The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What happens if there is a tie"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-12-02, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What happens if there is a tie"
Well, I think we've finally figured out what will happen if there is a tie between two contestants during tribal council. With the new rule of immunity being transferrable, we are shown how much power this season is given to the person winning the immunity challenge. I bet that the person with immunity is the final vote in deciding who is kicked off, in the event of a tie. I think that's pretty fair too, if someone has won immunity, then they deserve the deciding vote. I'm not sure if we'll ever see a tie though, but that's my prediction. Sorry for starting a whole new post to say this, but I didn't really see any other posts that I could include this in.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What happens if there is a tie bergdogg 04-12-02 1
 Twists Kokoro 04-12-02 2
   RE: Twists MeToo 04-12-02 3
       It was Patricia smokedog 04-13-02 7
   RE: Twists Spidey 04-12-02 4
       RE: Twists Solitaire 04-12-02 6
 RE: What happens if there is a tie ycartdraw 04-12-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-12-02, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What happens if there is a tie"
I have thought that since this idea of the votes not counting has been out is that their is not going to ever be a need for the tie-breaker rule, or for previous votes to be counted.

The votes really have had no need to be counted so far, and I think it will continue to the end of the season.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-12-02, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Twists"
<<Another wrinkle in this edition is that previous votes no longer count against a player in the event of a tie vote at Tribal Council. "It became a bit too mathematical," says Burnett. "It got so annoying to me." He says he's made at least two other changes to the game, but declines to elaborate on them at this time.>>

Well I was planning to do a "Which 3 are twists" type thing but since the actual quote blows that to hell I'll just speculate on ties ^-^;;

1. No provisions
2. The Twist
3. Immunity can shift
4. Previous votes don't count

So what constitutes a twist? MB says here that no previous votes is one of the rule changes and there are two others - but also note that he says there are "at least" two more (not "There will be three twists" like I've seen posted)

Is The Twist considered a "new" rules change? It was in Africa, remember, and he did insist that the S4 cast saw that particular episode.

Is "no provisions provided" really a game change?

Would he specify the new vote rule if a tie never took place?

Anyway, my organizational skills are awful when I'm tired but I wanted to get into the tie issue:

There are only 3 more chances for a tie to occur (unless you believe a 3-3-3 deadlock happens next ep for some reason ;)

Okay someone else take over, I need sleep.

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-12-02, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Twists"
I already asked this in another thread, but didn't one of the bootees say that the contestants were told about the "no previous votes" rule change before the game? How did it come to be known that previous votes didn't count this time?

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-02, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "It was Patricia"
Patricia, in her interview with survivor-central.com, said they were told about the 'previous votes don't count' change.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Twists"
>
>There are only 3 more chances
>for a tie to occur
>(unless you believe a 3-3-3
>deadlock happens next ep for
>some reason ;)
>

There are technically many scenarios where there could be ties:

Next week could go 3-3-3 OR 4-4-1
Ep. 9: 3-3-2
Ep. 10 3-3-1
Ep. 11: 3-3

You get the idea. Granted, these people would be morons not to at least try to have a voting block of 5 nxt. ep. and of 4 thereafter. But these people have been known to do things even more stupid. (Like voting your gut, conscience, etc.)

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-12-02, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Twists"

>There are technically many scenarios where
>there could be ties:
>
>Next week could go 3-3-3 OR
>4-4-1
>Ep. 9: 3-3-2
>Ep. 10 3-3-1
>Ep. 11: 3-3

Yes, but a 4-4-1 and a 3-3-1 tie would both be broken by a revote. The only ties that could stay ties by a revote are 3-3-3, 4-4, 3-3 (or 2-2-2 I guess) and 2-2.

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-12-02, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What happens if there is a tie"
I'm sure that is what it is. As soon as JP said that last night about passing the immunity I knew. The fate is in the hands of the bearer of the necklace...interesting ...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •