The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fox Upfronts AI8 information"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-08, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fox Upfronts AI8 information"
Not a whole lot said.

Apparently they are looking at some twists for next season.

One thing they did announce is next year they plan on the results show being 1/2 hour rather than 1 hour.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/05/when-american-i.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information jbug 05-16-08 1
   RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information Snidget 05-16-08 2
       RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information CTgirl 05-16-08 3
           RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information Sues 05-16-08 4
               RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information JessicaRN 05-17-08 5
                   RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information Snidget 05-17-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information"
One thing that won’t change: the people sitting at the judges table.
“We love Paula,” Liguori said, responding to a question. “She’s coming back.”

See? It doesn't matter what 'the people' want.

05-16-08, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information"
I think a lot more people watch because they want to see her bring the crazy than don't watch because they can't take the crazy anymore.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information"
I've actually found Randy to be a lot more annoying this season than Paula. Paula is Paula and when she gets whacked out it's funny. Randy just gushes out whatever he's told to say and it's a load of carp.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-08, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information"
Totally agree with that...I love me some kool aide Paula!
The 'dog' needs to find some new lines...

As to the 1/2 hour results show.....AMEN!!!!!

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-17-08, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information"
I agree that there was something kind of bizarre and empty about Randy this season. I used to like his opinions, but they seemed inconsistent, illspoken and out of touch.

Many of us heard rumors about bringing back a wild card this season and that might have made things more interesting.

I also don't enjoy the banter with Ryan and Simon, because it often seems mean, especially on Ryan's part. He has changed a lot in these years and I enjoyed him better when he seemed kind of sweet and innocent. Now he seems biting and sarcastic and it is no secret that Ryan and Simon are good friends off camera.

Also, some of the theme nights were just not relevant and topical, especially when they pick a person (Neil Diamond, Mariah Carey, Andrew Loyd Weber, Dolly Parton). Perhaps go back to narrowing it to decades.

05-17-08, 06:50 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Fox Upfronts AI8 information"
There are usually wild card rumors of some sort every season since they stopped using that as a way to fill out the finalists (I think they did that seasons 1-3)

I'm not sure there is a fair way to bring back someone that was already voted out. "Wild Card" was always during the voting people into the top 12 and I'm not sure how to do that with the voting people out at the top 24 method they use now.

One problem with the voting people into the top 12 was that we really didn't know people in the top 12 that well as we didn't get to see people that much before the finales unless they were chosen by the producers to have all sorts of back story during the auditions. While some like the second chance thing, I like this newer method where by the time people get to the final 12 we have seen all of them sing several times and have had time to see their personality in the clips.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •