The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""After The Final Rose" Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-03, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""After The Final Rose" Show"
Who watched it last night? Or were you all watching American Idol?

This "closure" show featured the "official" public re-uniting of Andrew and Jen. Andrew does seem to genuinely be in love with Jen. They also had on BOB, the next Bachelor, and even brought out Kirsten to take some more humiliation. They really tried to generate some friction between Jen and Kirsten, but the girls didn't bite (pun intended) and it all sorta fizzled.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "After The Final Rose" Show boomerang 05-22-03 1
   RE: "After The Final Rose" Show SurvivinDawg 05-22-03 2
       GMA boomerang 05-22-03 5
   RE: "After The Final Rose" Show PepeLePew13 05-22-03 3
 RE: "After The Final Rose" Show smiley 05-22-03 4
 RE: "After The Final Rose" Show Schnookie Palookie 05-22-03 6
   RE: "After The Final Rose" Show triednottowatch 05-22-03 7
 RE: "After The Final Rose" Show triednottowatch 05-22-03 8
   RE: "After The Final Rose" Show KScott 05-22-03 9
       RE: "After The Final Rose" Show jeannemarie97 05-22-03 10
 RE: "After The Final Rose" Show Ahtumbreez 05-23-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-22-03, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail boomerang Click to send private message to boomerang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"
The more I see of Kirsten, the less I like her. I also have to wonder what Jen thinks of Andrew's judgement, after bringing Kirsten to the final two. I don't think Kirsten's been turned down very often in her life, and she seemed very bitter. I think she's incredibly immature, and showed no class at all on last night's show. She didn't even have the decency to give good wishes to the happy couple. They're all suppose to make an appearance on "Good Morning America" this morning.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-03, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"
I partially agree about Kirsten, but also have some defense for her.

1) I don't think Jen really cares about what happened. She had that "I won, Kirsten didn't." look on her face the whole time. Andrew WAS trying to be careful with his words when discussing Kirsten in front of Jen, and that was amusing. But Jen is ready to get on with life (with Andrew).

2) Kirsten really thought she had it in the bag and was going to win. She probably believes the ex-boyfriend stuff is what tanked her at the end. I thought her question on the show was fair, even if it did sound bitter. (And yes, I totally agree that she's bitter).

3) The show tried as hard as it could to produce friction between Jen and Kirsten, showing tape of them saying bad things about each other. Jen said that the comments were made in the context of the moment (and that is true), but did not apologize. Nor did Kirsten. I thought they were very civil considering the show's attempts to start trouble, but one really couldn't expect apologies or for them to start liking each other under those conditions. And to ask Kirsten to give the happy couple best wishes is probably asking a bit much. Would you rather she lie and say it? I would prefer she be truthful and just say nothing (as she did).

4) I partially agree about Kirsten being immature, but I think she's okay for a 23 year old girl. IMHO, she's just not ready to settle down and get married yet. She's got a lot of living to do and experiences to go through. Marriage would only slow Kirsten down at this time.

By way of contrast, Jen is certainly ready to settle down. Perhaps that is the difference that Andrew detected, also.

5) Someone please let us know what happens on GMA this morning!

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-22-03, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail boomerang Click to send private message to boomerang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "GMA"
I don't have time to list all the comments made this morning, but Kirsten seemed a little more gracious, at least. When asked if she wanted to say anything to the couple, she did say that she wished them the best. Jen has quit her job and will be moving to San Francisco. There will be no pre-nup, according to Andrew.

Andrew and Jen were interviewed by Diane Sawyer, and Kirsten was with Charlie Gibson in a different room.

There was a really tacky stunt at the end, where they brought in about seven sailors, one after the other to say they were available for dates. Kirsten smiled politely, as each one introduced themselves and kissed her hand.

Their appearance starts shortly after 8:00 for those are still able to catch it.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-03, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"

>I don't think Kirsten's been turned down very often in
>her life, and she seemed very bitter.

"Spoiled" was the word that immediately came to mind. She honestly couldn't see why others might take an issue to the fact that she was stringing an old boyfriend along and not telling him that it's over between them or that she was telling all of the girls and Andrew different stories.

>She didn't even have the decency to give good wishes to
>the happy couple.

I noticed that as well. She was a little more graceful in that she said that Andrew "wouldn't have been making a mistake going with either myself or Jen" as compared to her vitriol in the final episode after not getting the rose, but she still came across the wrong way overall in yesterday's reunion.

Jen really complements Andrew immeasurably more than Kirsten would have.

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-22-03, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"
I was watching AI but I did tape it and I flipped to it during the 10 million ad breaks they had on FOX.

One part I caught was when chris was talking to kirsten and kirsten was there saying that on her last date with andrew she knew she was not going to get picked....whatever kirsten LOL

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-03, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"
I watched most of the show last night. I have to say I thought it was the tackiest thing for them to have Kirsten on, especially at the end of the show. The interview with Jen and Andrew was going nicely, very upbeat. Then they had Bob on and as we all know, Bob's a funny guy. So there I am feeling good (while still hoping Clay would win AI), and they bring Kirsten out and the whole thing went downhill from there. So depressing. I just don't understand why they needed to do that. Her asking Andrew whether the BF was the deciding factor. It's over. Enough already about her damn ex-BF. It was funny to watch the blunders ... Jen getting stuck in the car, Liz tripping on the stairs. Andrew burping & picking his nose(gross). He really did feel comfortable with Jen to be doing that LOL.

I watched them on GMA this morning, and, as already mentioned by Boomerang, Kirsten was more gracious this time. She was asked, by Charlie (repeatedly), if she thought they would get married. Finally, she said yes.

I like Jen and Andrew together and I've said it before, I really do hope it works out for them.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-22-03, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"
Ya, I liked the bloopers as well. The DW and I were also talking about how he must have felt comfortable around her since he was burping and talking about having bad breath.

Kirsten saying she didn't think she was going to get picked is just her trying to save face. She had no clue she was gone until he gave her the big "but" during the rose ceremony.

And her saying that she thought of some of the girls as friends was 180 degrees from what she said during the competition. She had said she was not there to make friends, but to win a husband. "They betrayed my trust, boo hoo." Grow up, spoiled girl. (I still think the BF was the deciding factor.)

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-22-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"
Based upon that evil look she gave when Andrew asked about the BF during the "last supper" date, I think she has an acting future as a femme fatale. That look scares me every time they show it. LOL

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-22-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"
I was thinking future in soap opera.

jeannemarie97 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-22-03, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeannemarie97 Click to send private message to jeannemarie97 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"
I think she has a future wrestling Tanya Harding.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-03, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: "After The Final Rose" Show"
before the "after the rose" show, I thought Jen and Aaron, oops I meant Andrew would wind up just like the other Bachelor's as I really didn't feel any chemistry between them. But the show last night changed my mind, they're cute together. Comfortable, funny and sweet. and good for them. I hope they make it.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •