The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final Two - Wishlist?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-16-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final Two - Wishlist?"
OK, lets not even talk about the pure dreck that the 'Coronation Song' will be...be that as it may.

Historically, the final two pick one past song to repeat, and then one new song of their choice?

Which should they repeat? What would you like to see them sing as their final new song choice?

David A
--------
I'm positive he'll repeat "Angels" by Robbie Williams.

David Cook
-----------
He has so many possible choices for repeats, from "Hello" to "Billie Jean". I would like to see him redo "Hello" in a longer form, personally.

For new song choice, i'll have to ponder this for a bit.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final Two - Wishlist? mindy23 05-16-08 1
   RE: Final Two - Wishlist? emydi 05-16-08 4
 RE: Final Two - Wishlist? KeithFan 05-16-08 2
 RE: Final Two - Wishlist? Snidget 05-16-08 3
   RE: Final Two - Wishlist? dragonflies 05-17-08 9
   RE: Final Two - Wishlist? tamarama 05-19-08 11
 RE: Final Two - Wishlist? TxSheCat 05-16-08 5
 RE: Final Two - Wishlist? nailbone 05-16-08 6
   RE: Final Two - Wishlist? KeithFan 05-16-08 7
       RE: Final Two - Wishlist? Sues 05-16-08 8
 RE: Final Two - Wishlist? tamarama 05-19-08 10
 RE: Final Two - Wishlist? tamarama 05-20-08 12
   RE: Final Two - Wishlist? geekboy 05-20-08 13
       RE: Final Two - Wishlist? Magnolia_Rocker 05-20-08 14
       RE: Final Two - Wishlist? tamarama 05-20-08 15
           RE: Final Two - Wishlist? geekboy 05-20-08 16
               RE: Final Two - Wishlist? tamarama 05-20-08 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-16-08, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
David A: Yes, his "Angels" song went over so well, he'll HAVE to repeat that. I'm not sure of anything else, because I pretty much slept through his other songs (sorry, he was that boring to me!). Since he can 'sing the telephone book', maybe he'll choose to do so?? HA! Randy's love child can do no wrong, after all.....and I do like the kid, really. He's sweet, and he WILL have a career, if he can learn how to ditch dear old daddy.

David C: so many to choose from. I'd love to hear "Hello" or even "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" (I think that's what it's called??), or any of the other rocking songs he's done. There is nothing he can do that won't bring the house down, if he does it HIS way and keeps it on an even keel.

I'm really curious what they've chosen as that ooronation song this year, considering they have 2 males in the finale. Hope it isn't some stupid, sappy thing. If it is, I hope DC can turn it around and amaze us all, once again!!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
i know blake said last year that he was not allowed to change that drek song zazzy posted a link a while back

it's going to be so sad

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
David Cook

Repeat- Always- He gave me chills on that one.

New- Girls With Guns. What the heck, I picked something a little obscure, but I bet he could belt it out, and I think he's going to need something a little fun with the snooze-fest he is going against, and this Tommy Shaw song fits that bill.

Archie

Repeat- well, I don't need to hear any of his performances again, but I think he'll do Imagine

New- I'd like to see a preview of what we are going to get. How about an Archie version of Girl by Davy Jones?

Profoundly ignorant since 2008

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
Archie

"Imagine" as the redo

Want--whatever that song was Fantasia sang last week is my pick for the new song.

I'd love to see Randy pop a blood vessel trying to pimp that.

David Cook.

"Hello" as the redo.

Want to hear, hard to say, it'll end up being Emo-Rock no matter what it is.

I'll say "Kokomo", wasn't that the theme of that Tom Cruise Bar Tending movie?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-08, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
Want--whatever that song was Fantasia sang last week is my pick for the new song.

I'd love to see Randy pop a blood vessel trying to pimp that.

*snort!*

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-08, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
>>Want--whatever that song was Fantasia sang last week is my pick for the new song.<<

Well the title is appropriate anyway -- it was called "Bore Me"

(poor kid. I don't hate YOU Lil' D, just...well, nevermind.)

TxSheCat 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-16-08, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxSheCat Click to send private message to TxSheCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
David A - repeat: Imagine (not that I personally want to hear it, but he got lots of pimping out of it)

wish list: November Rain

David C - repeat: Hello - that was seriously good!

Wish list: A Country Boy Can Survive (Yeah, I know, but it's totally off the wall and would be a 'surprise!)

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-08 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

Archie:
Redo - I want him to do whichever Stevie Wonder song it was that he screwed up so badly, in hopes that he'll do it just as badly this time.

New - Enter Sandman

Cook:

Redo - Dare You To Move - I think he could do it justice with more time

New - The World I Know - rumors were that he was going to do this last week, and I'd love to hear it

As for the "coronation" song, I honestly think he can turn whatever carp they give him into something interesting and listenable.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
Enter Sandman!? Bwahahaha. Time to break out the Sharky wipes! I'm still trying to imagine his frolicking scale runs in that song! hehehehe.

Metallica might put him down for a 10 count and a long draw on the inhaler, but I bet if we put some good old Iron Maiden in front of him the Bruce Dickinson screams would put him in the long black bag for sure!

Enter Sandman. **snort**

Profoundly ignorant since 2008

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-08, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
I would love to hear David Cook either to Baba O'reilly START TO FINISH or 'Your Face' ...that one made me cry
For a new song..how about 'November Rain'...just cause I think he got jipped time wise on a bunch...that and I think it would be interesting...

As to lil David..sure, let him do Imagine again, the have him sing 'Open Arms' by Journey...

05-19-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-08 AT 02:12 PM (EST)

There are rumors on the TWOP boards that this year there is a Clive Davis choice. (Plus 1 idol's choice (reprise or new) and the coronation drek.)

I don't think it's been confirmed by any reliable source, but in the current fangirl-frenzy that's going on over there, people seem to be assuming it's true. If so, I'm not too worried. If I remember correctly, he chose well for Bo.

I kinda suspect that it's NOT true -- I think someone somewhere said "How come there was no Uncle Clive selection this year?" And then "Maybe it will be for final 2." Voila - rumor. But since Clive's not really officially involved any more, I'll be surprised if they have him pick one.

As for what I'd like to hear, I'm assuming Archie will do Imagine for a reprise, some glurgy sweet message song for his new one, and then sing "I Believe This Is My Proud Moment In Heaven" as written.

Which DC song do I want to hear? I don't think he should repeat something from last week - too soon. As much as I loved them, I don't think he should repeat his MAJOR moment songs (Hello, Billie Jean, Always Be My Baby, Eleanor Rigby). I'd like to see him do a longer version of something that was WAY too short -- 1st choice Baba O'Reilly. Or All I Really Need, or Dare You To Move. Or, something that was really good, but underrated at the time, like Little Sparrow, or Daytripper. It will depend on what he chooses for his new song. I have faith - he understands programming.

Then he will "Cook" the crapination song, and ride off into the sunset with the Idol crown, Mandy Moore, and a few pieces of confetti in his hair.

05-20-08, 01:28 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
According to this:

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6576725&version=6&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Cookie will be the first ever Idol to sing U2 - "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

And Archie will be singing "Imagine" and "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" (presumedly Uncle Clive's choice).

Also, apparently Nigel announced on Ryan's radio show that each Idol was allowed to choose his own crapination song.

So good news all around, I think!

05-20-08, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
Thanks for posting this, tamarama. I was logging on this morning to do just that.

I think the U2 song is perfect for Cook. I'm not shocked that Archie will repeat "Imagine"

I think the BIG NEWS is that the two finalists can choose which coronation song they want. I wonder how many they had to choose from?

I think this all gives Cook an edge. He will nail U2, and if he nails the coronation song and molds it to his style, i think he may have this in the bag.

On the other hand, we don't know what they have to choose from. Archie will sing "Imagine" (a ballad) and will choose a ballad for his coronation song and sing it as a ballad. Clive will more likely than not pick a ballad for him to sing. He'll do the same old same old.

Cook will be exciting tonight. Archie will not.

Advantage Cook?

geekboy

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-20-08, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
I don't know if I would call it an advantage for Cook. Remember, Archie's rabid fan base likes his sappy ballads so he's playing right to his crowd. I am glad that they get to choose what they want for the finale song. I'm keeping my fingers crossed really tight that all the choices weren't nauseau inducing ballads.

My future Rockers!

05-20-08, 10:46 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-08 AT 10:49 AM (EST)

>>Clive will more likely than not pick a ballad for him (Archie) to sing.<<

I'm assuming this is the Elton John number -- so Archie has Imagine, Don't Let the Sun... and the craponation song. Yawn. I like these two songs - don't get me wrong - but unfortunately DA will sing them like a mini-Perry Como. No way will DA match Clay's vocals on the Elton John.

>>Cook will be exciting tonight. Archie will not.<<
Without a doubt. Plus, there's been talk (EW blog? MTV blog?) about Archie being swallowed up on the 'big' AI stage, while Cook owns it. They're going to be at the Nokia tonight. 'Nuf said.

This USA Today article:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-05-19-idol-davids_N.htm

says this:
Cook says his songs offer a chance to show off his versatility. "There's an eclectic mix, which I'm excited about. I get to do the real intimate stuff, I get to do the rock song, and I get to do everything in between. I'm stoked."

So I'm going to take a wild guess and call the U2 the rock song, and the craponation song the 'in between' -- so I'm kinda leaning toward the U2 being Clive's choice, and DC either reprising or doing a new 'intimate' - maybe even acoustic song. I'm having a hard time thinking he'd consider the craponation song 'intimate' and Clive is more likely to go big than go intimate. (and DANG this fangirliness. I can't type that word in reference to DC without blushing. I'm pathetic.)

Mariah Carey is rumored to be on Wednesday night - so I don't think he'll do "Always be my baby" on Tuesday.

ETA: I've heard that they had 10 coronation songs to choose from, and I've heard that they had 20. I don't know which is correct.

05-20-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
Are you serious w/ that Clive Davis pick of "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"? That is the song Clive picked for Bo on season 4. Now, he's repeating song choices?

If true, i've lost more respect for the guy. Pathetic. I hope you're wrong for that reason alone.

geekboy

05-20-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Final Two - Wishlist?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-08 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

>>Are you serious w/ that Clive Davis pick of "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"?<<

It's GOT to be Clive's pick -- if Team Archie has said he's singing Imagine & Don't Let the Sun...the 3rd has to be the craponation song, and Imagine is a reprise, so that has to be Archie's choice.

Maybe at Uncle Clive's age he can only remember 9 or 10 songs.

(ETA: so there's this guy on my floor named David Cook, and we've been having fun all season asking him what he's going to sing this week, hey, your hair looked better last night, congrats on making the final 2...this morning I walked into work and there are "Vote for David Cook" signs plastered all over our floor )

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •