The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-12-02, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
Here is the CBS preview for episode 8:

"With "Boston Rob" now gone, Sean and Vecepia vow to fight till the end. But John has his own plans for them."

"One Survivor wins an incredible voyage into "another world" deep under the sea."

"Seeking the truth, Kathy confronts Zoe. Will they be friends?"

HMMM?? any ideas??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 oGenesis 04-12-02 1
   RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 PepeLePew13 04-12-02 3
 RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 SurvivinDawg 04-12-02 2
   Mystical Place Rain Crow 04-12-02 5
   RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 cowboyroo 04-12-02 8
       RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 Spidey 04-12-02 9
           RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 bebekid 04-13-02 16
       RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 Kokoro 04-13-02 11
           Goodbye "Nice People" Krautboy 04-13-02 12
           RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 Teddy_Bear 04-15-02 20
       RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 SurvivinDawg 04-13-02 15
           RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 cowboyroo 04-13-02 17
   Kathy and Zoe bebekid 04-13-02 18
       Lying is part of the game! Cathy the Canadian 04-15-02 23
 RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 Granvil the 4th 04-12-02 4
 RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 mindella27 04-12-02 6
 RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 MikeD 04-12-02 7
 What are John's plans ? Krautboy 04-13-02 10
   RE: What are John's plans ? sweetpea 04-13-02 13
   RE: What are John's plans ? Teddy_Bear 04-15-02 21
       RE: What are John's plans ? Tatina 04-15-02 22
           Jury considerations Spidey 04-15-02 26
   RE: What are John's plans ? sittem 04-15-02 24
       RE: What are John's plans ? Krautboy 04-15-02 25
 RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 drawde236 04-13-02 14
 RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8 Teddy_Bear 04-15-02 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

oGenesis 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-12-02, 03:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail oGenesis Click to send private message to oGenesis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
Thay SEE-Bs junk you guys are doing sounds so corny and childish, makes it seems like you guys are either young or nerds or something.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-02, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
Speak for yourself, oGenesis. It takes one to know one.

"One Survivor wins an incredible voyage into "another world" deep under the sea."

I read on another thresd that Neleh and Zoe are certified SCUBA divers -- if it's a water-based RC and they're aware of what the prize is when they start the competition, wouldn't that give either of these two some greater incentive to win it? It's still too early for either of them to start pissing people off for winning a challenge.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 04:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
Wow, you just stone-cold whipped my @$$ getting this out. It's all good, though.

Here's the poll question:
Should Kathy have given the Immunity Necklace to another Survivor?

Yes, she should have
secured an ally
No, she had to protect
herself
It's too soon to tell!

They're really pushing that IC necklace tranferance thing.... making me think it'll turn out to be nothing.

The misdirection focuses on John, Sean and Vecepia. By this reasoning, they're all safe.

The undersea world is probably the RC.

Kathy and Zoe... hmmmm... we know that Kathy is questioning Zoe's honesty already, so this must be just SeeBS trying to force this one down our throats, also.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Mystical Place"
I think you are right about the undersea world being the RC. It also ties in with the treemail shown at the end of last nights episode which involved going to a "mystical place". I have the video but have been hoping Bungler or someone with vidcap capability could post it.

Without having the words in front of me, I seem to remember mention of "going high" or something like that to reach the "mystical place". This could easily tie into kite flying. Some typical MB thinking...fly high to dive low!!!

Will keep waiting patiently for a vidcap or until I get home to check the video again!!!

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-12-02, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
SD-

I'm not convinced John isn't going to go. What concerns me is how easy it was to find the Immunity necklace on Tammy. I think she recruited Vee to replace John and his big mouth. His overhonesty would hang them this week since S/V definitely know they were in the 7 thingie, and Kathy pretty much has figured it out and it looks like Neleh is joining the program this week.

John stated himself once someone changes the plan, all bets are off, so as far as the alliance of 4, it no longer stands either. I think Tammy will opt to get the leftover stragalongs K/N/P/V/S to trust them this week by giving immunity to Sean to vote off John. I believe Vee has already replaced John as part of the 4, then the following week they can play N/P/K/ into thinking they are voting for Sean. Vee will go along with it as she has severed herself from Rob and Sean and it would fit her pizza/beer statement. They probably had some thing that if any of them dissed the others they would owe pizza and beer. After that they can pick off Neleh/Paschal/Kathy and all be in the Final 4 much safer.

On an early hunch, I'm going with John to go this week and Tammy passing the Immunity necklace off as "lying" proof that they are going to vote off John....(actually they wouldn't even need N/P/K's votes, just Seans...who we already know will vote against John...

This can also fit the "Jury's Out" quote... I think the person booted will say "Jury's out" meaning Jury's not good enough...I"m here to win...as in being in Jury is out of the question...

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
>SD-
>
>I'm not convinced John isn't going
>to go.

Agreed.

What concerns me
>is how easy it was
>to find the Immunity necklace
>on Tammy.

Agreed.

>I think Tammy will opt to
>get the leftover stragalongs K/N/P/V/S
>to trust them this week
>by giving immunity to Sean
>to vote off John.

This caught my attention. Could you explain this more? Why does Tammy have to give Sean immunity to take out John? To convince N/P he is the only choice (or the best one)? That is among the various scenarios I could think of. It sounds like something we should be thinking about, but your reasoning would help me more.

They probably
>had some thing that if
>any of them dissed the
>others they would owe pizza
>and beer.

That or the last of the 3 of them has to buy, which means she thinks Sean is next.

Not a lot to go on yet this week. I'm also leaning John, but mostly because I really dislike him.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-13-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"

>They probably
>>had some thing that if
>>any of them dissed the
>>others they would owe pizza
>>and beer.
>
>That or the last of the
>3 of them has to
>buy, which means she thinks
>Sean is next.

Webby said in the East Coast thresd that he thought her statement referred to an agreement the original 8 Maraamu made that the last one standing would buy everyone pizza and beer. She was very confident in her statement, which of course would lead one to believe that she has an alliance and will see Sean go before her (but not necessarily next).

bebe

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-13-02, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
<<His overhonesty would hang them this week since S/V definitely know they were in the 7 thingie, and Kathy pretty much has figured it out and it looks like Neleh is joining the program this week.>>

This is one thing I can't figure out about the last episode - ~everyone~ was there during the Rob/Robert/Sean/John shouting match and John basically confirmed that the plan was to get rid of Kathy/Neleh/Paschal - yet these three had no reaction to that whatsoever? If they just wanted Rob gone first then I agree that was the best thing for K/N/P to do but we've seen nothing from N/P on the betrayal (P sounded like he thought K was crazy when she told him what Rob told her ;) and Kathy's alleigences are bouncing around every few seconds....Just ~once~ I'd like to see a bunch of idiots (or the "nice people" or whatever you want to call them) ~not~ be oblivious and get picked off (here's hoping....)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-02, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Goodbye "Nice People""
I'm with you Kokoro, but I'm afraid we're out of luck again...it looks like Kathy, Paschal, Neleh are the next three to go. John has "other plans" for Sean and Vee: to use them to get rid of the last remaining threat of a counter alliance. Neleh and Paschal don't seem to have a clue, even though Rob tried to lay it all out for them.

Munson's Law will once again hold true and the Fianl 3 will once again all be from the same original tribe...Rotu. (Robert, Zoe and Tammy)

Krautboy

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-02, 05:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
This is the last week to really shake things up--which would be Survivor 1st. I hope you guys are right; I'm really bored with the typical pagonging .

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-02, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
You could easily be correct and John might go. I was just saying that the SeeBS misdirection tends to let one conclude he's really safe. We'll have to keep analyzing to get the truth.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
You may be right too SC. I just noticed that sometimes when someone makes a statement like that, people tend to "grow" off of it, and by ten posts down...someone rights "Since Vee, Sean and John aren't going this week"...

I always enjoy your posts!!

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-02, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Kathy and Zoe"
Is it just me, or is this Kathy and Zoe thing just blown way out of proportion? This may be the only drama they have to work with now that Boston Rob is gone. Zoe has barely said anything this entire series, and she is the biggest liar the island has? Please!

I bet when Kathy and Zoe get off the show, and they are interviewed about the whole lying thing, they will both say it wasn't as big a deal as they made it out to be (Kathy, you remember you ARE playing Survivor, don't you?). We have heard others on other series talking about how they edit the show, to make us think something is a big deal, when it isn't.

When SeeBS tries to force something on us, it usually turns out to be very trivial (remember Night of Mysteries? Oooo!)

bebe

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-02, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Lying is part of the game!"
Exactly bebe

I get soooo sick of everyone making such a big deal out of lying - lying is part of the game! You don't get mad at poker players when they bluff. You don't expect someone your playing chess with to tell you what their next move is. I don't hate my boyfriend because he doesn't tell me his strategy when we're playing risk.

It's a game people!

Kathy needs to get a clue and start playing this game with her head rather than her heart, otherwise, we can kiss her goodbye.

Granvil the 4th 38 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Granvil%20the%204th Click to send private message to Granvil%20the%204th Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
Often, when we watch the show, we see things cleared up that we have wondered about for a while.

When I saw the preview confrontation between Kathy and Zoe, I wondered if this will clear up the question of where Zoe's loyalties lie. I couldn't see her being completely honest when confronted by Rob in front of K, then again, I'd bet she had the opportunity to go to K right after that one-on-one and tell her how it was, "I was left all alone with these four - I had to vote for Gabe or they would've turned on me. Now that you three are back, things are different." She obviously didn't do that or we wouldn't have the confrontation next week.

My gut tells me Zoe isn't sure where she should stand - she doesn't want to jump onto a sinking ship, but she isn't sure which ship is sinking yet. I'm thinking she'll waffle more next week with K while trying not to slam any doors on herself.

mindella27 27 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindella27 Click to send private message to mindella27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-02 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

Just from the way the show unfolded this week my feeling are the alliance will be John/Zoe/Tammy/General/Vee/and my thought are Sean. This is my reasoning; Vee has really seperated herself from Sean and Rob, but she still had a tight bond with sean to start the show. Plus they are both African American and feel like minorities. This came out in last nights episode when Sean was angry and told of his bonding with John.

Second Kathy is not liked she did vote against Zoe, she looked at her with a smirk. But Kathhy is questionable, it could be her over Sean since she did pee on the bosses hand, or maybe neither one is involved and it is just Vee by herself. Than it could get interesting. I wonder if a secret alliance of three is out there.????
Finally Paschall and Neleh are too liked they would win if anyone went against in the final two. ?

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-02, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
Its going to be hard for Zoe to walk away from this game with a clear conscience - everytime they show her say anything she's lying about something to somebody.

04-13-02, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "What are John's plans ?"
"With "Boston Rob" now gone, Sean and Vecepia vow to fight till the end. But John has his own plans for them."

The wording of this is curious...Sean and Vee are ready to fight, but John has other plans? Sounds like they are all set to take a defensive position when John approaches them, in his arrogantleader like way, and offers them a chance to take the #5 and #6 positions.

John knows that if the New Maraamu 3 get together with Sean and Vee, he is outnumbered 5-4, so he tries to buy a little insurance by offering Sean and Vee amnesty for a few episodes.

John's plan is probably also what has Neleh confused and trying to figure out what is going on in the vidcaps of her taliking to Paschal after the IC.

It's looking like Kathy, Neleh, and Paschal are being targeted by John. Whether his plan succeeds or not remains to be seen...

Krautboy

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-02, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What are John's plans ?"
>"With "Boston Rob" now gone, Sean
>and Vecepia vow to fight
>till the end. But John
>has his own plans for
>them."
>
>The wording of this is curious...Sean
>and Vee are ready to
>fight, but John has other
>plans? Sounds like they are
>all set to take a
>defensive position when John approaches
>them, in his arrogantleader like
>way, and offers them a
>chance to take the #5
>and #6 positions.

What I don't understand is Vee. She voted for Rob, clearly deserting her "alliance" of Rob & Sean. Now she is back with Sean and against John's group? Doesn't make sense. Especially when she has been shown all kissy kissy with Tammy and John and the rest of them.

04-15-02, 05:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What are John's plans ?"
IMO, if this is what John intends and he is succussful (or not); we are going to have one very p@#$%$d off jury--which ever way it plays. John has made way too many promises to too many people--a.k.a. Kelly Wigglesworth, s1; he will pay dearly for it--1 way or another.

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-15-02, 06:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What are John's plans ?"
Exactly my point ! My gut keeps telling me Kathy will go, but then again I think that they just can't be stupid enaugh not to think about booting how booting Kathy and recruiting Sean and Vee would influence their chances of winning the game. If John, or any other member of the Rotu 4, for that matter, plans to win this game, they can't afford having very disappointed (this is an euphemism) Kathy, Paschal and Neleh in the jury. And while as John has pretty much blown his chances of winning by making too many empty promises all ready, I'm not that confident that Tammy, Robert or even Zoe are willing to do likewise.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Jury considerations"
>If
>John, or any other member
>of the Rotu 4, for
>that matter, plans to win
>this game, they can't afford
>having very disappointed (this is
>an euphemism) Kathy, Paschal and
>Neleh in the jury.

Good thoughts. People are often p.o'd when they first get ousted, but if it is a slimy, smarmy, broken promises boot, I can imagine that it just sticks in your craw. Remember Jerri's crusade to ensure Colby didn't win?

I agree John has no shot at the big prize, but I hope that doesn't convince everyone to take him with them, although it should. No one there has done anything smart yet, why start now? The Rotu 4 (minus John, + Vee) could ditch him, and I don't recall the others making promises to anybody, so there are none to break. Besides, if any combination of T/Z/R are F2, its a toss up b/c they all voted against the same people. No "leader" there to blame.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-15-02, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What are John's plans ?"
I'm with you on this KB - it makes more sense to me than anything else I've seen (now that the Masters is over!!). However, does John need to bring Sean along on this? Why not just Vee? With her they've got a 5-4 advantage already. Or is it just to sweeten the pot for Vee by bringing Sean to assure her loyalty?

04-15-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
25. "RE: What are John's plans ?"
Sittem, I think your right about Vee. She's probably already in with the Rotu 4. John doesn't need Sean, but he knows Sean is very vocal; taking Sean along for a while is a good way to keep him somewhat quite, until they can implement John's plan...

Krautboy

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-02, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"
This strikes me as true misdirection. The focus seems to have shifted from Neleh and Paschal's griping about all the lies and the need to do something to Sean and Vee vowing to fight to the end. IF anything, Vee may say this to Sean, but her vote for Rob confirms that something else is up. I think with the entire mini alliance of Neleh/Kathy/Paschal shown being confrontational, the bootee will most likely be one of them (Kathy...which leads to the two peas in the pod).

04-15-02, 05:24 AM (EST)
19. "RE: See-BS misdirection for Ep. 8"

>"Seeking the truth, Kathy confronts Zoe.
>Will they be friends?

If See-BS misdirection is consistant; whenever, there is a "Will they/it/he/she/{name}; the answer has always been : NO!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •