the stage with her.......she is a wreck. Sad, but things happen, girly. Get over yourself, and get some help! As far as I'm concerned she was a total one note to begin with, and if this is where the cast-off's go, I don't want to know about it...sad!!

05-22-08, 12:49 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Amanda"
I agree. I posted on the spoiler thread last night that she looked high. Waaaaay higher than Jason has ever looked! (FWIW, I don't think Jason was ever high on AI, I think he's just laid back and goofy-cool.) Anyway, I still think Amanda should go to Vegas and do a Joplin revue. Definitely a one-note "talent."

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
A DC and MJ finale would have been.....HARD! I think I still would have voted for DC. Hmmmmm.

Thank goodness Amanda will NOT be on the tour. That would have certainly hurt sales....

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-22-08, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-08 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

Surprisingly I really enjoyed most of last night's show. Of course Cookie winning probably spiked my enjoyment.

Fast Forwarded through: Jordin Sparks (ugh), Jonas Brothers (sorry, I have no hidden tween inside me)

Rewound: ZZ Top and Cookie (How cute were the ZZ Top guys!!! - as in they looked liked they really enjoyed being there), Seal and Syesha (Still love me some Seal)

Everything else I watched once through.

Observations:
- Wow, George Michael looked like they dug him up from the grave moments before he stepped on stage. Dude is not looking good.
- The Gladys Knight and the Pips segment was cute. Jack Black is officially on my "Celebs I Would Love To Hang Out With" list.
- The Mike Myers segment was cheesy.
- I still hate the guest spots of the "worst of the worst" from auditions. Thank Dog they didn't do the worst awards this year.
- Giggled like a school girl every time I saw a SYTYCD promo. So pumped for tonight!!!
- Teared up myself when Cookie lost it after his Mom and Bro came on stage.
- Disappointed that they only panned to Archie's Dad for a split second after Cookie's winning announcement.

My future Rockers!

05-22-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Giggled like a school girl every time I saw a SYTYCD promo. So pumped for tonight!!!

Heck, I even giggled so! Too bad I have to wait until after the news to watch it because I have to work!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Will this clip do mags?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-vH7sfQtOw

tee hee

05-22-08, 09:42 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Great (and evil) minds think alike!

|
|
V

05-22-08, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Well that just made my day Emy. Hee!

My future Rockers!

05-22-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
12. "This lady was not happy"
Ok, I was searching for the very end on youtube since my DVR shut down exactly at 9 after Cook was declared the winner.

This reaction is kind of funny, but there is some swearing, and the video isn't very good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nvY-Rb7Okc

hehehe

05-22-08, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: This lady was not happy"
that is a hehehehe!

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: This lady was not happy"
hehehehe...chortle...hehehehe...big grin....hehehehe bwhahahahaha

sculpted by Tribe

05-22-08, 09:46 AM (EST)
19. "RE: This lady was not happy"
ROFLMAO. It really amazes me how "into" the show some people get. Even when my Bo lost and Daughtry got kicked too soon I didn't have this kind of reaction and I dearly love both of those guys. Too funny!!!!

My future Rockers!

litprincess121899 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-22-08, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail litprincess121899 Click to send private message to litprincess121899 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: This lady was not happy"
The same thing happened to me

So I was recording it on my DVR so I could just fastforward to the end. I watched a DVD of 27 dresses while it was on. I went to the end ot the finale and I kid you not, Seacrest says your new american idol is David . . . and my dvr pops up that it was done and did I want to keep or delete program. My husband who hasn't watched all season, watched the first half of the finale before I put the DVD in. He was all excited that Bryan Adams was on there. He wanted to fast-forward to the end. When it cut off, my laid back husband who never spazzes out throws the remote control. So I had to wait until this morning to find out who won!

05-22-08, 07:25 PM (EST)
45. "RE: This lady was not happy"
At least mine went "David........Cook!" Hug. Then keep or delete.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: This lady was not happy"
ROTFLMAO.............I love it.....I hate to think of how she will react in a real emergency!!!!!

sculpted by Tribe

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-22-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
All i have to say is

THANK YOU AMERICA FOR GETTING IT RIGHT!

A 12 point margin of winning. Even i thought it would be very close, but this, Simon, was the true 'knock-out punch'.

This is exactly what Idol needed to continue on without continuing its slide. No disrespect to Archie, but Cook will outsell you and Idol needs that from the winner for once. I suspect David will follow on the path of Kelly, Carrie, and Daughtry and show that true talent and success can come out of Idol.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

05-22-08, 09:45 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
I knew he won after Simon did his apology spiel....

That last song was suprisingly good as far as idol drek songs go, still not his genre tho but Cookie did it very well. I hope Cookie gets more control over his first CD than Clarkson did...and he doesn't end up putting out the same stuff as Daughtry did in his first CD...I'm sorry gals...it's okay but it's too cookie cutter "alt rock" for me to say it's great

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
I second that opinion. I will do my share in contributing to the cause that is David Cook.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Guru stuff was stupid. ffed through it.

UO#1 - Cook was awful with ZZTop.
UO#2 - LOVED Archuleta with OneRepublic. I absolutely love that song though so there may be a bias.

I missed the Guitar Hero commercials. I suppose I can try to find them somewhere in the two-hour show that I've left on my DVR. I have no desire to see either of them in their underwear. *shudder*

Michael Johns is amazing and wonderful and has (easily) become my favorite and the best (IMO) contestant ever on this show. All seven seasons. Numero Uno. He wows me all.the.time. The group sings have badly missed his perfection.

Who told Carly screaming is better than singing? She has a lovely singing voice... to bad she keeps screaming instead. Michael has said he would like to duet with Brooke. That? I'd like to see.

Brooke and Graham Nash were wonderful. She's beautiful.

Jason is so cute. He makes me laugh. The group song where he was just walking around on stage at the end and then rushed into the pointy pose was hilarious.

I am officially in love with Robert Downey Jr. again for the first time since Less Than Zero. He was perfect as Iron Man (which we went to see last night) and I loved seeing him twice in one night. Jack Black cracks me up. Ben Stiller I can do without.

Excuse the cradle robber in me, but that middle Jonas Brother? With the tambourine? is gorgeous adorable.

Blake won me back a little bit with singing along to Jordin's song. That was sweet.

Bo! Bo! Bo!

05-22-08, 10:04 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
I love how differently people can view the same things...

I'm totally opposite your UO#1 and UO#2. I thought One Repbulic sounded awful live last night, and I lurv that song.

My future Rockers!

05-22-08, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
You love David Cook. I only like him. Howard Stern played a clip of it this morning and wow! it sounded so much worse on radio than it did on television. But. If Michael was up there with them? I'd have loved it, I'm sure. But that's because if he was, it would have been better. In my most humble opinion, of course.

I've heard Apologize live a bunch. I think they're great and I always like live... without pitch perfector. Archuleta coming in soft was great for me. It was quite stunning... for me.

People who seem to have the same taste can differ greatly on certain "artists". A lot of Ryan's fans kept saying they LOVE Cook for the same reasons they love Ryan. That will never stop making me go "huh?!?! what???? how?" To me? Well. I see them as hugely different. But that's just me.

05-22-08, 10:38 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Yep, that was my point and what makes the world great! People that can love the same artists can be total opposites on others and that?....is a great thing.

My future Rockers!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
People who seem to have the same taste can differ greatly on certain "artists".

Nah, you're just cracked.

05-22-08, 03:44 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Whatever! *kick*

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Ditto on the Robert Downey Jr. love!

05-22-08, 10:32 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"

*purr*

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-22-08, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
UO#1 - Cook was awful with ZZTop.

I agree. It was great seeing ZZ Top, but I was like WTH? Wasn't really Cook's style of rock.

Since Michael Johns wasn't in the finals, I really didn't care which of the Davids won and I didn't vote. I believe both have a chance at great success.

Little David has a beautiful voice and is adorable. He'll make a great role model for young kids and I can see him maturing well and expanding his talents.

David Cook is talented and while he never wowed me, I can't deny he has some talent. I'll wait and pass judgment when his first CD comes out and see whether I am interested in buying. He may have better stage presence than little David, but for me he seriously lacked in the charisma department.

Michael Johns is amazing and wonderful and has (easily) become my favorite and the best (IMO) contestant ever on this show. All seven seasons. Numero Uno. He wows me all.the.time. The group sings have badly missed his perfection.

This can't be said enough. Thanks, Glowie. Most robbed contestant ever!!

Michael has said he would like to duet with Brooke.

Ooh, I hope this is true. My top 2 faves this season singing together? H.E.A.V.E.N.

Jason is so cute. He makes me laugh. The group song where he was just walking around on stage at the end and then rushed into the pointy pose was hilarious.

Also, can't be said enough. Jason was a breath of fresh air to the competition. He lasted a bit too long, but I'm glad he was there.

I am officially in love with Robert Downey Jr. again for the first time since Less Than Zero. He was perfect as Iron Man (which we went to see last night) and I loved seeing him twice in one night.

I never fell out of love with Downey. He is an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. actor and a pretty great singer, as well. I kept my hope that he would pull through all his drug problems, because he was just too talented to lose. Chaplin is still one of my favorite roles he has done, but I enjoy him in every character he has played. Best thing on Alley McBeal, for the short time he was on, too. I cannot wait to see Iron Man. The first movie I can remember seeing him in was Weird Science.

I am Tribey's Most Bless-Ed Loser of Them All! -

05-22-08, 11:57 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
He may have better stage presence than little David, but for me he seriously lacked in the charisma department.

Yep. Seriously. Nail.on.the.head.

Ooh, I hope this is true. My top 2 faves this season singing together? H.E.A.V.E.N.

Leather and Lace was mentioned. *swoooooooooon* I fall off my chair just thinking about it. *thwump*
"You in the moonlight with your sleepy eyes could you ever love a man like me" *CHILLS* *MELT*
*thwump*

siggy sweetly donated by agman

05-23-08, 08:15 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"

from Castrocopia:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t117/cowboyhd/AI7/Ani/CHD-AI7-0011a.swf

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-22-08, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Before I read everyone's posts . . . my fave moments:

LOVED - LOVED - LOVED
Anytime Michael Johns was on the stage singing.
Brooke's Duet -- Amazing
Jason's Hallejujah -- The Jason I Love

ZZ Top was pretty cool, too. Seal was great.

Way too much filler. Shocking!

- I am Bootay "EE" Master of Micronesia!!

Wiggle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-22-08, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wiggle Click to send private message to Wiggle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
George Michael - scary. Those nails. Those sunglasses.

David A with OneRepublic showed just how good his voice is -- way better than the lead singer's. Unfortunately, all his interaction with David C/Ryan Seacrest, and seeing the David's in the guitar hero ads proved that the kid has no charisma and no talent beyond the singing. He is so awkward and inarticulate, and this is after years in the business - it's not just lack of maturity.

David Cook on the other hand has a natural stage presence and quiet charm, and knows how to not take himself seriously.

Conspiracy theorists -- they let these shows run late to confound TiVo users -- too much lost ad revenue. It's late on the West coast too, when it's not live so time could have been made up. Pre-recorded network shows often run late now too.

05-22-08, 11:51 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Ack! I forgot to add Seal to my list! Yes. Seal. Yes.

litprincess121899 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-22-08, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail litprincess121899 Click to send private message to litprincess121899 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-08 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

sorry double post

ninjaprincess 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-23-08, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ninjaprincess Click to send private message to ninjaprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
I definately thought that the 12 million point difference was the craziest part of the night. That's just....crazy!

The Bryan Adams medley was my second favourite part of the night. I loooooooooooooove Bryan Adams!

I'm glad that Cook won. He totally deserved it!

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-24-08, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-08 AT 03:32 AM (EST)

Very happy Cook won, though I agree with some others in my primary fan-dom. I pretty much stopped watching the show once Michael Johns was voted off. I did watch the finale though, and it was WAY better than last season's. Much better job this time around.

Best things-

#1- George Michael singing "Praying for Time" - I seem to be in the minority here, but A) it was amazing to just see GM again, and B) that song is fricking incredible. You combine those two things with the gravitas the production crew put into it and like Paula, I was actually coming to tears. Greatest AI moment since Mary Blige sang "One Love" with Elliot. You could tell GM was under the weather, but he still did a great job. His illness and his gaunt appearance actually added to the impact of the song.
#2 - Michael Johns and Carly singing "My Baby Wrote Me a Letter." Amazingly, I think putting them together was genius. I loved it. And this is the best version of that song I have ever heard. Way better than the burned-out original by The Box Tops.
#3 - Carrie Underwood ........ OMG!!!!!!!!!! Excuse me while I pick my tongue off the floor.
#4 - Brooke's duet with Graham Nash. Perfect for her. I am still trying to figure out how Syesha was the last woman standing. Brooke is a star and completely gorgeous in a down home adorable way.
#5 - ZZ Top with David Cook. I think this was another genius match. It was great seeing ZZ Top again, and the performance once again showed Cook's ease as the front man.
#6 - All the top 6 Men's performances. The men really put the women to shame this time around. Michael Johns especially was sensational, but all the men were into it and showed well. The women were greatly handicapped by the ball-n-chain that was Amanda, of course.

Good things but mixed-

Jason singing "Hallelujah"- This is exactly in Jason's wheelhouse, as we all know, and it was good, again. It is such a short song though. Geez, someone write another verse.
One Republic with David A- Great song. Unlike some people, I actually thought this was an unbalanced performance because the lead singer for One Republic is such a thoroughly superior singer to Archuleta. I thought he, Ryan?, was amazing. This is not Archuleta's strength. He is stronger in the lower register. Too many high notes for him.
Jonas Brothers - Did The Romantics go back in time and lose 30 years? Or was that their kids? Decent song. I don't know why the kids were rocking like they were playing "Ride the Lightning" by Metallica. I was entertained. Just seemed to me like the rocking was disproportional to the actual tempo of the music. Maybe it is all that youthful exuberance, I guess.
Bryan Adams - Again, great to see him. I love all the 80s retro, the greatest decade for music. But I think he got half the stage time that Donna Summers did. I guess because she has a new song coming out? What was up with the Davids singing a duet to "Heaven"? Sorry, that wasn't right.
Seal and Syesha- AGAIN, great to see Seal. Syesha looked ravishing, but what was up her butt? She did not even look to be enjoying herself.
Donna Summers - This woman blows all her generation away. She sounds just as good today as she did in '75. The women didn't help her out with either their mediocre singing or their even far more pathetic dancing.
Jordan - Good song, and she sang great. Looked like an Idol winner.
Gladys Knight and the Pips- nothing need be said.
David n David's opening song. Good. Cook definitely stood out, but once again, it was in his wheelhouse.

FFWD-
Love Guru
Best Worst of- Get rid of it.
Home town BS
Jimmy Kimmel - I'm a poor judge because I FFWD it without listening to any of it.

Delete-
Amanda - They should have axed her from the finale altogether if she was going to act like that. Maybe it wasn't her gig, but there is a little something called "professionalism," honey.

I think that says it all. Peace.

>

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-24-08, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Thoughts on Finale"
Jason singing "Hallelujah"- This is exactly in Jason's wheelhouse, as we all know, and it was good, again. It is such a short song though. Geez, someone write another verse.

Hallelujah is a much longer song written by Leonard Cohen. Listen to Jeff Buckley's cover to hear all the verses. It's a beauty.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •