The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-13-08, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
This is the easiest Rankings/Thoughts post i've had to write all season. Yes, I have a bias that has been visible pretty much all season, but this post is as bias-free as I can make it.

One person stood out tonight head and shoulders above the other two and that person is David Cook.

Briefly, some thoughts on the other two.

Syesha - I felt no life in your vocals, and after the past two weeks of growth, i felt no connection with any of the songs tonight. Granted, you only picked one, and the one you picked was way out of left field. The judges were correct, why pick a song as old as 'Fever'? I just didn't feel anythign tonight.

David A - Alot that I said about Syesha I can easily say about you. I felt with the judges and producers picks you put yourself on cruise control and we saw nothing new, and like Syesha, the emotional connection was gone. And your pick...I didn't like that performance at all. I said it once earlier this seasons, I feel you have a distinct weakness in singing up tempo songs.. and "With You" was more mid tempo, and even then you were drawing out syllables that didn't need to be drawn out.

A very weak set of three from you two.

Now, David Cook -

Judges pick - This was simply and incredible performance. I was envisioning you with the electric guitar and some distortion making this a grungy rendition, but you didn't do that, and i'm glad. Your simple performance was amazing.

Your Pick - yes, the judges were right, perhaps not the best selection for a 90 second version, but at least YOU picked a song that represents who YOU are, unlike the other two.

Producer's pick - A song that has been done many times, and once again you arranged it uniquely and made it yours. I honestly was getting tired of this song, and you brought new life to it. I loved it.

This was David Cook's night, and he proved he could beat Archie. Bravo!

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts KoalaChick 05-13-08 1
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts nailbone 05-13-08 2
   RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts JessicaRN 05-13-08 3
       RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts nailbone 05-14-08 6
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts DoodleBug 05-13-08 4
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts zombiebaby 05-14-08 5
 Corvisette's opinion Corvis 05-14-08 7
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts Ahtumbreez 05-14-08 8
   RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts agman 05-14-08 11
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts Magnolia_Rocker 05-14-08 9
   RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts dragonflies 05-14-08 17
       RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts agman 05-15-08 21
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts agman 05-14-08 10
   RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts mia rules18 05-14-08 14
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts TxMom2011 05-14-08 12
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts SilverStar 05-14-08 13
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts KeithFan 05-14-08 16
 RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts emydi 05-14-08 18
 Syesha???? Were your volume buttons... DrKegel 05-14-08 19
   RE: Syesha???? Were your volume but... nailbone 05-15-08 20
       RE: Syesha???? Were your volume but... DrKegel 05-15-08 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-08, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
Man, you're really teasing us over here on the West coast! I still have a half an hour until showtime!

I'm totally with you on David Cook, though. He's made this show so interesting, he's the one that I can't wait to hear each week.

Neither of the other two "gets it" about putting your own flavor on a song. Neither of them has the wow factor. Well, maybe Archie with the tweenagers, but not the general public.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-08, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Cook - very large head and shoulders above the other two. I wish he'd done a longer arrangement of the second song (Syesha took like 8 minutes), though. And I'd take any of them for the iTunes download, but if I have to pick one, I hope it's not the first song, which I hate.

2. Syesha - cuz she's hot

3. Archie - cuz he's boring. Technically a pretty good singer, but he's got no soul.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-08, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
I know that I'm not in the demographics that they care about, but the only one of these that I would purchase a CD of is David Cook. He is unique and I always look forward to seeing what he will do and how he will perform it.

The other two are kind of interchangeable for me. In fact both of them have a future in dinner theatre. Both decent singers, but seem to be lacking the infamous "X Factor".

05-14-08, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
I agree on all points.

I'll by CDs from Cook, and from Jason Castro. Carly and Michael, also, depending on what the songs are.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-08, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
I picked David Cook to win based on his audition and he has not disappointed me at all. What a night for him! Cowell's pick was very interesting and I was looking forward to seeing what David would do with it. Very cool. On his second song I was left wanting more. It was too short! I wonder if this will be the itunes download. The third song brought down the house! Did you see Diane Warren's reaction? What a compliment!! I loved the half circle of violins behind him. It was semi predictable - but it's what I love about him. I love his style!

The other two pale in comparison.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-08, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Cook- His choice of song was the best.

2. David A. - Paula's pick. Suprisingly I thought this was the best he has ever done. I also did not feel hate for him here too.

3. David C. - Simon's pick. I don't think David did such a great job with it as everyone else did but it was still good and listenable.

4. David A. - Producer's pick. Again I was suprised that I liked this. These were in his wheelhouse and he did not really sound so bad here.

5. David C. -Producer's pick. I hate this song. I think he did a crappy job with it too. But it was better than the rest.

6. Syesha- Randy's pick. It was very boring and a bit shrieky.

7. DAvid A.- His choice. The only reason this was so high is that the dancing totally made that watchable. By watchable I mean entertaining and laughable.

8. Syesha- Producer's pick. Horrible song.

9. Syesha- Her choice. Fever? Really? Most predictable choice all night even over David A. That was craptasticlly boring and homogenized. Syesha lost a lot of personality once she straightened her hair. She is beautiful but the straight hair has to go.

Overall.

David C.
David A.
Syesha

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-08, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Corvisette's opinion"
I'm turning it over to my seven year old this week. Here are her comments:

David A vs. David Cook: "He (David A.) is cute, but Cook can really sing."

Syesha: "That girl's horrible. And her clothes are ugly, too."

That's my girl! There is hope for the younger generation.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
David Cook ~ Hands down winner of the night is Cookie. The only song that feel flat for me was his pick but only because I prefer it when he changes things up.

Syesha ~ I liked the song from Happy Feet. And she seemed lighter lastnight, not so serious and thank goodness no reference to Presidents, Rosa Parks or MLK Jr. Sometimes she acts like she's the first black person to make it this far on Idol.

Archie ~ Randy keeps using the word predictable for everyone ( Cookie, Jason, ect) except the one he should be using it to describe, Archie. I just don't get Randy's idolation of this kid. I know he's not going but I wish he were.

Castronaut prettied up by the Agman

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-08, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
I agree with your rankings 100%. I just don't think Syesha can over come the Archie Tweener fan base.

sculpted by Tribe

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-14-08, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
Cookie - Best of the night hands down. I really liked Simon's pick for him. I liked what he chose for himself it was just too short. There is a special place in my heart for "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" (Aerosmith version) because that was my song to my DH on our wedding day and I think David did a great job on it.

Syesha - I liked the Happy Feet song but the other two were boring.boring.boring. She is a beautiful girl though I just don't want to hear her sing anymore.

Archie - Ugh!!! I was so disinterested in his performances that I was giving my girls tummy raspberries during them. Way to make him show his versatility with your choices Paula/Producers. /end sarcasm

At this point I want a Cookie/Syesha final two. At least I don't mind watching Syesha perform.

My future Rockers!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-08, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
I agree Mag. But I still want "First time" to be the download this week. Better yet, have all 3 of David's be the downloads, and none from either Syesha or Archie.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

05-15-08, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
I was thinking the same thing. He's the only one worth listening to. Imo, of course

Cahaya turns the horde loose

05-14-08, 10:13 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
#1 David Cook by a mile

#'s 2&3 who cares??????????????

sculpted by Tribe
The final will be Archie vs. David C

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-14-08, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
Ditto!!

At this point, I don't care who's up against Cook. I am smitten. If he hadn't won me over already, he would have last night with his first performance. I loved it, and I did tear up as well. I used to enjoy Archie, but not so much anymore...I do think he's a nice kid, but he is just too young and does not have much range...it was a valiant effort to try Chris Brown last night but it was uncomfortable for me...As for Syesha I'm sure we'll see her on broadway soon enough...GO COOK!!

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-08, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
The stuff I liked --

1. David Cook - Simon's pick was beautiful... I was tearing up too. This guy is great.

2. David A - Paula's pick was spot on - it was a very nice vocal performance. He still has lots of quirks though.

3. David Cook - Producers pick... nice rendition of an overdone song

4. David Cook - His pick was a song I love but I hated how it was chopped up. I hope he records the whole song for i-tunes

5. Syesha - Producers pick.. I liked this upbeat performance from her. I can see her recording this style of song

6. David A - His pick I liked... he messed up the lyrics though. I just dont think he will sell many records unless they are sappy ballads... it was just okay

The crappy stuff --

Syesha's other perfomances were awful. I thought the weave job was awful and that long dress too old fashioned. She was auditioning for broadway last nite, not for a recording contract. Though I pretty much have thought that all along. I just hate that she made it further than Carly who is the best of the female vocalist this year.

David A - I can see why the tweeners love him. I probably would like him better if the judges would stop trying to shove him down our throats! That last song he sang was AWFUL... too boring and too old fashioned.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-08, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Cook- "The First Time..." I loved this. I was expecting a rock version, but he really kept it pretty simple and showed that underneath all the originality and grunge, he really does have a beautiful voice. The best in the competition.

2. Syesha- "Fever" Ya know, I really hated Syesha in the beginning of this competition, but she's grown on me over the past few weeks. I far, far prefer her when she does a low-key song such as this, as opposed to the screeching diva songs she loves so much.

3. David Cook- "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" I didn't love it, but it's still much better than everything else.

4. David Cook- "Dare You to Move" Love this song, didn't so much love his attempt. But again, compared to the others...

5. Archuleta- "Longer" This might be the first performance of his that didn't cause me to wince or cover my eyes. I actually thought he sounded ok.

6. Syesha- The Alicia Keys song (can't remember the name right now) This might have been better than I'm ranking it, but I was eating dinner at the time and not really paying attention. I'll have to re-watch.

7. Syesha- "Hit Me Up" I enjoyed seeing her do something other than Broadway or Diva, but it wasn't great.

8. Archuleta- The Billy Joel song (I'm really blanking here) Boooooooooring. And now with extra gasp!

9. Archuleta- "With You" OMH. This would have been hilarious if it wasn't so awkward and wince-inducing. I literally covered my eyes through some parts, it was so painful. I don't ever want to hear Archie say "I need you, boo" ever, ever again. Ever. EVAH!

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-08, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Cook- by a mile. I just don't get why Randy was ragging him about predictable performances when he is performing the songs that he was told to perform. I was a little disappointed with "The First Time" in that when I heard he was singing it I was looking forward to something a little edgier, but he did sing it well. I'll also go against the grain in that I really didn't like "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" that much. First of all, he was missing notes- he covered them professionally, but he missed 'em. More importantly that song was ruined for me for life because of the movie "Armageddon". Ben and Liv in the animal crackers scene. Worst.Scene.Ever. Aerosmith be damned, I just can't like that song anymore.

2.Syesha- Solid performances. I think she may have overdone the Broadway production angle on "Fever", but I can't blame her. That's the angle where she has gotten the most praise from the judges and ideally she wants their approval as well as the voters.

3.David A- In the interest of science, I sat and listened to all 3 songs. I don't think I'm a better person for it- maybe just a little irritable. I had my phone by my side ready for the voting when the lines opened, but I thought long and hard about using it to dial 911 when Archie was singing acapella. "Quick! Send oxygen! We've got someone turning blue!" I sort of liked "With You", his performance made me fell better about myself. If there ever was a bad karaoke on Idol, this was it, and the judges failure to ridicule him shows them for what they are. Archuletta pimps. The only thing I'll say about "Longer" is that I hated that song in 1980 and his performance didn't change my opinion of the song.

Profoundly ignorant since 2008

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-08, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Top 3 - Rankings/Thoughts"
Boy...that was mediocre

Did Nigel pick the 3rd songs? If so, he needs to stick to SYTYCD!

1. David Cook 1-This was good but not great and not even as good as the Hello way back and I didn't like that much bc I hate that song. I love this song and he could have done more with it. Did he find this online somewhere too? Simon was right that he picked the best song of the 3 but hey, look as his competition.

2. David Cook 3-meh I hate this song and it was just okay enough though from last nite to be overall 2

3. David Cook 2-meh again. Paula was actually right about the 90 secs being too short for this song. Again, still better than the other 6 songs

4. David A 1-I actually think this was one of his better singing performances...not perf bc he closed his eyes again..maybe he was afraid of what dad's evil eyes would do if he looked at him

5. Syesha 2-this was her best performance but it was too old for her

6. Syesha 1-this was ok...she sang this on that One show too...nice pick there randy...

7. David A 2-I guess when he isn't chained in a cage all week, he forgets more words...ok

8. Syesha 3-OMH that was bad

9. David A 3-worse what was Nigel thinking???

Overall avg:

David C: 2
Syesha: 6.33
David A: 6.66 uh oh

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-08, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Syesha???? Were your volume buttons muted? "

Seriously, did anyone who ranked Syesha above the 2 Dave's actually have the sound on or did someone hit the mute button? If the sound was on, I have no explanation because I listened to her butcher all three songs. She was clearly out of tune/key on all of them. And not one judge pointed this out? Especially on Randy's pick. In the initial auditions, there are always a few people who attempt to sing Alicia Keys and Randy - especially Randy - absolutely HAMMERS people who can't sing her songs. He goes nuts. Well. Syesha is one of them. Those last few notes were brutal. They made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and vomit hit the back of my throat. Sounded like a Halloween cat who got his tail caught in the door. I never heard anyone so pitchy be in the final 3. How did she get in the final 3 anyway? Hasn't she consistently been in the bottom since the show started? And you mean she wasn't voted out and got into the finals? I mean, does everyone put their faith in the judges? I read posts about David Cook being pitchy in the second song (he was), but Syesha was all over the place vocally. Plus she ALWAYS gives the same look. She puts her chin down arches her left eyebrow and looks right and left and then at the camera. Like "Oooooh, I'm such a sex kitten and just soooo hot!" Not! Me and Mr. Jones! OMG!

My rankings are:

#3 song of David Cook
#1 song of David A
#3 song of David A
#1 song of David Cook
#2 song of David Cook
#2 song of David A

-----------------

WAY AT THE BOTTOM

DOWN FURTHER

FURTHER

EVEN FURTHER

KEEP GOING

ALMOST THERE

NOPE NOT YET

GARBAGE PILE <---------- KEEP DIGGING

ALL 3 OF SYESHA'S SONGS

05-15-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Syesha???? Were your volume buttons muted? "
So you're saying that you're really not that fond of Syesha's songs?

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Syesha???? Were your volume buttons muted? "
>So you're saying that you're
>really not that fond of
>Syesha's songs?
>
>
>

Pretty much.

Watched last night and Thank God America agreed with me.

Don't know what I would have done if she landed in the finals, but I don't have to worry - my two picks are in!!!

Should be good.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •