The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"the pattern"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zeneth18 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-15-02, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zeneth18 Click to send private message to zeneth18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"the pattern"
it looks like a woman will be booted this week.
from peter, patricia, hunter, sarah, gabriel, gina, and rob. who knows? episode 8-woman?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: the pattern MDSkinner 04-15-02 1
 RE: the pattern Kokoro 04-15-02 2
   RE: the pattern Teddy_Bear 04-16-02 6
       hold on a minute, women on the jury... Cathy the Canadian 04-16-02 7
           RE: hold on a minute, women on the ... Bebo 04-16-02 8
 RE: the pattern SurvivinDawg 04-15-02 3
   RE: the pattern MDSkinner 04-15-02 4
       RE: the pattern toddE 04-15-02 5
           RE: the pattern Teddy_Bear 04-17-02 9
 RE: the pattern Chillicrab 04-19-02 10
 The women will be dominant, regardl... alleyb 04-19-02 11
   RE: The women will be dominant, reg... Outfrontgirl 04-19-02 12
       RE: The women will be dominant, reg... Teddy_Bear 04-19-02 13
 RE: the pattern JohnMc 04-19-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-15-02, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: the pattern"
This seems a great deal more like coincidence than it does pattern to me. I do not find any real spoiler value to this, but you never know.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-15-02, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: the pattern"
Who knows? Could be....but that's kinda like saying: "Hmmm since a man won S3, a woman must win S4" (lol this is a very popular theory on the EZboard btw ;)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-16-02, 05:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: the pattern"
Actually, since this will likely be a female dominated jury; it is not beneath the realm of logic for a woman to win. FYI, this pattern has remained consistent in every season, thus far.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-02, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "hold on a minute, women on the jury?"
Why do you say the jury will be mainly women?

That's a little pre-mature!

Personally, except for Pachcal, I think it's the men who will get booted first, and that three women will make it to the final three, namely, Neleah, Tammy, and Kathy.

So there!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: hold on a minute, women on the jury?"
>Why do you say the jury
>will be mainly women?

>That's a little pre-mature!
>
>Personally, except for Pachcal, I think
>it's the men who will
>get booted first, and that
>three women will make it
>to the final three, namely,
>Neleah, Tammy, and Kathy.
>
>So there!

Ummm...people on this thresd are speculating about a pattern that has been observed. If that pattern continues, then the jury will be comprised of 4 women and three men -- a female majority.

Hard to argue with your "so there" statement, but just pointing out that the speculation on this thresd is at least based on something.

S.O.B.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-02, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: the pattern"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-02 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

Although its probably just coincidence, the m/f pattern cannot be overly rejected. Survivor has been very good (bad?) about keeping the genders relatively even. The most disparate I can remember it getting was the 3-1 m/f ratio of the Survivor III final four (Tom, Lex, Ethan, MamaKim). And, notably, MamaKim winning the IC challenge with a little "help" was one of the few times we've suspected something amiss in the, shall we say, "natural order" of the way things would've gone...

However, it easily could get to a 5-3 female "advantage" () if Sean, John or Paschal is voted off (I'd be stunned if the General were voted out). However, I suspect the final four will be 2m/2f.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: the pattern"
>>Although its probably just coincidence, the m/f pattern cannot
>>be overly rejected. Survivor has been very good (bad?) about
>>keeping the genders relatively even. The most disparate I can
>>remember it getting was the 3-1 m/f ratio of the Survivor III
>>final four (Tom, Lex, Ethan, MamaKim). And, notably, MamaKim
>>winning the IC challenge with a little "help" was one of the
>>few times we've suspected something amiss in the, shall we
>>say, "natural order" of the way things would've gone...

Dawg, I completely agree, and in general it does seem like they urge things in one direction or another. I guess, my point here was that I will not personally use this "pattern" in making my decision this week as to who I think will get the boot. Thats just me though, maybe others will.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-15-02, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: the pattern"
I totally agree that while this pattern makes no sense, it's not unreliable. Next to what I read on these boards, that pattern is a major factor in choosing.

04-17-02, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: the pattern"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-02 AT 03:25 AM (EST)

BTW, I don't think there is fixed boot order a.k.a., M/F.

I do think that unless the final 2 are men; the jury will be female dominated (duh!).

If the final 2 are both (unlikely IMHO) women--as Cathy the Canadian, predicts; than my theory, of a woman winning Survivor 4 still holds.

While the mere fact of having the final 2, being M/F--not to mention, a pattern consistant with the 3 past seasons; that does not necessarily guarantee a female winner:

ie., BB2; which was only, because the other contestants found the female finalist so despicable. That is definatly not the case in s4--so far anyway--IMO.

In any case, I don't believe this pattern has any relevance; when it comes to boot order.

*Note: edited, because I incorrectly mentioned Canada Girl (sorry, CG ).

Chillicrab 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-19-02, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chillicrab Click to send private message to Chillicrab Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: the pattern"
> it looks
>like a woman will be
>booted this week.
>from peter, patricia, hunter, sarah, gabriel,
>gina, and rob. who knows?
>episode 8-woman?

Sorry, I'm a little dense. So does the pattern work, with John gone this week?

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-19-02, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "The women will be dominant, regardless"
Just a quick look at the facts--

There are 5 women and 4 men who will make up the jury and the final 2.

If the final 2 are both men, the jury will consist of 5 women and 2 men--the women will dominate the decision, but a man will win.

If the final 2 are a man and a woman, the jury will have 4 women and 3 men, so the women will dominate the decision.

If the final 2 are both women, the jury will be 4 men and 3 women, but they'll have to choose a female winner.

So...either 2 men make it to the final 2 and the women will dominate the decision, 1 man and 1 woman make it to the final 2 (a la the TP reports) and the women dominate the decision, or 2 women make it to the final 2 and the men dominate the decision of which woman should win. Regardless, the final decision will be ruled by the women, unless 2 women make it to the final 2, in which case the men will dominate the decision about which woman will win.

Now that John is booted, it looks unlikely that a 2 man final 2 will come to pass.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-02, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The women will be dominant, regardless"
FWIW:
I'm a little surprised how closely the vote went along gender lines in S2:

Colby____Tina

Nick_______Alicia

Rodger____Lis

__________Jerri

Amber____Keith

were the only two that voted across gender lines, and both had personal issues against the one they didn't support.

(Not bothering with S3, because the vote wasn't close)

04-19-02, 08:24 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The women will be dominant, regardless"
>(Not bothering with S3, because the
>vote wasn't close)

The vote may not have been close at 5-2
; however, the pattern still holds.

When Kim J. was asked if she had pulled a "Colby,"
by choosing Ethan over, Lex;

she replied that she still would have probably lost 4-3.
E/T/F/B vs. Kim P./T-Bird/Kelly G.

In s3 the jury was male dominated;
which is why, Kim J. (most likely) had no chance,
against either Ethan OR Lex.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-19-02, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: the pattern"
Wasn't a woman this week (no bashing John, btw). Only 3 guys left, and, yes, I think this will be a female dominated game. I still think, though, that the next 2 to be booted will be Tammy and Robert. Then Sean, leaving Paschal as the only man left. Paschal may make F2, though, since he hasn't offended anyone, nor is he a threat. When Rodger was booted in S2, it was either him or Liz because of the C/T/K alliance (and we all knew that Keith was just spare change to carry Colby/Tina to F2). In this group, Paschal is NOW in the dominating alliance (as wierd as it is), so there isn't anything to keep him from getting that far. He DEFINITELY outlasts Sean.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •