The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Okay, Who's going to win?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-08, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Okay, Who's going to win?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-08 AT 03:27 PM (EST)

It's Archie vs. David for the American Idol champioship. The only question is, who's going to win? Assume that they both give the best perfomances that they are capeable of. I happen to think that David Cook is much more talented, but Archie seems to have a huge fan base. If this was really a talent contest, I'd have to say David Cook. Talent, however, does not seem to be the determining factor. Personally, I think David Cook will win because he is so much better.
What do you think? BTW I didn't see any other threads like this, but if I missed one, go ahead and lock me.

Edit to change one of the Davids to Archie

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? Ahtumbreez 05-15-08 1
   RE: Okay, Who's going to win? agman 05-15-08 3
       RE: Okay, Who's going to win? jbug 05-15-08 4
           RE: Okay, Who's going to win? Ahtumbreez 05-15-08 8
               RE: Okay, Who's going to win? jbug 05-15-08 9
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? jbug 05-15-08 2
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? Iconoclastic 05-15-08 5
   RE: Okay, Who's going to win? emydi 05-16-08 18
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? geekboy 05-15-08 6
   RE: Okay, Who's going to win? nailbone 05-15-08 7
       RE: Okay, Who's going to win? Ahtumbreez 05-16-08 13
           RE: Okay, Who's going to win? Snidget 05-16-08 14
               RE: Okay, Who's going to win? emydi 05-16-08 19
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? zombiebaby 05-15-08 10
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? dragonflies 05-15-08 11
   RE: Okay, Who's going to win? agman 05-15-08 12
       RE: Okay, Who's going to win? mindy23 05-16-08 15
           RE: Okay, Who's going to win? agman 05-16-08 16
           RE: Okay, Who's going to win? nailbone 05-16-08 17
               RE: Okay, Who's going to win? emydi 05-16-08 20
                   RE: Okay, Who's going to win? zazzy 05-20-08 43
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? costacat 05-16-08 21
   RE: Okay, Who's going to win? Sues 05-16-08 22
       RE: Okay, Who's going to win? momof4inVA 05-17-08 23
           RE: Okay, Who's going to win? nailbone 05-19-08 30
       RE: Okay, Who's going to win? boredwatchingtv 05-20-08 35
           RE: Okay, Who's going to win? memzoo48 05-20-08 36
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? dorellen 05-18-08 24
   RE: Okay, Who's going to win? sassymama 05-18-08 25
 Vegas says KeithFan 05-18-08 26
   RE: Vegas says agman 05-18-08 27
   RE: Vegas says memzoo48 05-20-08 37
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? Magnolia_Rocker 05-19-08 28
 Why I believe David Cook will win geekboy 05-19-08 29
   RE: Why I believe David Cook will w... Iconoclastic 05-19-08 31
       RE: Why I believe David Cook will w... geekboy 05-19-08 32
           RE: Why I believe David Cook will w... tamarama 05-19-08 33
               RE: Why I believe David Cook will w... Magnolia_Rocker 05-20-08 34
                   RE: Why I believe David Cook will w... sassymama 05-20-08 38
               RE: Why I believe David Cook will w... Ahtumbreez 05-20-08 39
                   RE: Why I believe David Cook will w... tamarama 05-20-08 40
                       RE: Why I believe David Cook will w... CTgirl 05-20-08 41
                           CT girl, Tamarama, and Tummy.......... agman 05-20-08 45
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? StarryLuna 05-20-08 42
 RE: Okay, Who's going to win? zazzy 05-20-08 44
   RE: Okay, Who's going to win? agman 05-20-08 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
David will win!

What? If I didn't SOMEONE would have.

05-15-08, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
Yea.....You're right, David will win. But who will come in second?

sculpted by Tribe

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
~~raises hand~~~~ Pick me, pick me!! I know I know!!!!

Puppetmaster Cirie - And it finally all comes together ~~~insert evil laugh~~~
(by Sigmaster Ag)

05-15-08, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
Pfftt, don't pick her! She looked at the answer!

Castronaut prettied up by the Agman

05-15-08, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"

a Syren special

05-15-08, 03:25 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I have not liked David A from the beginning. Thought he was one of those who never should have made it thru the hollywood round to start with....
so, I'd like to see David Cook win (not that I vote anyway, but....)

Every day is Spring with Agman
~~so why are you naked? trying to start a stampeed???~~~

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-15-08, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
David Cook! If the most recent 3 winners went Taylor Hicks - Jordin Sparks - David Archuletta, I think that would just about finish off this show.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
imho they deserve it with the pimping they do...

David A will win this thing...I love it AI will get stuck with dear old dad! emy loves me some irony

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-15-08, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
This is something i've been pondering for several weeks, and actually none of us know what is going to happen, but we can try and logically make a prediction.

One thing i've noticed, that i've found quite intriguing, is that compared to February this year, both the press/general community has turned against Archie. More interesting, is that Simon has seemed to veer away from Archie and towards David Cook.

Simply based on these two facts, I would HOPE David Cook wins.

But...who the heck knows. If Cookie blows it on Tuesday, that could definately do him in.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I think that VFTW going to Archie, even over Syesha, and after Archie had seemed to be The Chosen One, is kinda telling, too.

05-16-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I don't understand why VFTW went with Archie (I agree he is the worst, but..). It's obvious the producers and judges want an Archie win, so you would think this group would pick who was not the clear favorite. Not that this group makes much of an impact.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I think the tipping point was that even though the producers seem to favor him the entertainment factor of them having to actually live with a Archie-poo win and all that comes with it made the difference.

David C is marketable, and Syesha is boring, and she has been able to work as an actress in commercials and stuff so she might have some potential success along the way even if it isn't in record sales.

Saddling the producers with a winner that has a Stage Dad from Heck and who can't handle an interview and seems to have at best Taylor Hicks like sales potential (or worse) appealed to them. By the time that album comes out most of the tweenies voting for him will have moved on and will deny they ever liked him. I can't see them being less fickle about Archuleta then they are about anything else.

05-16-08, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
i love smidge

you're my idol twin

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
*sigh* Sanjaya could have had this sewn up. He was on the wrong season.

This actually is a tough call. Head and heart say Cook but man never underestimate newly aroused teenage girls.

All my pretend votes would go to Cook but part of me wants Archie to win. It really would hurt Idol I think(in the long run).

I still keep forgeting who won last year.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I will actually be voting for Cookie next week. As long as I can. Of course my votes will put him in the winner's circle.

05-15-08, 10:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
>I will actually be voting for
>Cookie next week. As
>long as I can.
>Of course my votes will
>put him in the winner's
>circle.

*crossing fingers and toes on that one*

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-16-08, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I have mixed emotions on this one. I KNOW in my heart and as a trained musician that both are amazing in their own rights. But that David C. is just easier to listen to, is more brilliant on the side of changing up his arrangements, and does a much better job of entertaining and knowing what the audience would want. Part of that is experience and age. But, I also enjoy listening to his voice 100x's more, too! I would DEFINITELY buy a CD of his!

This is my dilema: I love him so much, I'm not sure I want him stuck in an AI contract for however long, singing only THEIR songs, touring with their shows, etc. However, it certainly didn't hurt Kelly or Carrie, so it probably wouldn't hurt him, either. Those with the REAL talent will, in the end, come out on top. That's just a fact, after all these seasons!

As far as Archie goes-he will have a future, and he may even mature and grow into something more down the line. For now, he's a teeny-bopper. But so was Wacko Jacko and Justin T. at one point, and now they are super-stars. So, who knows? Depends on good management, and following. Will all those screemers actually fork out $16 to buy his CD's later? When we KNOW that DC's followers most likely will.

I just know that I will still be dialing away for Cookie on Tuesday night-after all that! LOL

05-16-08, 10:24 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
While I unerstand your reservations about david C winning, the thought of Archie winning just turns my stomach! I just can't cheer for him!

05-16-08, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
You know, I think I can see Cook taking the carp they're gonna give him and making it tolerable.

05-16-08, 01:53 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
Blake did...it's in that link zazzy posted a while back

now I have to go find it, darnit

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-20-08, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
Hi Em, are you talking about the interview Blake gave where he called BS on AI for making him sing the same ballad-y song as Jordin and not allowing him to change it to suit him?

costacat 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-16-08, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail costacat Click to send private message to costacat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I think David Cook is the far better singer/performer. I think he deserves to win. However, I think David Archuletta has a teeny bopper fan base that will spend hours and hours calling in votes for him.

I think David Cook will sell more records. And I think David Cook will do just fine whether or not he wins.

I don't think David Archuletta will sell the records that Cook can. I also think that Archie's fan base is a lot more fickle... by the time he gets a record out, his tweenie fans may have moved on or already spent their allowance on something/someone else.

If I was into the producer conspiracy thing, I think that they will have all sorts of vote bots voting for David C, and somehow also managing to tie up the lines for David A so votes can't get thru for him. (And while I'm not into conspiracy theories, this is my personal secret hope!)

So, I think (I hope I hope I hope!) that David Cook will win!

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-08, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I want Archie to win for the same reasons listed above. David C is a more seasoned, more talented performer. He got his 'boost' he can now move on and do his thing without being the 'American Idol' Lil Archie needs something bigger than his Dad to step in and run the show until he gets older...

momof4inVA 120 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-08, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I think Cook will win. Those of us who liked Daughtry(by the way we were right,sold more albums in 2007 then anyone) will vote for him alot. We don't want another Katherine(She lost her contract)winning. So it's Cook for me.

05-19-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
Katherine didn't win. Taylor won, and hasn't done much with it.

And Kat's new CD comes out today, so we'll see how she does.

boredwatchingtv 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-08, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boredwatchingtv Click to send private message to boredwatchingtv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I agree with you Sues.

I think that David A needs this little boost in his career right now and that David C - being more seasoned, a little more talented and VERY cocky- will make it in the industry with followers that enjoy his music.

However, David A who has a very nice voice now will have to become a little more seasoned/matured with the right manager and will find great success in the industry as well.

Either one that wins tonight- is a far cry better choice than the one note winner from last season. Now what was his name again?????

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-20-08, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I don't think Archie would be a better pick than last season's winner, Jordin Sparks. Although I don't "get" her appeal at all, she's selling a whole lot of records!

I agree that David C. will do well, regardless of the outcome. Archie needs this win more than Cookie does, but I still hope Cookie wins. In any event, Disney should sign Archie as soon as his AI obligations are over.

dorellen 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-08, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dorellen Click to send private message to dorellen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I hate to say it but,I think David Cook will win it. Although I think David Archuletta should. Cook will need to have a band because he is not a solo singer which Archuletta is. I will not be buying music from David Cook. Sheyesha was the better performer. I think she had some personality which neither David had. All they did was stand there and sing whereas Sheyesha had some performance factors. OMO!

sassymama 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-08, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sassymama Click to send private message to sassymama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I totally agree with you. Musicians/rockers like Cook (who looks the most comfortable with his guitar) do not need to have steller vocals as the loud music, bass line etc will cover the weaker vocals. Such as the rolling stones. Jagger cant sing but doesn't need to either. Archuletta, like Underwood and clarkson, has pure vocals and the kind of grace and style that deserves to be "Idoled". Fantasia seemed to turn out as the kind of Idol that, well at least, Simon, was embarrassed by her performance. Screaming and gyrating on the stage does not make you an idol. I was embarrassed for her. But, unfortunately, I do think that cook will win. That would probably be best for Archuletta because then he can finish his education then become the next Josh Grobin!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-08, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Vegas says"
Vegas has Archie a very slight favorite at 5:6. Cook is an even money prop.

05-18-08, 11:15 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Vegas says"
That doesn't surprise me. I think the he has been the chosen one all season. I will be disappointed, but not neccessarily surprised if jughead, Veronica, Betty, Reggie Archie wins

A snidget original

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-20-08, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Vegas says"
Not today. Cook is a slight favorite.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-19-08, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I hope Cookie wins. Just once I would like my favorite to win the title. (didn't watch seasons 1 & 2)

My future Rockers!

05-19-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Why I believe David Cook will win"
Let me lay out two viewpoints as to why i think David Cook will win this season of American Idol.

The "Logical, Common Sense Argument"
=======================================
* David Cook was not one of the early favorites to win, like Archie and Carly, but he came on strong from week 1 of the top 24, and never stopped.
* He is arguably the most talented, musiscally and creatively, of any contestant ever on American Idol
* He has shown himself to very diverse stylistically and able to meld his style to alot of genres
* I also think he has the edge momentum-wise

The "AI Producers Control Argument"
=======================================
Now, i'm not one to succumb to all the conspiracy theories out there, but its no mystery that the producers can pull some strings to try and HELP their favorite contestant win, and these last two weeks are where they have the most control (to what degree that is, depends on the season)

* AI needs desperately to have a SUCCESSFUL winner. Their Idols of late have not been busting any sales records. I think its obvious to them that the one with the most potential is David Cook.
* Last week it was obvious that the choice made by Simon for David Cook was the best of all three choices. Manipulation? Who knows but this week could be telling.
* This season they are bringing back Clive Davis, so the contestants themselves only have one choice of their own. Clive's picks have been notoriously bad, we'll see how his pick for Cook compares to Archie's.
* The final question is which song was selected for the winner. If its another drecky ballad, then my theory about Cook could be all wrong. If it fits him, i think we'll know our winner.

geekboy

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Why I believe David Cook will win"
"If its another drecky ballad, then my theory about Cook could be all wrong."

I'm not so sure a drecky ballad would necessarily favor Archie. Imagine if Archie had wheezed his way through "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" immediately before the good David last week. Mr. Cook would have humiliated him.

05-19-08, 12:12 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Why I believe David Cook will win"
I'm not saying David Cook couldn't do a 'drecky ballad'. My point in that comment is that the 'coronation song' - in theory - could be hand picked "help" one of the two finalists take the final prize. I think the ultimate example of that is season 6. The producers wouldn't like Blake arrange the song for himself, they forced him to sing it as a drecky ballad. One can't say that didn't help Jordin to a certain degree.

geekboy

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-08, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Why I believe David Cook will win"
>>The producers wouldn't like Blake arrange the song for himself<<

But Simon has teased that there will be a twist this year...this could mean either there will be 2 different craponation songs, OR (my preference), they will let Big D rearrange. In which case I believe he will stomp all over Little D.

To me, the TCO carp has been pretty easy to follow this year. Starting with Archie from the very beginning, along with perhaps Carly & Michael J on stand-by as potential TCO's-in-waiting.

Then Cook showed up to the dance. Surprise! I don't think anyone expected him to come out like that with guns blazing.

As Carly & MJ seemed to be lacking in 'audience connection,' and Archie continued to do the same thing every week (including forgetting lyrics), Cook became a frontrunner despite non-TCO status.

Even though Simon bashed him early on, it's become pretty clear over the past few weeks that he has a veritable man-crush on DC now. And even though Randy stubbornly continues to give Archie his weekly tongue-bath (whether he's earned it or not), in a couple of interviews Simon has said straight out that he wants Cook to win it all. Nigel has even been overheard to say "what's with Randy?" when Randy didn't like Cookie's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing."

I think the producers would LOVE a Cook win at this point. Archie backlash (or disinterest) has been creeping up for weeks. Between the charm of his performances wearing off, the beyond-ridiculous Randy comments, and the alleged "Stage Dad" drama, Archie's not looking like such a good horse to be backing right now. I think an Archie win would hurt the show over all, and I think the producers know that. And I won't be surprised if they wait until Archie's 18 to sign him. (Plus, Cook's iTunes sales are stomping everyone else's. $$$$$$$!)

I kinda think that the banning of dad from rehersals was the official reassignment of TCO crown. "Sorry, we kinda don't want you to win anymore, so we're not going to let your whole team work on your arrangements from here on out. Yeah, we always knew it was unfair to the others, but while you were TCO, we let it happen...now, not so much. Sorry."

I don't think DC will get Syesha's votes, but he will garner more "casual viewer" votes just by his far-superior musical & performance skills.

Add to DC's musical appeal that he's become WAY better looking over the weeks (plus, you know, talent is sexay) - and you've got legions of older 'fangirls' with more disposable income than tweeners -- they're driving up his iTunes numbers, and are actually going out to buy GoPhones just to vote on Tuesday. I read a post somewhere by one woman who bought 2 GoPhones, and set them up for different time zones so she can expand her voting time. Not many 12 year olds can just decide to blow $25 (or whatever) to get in 1,000 text votes on a disposable phone. (disposable to the cougars, anyway) It seems like the "Word Nerds" have learned from the past, and aren't going to let DC lose because of a bunch of tweeners - some of the other boards are actually kinda scary that way.

So with his own rabid fanbase, the casual voters, and the newly-bestowed blessings of the producers, I think we'll have a David Cook win.

(you know, if I'd pace myself, and visit the boards more regularly, I might be less inclined to ramble this long. My apologies!)

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-20-08, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Why I believe David Cook will win"
I really hope your right Tamarama!!!!!

My future Rockers!

sassymama 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-08, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sassymama Click to send private message to sassymama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Why I believe David Cook will win"
David Foster says it all here:

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=251867&__source=related-videos

05-20-08, 05:31 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Why I believe David Cook will win"
I think I just got called an "older fangirl" and a "cougar" by Tamara And I think I liked it.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-08, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Why I believe David Cook will win"
Oh Honey -- I'm counting myself in that category!

And just maaaayyyybbbeee I used a little of my own disposable income on a disposable...anywho, cougars are hot.

Check this blog out: http://tvfan.ew.com/blogs/post/1092

Funny, but perhaps 'for cougars only.' Might upset more delicate sensibilities.

"Well, i think I've finally figured it out. What DC does to us is not something the tweens or even our 20Something sisters would really "get". You see, when DC sings, he doesn't just sing. He's actually doing all of us. And he's been doing us one night a week for nearly months now."

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-08, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Why I believe David Cook will win"
*snort* that blog was funny.

I'll admit I've been a little bit seduced by him too.

05-20-08, 07:31 PM (EST)
45. "CT girl, Tamarama, and Tummy......................."
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-08 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

After the day I had today, I needed something to make me laugh! This little conversation the three of you are having about Cougars and older fan girls made me LMAO!!!!!!!I love it. Thanks you three for brightening my day

sculpted by Tribe
BTW, I am probably older than all three of you, So don't think I am making fun of your ages!

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-20-08, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I'm not sure the tweeny-bopper vote is as big as everyone thinks it is. I teach middle schoolers, ages 11 - 13, and when I hear them talking about AI (which is nowhere near as much as they used to) they're usually talking about Cook.

In all honesty, I think this one is too close to call. I think this one is going to be even tighter than the Ruben/Clay showdown of season 2. Every poll I've seen today has slightly different results, but they're all hovering right near 50-50.

Place witty comment here.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-20-08, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
You'll all are gonna love this.

Simon was on Ellen today and said that David C would win. He basically put down David A's ability to do anything more in an interview than the whole bashful thing...and talked about David C impressing as the season went along but David A peaking early and not really improving as the season went along (all paraphrased here, not exact words).

Don't know if this was to screw with the minds of the David A camp or David A....but I agree with Simon. DC for the win.

Hasn't DC been outpulling DA on dialidol for a few weeks now?

05-20-08, 09:35 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Okay, Who's going to win?"
I think Simon is exactly right on that! Go David C

A snidget original

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •