The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sweety Tweety 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-10-05, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweety%20Tweety Click to send private message to Sweety%20Tweety Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
Does anyone else think that the argument between Paula and Simon last night (2/9) was, well, staged?

It just seemed "rehearsed". They had to know at some point, that there would be contestants that they didn't agree on. It was just a matter of having the opportunity present itself.

I am not sure I understand why they have to throw in the added drama for our viewing pleasure. I enjoy just watching the whole process, and I don't find it necessary for additional production.

I must admit, I do like the petty disagreements that the contestants have, that seems more true to life, and that is enough drama to sustain me.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! Ricky 02-10-05 1
   RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! Flairmarq 02-10-05 2
       RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! okaychatt 02-15-05 9
           RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! lissa37 02-17-05 10
 They couldn't even help snickering DontGetMeStarted 02-10-05 3
 RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! callalilly3000 02-10-05 4
   Maybe Simon was pinching her under ... DontGetMeStarted 02-11-05 5
 RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! lissa37 02-13-05 6
 RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! lyrker 02-13-05 7
   RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! consise10 02-14-05 8
       RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! aquariaqueen 02-21-05 11
           RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! consise10 02-22-05 12
               RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! aquariaqueen 02-22-05 13
                   RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama! consise10 02-23-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-10-05, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
Does anyone else think that the argument between Paula and Simon last night (2/9) was, well, staged?

Yes. The arguments between Paula and Simon don't seem genuine anymore. They really like each other, and are just playing a part for the TV show.

I hate to say it, but the whole show is getting a little old and predictable.

Sig pic by Angelfood. Underdog is a registered trademark of Sony Music (Video) Inc.
Opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the view of Underdog or Deputy Dog.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-10-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
Why don't Simon, Paula, and Randy have one pick on their own to get through? And why now are they enforcing the rules? Did Donald Trump influence them or what? Yeah its getting old, but next year, Paula is off, or at least rumored.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-15-05, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
<Paula is off, or at least rumored.

Of her own volition, or Simon's?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

lissa37 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-17-05, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lissa37 Click to send private message to lissa37 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
Where is everyone hearing this? I've read elsewhere that Paula is rumored to be leaving. Where did you hear this rumor?

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-10-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "They couldn't even help snickering"
during the whole debacle.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-10-05, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"

I don't know about that. I have seen Paula act, and she isn't THAT good!

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-11-05, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Maybe Simon was pinching her under the counter."
Or pinching her juice......

lissa37 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-13-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lissa37 Click to send private message to lissa37 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
I don't think it was staged. It seemed real to me. Someone mentioned that they (Paula & Simon) really do like each other. This is true, but I still belive the arguments are real. The whole audition process must be frustrating. Watchings hundreds of singers a day, or however many it is, most of them performing badly, and constantly having to give your opinion about them...I know I would be stressed! By the end of the day, it woudln't matter if I was working with my best friends - I would probably still argue with them. Paula's never liked being the only one of the three judges to like a contestant. I think she gets tired of seeing people she liked get kicked out, so occasionally she snaps. And that seems realistic to me, not fake.

Personally, I enjoy the drama with the judges. But, that's just me.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-05, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"

Yeah. I've thought that a few times. Especially with as quick as they were all kissy-huggy afterward.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
Arguments between judges and contestants and judges are all part of the whole Idol appeal..To me it`s something I really enjoy watching.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
It's hard to know if it's staged or not.....poor Paula has been doing so much stuff to her face, that you aren't seeing true facial expressions.

02-22-05, 04:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
you are right aquariaqueen,and don`t you think Paula wears too much make up?

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-22-05, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"

Definitely too much of sumfin'.

02-23-05, 04:43 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
I mean does she honestly have THAT MANY acne scars,aquariaqueen?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •